4201 replies to this topic

#3001 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 05:36 AM

Not gonna happen :no: Since the Days of Dragon Ball, WSJ fighting adventure manga have always taken ideas and concepts from each other.. Now, whether or not that gets boring is a matter of opinion of course

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#3002 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts
  • Interests:Writing

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 16 February 2018 - 10:24 PM

After my insane catch up from last week, and reading this weeks chapter I got to say Boku No Hero Academia has been fun the previous arc with the remedial arc was straight up fun and I actually really liked it for what it was.  This current arc so far as really gotten my attention in the best way possible because  not only is the fun factor here, it's not really an arc so far that's like super serious, but it's also not a waste of time either. I think it's got a good mix of both honetly, and to be so far this arc feels like it's going to be Kyoka's arc which i'm completely fine with because she's really been becoming an interesting character since the Summer Camp arc.

Also Gentle's motivation was just gold, it's not about taking over the world. It's just about the views and popularity, and that's perfectly fine with me.

8ba875d573fdb80ef2985b4ae933e5df755cd797

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER YOU & ME!

#3003 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 07:26 PM

I mainly just want Izuku to interacting with Eri for the arc :happy: Not so much with Mirio now, since even if he was joking, he was talking about taking Eri to the festival as a date. Kinda creepy XD and Besides I want Izuku to be Eri's main Onii-chan :yes:

#3004 Frankie

Frankie

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 09:49 PM

I mainly just want Izuku to interacting with Eri for the arc :happy: Not so much with Mirio now, since even if he was joking, he was talking about taking Eri to the festival as a date. Kinda creepy XD and Besides I want Izuku to be Eri's main Onii-chan :yes:

While I agree on wanting Izuku to be the main role model, I feel Mirio should be on equal footing with him in interacting with Eri since the kid went through A LOT to save her.

#3005 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 12:22 AM

I agree, or rather did since the whole "I get to go an a date with Eri-chan!" killed it for me :excited:  :zaru:

#3006 Frankie

Frankie

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 10:06 PM

I really hope that we see a certain interaction soon going off of that last page 😏

Also, it seems like Deku is entering the next stage of his training with One For All. I really hope one day he does some Sanji esque level of kicks and uses the wind pressure to slice some dude in half. That'd be sick!

#3007 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 26 February 2018 - 04:37 AM

Can't believe I'm saying this: I'm officially jumping into this series. Currently reading it right now.

Also the anime is lit. Why isn't on adult swim right now?

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#3008 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 07:22 PM

Welcome to the club!!! :D Amazing isn't it? also, not sure why it's not on adult swim. but it's licenced by Funimation in English

Edited by Phantom_999, 26 February 2018 - 07:28 PM.

#3009 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 26 February 2018 - 09:30 PM

Welcome to the club!!! :D Amazing isn't it? also, not sure why it's not on adult swim. but it's licenced by Funimation in English

Thanks. The series somehow captures American comic book-style mixed with the Japanese shonen which it's a clever idea. Funny, Masashi recommended Horikoshi as their artwork is similar (yet, Horikoshi is spot on when drawing his cast). For some reason, why I get the feeling the series will end with Izuku (Deku) vs, Katsuki (Kacchan) duking out one last time (he's gonna mellow out fully) to see who's the No. 1 hero.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#3010 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 10:45 PM

Well I hope they form a Justice league-like or Avengers-esque like Super hero Team with the main class and Class 2-B!!!!!! :w00t: And Deku X Uravity are Married!!!!! :love:

Edited by Phantom_999, 26 February 2018 - 10:57 PM.

#3011 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 26 February 2018 - 10:55 PM

Thanks. The series somehow captures American comic book-style mixed with the Japanese shonen which it's a clever idea. Funny, Masashi recommended Horikoshi as their artwork is similar (yet, Horikoshi is spot on when drawing his cast). For some reason, why I get the feeling the series will end with Izuku (Deku) vs, Katsuki (Kacchan) duking out one last time (he's gonna mellow out fully) to see who's the No. 1 hero.

Nah, I don’t think it Deku and Bakugou will fight for that spot. It’s apparent that Deku is the next in line, there’s not a need for them to fight. Plus it would be unnecessarily dumb and forced. Bakugou’s relevancy is already forced as hell, that would be taking it even further. There’s no reason for it.

