76 replies to this topic

#61 gamma

gamma

夢のような ☁

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:31 AM

The shipping war was pretty bad back then its pretty similar to the naruto shipping war. the kataang fandom was the minority while zutara was majority part of the fanbase.

Oh yeah I see the similarities now LOL

Again I didn't mind Kataang (because it was mostly expected), and I would have felt the same way if Katara did end up with Zuko too (that would have been pretty symbolic now that I think of it. Maybe that's why so many people like it haha).

Idk the romance felt extra for me overall, but it was welcomed nonetheless. So I'm pretty neutral and open-minded about it. I gravitated more towards Sokka & Katara's brother-sister bond and Zuko & Iroh's bond though! They're both such a funny pair, love them :^)

Edited by gamma, 16 August 2017 - 03:32 AM.

#62 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 04:21 AM

Oh yeah I see the similarities now LOL

Again I didn't mind Kataang (because it was mostly expected), and I would have felt the same way if Katara did end up with Zuko too (that would have been pretty symbolic now that I think of it. Maybe that's why so many people like it haha).

Idk the romance felt extra for me overall, but it was welcomed nonetheless. So I'm pretty neutral, but open-minded about it. I gravitated more towards Sokka & Katara's brother-sister bond and Zuko & Iroh's bond though! They're both such a funny pair, love them :^)

most fans shipped them cuz at the time they had the loss of thir mothers in common plus some fans use red and blue as a sign

tumblr_inline_o0t4b3AHI71txjvtf_500.gif

#63 Wubbzy

Wubbzy

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Music, reading, writing, and dancing

Posted 06 August 2017 - 09:00 PM

Okay, honestly, I didn't care for katara/Aang or Katara/Zuko. 

The only pairing I ever really liked was Aang/Toph. xD 

However, I didn't understand why there were people who expected Katara and Zuko together, honestly. I liked neither, but it was easy to see that there were a LOT of hints for Katara and Aang. That's why I wasn't surprised nor mad about the end pairings. They had ample development and lots of hints to guess that that was going to be end game. 

NaruSaku <3

~

Fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/~wubbzy

~

#64 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts
  • Interests:Games, Anime, OUAT....stuff I can't remember...and music!

Posted 07 August 2017 - 10:43 PM

Okay, honestly, I didn't care for katara/Aang or Katara/Zuko. 

The only pairing I ever really liked was Aang/Toph. xD 

However, I didn't understand why there were people who expected Katara and Zuko together, honestly. I liked neither, but it was easy to see that there were a LOT of hints for Katara and Aang. That's why I wasn't surprised nor mad about the end pairings. They had ample development and lots of hints to guess that that was going to be end game. 

Sameeeeee!!!!!!! (Except Aang and Toph, I just didn't care) Episode 1 kinda told me who is the pairing lol

tumblr_m8a1skcZ6M1rx8yloo1_500.jpg

Joui Four

#65 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 02:07 AM

Sameeeeee!!!!!!! (Except Aang and Toph, I just didn't care) Episode 1 kinda told me who is the pairing lol

love at first sight trope yeah lol you know comics do leave more room for character growth i enjoyed the rift with toph and her dad i also liked smoke and shadow for ursa's character arc

tumblr_inline_o0t4b3AHI71txjvtf_500.gif

#66 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 02:24 AM

love at first sight trope yeah lol you know comics do leave more room for character growth i enjoyed the rift with toph and her dad i also liked smoke and shadow for ursa's character arc

I didn't read it because once it ends in the tv, it ends for me lol

Joui Four

#67 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 08 August 2017 - 03:39 AM

It's been 9 years or so since I've watched this series. I was a teenager back then. I didn't care about ships, but I personally expected Kataang to happen. I'm personally mindblown that KataraxZuko was a thing, but at that time I haven't used the internet yet (I started using it very late). I was blissfully unaware of all the fanwars, lmfao.
Damn, I should really avoid the internet when it comes to ships. Makes everything so much easier.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#68 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 11:56 PM

It's been 9 years or so since I've watched this series. I was a teenager back then. I didn't care about ships, but I personally expected Kataang to happen. I'm personally mindblown that KataraxZuko was a thing, but at that time I haven't used the internet yet (I started using it very late). I was blissfully unaware of all the fanwars, lmfao.
Damn, I should really avoid the internet when it comes to ships. Makes everything so much easier.

I didn't about Korra shipping either, something about Avatar makes it kinda boring to ship anybody lol

Joui Four

#69 Kasimir38

Kasimir38

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Rock Lee is my hero

Posted 15 October 2017 - 10:10 AM

Am I the only one who was shipping Zutara? ; ^^ (and still do lol)

Kind of embarrassed to admit since there is so much hate for this ship. But I don't care who she ended up with anyway, so it's chill.

