54175 replies to this topic

#5241 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:20 AM

The studio recently seem to be huge NaruSaku fans for some huge reason. Thinking they actually might know something we don't.

Actually, it's been like this for quite a while. I think Immortal Arc was a sign that the studio is a huge fan of NS. I have never seen such an alteration to the arc, but you know what, they're pretty good. The only arc that I thought it was better than the manga. Anyway, yeah, we should have foresee this.

Mebuki is like Sakura but has blonde hair, and Kizashi is like Naruto but has pink hair. I like how the similarities in her parents are shared from both Naruto and Sakura XD

Actually a bit of funny triva for you Lady GT, this is more NaruSaku stuff that doesn't really matter in the long run but is still true:

Just as Naruto is like both his parents and Sakura was confirmed to be like Kushina, there are also traits Sakura has with Minato:

-both are normal people not from any type of clan

-both are very smart

-both considered prodigies in their respective talents, Minato for his speed and space-time techniques and Sakura for her chakra control and medical expertise.

-both studied under a sannin.

And one more, concerning the parents of Naruto and Sakura:

-Both Naruto and Sakura have parents whose names start with an M and K

-Both Naruto and Sakura have a blond and red (color family of red) haired parent. Minato and Meubeki are blond, Kushina and Kizashi are close in red and pink

-Both these traits belong to the opposite gendered parent of both Naruto and Sakura's parents, ex Minato is male, name begins with M, has blond hair opposite Meubeki who has these traits but is female. Same conditions for Kushina and Kizashi.

Isn't it funny? Stuff like this does not matter in the long run or help the pairing but its still true!

@ Inferno 180: They don't matter, but they make the pairing more enjoyable. That's how it is for me XD

Same here. You got to admit, regardless that it's not made for pairing argument, it's really convenience that their parents have similarities with others. It's like Naruto and Sakura should be renamed "Parallel family" or something. 

oh but I'm SURE Kishi just did that by accident! /rolleyes

I'm seriously with you there.

Hey, check this out:

http://yellow-and-pi...airing-in-japan

So I heard Kishimoto has stated that NaruSaku is the most popular ship in Japan, but a while ago I saw a post that proved that wrong (well, at least that’s what I thought). They typed in NaruSaku, NaruHina and SasuSaku in japanese in google search and it showed that NaruHina and SasuSaku have a lot more results.

Well, too bad that those aren’t the official shipping names in Japan.

I got that idea when I saw in the NaLu tag (Natsu and Lucy from Fairy Tail) a text post that said that NaLu isn’t the shipping name in Japan. It’s NatsuLu (if I remember it correctly) and I thought maybe that’s the same with Narusaku, NaruHina and SasuSaku…

And I was right!

When you search さすさく (SasuSaku) it has 77.200 results

ナルヒナ (NaruHina) has 55.200 results

and ナルサク (NaruSaku) has only 47.600 results.

Seems like SasuSaku and NaruHina are way more popular in Japan, just like in the western countries, right? Well, how about we don’t use the western shipping names and type in instead:

サスケサクラ (Sasuke and Sakura) - it has 1.350.000 results. This already proves that these cannot be the official shipping names in Japan.

ナルトとヒナタ (Naruto and Hinata) has 510.000 results. A bit more than a half million. That’s already a lot more than when you type “NaruHina" in japanese.

But when you search ナルトとサクラ (Naruto and Sakura) it has 2.850.000 results. SasuSaku is not even half as popular as NaruSaku. NaruHina is not even worth talking about. The numbers speak for themselves.

So cheer up guys! I know we have a hard time on tumblr because we are the smallest fandom here but we have support from Japan, where the manga actually comes from. They understand the manga way better. They would for example never call Sakura abusive because she hits Naruto, they know it’s for comedy. Also, western countries always tend to look for romance in a story (especially girls) but Naruto is not a shoujo manga where it’s about girls getting the guys they love. And something tells me they are way more mature fandoms or have you ever seen someone from there who has been bashing others on the internet because of their OTPs? Btw, you can check all of this yourself. I put it this way because I can’t take screenshots with my PC. And next time, don’t question what Kishimoto states himself.

Wow, this world continues to surprise me. I like it. :P

#5242 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests in life and reading manga happens to be one of them. My favorite pairing is definitely NaruSaku.

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:28 AM

Wow, I had no idea that the ships were referred to as "Person A and Person B" in Japan, or that the search results for "Naruto and Sakura" were so high! Thanks for sharing this post with us, Red!

Edited by Slextrem, 07 August 2013 - 03:39 AM.

