#1 Diadochi

Diadochi

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 92 posts
  • Interests:History, manga, anime, fitness

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:12 PM

I'll get straight to the point. Even though I support NaruSaku with everything I have, I really don't see Naruto & Sakura getting together anymore by the manga's end. Now here me out. The reasons for why I've come to this conclusion is because of the way Kishi has been developing the other pairings (mostly NauHina) - which I don't like. Now, as a NaruSaku fan, many questions NEED to be asked. One of them being: if Naruto gets with Sakura by the manga's end, where will that leave Hinata? Now a lot of you may say (including me), who gives a kitten about Hinata... well Kishi does. Hinata's entire character-scheme mostly revolves around Naruto. Without Naruto, there would be no Hinata and that is fact. When she's first introduced into the story, its revealed she has a crush on Naruto but that Naruto is too dumb to notice her affections. Then, what becomes her primary motivation to become stronger? Obviously Naruto. Not only that, but Naruto is pretty much heavily affiliated with the Hyuga Clan now. When he beat Neji back in the Chunin Exams, he said he would change the Hyuga when he became Hokage and, when Neji died, he was told to always remember that he now not only holds his own life in his hands, but Hinata's as well. Not to mention Kishi also drew the 64th volume cover with Hinata and Naruto holding hands but didn't bother to draw the 69th volume cover with a NaruSaku Moment (preferably Sakura's CPR), which the volume was filled with, unlike NaruHina's one moment in volume 64. 

The other reason for why I now think NaruSaku won't happen anymore is because I believe Kishi wants his three main-characters to achieve their original goals that they had at the beginning of the series: Naruto wanted to be acknowledged and become Hokage (pretty much 99.9% complete), Sasuke wanted to kill Itachi (completed it and then some), and Sakura basically wanted to be with Sasuke. Now many of us got hyped when Kakashi said that Sakura's feelings for Sasuke had changed, but the more I think about it, I think he meant her feelings for Sasuke changed from a typical school girl crush to a more mature one where she'll give everything she has just to see the darkness within Sasuke disappear. Now this leads me to my next point:

I know A LOT of people hate Sasuke... like a lot of people, but he is my favorite character and because so, I know the way he thinks and I know the way he acts (see my reasons for why he's a sociopath - http://www.reddit.co...ciopath_sasuke/. And because I know him so well, that little SasuSaku moment at the end of last weeks chapter absolutely does not represent Sasuke's undying love for Sakura. The way he was gazing into Sakura's eyes told me that he now feels like kitten for the way he's been treating her up until now and that he's grateful that she saved him. Now, the next chapter is CRUCIAL for every single paring within this series. Whatever Sasuke does at the beginning of chapter 686 will undoubtedly have an influence on which pairing becomes canon or not. If Sasuke has a flashback on all the times that Sakura tried to "save" him then he'll most likely say something around the lines of: "You never gave up on me". And depending on Sakura's reaction, it could very well be the end or the beginning of NaruSaku.

Gtu9I59.jpg

ALEXANDER III of MACEDON

(356-323 B.C.E)

#2 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:31 PM

No.

Again Kishi already made it perfectly clear by 469 that Sakura chose Naruto over Sasuke (though still has feelings for Sasuke that dwindle and eventually disappeared) 675 her love did not evolve from a school girl crush, her feelings for him have become platonic we have several translators on this site to verify that (atleast two who are from Japan) and its pretty unanimous even among the ones who don't really care about which pairing happens.

Also Kishi really couldn't have been more clear with 504/631/663 

Then there's the fact that Naruto still needs to TNJ Sasuke after their final battle (which is confirmed by both Kishi and Sasuke himself)

Edited by Pepsi, 20 July 2014 - 07:32 PM.

eh10ut.jpg

#3 narusaku256

narusaku256

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,974 posts
  • Interests:Everything :D

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:32 PM

Just a couple of questions: What about Naruto who loves Sakura by all his heart?

Setting him up with Hinata....won't it mean he failed where others failed as well? Jiraiya and Obito?

