74 replies to this topic

#61 narusakuno1

narusakuno1

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 03:34 AM

This place has become one of my home... somewhere I feel like I really belong. I will stay here and support this website!

#62 kai1100

kai1100

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 03:48 AM

I havent posted year in awhile at first i was okay with the ending untill i kept going back to mangapanda and haveing those scenes in my head and i finnaly came to the conclusion that the ending sucked kishi gaved in to fanservice and to me naruhina and sasusaku is semi canon due to how it happened but i will still love narusaku i will start writeing fanfiction for it and ill be back on here more often.

#63 Niky

Niky

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 01:24 PM

:wibble:

I was thinking...

In future Heaven and Earth could become a forum for the "Heaven and Earth" couples from other mangas?

Couples where the individual characters' (male and female) evolution are separate from one another and, at the same time, imperative to story?

If I may, I should like to make two proposals about it... :chuckle:

And for new fanarts... Just give me a little time, okay? :woot:

“A good novel tells us the truth about its hero; but a bad novel tells us the truth about its author.”

G. K. Chesterton

tumblr_o3tosabkSm1untbo7o4_r2_250.gif

Their first encounter...

#64 DarkRadeon

DarkRadeon

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 05:20 PM

Can't we ship BoltXSalada?They are pretty much like NS

#65 It's Deidara Hm

It's Deidara Hm

To write with a broken pencil is pointless.

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:My ships better sail

Posted 09 November 2014 - 05:54 PM

I am so lucky that I found this place. Especially since none of my friends watch Naruto or anime in general, much less ship NS, I feel this is the only place I can actually pour my heart out about these emotions I'm feeling regarding this whole thing. And more importantly, with people who understand me. 

I ain't leaving yet.

4d1ad0db251e88852e66f358afc86cde.gif

#66 Niky

Niky

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 07:54 PM

Naruto Sasuke, eh?

Ah Ah Ah Ah Ah...

NO!! :down:

I refuse a rebound couple for NaruSaku!!

Edited by Niky, 09 November 2014 - 07:55 PM.

“A good novel tells us the truth about its hero; but a bad novel tells us the truth about its author.”

G. K. Chesterton

tumblr_o3tosabkSm1untbo7o4_r2_250.gif

Their first encounter...

#67 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 09 November 2014 - 10:16 PM

Eh, for me, they would be a poor substitute for Naruto and Sakura.  Salada is also more like Sasuke than Sakura, so it's more hetero-NaruSasu. :wink: 

Perhaps I am biased, but it just feels like no other couple - canon or not - could ever match up to NaruSaku in terms of their dynamic and depth. 

#68 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 10:43 PM

Eh, for me, they would be a poor substitute for Naruto and Sakura.  Salada is also more like Sasuke than Sakura, so it's more hetero-NaruSasu. :wink:

Perhaps I am biased, but it just feels like no other couple - canon or not - could ever match up to NaruSaku in terms of their dynamic and depth. 

I actually think that is probably the point. Naruto/Sasuke in the next generation. I've had my fill of that already.

Anyway, I don't plan to go anywhere either. 

#69 airongstring

airongstring

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 02:14 AM

Am I crazy if I'm still hoping for a Naruto and Sakura ending in the movie? :sad: :nslove:

#70 shisui

shisui

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 02:43 AM

How, that was disappointing.

How am I going to ship this when I hate half of their parents?

#71 puckreathof

puckreathof

The Old Lion grows weary...

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 11:26 PM

I haven't posted in ages, though I do occasionally come here to lend a silent shoulder in support for the bad times and cheer silently in the background in the good times (I lurk), but I felt the need to come out and post. For one I applaud Smiter's decision to stay open. Just because a ship is not canon does not mean you must abandon. One of my favorite ships was not ever canon (well, AUs did happen) and now it is actually canon in a reboot. (SMWW for the win). Even then, you like what you like, you interpret a story a certain way regardless of what the author may have intended or even like a pair regardless of canon acknowledgement. (I like Ranma with various girls even if I realize and recognize that Akane is the main ship). So it is good to know that this will stay open, I'll keep coming here and lurking and maybe once a decade posting as time goes on. 

Onto Naruto: Wow. What crap. Naruto was not even remotely himself as Kage, which as some have mentioned seems meaningless now, really. I contemplate all the themes that got crushed not just at the end now but also throughout the story. The whole Hard Work theme is pretty much eviscerated, the Generational theme is only barely less killed. The only success was peace and if the third movie is in the 'present' so to speak, there will be violence, so the whole 'cycle of hatred' will not be as dead as one would think. (I wasn't a huge fan of that theme, honestly.)

Rambling now, but I'd like to see a workup of all the important thematic elements that basically got wrecked as the story came closer and closer to its ending. I'd contribute a lot if I wasn't working near 60 hrs a week right now. I like most of you (I don't know you all well enough to say love) and I am happy that this place will still exist as time goes on. (Also, to the joker who said Bolada (that's the portmanteau I'm going with) is like Naruto Sakura it's actually more like Naruto Hinata all over again, or maybe Sasuke Hinata or maybe Smiter is correct and it is basically a 100% hetero Naruto Sasuke in which case the yaoi fans had it right) I recall someone mentioned the story worked better if you rule 63d either Naruto or Sasuke and darned if I don't agree. 

#72 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 12:59 AM

Why not keep going? smiley-char139.gif

About the finale, it's disappointing, but I think that the only things that we really lost are the payoff (which I wasn't expecting much of anymore) and any future NaruSaku scenes. It doesn't change what already happened. It can change our perception of it - and it's probably hard to completely avoid that - but that's something that we have some control over.

They had a lot of great moments. I'll continue to appreciate those and I think they'll continue to inspire more NaruSaku fanfics and fanart.

#73 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 01:31 AM

First of all thank you Smiter for this wonderful site that made my first (and so far only) forum experience a positive one.

I'm staying around although I don't know how active I'll be (not that I was ever real active to begin with  :sweat:) but I'll try my best.

Am I crazy if I'm still hoping for a Naruto and Sakura ending in the movie? :sad: :nslove:

Yes, yes you are.

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#74 JG111580

JG111580

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 04:07 AM

I'm not going anywhere. I used to be a lurker here because this was a place where all of us that saw the possibilities of the story and development could have reasonable discussions about new chapters, episodes, movies, and other things beyond Naruto. I finally stopped lurking when things were bleak during the Hinata confession. It went against the flow of the story, and I had to voice my opinion here. I'm not a memeber on any other sites, and I don't really know anyone else that reads manga or watches anime. So, this is where I come to talk to people. I wanted to talk to people who saw the value and positive message that Naruto had the means to push through have positive impacts on the younger readers. I'm not sure if Kishimoto ended the series this way because he wanted to or because he was forced to, but I'm not going let it stop me from enjoying Naruto. I have never written a fan fiction, but now I'm motivated as hell. I'm taking a break from my own original project that I have been working on for a year to contribute. This isn't the end. Popular properties like these are reimagined time and time again. We just need to keep pushing to try and get our version of the story told someday.   

#75 only Naruto

only Naruto

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 04:26 AM

IV been here for 6 months and H&E became part of my life .and id like that it will always be . CAUSE the people here are really great and i learnd a lot from them. its beautiful we all share our love for NS . THANKS smiter for making this amazing place and also for keeping it running .and surely am staying here .:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users