3333 replies to this topic

#2021 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 07:22 PM

How would it be copying Dragonball though? Goku ends up with Chichi who's SUPER tsundere and more like Sakura than Hinata.

Well it is copying only on a superficial level. Main character does not get with main heroine, and instead marries a secondary  female character that fan girls him and heroine gets together with rival. Nothing more than that, but still 

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#2022 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 07:38 PM

One more thing I would LOVE TO ADD about comparing the romance of Naruto to Dragon Balls romance.

It was not like Goku had an obvious romantic affection for Bulma that she was oblivious to, then Krillin flat out told her Goku was in love with her and she breaks down in tears because of remorse for not noticing Gokus love for her or even understanding how much emotional pain she put Goku through :zaru:

Even if she did do that, Toriyama wouldn't have had her then immediately marry Vegeta.  Because that would make her look like kitten. But Kishi doesn't have those kinds of concerns.

Edited by DrK, 05 April 2018 - 07:40 PM.

#2023 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 07:45 PM

Oh Sakura did not marry Sasuke Immediately, She married him last minute which was even worse :superior:

#2024 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 07:59 PM

Oh Sakura did not marry Sasuke Immediately, She married him last minute which was even worse :superior:

Well, she married him as soon as she could. He didn't give her the opportunity to do it sooner.

#2025 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 04:26 AM

Well, she married him as soon as she could. He didn't give her the opportunity to do it sooner.

You will probably never see how SS actually got together because it would be the most forced bullcrap you have ever seen.

#2026 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 05:49 AM

You will probably never see how SS actually got together because it would be the most forced bullcrap you have ever seen.

Sasuke pokes her on the forehead as a way of saying he will return. Sakura waits for 3 years like a f***ing idiot. He finally does return, leaving again in like 2 days. Sakura follows him like a pathetic little dog. One of the loud, barking ones. Sasuke eventually asks this strange creature that somewhat resembles his old teammate to help him produce a kid. Sakura has difficulty with this considering that having sex with him would mean he could kill her easily, but she somehow does it anyway. She miraculously gets pregnant after only one act. This is necessary because Sasuke would never be willing to spend that much time with her. Now that that is done Sasuke leaves before the sun comes up and Sakura goes back to Konoha. When she realizes she is pregnant she goes to search for Sasuke but takes a long time to find him. When she finally does Sasuke asks her what she is doing there. Sakura says she is pregnant and that she thought they would get married. Sasuke tells her to do whatever she wants and leaves (again.) Sakura goes back to Konoha and claims that her and Sasuke got married. No one questions this because all of her friends and family already realized she was crazy when she wanted to be with someone who tried to murder her. They don't like thinking about it more than they have to. She takes out a big loan to buy a home. She doesn't see Sasuke again until the events of Gaiden. The End.

A better love story than Twilight? No.

Edited by DrK, 06 April 2018 - 05:53 AM.

#2027 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 06:48 AM

I don't even know what he's capable of, considering that Yahagi seems to be responsible for a conspicuous chunk of Naruto's success. I'm not saying he has zero talent but I'm not holding my breath in anticipation either. How good is he, really? I might peek at it, just to see if he can answer that question.

Kishi is really good at creating hype. He also rather good at fighting scene. I think that's about it.

I think he's good at making entertaning manga.

Sakura is like combination of chici and bulma. She inherit bulma "blond" hair and "smart", but Chichi get the big share. Sakura has the same Chinese qipao motive dress, she's angry like Chichi.

#2028 KClaws_2

KClaws_2

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 08:47 AM

I’ll never understand why Naruto can’t use shadow clones to do his paperwork. The memories and information go to his mind after they disperse, so it’s not like he won’t know about what the paperwork says. He can make thousand to go through rigorous training, but paperwork is too much.

Or did he just forget his trademark technique that he is known for using ALL the time, along with the Rasengan?

Do I have to show you that Futurama video again?

Well the man of the family in Japan usually works long hours

Yeah, Sasuke just wanders so it makes no sense that he would be married to Sakura. 

to provide for his family so he's not around as much. 