#5243 megi

megi

Resident Gardener

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:38 AM

@redragon88 and everyone who is interested

I have already replied to yellow-and-pink's post right here

What I have to say about that post is well, there are definitely different ship names in Japan. The reason why there are a higher number of searches is because there are more posts and blogs that have ナルトANDサクラ as opposed to the word "narusaku". Not all of these search results are of the pairing. Naruto and Sakura appear in a lot of chapters together, they both appear all the movies, etc, so not all searches are focused on the pairing. Do I make sense? haha in my experience, many Japanese use terms like SasuSaku, NaruSaku as well ^^

here is if you want to look up pairing results: 

ナルトxサクラ (Naruto x Sakura) 3,440,000 results
サスケxサクラ (Sasuke x Sakura) 926,000 results
ナルトxヒナタ
 (Naruto x Hinata) 239,000 results

^^

Edited by megi, 07 August 2013 - 03:42 AM.

tumblr_n17tev6vc61t0ss41o1_500.jpg

"You've got the need. You've got the dream" 絆ってなんだ?

GNS for life

#5244 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:41 AM

What I have to say about that post is well, there are definitely different ship names in Japan. The reason why there are a higher number of searches is because there are more posts and blogs that have ナルトANDサクラ as opposed to the word "narusaku". Not all of these search results are of the pairing. Naruto and Sakura appear in a lot of chapters together, they both appear all the movies, etc, so not all searches are focused on the pairing. Do I make sense? haha in my experience, many Japanese use terms like SasuSaku, NaruSaku as well ^^

ナルトxヒナタ

So in short, this is even more better? Lol.

#5245 Hiraishin

Hiraishin

infinite

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 04:10 AM

^ thank you very much guys! I'm really glad you liked it! :D

I was thinking about RTN lately, and I find it funny how Kishimoto made both Minato and Kushina tease and comment about Sakura in the movie, it was already an hint of their "girlfriend" approval :D
I'm just glad Kishimoto confirmed it again in chapter 631 since people keep saying RTN is not Canon.

I have a question! ( still RTN themed)
Am I the only one who never imagined for one of Sakura's parent to be blonde? I was really surprised when I saw Mebuki and Kizashi for the first time, I didn't expect Sakura's mother to be blonde, I always thought she would be the one with pink hair ahah :P I'm really happy with their design, once again Kishi surprised us all!

That picture was so perfect.  :wibble:

Honestly, I always knew Sakura's father would turn out to be the one with pink hair. Kishi probably knew that everyone expected for Sakura's mom to have the pink hair, and so he did a twist. Plus, I can imagine that might cause Sakura to be even more embarrassed of her father. xD

ナルトxヒナタ

^^

I saw this on tumblr, and I knew it was you who posted that.  :wow: Thanks for telling us this! You're so helpful.

narusaku_ss_by_Cynthi.jpg

#5246 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:36 AM

ナルトxヒナタ

^^

BilboHobbitFaint.gif

#5247 coolcatjas

coolcatjas

Lvl.70 ブレイバー

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Interests:Basic stuff like anime, manga, drawing, reading, movies, ect..

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:57 AM

ナルトxヒナタ

^^

did you put those in quotes? as in did you search for "ナルトxサクラ" or just ナルトxサクラ ? you see search engines search for pages with the keywords separately. It can find websites with ナルト, x,  or サクラ but not the phrase together. That's when you use quotation marks. If it's in quotation marks it will only search to websites with the phrase in said quotation marks not the keywords themselves.

Searched in quotations 

"ナルトxサクラ" 19,900

"サスケxサクラ" 11,900
"ナルトxヒナタ" 55,300

Naruhina is ahead followed by Narusaku then Sasusaku

However...

"ナルトとサクラ" 604,000

"サスケとサクラ" 436,000
"ナルトとヒナタ" 21,600

If you use と instead of x, Narusaku is ahead followed by Sasusaku then Naruhina. But this could be like you mentioned, that Naruto and Sakura search results could be because of the movies/anime/manga they've been in together. So it's safe to say that we shouldn't base our understanding of popularity of a pairing due to the number of search results they get...

swi1pKF.png
Image drawn by me :D

Tumblr Account Pony Account

#5248 megi

megi

Resident Gardener

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:04 AM

did you put those in quotes? as in did you search for "ナルトxサクラ" or just ナルトxサクラ ? you see search engines search for pages with the keywords separately. It can find websites with ナルト, x,  or サクラ but not the phrase together. That's when you use quotation marks. If it's in quotation marks it will only search to websites with the phrase in said quotation marks not the keywords themselves.

Searched in quotations 

"ナルトxサクラ" 19,900

"サスケxサクラ" 11,900
"ナルトxヒナタ" 55,300

Naruhina is ahead followed by Narusaku then Sasusaku

However...

"ナルトとサクラ" 604,000

"サスケとサクラ" 436,000
"ナルトとヒナタ" 21,600

If you use と instead of x, Narusaku is ahead followed by Sasusaku then Naruhina. But this could be like you mentioned, that Naruto and Sakura search results could be because of the movies/anime/manga they've been in together. So it's safe to say that we shouldn't base our understanding of popularity of a pairing due to the number of search results they get...

oh that's right sorry :(I didn't even think of that! My mistake。I made the same mistake ^^

Edited by megi, 07 August 2013 - 06:12 AM.

tumblr_n17tev6vc61t0ss41o1_500.jpg

"You've got the need. You've got the dream" 絆ってなんだ?