Katara and Zuko had several love interests during the series so it's no wonder they had some moments together. I always preferred them over Kataang since they both were a bit more mature, shipping Aang with someone felt wrong because ...idk,? :ohmy:

But I was very touched by the ending :umm:

This Text was constructed automatically by EKton, the personal WEB - Robot.

- The artificial intelligence programme allows EKton to see your browsing history without judging. (Read bottom)  - It also analyzed post - data and came to the conclusion that NaruSaku is the most logical ship. Full report: NArUSA&%KU.;;;yDAta[Analysis];L=100%EKtonEKtonEKton

By shipping NaruHina you agree to our Terms and Conditions. These include being judged by EKton.

#70 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 04:53 AM

Kind of embarrassed to admit since there is so much hate for this ship. But I don't care who she ended up with anyway, so it's chill.
Katara and Zuko had several love interests during the series so it's no wonder they had some moments together. I always preferred them over Kataang since they both were a bit more mature, shipping Aang with someone felt wrong because ...idk,? :ohmy:

Zutara is VERY popular, so its ok lol

I just felt Aang and Katara was the ship they wanted, so I rolled with it, never got invested in the ships.

Joui Four

#71 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 05:46 AM

I don't really think Kataang was forced since they had actual development. [b]And about Katara and Jet... [/bThat was more like a crush for me, 'cause he was the "cool guy".

You mean lime Sakura and Sasuke? *gasp* YOU DON'T SAY, am I right?

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#72 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 05:49 PM

yeah.....I used to be a big kataanger shipper but these days im starting to have different opinions on it. 

http://araeph.tumblr.com/

Check out some post this person made regarding the critical flaws that kataang and maiko have. 

Im sad that every ship i love ends in disappointment  and crushed in the end my first opt got crushed and 2nd opt pokes shipping never got resolved and pokemon will go on forever and narusaku along with the individual characters got completely ruined.  I no longer trust creators/writers anymore.  :mellow:

Edited by rikakim94, 27 October 2017 - 01:25 AM.

#73 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 02:32 PM

yeah.....I used to be a big kataanger shipper but these days im starting to have different opinions on it. 

http://araeph.tumblr.com/

Check out some post this person made regarding the critical flaws that kataang and maiko have. 

Im sad that every ship i love ends in disappointment  and crushed in the end my first opt got crushed and 2nd opt pokes shipping never got resolved and pokemon will go on forever and narusaku along with the individual characters got completely ruined.  I no longer trust creators/writers anymore.  :mellow:

Wow - great post at the top about Suki and Sokka. Yay for mutual attraction and maturely talking about feelings and validating each other.  

#74 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 04:07 PM

There is sooo much good analysis on tumblr about zutara and kataang. The fandom was awesome and I wish I was there in 2007. :O Kataang folks make good points at times, but the issue of consent(especially during the ember island players) is undeniable imo.

The reason I got into NS was because it wasn't the typical guy-gets-dreamgirl story, since it delved so deeply into Sakura's heart and becoming his love interest wasn't just Naruto's 'goal' but her journey as well. I've drawn comparisons between the two ships in the past but NS beats them in what I consider most important.

ナルサク

#75 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 19 November 2017 - 07:58 AM

The Katang vs Zutara wars at their peak weren't quite as bad as the NS/NH/SS wars are now(or even before the end pairings were confirmed for Naruto); I've certainly never heard of a case where Zutarains/Kataangers threatened violence over their shipping. And after Kataang was officially canonized, Zutarians seem to have mellowed down.  

As for Kataang, despite some of the hiccups in the latter part of S3, I love it.   I think of them as a good representation of how to develop a relationship within an animated cartoon for kids.  And I don't personally agree with this assertion that Katara and Aang offer nothing towards one another emotionally.  Aang encourages Katara's inner child to peek out once in a while so that she can alleviate herself from the pressure of the self-appointed role as the responsible "mother".  Meanwhile, Katara's demeanor allows Aang temper his hyperactive nature and take things more seriously and be more realistic when necessary.  Aang's mellow and passive temperament also seemed even out Katara's natural obstinance and hot-headed personality.

Edited by Kagomaru, 19 November 2017 - 05:04 PM.

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#76 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 19 November 2017 - 08:05 AM

most fans shipped them cuz at the time they had the loss of thir mothers in common plus some fans use red and blue as a sign

Don't forget about the age gap argument that was always used against Kataang.  God, how I loathed that avenue of debate because it was such kitten when you realize that Zutara had the same issue.

Edited by Kagomaru, 19 November 2017 - 08:09 AM.

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#77 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 09:08 AM

Wow - great post at the top about Suki and Sokka. Yay for mutual attraction and maturely talking about feelings and validating each other.  

Yeah, I love stuff like that too, Tricks ^_^ It always is validating in the end!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users