#1 deathworks

deathworks

I'am something..

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts
  • Interests:Computers computers and computers

Posted 16 January 2009 - 08:54 AM

I have installed the beta and already i love it.
Far more stable then vista even though its in beta.
And faster preformance even from xp let alone vista
And my test machine is on a P4 at 3.4ghz 1 gig of ram and a old ati 1950pro
and it looks pretty lol which is a plus cus i use compiz on ubuntu all the time lol

So what i want to know is do you have the beta if so what are your thoughs from the vista killer.

btw the beta is free

http://www.microsoft...-7/default.aspx

Edited by deathworks, 16 January 2009 - 08:54 AM.

Naruto on Disney.....I give up....
Good night sweet prince..

#2 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 16 January 2009 - 09:41 AM

I've downloaded the beta and plan to install it on my old Athlon64 PC when I get back from Wales next week. smile.gif

To anyone interested in downloading Windows 7, I'd like to repeat Microsoft's warning: Do NOT use it on your regular PC! Install it on an old PC you rarely/don't use anymore. That way, if something goes wrong, you won't lose any important files.

#3 Kirby

Kirby

Kirby ain't hungry right now.

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Manga, TV, Reading, Tromboning, Kirby (their vaccuum cleaners are AWESOME <3

Posted 16 January 2009 - 12:21 PM

I'm not going to yet. Not sure if its safe, and how much is the memory file? (Also, how do they make an OS downloadable)
. Don't Press the red button

#4 jigglychu

jigglychu

is a MAN

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 01:03 PM

http://www.microsoft...a-download.aspx

You have to download it, burn the DVD image to a DVD, and install from there. The system requirements are the same as Vista, although it should be a bit snappier. I hear it's pretty stable in its current form - if you don't have another system lying around, make another partition on your hard drive, install it on there, and dual boot with your current OS.
Jigs

#5 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 16 January 2009 - 10:17 PM

Meh...

I rather wait for the full version (and a new computer as well, since my old desktop is practically dead.) tongue.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#6 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, eating, and sleeping =]

Posted 17 January 2009 - 02:52 AM

Same as Derock. My computer (old as it may be) should be able to last me till the full version of Windows 7 comes out. By then everything has probably been super upgraded compared to my current PC XD.

Fanfiction.net C2: Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#7 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 22 January 2009 - 07:23 PM

Well, after doing some DIY today, I finally got around to getting my old PC together.

The installation of Windows 7 was so easy, even formatting/repartitioning the hard disk was a breeze! A couple of restarts later, I was looking at the Windows 7 desktop.

Windows/applications are shown as icons in the taskbar, there are no titles. You simply hover over each icon to see more information. I can put up screenshots later if anyone wants?

There's something cool, too. Slide show backgrounds. biggrin.gif You can set the desktop to act like a slide show and change wallpapers (that you choose) every X minutes, either in sequence or random order.

First impressions are excellent. It looks like Vista with a few visual changes, and it's quick. The only minor problem was AVG Free not running properly at first, but it's been perfect since I restarted the PC.

Test PC:

Athlon64 3700+ (2.52 GHz)
Nvidia Geforce 7600 GT
2GB RAM
250GB HD
DVDRW+

*continues to explore Windows 7*

#8 Kirby

Kirby

Kirby ain't hungry right now.

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Manga, TV, Reading, Tromboning, Kirby (their vaccuum cleaners are AWESOME <3

Posted 22 January 2009 - 08:59 PM

If its a beta, does that mean they'll shut down the beta's when the real one comes out, coz the Beta is free and Microsoft might be losing money.
. Don't Press the red button

#9 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, eating, and sleeping =]

Posted 22 January 2009 - 09:25 PM

Probably... they might set the termination date for the beta once they have determined when the official copy is to be out on the market. Though I'm not quite clear on this either. Do you know how they did it for Vista?

Fanfiction.net C2: Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#10 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 09:43 PM

Yes, betas will expire. After the Vista beta expired, Microsoft allowed users to log in for 2 hours at a time to retrieve their personal data for transfer to another computer or for restoring it after a fresh install of the official Vista build.

So, if you like the Windows 7 beta and want to carry on using it, you'll have to buy the final version when it comes out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users