Question 2: If Sakura chooses Sasuke, what message does it give? More importantly, what does it make Sakura?

Question 3: Even if SS does happen, what about Sakura after marriage. Now, as faaaaaaaaaaarrrrrr as I know Sakura, the things which she expects from her better half is exactly the opposite of Sasuke's character. What about Sakura then?

I can agree with you to a point that Sasuke may have regretted what he did to Sakura. But I want to ask you one thing. If you call me useless, piece of kitten, kitten and what not and in the future if I am the one who saves you from the crisis you are in, won't you feel the same? Won't you feel like kitten as well? It works this way....

Besides, what happened to the things Sasuke did to her in the past? Did they just get 'erased' off? What about Naruto always being there for her? What about every development NS had in the past 10 years?

Kakashi's words....officially spelt the closure of SS. Sakura not trusting Sasuke combined woth the fact that she sees him in negative line and both these lines coupled with Kakashi's words...do they give us the impression that Sakura's love has matured?

A simple question: What's the use of being with someone wherein the other one shows no interest in you and you are the only one?

Ironically, Naruto is the only one who can handle all of Sakura's expectations and Sakura's the only one who meshes well with Naruto's personality. There are countless points I can put up in here....but here it is 10 years of development we are talking about...so yeah! You get me!

Edited by narusaku256, 20 July 2014 - 07:34 PM.

tumblr_nokgzxLJ4A1ts94lmo1_500.gif

#4 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:37 PM

There's a kitten storm brewing.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#5 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:49 PM

we must to say that the dreams of all and three were very selfish and childish at the beginning... Naruto didn't have any idea how a true hokage must be, Sakura just had a childish crush for the classic cool boy, Sasuke just want to kill his brother, even without to understan why he did that horrible action.

Besides, imho, the real development of Hinata isn't taking Naruto but growing and become a true leader of her clan, especially now that Neji isn't between alive people anymore.

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#6 ns.Believe.It

ns.Believe.It

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts
  • Interests:Coding, Long walks, Driving.
    Arsenal FC.

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:51 PM

So you're an NS fan claiming NS not happening as ' Inevitable' ?  And all your arguments are the ones that we have seen NH and SS shippers  use, A LOT...hmm..Something doesn't quite add up.

Anyway, there is this lovely compilation of manga pages 'The NaruSaku Buildup' in this website. I suggest you

read it.

Edited by ns.Believe.It, 20 July 2014 - 08:30 PM.

tumblr_mzzew0nSyr1t3jjq1o1_500.gif

'No matter what I do, I guess Happiness is a feeling that I'll never experience'

#7 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, anime & manga, animals, dog training & behavior

"If I stumble, take a tumble
    Go ahead serve me another
    And if I fall I’ll give it my all
    ‘Cause the fall is half the fight "

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:59 PM

I feel differently, but to be fair everything is just a theory until it actually comes to pass in the manga.

I'll be a bit bummed if NS doesn't happen, but I'll still read the manga. I'm not reading/watching Naruto just for the pairings. :smile:

tumblr_inline_nt19in1cWl1sat1vz_540_zpsd
"Don't ever turn me loose
Even when I turn my back"
~Relient K

#8 Swagkura

Swagkura

真夜中の太陽

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts
  • Interests:KakaSaku & NaruSaku

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:10 PM

I'm sorry, but there is no way Sasusaku or Naruhina is going to happen, especially Sasusaku. Yeah, Hinata's whole character does revolve around Naruto, but that's more of a hindrance than a good thing. I really don't get it when people ask what's gonna happen to Hinata if she's not able to get with Naruto. It's not like she's gonna kill herself over it. Maybe she'll try to move on, and grow into a stronger ninja so she'll be able to lead her clan. That would be the most proper development for her character.

Forcing Naruto to be with her wouldn't be fine either. That's pretty much just choosing Hinata as a 2nd place medal, because he couldn't get with the one girl that he really loves. Sasusaku would be even worse. Forcing Sakura to be with somebody who constantly belittles her, tries to kill her more than once, and would have left her for dead if she wasn't in the general vicinity of another individual would completely destroy her character.