Yes, the man of the house works long HOURS, not YEARS. Granted, Japanese culture DOES have serious issues in regards to marriage and family, but there are still enough married men that at least TRY to be there for their families regularly. Even Kishimoto talked at length about this how he would take his kids out for sweets because it was about the only time he could share with them, and rumor has it his wife gave him a stern talking to years ago about how he wasn't there for the kids, and from what I gathered he listened to her and put more effort into his life as a husband and father.

If only that could be reflected in the manga.

Are you sure he is providing for his family? To me, it looks like he doesn't get a dime to support his family whatsoever. Sakura is the one making all the money even though she stays at home. The guy doesn't see his kid or wife and doesn't pay child support. Can I get a vote for Father of the Year for Sasuke over here?

I'm not sure Sakura is making any money. I mean, I thought the epilogue showed all married women becoming house wives, right? If you work, you're not a housewife. I suppose that can be an incorrect assumption, but there is a reason most women get offended when you tell them to stay in the kitchen.

How would it be copying Dragonball though? Goku ends up with Chichi who's SUPER tsundere and more like Sakura than Hinata.

You'd be surprised at the length NH goes into to justify their pairing. They compare Bulma to Sakura; one scene in particular when Goku premires as an adult. Yes, Bulma spoke about how handsome Goku had become, and compared it to Naruto and Sakura's reunion at the beginning of Shippuden, but Bulma didn't suddenly ditch Yamcha for him (that honor goes to Vegeta), not to mention Goku never had feelings for Bulma. The comparison is just stupid. 

Kishimoto actually agrees with you. He himself said "I couldn't tell you how Sakura and Sasuke got together without it looking contrived".

#2029 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 06 April 2018 - 10:26 AM

Do I have to show you that Futurama video again?

Yes, the man of the house works long HOURS, not YEARS. Granted, Japanese culture DOES have serious issues in regards to marriage and family, but there are still enough married men that at least TRY to be there for their families regularly. Even Kishimoto talked at length about this how he would take his kids out for sweets because it was about the only time he could share with them, and rumor has it his wife gave him a stern talking to years ago about how he wasn't there for the kids, and from what I gathered he listened to her and put more effort into his life as a husband and father.

If only that could be reflected in the manga.

I'm not sure Sakura is making any money. I mean, I thought the epilogue showed all married women becoming house wives, right? If you work, you're not a housewife. I suppose that can be an incorrect assumption, but there is a reason most women get offended when you tell them to stay in the kitchen.

You'd be surprised at the length NH goes into to justify their pairing. They compare Bulma to Sakura; one scene in particular when Goku premires as an adult. Yes, Bulma spoke about how handsome Goku had become, and compared it to Naruto and Sakura's reunion at the beginning of Shippuden, but Bulma didn't suddenly ditch Yamcha for him (that honor goes to Vegeta), not to mention Goku never had feelings for Bulma. The comparison is just stupid. 

Kishimoto actually agrees with you. He himself said "I couldn't tell you how Sakura and Sasuke got together without it looking contrived".

And NH isn't contrived.

#2030 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 11:24 AM

And NH isn't contrived.

Unlike ss, nh doesn't have negative development like ss and it's popular pairing.

#2031 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 11:40 AM

NH is only popular in the west it's not in Japan. The Japanese fandom are still scratching their heads with the Naruto ending.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#2032 griff142

griff142

Member of Kishi's execution squad

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Interests:I love anime. I am also a football geek and video game nerd.

Posted 06 April 2018 - 11:47 AM

Unlike ss, nh doesn't have negative development like ss and it's popular pairing.

Maybe NH isn't negative but that is only because their isn't really development there in the first place so you can say by being neutral it slightly better than SS.

#2033 griff142

griff142

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 11:59 AM

NH is only popular in the west it's not in Japan. The Japanese fandom are still scratching their heads with the Naruto ending.

Dude, I am still scratching my head on the wasted opportunity and time that happened with the end almost 4 years ago. I know I should be completely over it by now but it is kind of hard when you grew up on Naruto, just to have it screw with you like that.

