Close
Photo

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu

anime studio deen winter 2016 rakugo japanese culture drama josei comedy (kind of)

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 23 January 2016 - 05:17 PM

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu

77907.jpg

When a certain man is released from prison, he knows exactly where he's heading first. After falling in love with a traditional comic storyteller's rendition of the story called "Shinigami," he is determined to become his apprentice. The performer, Yakumo, has never taken an apprentice before, but to everyone's surprise, he accepts the eager ex-prisoner, nicknaming him "Yotaro."

As Yotaro happily begins his new life, he meets others in Yakumo's life, including Yakumo's ward Konatsu. Konatsu was the daughter of a famous storyteller, and Yakumo took her in after her father's tragic death. Konatsu loved her father's storytelling, and would love to become a performer in her own right—but that path is not available for women.

(Source: MangaHelpers)

Personally, this is my favorite anime of the season. I love the drama and character interactions, both in the past and the present. Anyone else watching this beautiful anime?

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#2 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 05:24 PM

*Write down on my list to watch*

I know about this but thanks for the reminder as well as synopsis.

#3 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

Posted 23 January 2016 - 05:28 PM

*Write down on my list to watch*

I know about this but thanks for the reminder as well as synopsis.

You're welcome >_< Once in a while, Studio Deen can create something nice.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."

#4 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 23 January 2016 - 05:39 PM

Didn't get to watch episode 3 yet, but this is easily my favorite anime of this season right now. I laughed so hard at Yotaro's 'Dekigokoro' story in the first episode.

#5 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 05:44 PM

Didn't get to watch episode 3 yet, but this is easily my favorite anime of this season right now. I laughed so hard at Yotaro's 'Dekigokoro' story in the first episode.

Episode 3 still plays in the past. I'm assuming two or three more episodes will be dedicated to the past before we go back to the present. In a way, it's nice to do it this way, b/c we can compare the past and present Yakumo. Unfortunately, we also now his best buddy will die :(

I honestly need to listen to that story again, lol. I prob dozed off a bit b/c I was tired when I watched the first episode (it was long after all).

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#6 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 05:48 PM

You're welcome >_< Once in a while, Studio Deen can create something nice.

Of course. But...Rurouni Kenshin...I CAN'T FORGIVE!!

Edited by TouKen4Life3g, 23 January 2016 - 05:48 PM.

#7 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 05:51 PM

Of course. But...Rurouni Kenshin...I CAN'T FORGIVE!!

Trust and Betrayal was nice though :sweat:

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#8 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 06:23 PM

Trust and Betrayal was nice though :sweat:

True. Wonder why no one thought of remake. It's obvious that the series is still popular. One day, I can dream.

#9 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 03:06 PM

Used my weekend on watching this anime, since I kept hearing good things about it. And I really love it!! 

I loved it, lmao XD 

tumblr_nsqg2qQqZ61utjwzwo1_500.gif

#10 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 11:40 PM

Used my weekend on watching this anime, since I kept hearing good things about it. And I really love it!! 

I loved it, lmao XD 

Nice to see you checking it out, especially b/c this is apparently one of those rare occasions that Studio Deen is producing something nice XD

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#11 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 03:12 PM

Nice to see you checking it out, especially b/c this is apparently one of those rare occasions that Studio Deen is producing something nice XD

I really like the idea about this begin a Rakugo anime (didn't know what Rakugo was first, so I watched some Rakugo performers on YouTube).

I haven't really watched that much anime from Deen, I think the only anime I watched was F/SN, but I never finished it  :sweatdrop:

tumblr_nsqg2qQqZ61utjwzwo1_500.gif

#12 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 03:20 PM

I really like the idea about this begin a Rakugo anime (didn't know what Rakugo was first, so I watched some Rakugo performers on YouTube).

I haven't really watched that much anime from Deen, I think the only anime I watched was F/SN, but I never finished it  :sweatdrop:

Lol, I did the same thing on youtube, lol.

Hmm, I think I've only watched three series from Studio Deen so far. But F/SN... that was the definition of butchering something, lol.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#13 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 11:36 PM

Such a beautiful anime. Every week, I'm looking forward to this anime.

While I am personally tired of these love triangles, I can tolerate/forgive that trope b/c of how natural and and honest the characters interact with each other up till now. No superficiality.

But gosh, I feel so bad for Miyokichi. She seems to have truly fallen in love with Kiku, but that dude is just uninterested (especially after having been reminded about his master and her).

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#14 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 08:17 PM

Season 2 was announced! Can't wait.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#15 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 08:35 PM

Praise the sun! Yeah, I was shocked to hear it. DEEN is about to redeem me from Kenshin.

#16 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 08:53 PM

Praise the sun! Yeah, I was shocked to hear it. DEEN is about to redeem me from Kenshin.

ikr? I really, really enjoyed this series. I know it's not for everyone, but to me this a i.e was the best of winter 2016.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#17 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 02:53 PM

Finally got around to catching up on this. Rakugo pretty much made this winter season of anime worthwhile for me, and I can't wait for the second season.

#18 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 12:16 AM

The first ep. of season two is out. Anyone else watching?

#19 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 04:27 PM

The first ep. of season two is out. Anyone else watching?

ME!

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#20 dejavu

dejavu

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 04:39 PM

I am waiting for the 2nd season to end before i watch it.. hopefully i can manage to do that without being spoiled.

This isn't really something i would get into but for some reason it hooked me in.There's this familiar, poignant feeling in the story that makes me attached to the characters and their story.

It was also nice to learn about rakugo..

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: anime, studio deen, winter 2016, rakugo, japanese culture, drama, josei, comedy (kind of)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users