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#3012 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 11:00 PM

Mm, While I agree Bakugou's relevance to the plot is FORCED AS HELL, him faighting Izuku for the No.1 Hero spot woud actually be in character for him since that is his aspiration to begin with. And Bakugou is fight happy to begin with. 

#3013 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 27 February 2018 - 07:34 PM

Mm, While I agree Bakugou's relevance to the plot is FORCED AS HELL, him faighting Izuku for the No.1 Hero spot woud actually be in character for him since that is his aspiration to begin with. And Bakugou is fight happy to begin with. 

I never said it wouldn't be in character. He's an entitled kitten that thinks the ground he walks on is holy. I said there would be no reason for it, and that it would be stupid, both of which are true. Deku is clearly the successor. The main villain knows it, All Might has shown as much, Bakugou recognized it. There is absolutely no reason for it to be entertained, and the only reason it would be done is to further push Bakugou's kitten character.

For the life of me, I still can't understand the fixation the author has with him. He shouldn't even be qualified to be a hero in the first place, and the way Deku is written in regards to Bakugou is disgusting. It's honestly taken away from the story.

EXL5X4B.png

#3014 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 05:27 PM

I don't see how Katsuki is a plot device. Unlike a certain character in Naruto who wasn't reprimanded and many people doesn't seem to see HIM as a plot device despite the fact he is and for some reason had more background info than the titular character himself. I see many people can't stand Katsuki Bakugo because of his, well, present atmosphere. Hirokoshi did something right with him unlike Masashi did with Sasuke. At least we saw that both him and Izuku were childhood friends at the beginning unlike the force friendship of Naruto and Sasuke. Also, remember the concept of Katsuki in the first place: once was supposed to be a very kind character but will say something negative without thinking? If Hirokoshi went that route with him, it would be very boring (in which he was correct) and put him in the likes with Shouto (and likely, Tenya) as friendly rivals.  It was that decision that he had to make Katsuki what he is today: a very hot-blooded, foul-mouth, "looks like Satan has born into this world" character who thinks everyone's beneath him.

Key things in mind, Katsuki has two deadly sins as a character: pride and wrath. And oh boy, with those sins together, he's very unstable. However, those two pegs on him were being kicked throughout the whole story. Its definitely needed for his development. You THINK you'll be number 1 but there will always be someone who will be better than you. It first happened when Izuku began to fight back after receiving his training from All Might. And the statement is hitting Katsuki and continuing hitting on him throughout the plot unlike Sasuke's development during Naruto. Despite the fact he won his recent match with Izuku, he's starting to realize that Izuku will always catch up and become better. I'm actually intrigued with Katsuki because he's a better rival character that has depths than Sasuke.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#3015 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 07:43 PM

Yeah agrred Derock. :smile:  I don't LIKE his character but I understand the intention of it and even though his personality is not realistically justified, I admit it makes the dynamic and rivalry between him and Izuku much more interesting. I just feel that there still needs something done for his earliest behaviour towards Izuku, personally speaking.

I never said it wouldn't be in character. He's an entitled kitten that thinks the ground he walks on is holy. I said there would be no reason for it, and that it would be stupid, both of which are true. Deku is clearly the successor. The main villain knows it, All Might has shown as much, Bakugou recognized it. There is absolutely no reason for it to be entertained, and the only reason it would be done is to further push Bakugou's kitten character.

For the life of me, I still can't understand the fixation the author has with him. He shouldn't even be qualified to be a hero in the first place, and the way Deku is written in regards to Bakugou is disgusting. It's honestly taken away from the story.

It is only pointless and stupid if one think's Katsuki Bakugou's WHOLE CHARACTER is pointless and stupid, of which some do. While I DO share the mind set that I don't like Bakugou's character at all, and neither does my brother, the point is Katsuki is meant to be a rival to Izuku. A wall that he has to overcome to be the  no. 1 Hero. if Katsuki is pointless just because Izuku is meant to be the no. 1 Hero someday, then other rivals are pointless too. Mirio, Shouto, etc. would all be pointless Again you don't have to like Like Katsuki's character, and by all means hate his guts because that is the point. However his rivalry with Izuku is NOT pointless and a fight between them for the top spot is not unreasonable because no matter how accomplished Izuku gets Katsuki will ALWAYS want to beat him.