And finally, I'm pretty sure Sakura has grown out of that silly goal that she wanted in part 1. She's not that same little fan girl that used to be completely enamored by Sasuke. She's matured far from that stage. All of the things that Naruto has done for Sakura, and all of the things she has done for him, would be completely wasted if any of those two pairings happened.
tumblr_o2ymbkICMv1ttuk3wo3_500.gif

#9 Elicit

Elicit

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • Interests:Mainly Video Games (mostly RPGs/Platformers/retro stuff), Music, Anime/Manga, Debating

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:07 PM

Karin's whole character revolves around Sasuke. Literally the whole point of her character is to lust over him and follow him around, but at times her feelings get treated seriously. She doesn't even have a back story, or anything that doesn't have to do with Sasuke. Is she going to be with Sasuke? Not necessarily. So why would Hinata get what she wants?

As for Kishi wanting everyone in team 7 to achieve their goals. that's just some kitten that people try to make up. Sakura no longer feels the same romantic feelings towards Sasuke, and nowhere was it shown or implied in Part 2 that she wants him back so she can achieve that goal.SS died in 675 when Kakashi said that her feelings have changed, but since there is no general consensus to what Kakashi meant by his words, people get too worried about what the other fandom thinks, which is what you seem to be doing. 

#10 Branden

Branden

The man who's going to save the world.

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:14 PM

See now what you're not understanding is that every major pairing has legitimate proof as to why they will be the final pairing. You can't just pick one and say "here's proof" and ignore the others. You have to look at every pairing and the proof for it and determine by yourself which one you think is most likely to occur.

What you've done here is got worried that other pairings have proof instead of thinking about all the proof NaruSaku already has. A pairing wouldn't be considered major if there was no significant proof of it's validity. If you compare the evidence for NaruSaku against the evidence of pairings that conflict with NaruSaku and still think that NaruSaku won't happen then that's your own interpretation and it's your right to have it. Just the same, it's my right to tell you that that particular interpretation is very short sighted and ignores character developments/hints that support NaruSaku.

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

"This hat means a lot to me. Promise me you'll give it back someday...

when you've become a great pirate." -Shanks

#11 redrose3443

redrose3443

Minato's kidnapper >:D

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,961 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, Music, chocolate, and Fanfiction.

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:14 PM

SO I notice you only made one post and was a member for about two hours before signing off. I can't take you being a NS fan seriously by this notion, especially with the fact that you can't see NS as a possibility, even after Kakashi stated Sakura's feelings have changed, Kishi went through the trouble to confirm the Saku/Kushi parallel, and that he showed us, Naruto still had feelings for Sakura.

Hinata can work on becoming a clan leader and actually develop from Naruto. Sasuke's entire character has never been about romance and there is no real reason why he should love Sakura at all, by this point. Naruto's whole character is about never giving up, so him giving up on Sakura is a contradiction. If Sakura was suppose to end up with Sasuke, why have her doubt her feelings for him? Why did kishi give NS so much development, moments, and parallels?

Looking at the manga as a whole, NH and SS make no sense, have little to no build up, and would send the wrong message to it's readers.

If you don't think NS can happen, that's on you, but in truth this should have been in the NS debate thread and not made into it's own.

Edited by redrose3443, 20 July 2014 - 09:18 PM.

minato_by_kyutenzuken-d7bt4gj.gif

He's mine, don't touch.

#12 narusaku256

narusaku256

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,974 posts
  • Interests:Everything :D

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:21 PM

SO I notice you only made one post and was a member for about two hours before signing off. I can't take you being a NS fan seriously by this notion, especially with the fact that you can't see NS as a possibility, even after Kakashi stated Sakura's feelings have changed, Kishi went through the trouble to confirm the Saku/Kushi parallel, and that he showed us, Naruto still had feelings for Sakura.

Hinata can work on becoming a clan leader and actually develop from Naruto. Sasuke's entire character has never been about romance and there is no real reason why he should love Sakura at all, by this point. Naruto's whole character is about never giving up, so him giving up on Sakura is a contradiction. If Sakura was suppose to end up with Sasuke, why have her doubt her feelings for him? Why did kishi give NS so much development, moments, and parallels?