#2034 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 03:07 PM

Sasuke pokes her on the forehead as a way of saying he will return. Sakura waits for 3 years like a f***ing idiot. He finally does return, leaving again in like 2 days. Sakura follows him like a pathetic little dog. One of the loud, barking ones. Sasuke eventually asks this strange creature that somewhat resembles his old teammate to help him produce a kid. Sakura has difficulty with this considering that having sex with him would mean he could kill her easily, but she somehow does it anyway. She miraculously gets pregnant after only one act. This is necessary because Sasuke would never be willing to spend that much time with her. Now that that is done Sasuke leaves before the sun comes up and Sakura goes back to Konoha. When she realizes she is pregnant she goes to search for Sasuke but takes a long time to find him. When she finally does Sasuke asks her what she is doing there. Sakura says she is pregnant and that she thought they would get married. Sasuke tells her to do whatever she wants and leaves (again.) Sakura goes back to Konoha and claims that her and Sasuke got married. No one questions this because all of her friends and family already realized she was crazy when she wanted to be with someone who tried to murder her. They don't like thinking about it more than they have to. She takes out a big loan to buy a home. She doesn't see Sasuke again until the events of Gaiden. The End.

A better love story than Twilight? No.

Sad thing is that's probably what happened.

#2035 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 03:08 PM

I'm a westerner scratching my head because I don't see how it's popular in the west either.

#2036 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 03:21 PM

I'm a westerner scratching my head because I don't see how it's popular in the west either.

Neither am I.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#2037 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 05:40 PM

I wouldn't say that the PAIRING is popular. HINATA is popular because she was the only girl that had a crush on Naruto as kids when Almost everyone else treated him cruelly and Sakura, the target of his affections thought of him as an annoyance and did not understand him, exemplified when she said how Naruto had it easy being an orphan. Then Hinata grew her hair out and developed like what? 5+(?) cup sizes and then was treated like sex object, so her hierophants  declared her a "goddess" and must have Naruto as their offering of worship to her. You don't actually hear too often on WHY she and Naruto make a good couple do you? You just hear "Hinata deserves Naruto, she always loved him"  :zaru:

Plus, I suppose a lot of westerners and otakus in Japan probably have some sort of PTSD of how they got friend zoned and rejected by their crushes and want to see themselves succeed vicariously with fictional characters. Well Hinata's biggest YouTube YouTube admit it at least, like sawyer7mage and forneverworld

Edited by Phantom_999, 03 May 2018 - 10:25 PM.

#2038 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 05:48 PM

I wouldn't say that the PAIRING is popular. HINATA is popular because she was the only girl that had a crush on Naruto as kids when Almost everyone else everyone treated him cruelly and Sakura, the target of his affections thought of him as an annoyance and did not understand him, exemplified when she said how Naruto had it easy being an orphan. then Hinata grew her her hair out and grew like what(?) 4-5 cup sizes(?) and then was treated like sex object, and then her hierophants  declared her a "goddess" and must have Naruto as their offering of worship to her. You don't actually hear too often on WHY she and Naruto make a good couple do you? You just hear Hinata deserves Naruto she always loved him :zaru:

Plus a lot of westerners and otaku's in Japan probably have some sort of PTSD of how they friend zoned and rejected by their crushes and want to see it succeed vicariously with fictional characters. Well Hinata's biggest fappers on YouTube admit it at least, like Sawyer7mage and forneverworld

Sakura flipflopped on her opinion of Naruto. Like yes, right at the beginning he annoyed her, but I didn't see that always.

#2039 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 05:51 PM

I know that, you know that, everyone here knows that, but Sakura haters and Hinata worshipers are not exactly rational, are they? :shrug:

Edited by Phantom_999, 07 April 2018 - 09:01 PM.

#2040 griff142

griff142

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 06:27 PM

That is the nice way of saying they are absolutely INSANE because of the nonsense they say. This is the only fandom I can both laugh at and become infuriated at the same time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users