If there is one thing that I absolutely despise though, it is that Katsuki is constantly treated as Izuku's better at fighting and that he always seems to one up Izuku in body build and athleticism. For instance Izuku is struggling to handle the blow back of the explosion gauntlets and wonders how Katsuki was able to take it just fine on a regular basis. This is DESPITE the fact that Izuku has both OFA and has fought and won against villains far stronger than Katsuki, whereas the latter only has taken out street level thugs when fighting which is not even that much of an accomplishment.

Edited by Phantom_999, 28 February 2018 - 07:46 PM.

#3016 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 08:23 PM

Yeah agrred Derock. :smile:  I don't LIKE his character but I understand the intention of it and even though his personality is not realistically justified, I admit it makes the dynamic and rivalry between him and Izuku much more interesting. I just feel that there still needs something done for his earliest behaviour towards Izuku, personally speaking.

It is only pointless and stupid if one think's Katsuki Bakugou's WHOLE CHARACTER is pointless and stupid, of which some do. While I DO share the mind set that I don't like Bakugou's character at all, and neither does my brother, the point is Katsuki is meant to be a rival to Izuku. A wall that he has to overcome to be the  no. 1 Hero. if Katsuki is pointless just because Izuku is meant to be the no. 1 Hero someday, then other rivals are pointless too. Mirio, Shouto, etc. would all be pointless Again you don't have to like Like Katsuki's character, and by all means hate his guts because that is the point. However his rivalry with Izuku is NOT pointless and a fight between them for the top spot is not unreasonable because no matter how accomplished Izuku gets Katsuki will ALWAYS want to beat him.

If there is one thing that I absolutely despise though, it is that Katsuki is constantly treated as Izuku's better at fighting and that he always seems to one up Izuku in body build and athleticism. For instance Izuku is struggling to handle the blow back of the explosion gauntlets and wonders how Katsuki was able to take it just fine on a regular basis. This is DESPITE the fact that Izuku has both OFA and has fought and won against villains far stronger than Katsuki, whereas the latter only has taken out street level thugs when fighting which is not even that much of an accomplishment.

Agree. In order for the rivalry makes sense, both needs a drive to become better and these two have it. They could be the next Goku/Vegeta rivalry of the Shonen genre.

On your statement on Katsuki is constantly treated as Izuku's better half, well, then what's the point of Izuku's admiration towards him? He already stated that Katsuki is amazing because of his quirk. One to keep in mind that although he has OFA, Izuku was trying to get the hand of it to avoid disadvantages on his body. OFA was definitely putting Izuku in the hospital bed so many times, I lost count until recently when he developed Shoot Style.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#3017 Azor Ahai

Azor Ahai

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 08:38 PM

People can't really compare Katsuki to Sasuke...Katsuki has some depth as well as personality, even when that personality is being an kitten.

Also...the entire female population isn't swooning over the guy like Sasuke had.

Edit: Also unlike Sasuke, Katsuki has to pay the consequences over being an antisocial psychopath.

Edited by Azor Ahai, 28 February 2018 - 08:42 PM.

tumblr_p7wkb2FRTk1r3exqoo1_500.gif

#3018 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 12:46 AM

YUP :yes:

Agree. In order for the rivalry makes sense, both needs a drive to become better and these two have it. They could be the next Goku/Vegeta rivalry of the Shonen genre.

On your statement on Katsuki is constantly treated as Izuku's better half, well, then what's the point of Izuku's admiration towards him? He already stated that Katsuki is amazing because of his quirk. One to keep in mind that although he has OFA, Izuku was trying to get the hand of it to avoid disadvantages on his body. OFA was definitely putting Izuku in the hospital bed so many times, I lost count until recently when he developed Shoot Style.

Yeah this is true. I just wish that they would stop giving Katsuki the higher ground ALWAYS, when his rivalry with Izuku pops up, that is all :ermm:

#3019 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 02:49 PM

Well, this arc is dumb as hell. It’s just another filler arc. And looks like I was right about Eri. So much wasted potential with Deku and Eri. Just bad writing, and this arc is a waste.

EXL5X4B.png

#3020 Frankie

Frankie

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 04:58 PM

Well, this arc is dumb as hell. Its just another filler arc. And looks like I was right about Eri. So much wasted potential with Deku and Eri. Just bad writing, and this arc is a waste.

I don't wanna sound like an apologist, but I'll wait until the Arc is over until I critque if it's a waste or not. Just remember the Summer Training Arc started slow like this too and then exploded into a crazy slugfest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users