GNS for life

#5249 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:35 AM

This might be better off here:

005.jpg

NEW Girls of Jump poster this issue it being summer and all

the boys have to settle for the cover

001.jpg

If find it funny how in the case of Bleach they continuously prefer to showcase Orihime instead of Rukia, the actual first heroine. Maybe she just didn't "measure up". :chuckle:

Also, notice that Sakura is the only girl showing off her butt. It seems that little joke about Sakura not having much of a chest but having a nice behind might be alluded here. It could all be a coincidence though.

Edited by redragon88, 07 August 2013 - 07:36 AM.

#5250 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:52 AM

005.jpg

the boys have to settle for the cover

001.jpg

If find it funny how in the case of Bleach they continuously prefer to showcase Orihime instead of Rukia, the actual first heroine. Maybe she just didn't "measure up". :chuckle:

Also, notice that Sakura is the only girl showing off her butt. It seems that little joke about Sakura not having much of a chest but having a nice behind might be alluded here. It could all be a coincidence though.

Maybe they chose Orihime because IchiHime will be canon? :chuckle:

Edited by Jake, 07 August 2013 - 07:53 AM.

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#5251 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:03 AM

The studio recently seem to be huge NaruSaku fans for some huge reason. Thinking they actually might know something we don't.

When did that happen? I was under the impression that they're all hinatards.

005.jpg

Is Nami on the left side of Sakura and Orihime on the right? Can't recognize them..

Edited by Hanabi, 07 August 2013 - 09:07 AM.

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#5252 Branden

Branden

The man who's going to save the world.

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:15 AM

When did that happen? I was under the impression that they're all hinatards.

Is Nami on the left side of Sakura and Orihime on the right? Can't recognize them..

Nami has a tattoo on her arm from Arlong...

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

"This hat means a lot to me. Promise me you'll give it back someday...

when you've become a great pirate." -Shanks

#5253 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:23 AM

I also find it funny that the protagonist of Bleach isn't even in the cover. How the? Anyway, I see what you did there about "measure". :chuckle:

Well, there are some that has nothing to show on top, though not sure on the bottom. Either way, Naruto would be in Heaven at this point. Funny how Sakura and Nami managed to show full body while others are cut at certain part. How nice. Last to note, I like how in this picture remains to show some badassery, I mean wearing gloves with kunai in a bikini? More of that, please.

#5254 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:28 AM

No surprise about heroine's bleach.... Orihime have always been in wsj covers as bleach heroine....

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#5255 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:34 AM

No surprise about heroine's bleach.... Orihime have always been in wsj covers as bleach heroine....

True. Still, where's Ichigo? Lol. I guess they want her for fanservice. How fitting. Oh well, maybe he's off backstage. I bet those guys (mostly) wish they knew what the girls are up to.

#5256 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:47 AM

Bleach is absent for a month, that's why Ichigo isn't here... If you are wondering why Ichime is in tha cover, i say you that heroines cover is drawned by author of Shokugeki no Soma that he used to be an hentai mangaka once LOL

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#5257 Dkey

Dkey

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:58 AM

Bleach is absent for a month, that's why Ichigo isn't here... If you are wondering why Ichime is in tha cover, i say you that heroines cover is drawned by author of Shokugeki no Soma that he used to be an hentai mangaka once LOL

I went to see if Shokugeki no Soma had some hentai flavor in it. I don't think I saw 10 pages and I was convinced he had experience in hentai manga.

#5258 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:10 AM

Nami has a tattoo on her arm from Arlong...

Nami's Arlong tattoo was removed after Luffy beat Arlong, Nami had the doctor give her a new one. Her new tattoo is a tangerine and a pinwheel.

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#5259 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:46 AM

When I found out about that I couldn't stop laughing either. After googleing him I found out his hentai pen-name is Tosh. You can see the similarities in the art style between this WSJ poster and his other more provocative works.

I wonder how Kishi feels about Sakura being drawn in an official WSJ poster by a part time hentai mangaka.

#5260 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:55 AM

When I found out about that I couldn't stop laughing either. After googleing him I found out his hentai pen-name is Tosh. You can see the similarities in the art style between this WSJ poster and his other more provocative works.

I wonder how Kishi feels about Sakura being drawn in an official WSJ poster by a part time hentai mangaka.

Kishi: Ah! My little girl! I tried to avoid her showing her exposing some of her feat with shorts, but that pervert really did it. My wife is going to kill me.

But seriously, he's a hentai mangaka? Wow, no wonder people was requesting other heroine(s) and...sigh..."heroine"...to be drawn. Look at this way, Kishi. She still have her gloves and Kunai. I think Naruto might be regretting be in front cover, not in that poster. XD

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (3)