Looking at the manga as a whole, NH and SS make no sense, have little to no build up, and would send the wrong message to it's readers.

If you don't think NS can happen, that's on you, but in truth this should have been in the NS debate thread and not made into it's own.

This was so direct! XD...the first line you stated....I had the same thought as well!

tumblr_nokgzxLJ4A1ts94lmo1_500.gif

#13 Sedna

Sedna

Nostalgic

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts
  • Interests:Birds.

Posted 20 July 2014 - 11:04 PM

I've said this many times. NS has the most development in the whole series! NH has slight development, but not alot. SS just makes no sense at all. Ever since chapter 3, NS became the most likely. NH is still painfully one sided. SS has no sense at all. For all we know, Naruto could end with no pairings. But as of now, the obvious pairing is NS.

#14 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 11:25 PM

OK. You don't think NS is gonna happen. Fine by me. :shrug:

also you look like an anti fan in disguise, sorry. :lmao:Did you make this to convince anyone to turn sides? like..

At_Last_I_See_the_Light.gif

(also we have a whole thread about what might happen with Hinata.)

ナルサク

#15 Sojobo

Sojobo

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 11:59 PM

Why just simply waiting one pairing to be canon before talking about "truth" or anything else?

#16 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 12:02 AM

Why just simply waiting one pairing to be canon before talking about "truth" or anything else?

I really loved the title actually. :lmao:

so dramatic

like a newsarticle

ナルサク

#17 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 12:22 AM

Dude...I can tell your a NaruHina fan. You've posted this one time, were on for just a couple of hours or maybe a little less before signing off, I've seen the same arguments coming from NH and SS fans all over Youtube....yeah, it's not rocket science.

If NaruSaku wasn't supposed to happen, then why would practically 80% of Shippuden have happened? There are too many things to list that give perfect examples of why NS will happen. I suggest looking up Slextrem's 'NaruSaku The Buildup Thread'

Edited by Night Hawk, 21 July 2014 - 12:24 AM.

#18 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 12:29 AM

Hey guys. Don't jump on the guy. I would say that, yes. More than likely he is a troll, but we don't know for sure. What if he just wants some nice new friends here to help him change his mind? We don't know for sure. We all know that his reasoning for why NaruSaku won't happen isn't making sense, so sure you can prove him wrong (It isn't that hard because we have 100x as many moments as the other two main ships combined, so just pick one or two of them), but don't assume that he is trying to be rude to us 100% yet. He might of posted that and then got busy. We don't know.

Edited by FoolishYoungling , 21 July 2014 - 12:31 AM.

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#19 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 12:30 AM

I stopped reading here
"because of the way Kishi has been developing the other pairings (mostly NauHina)"
There's no pairings being developed on this arc really.
We have seen at some extent stuff being related to Sakura regarding her "feelings" for Sasuke although it's not very clear on which direction is going to lead, the conclusion goes to NaruSAku but the risk of having an open ending is huge since he's now going to build drama on this story and is not going to resolve this any time soon.
The preference of the author on the scenarion of a happy reunited team 7 is big factor on this.

I strongly disagree with your opinion saying he's developing other pairings because it's not.

Again Kishi already made it perfectly clear by 469 that Sakura chose Naruto over Sasuke

Disagree with you, 469 i see nothing other than Sakura giving a silver medal to Naruto saying she doesnt like Sasuke anymore because he's a criminal then later shows how much she still loves him.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 21 July 2014 - 12:38 AM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#20 nikki1314

nikki1314

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts
  • Interests:NARUSAKU , FANFICS , NARUSAK.. oh ive said that.. MUSIC , Photography and NARUSAKU!

Posted 21 July 2014 - 12:40 AM

It's like one of those tabloids with very catchy Headlines, with bad content in it . lol

-Naruto ending gets released- 

Kishi: Honey, I’m home! 

His wife:

tumblr_inline_nw89a6rhAY1smwzjq_500.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users