Close
Photo

The matrix franchise might get a prequel or sequel.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:51 AM

http://www.latino-re...rilogy-horizon/

http://uproxx.com/ga...requel-trilogy/

What are your thoughts on this? is it a yay or nay?

Personality i think a sequel would be find if its going to be about the machines and human making peace once and for all. Rather than having whole "The one" cycle going on forever in order to maintain balance between the humans and machine. In revolution the peace that neo created didn't even lasted that long, thats what i found out in the canon video game story line that continues after the events of revolution.

As for the possible prequel i would like that idea much more than the sequal because in the first matrix film. Morpheus mentioned about a guy who managed to break free from the matrix without using the red pill. He's the first person to rebel against the machines. I would like to see how and what made  that character rebel against the machine i think it would be interesting.

Edited by rikakim94, 23 July 2014 - 12:35 PM.

#2 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:11 PM

While I agree that a sequel would be okay, I just can't get behind a prequel. Maybe this decision comes on the heals of the success of the second Planet of the Apes prequels. If it was a prequel... it'd basically be Terminator with a dash of the inevitability of Terminator 3 tossed in, and that didn't go over so well. A sequel to tie up loose ends would be nice, and like you said I definitely don't want an endless cycle of the one story. 

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#3 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:01 PM

No more sequels, reboots, remakes or prequels pls hollywood bby :c

JLHza2T.png

#4 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:56 PM

Well the prequel was already pretty well shown in the Animatrix.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#5 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:49 PM

No.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#6 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:55 AM

While I agree that a sequel would be okay, I just can't get behind a prequel. Maybe this decision comes on the heals of the success of the second Planet of the Apes prequels. If it was a prequel... it'd basically be Terminator with a dash of the inevitability of Terminator 3 tossed in, and that didn't go over so well. A sequel to tie up loose ends would be nice, and like you said I definitely don't want an endless cycle of the one story. 

The endless one cycle did bother me its kinda like naruto with the whole endless cycle of the whole reincarnated brothers. In my opinion i think the whole destiny driven plots feels cheap and typical. Why not have something that ends the conflict of certain issues that has nothing to do with you being" the one" or its only up to "the one" to decide how to end a certain conflict.

#7 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:04 AM

Well the prequel was already pretty well shown in the Animatrix.

I already know why the whole machine and human conflict began and what lead to the creation of the matrix because the animatrix has shown that, but i would also like to know when did the humans started to rebel against the machines. I know that the first "the one" rebelled aganist the machine and managed to break away from the matrix without the red pill. I wonder what lead him to become the one and how he freed from the matrix without help I wouldn't mind seeing that story unfold on the big screen.

Edited by rikakim94, 25 July 2014 - 04:05 AM.

#8 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:43 AM

I already know why the whole machine and human conflict began and what lead to the creation of the matrix because the animatrix has shown that, but i would also like to know when did the humans started to rebel against the machines. I know that the first "the one" rebelled aganist the machine and managed to break away from the matrix without the red pill. I wonder what lead him to become the one and how he freed from the matrix without help I wouldn't mind seeing that story unfold on the big screen.

That's fair. The hope would just be that the filmmakers could make it compelling and not make it feel like simple exposition or a messy build up like the prequels.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users