WINTER CONTEST - Winners Announced!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
42 replies to this topic

#1 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:00 PM

We are proud to announce the Heaven & Earth NaruSaku Winter Fanart/Fanfic Contest!

This time, we have 12 wintry prompts for you to choose from:

The Prompts
  • Mistletoe
  • Winter Solstice
  • Decorations
  • Gifts
  • Party
  • Snowman
  • Northern Lights/Aurora Borealis
  • Scarf
  • Secret Santa
  • New Year's Resolution
  • Log Fire
  • Cocoa

Your fanart/fanfic can be set either in the normal Naruto universe, or in an Alternate Universe (AU), and it must star Naruto and Sakura.

The Rules
  • All submissions must contain at least one of the prompts listed above, and must show both Naruto and Sakura.
  • Multiple submissions are allowed - either in multiple categories or multiple entries in one category.
  • No submissions with mature content (i.e. material of an explicit sexual and/or violent nature) will be permitted.
  • All submissions MUST be your own work. This also means that you cannot use art from the manga or anime as part of your submission.

Fanart can be submitted to the Winter Contest category in the Gallery.

Fanfiction can be submitted to the Winter Contest category in the Library.
To submit a story, simply click "Account Info" on the top menu, and you will get a new menu on which you can select "Add New Story". You can either use the built-in text editor or upload your story.

EXTENDED DEADLINE: The deadline for entries is 11:59pm GMT on Sunday the 10th of February 2013.

After that, we will hold a vote by PM during the following week, ending at 11:59pm on Sunday the 17th of February 2013.

The Prizes (for each category):
  • 2 months of Crunchyroll Anime or Drama Membership! This allows you to watch with no ads and use HD feeds.
  • 2 volumes of the Naruto manga of your choice!
  • A forum special, with perks such as a larger avatar, bigger PM inbox, bigger attachment allowance, and a shiny little star!

The winner of each category gets the first pick of the prizes, the runner-up gets the second pick, and third place gets what's left. Anyone under 18 years old must provide proof of parental consent for us to ship a prize to them.

Good luck, everyone. smile.gif

#2 jworks

jworks

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:40 PM

YOSHI!!!

narusakuct7.gif

#3 narulsaku

narulsaku

FALLEN ANGEL

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts
  • Interests:playing vedio games , readin' mangas , books ,singing , drawing , and also listing music , hang arround with friends , cricket, football, and also table tennise,eating
    I love multipllayer games like dog fight , tanki online.
    ect....

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:06 AM

wow good luck guys. you ll need it. and man what the heck i cant take part. cause i am not 18 and my parents will never allow me also exam. well i ll come here on the new years day . and wait to see some good arts and fics.

god is sweet.......
courage,,,,,,,,,,,
doesn't always roar.............
sometimescourage is quite voice at the
end of the day saying,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
'll try again tomorrow"

#4 Branden

Branden

The man who's going to save the world.

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:30 AM

QUOTE (narulsaku @ Dec 17 2012, 06:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wow good luck guys. you ll need it. and man what the heck i cant take part. cause i am not 18 and my parents will never allow me also exam. well i ll come here on the new years day . and wait to see some good arts and fics.

I'm pretty sure you only need to be 18 to ship the manga volumes.

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

"This hat means a lot to me. Promise me you'll give it back someday...

when you've become a great pirate." -Shanks

#5 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:45 AM

I have a very interesting idea. I think I'll submit one this year.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#6 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:16 AM

Should be a fun topic to write on. cool.gif
75b28593-b271-4fcc-ab30-b8457d3f9708_zps

#7 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:23 AM

Sweet, I'll definitely enter again so I can get some NaruSaku feels going again. wink.gif

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#8 NaruDeeds

NaruDeeds

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:04 PM

I used an excess of vacation time that I've been ignoring all year to give myself a two week long grownup Christmas break. So even though I'm currently working on the final sequel to All I Want for Christmas, I have an idea which should work out for this contest =)

#9 swagosaurus

swagosaurus

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:03 PM

I'm going to see if I can travel out of my ironic comfort zone of angst and sadness and see if I can write some good ol' fluff and humor.

I'm Swag. I'm a seventeen year old Canadian that hates everything.

#10 reagan48

reagan48

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:08 AM

YESSSSS!!!! Will be entering a few pics then smile.gif

Been waiting for another fanart doohickey lol

Alrighty, I've submitted another fanart!

I did have a question though. I had an idea for a super short, four-paneled doujinshi regarding the mistletoe - would this be acceptable?

Edited by reagan48, 14 January 2013 - 01:35 AM.

"Naruto... You saved Konoha... And now you're trying to save the entire shinobi world... You always get left with these insurmountable tasks... But no matter what you say this time, we're going to be together..."

#11 NaruDeeds

NaruDeeds

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:17 AM

Whew! That when went out quickly! I added my submission titled, "Secret Santa" to the library and ff.net (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8813030/1/)

#12 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:02 PM

QUOTE (NaruDeeds @ Dec 20 2012, 07:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whew! That when went out quickly! I added my submission titled, "Secret Santa" to the library and ff.net (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8813030/1/)

Thanks, I enjoyed your one-shot! biggrin.gif

Looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with. smile.gif

#13 ahmadaziz

ahmadaziz

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

Can anybody please tell me where can I view the submissions properly. I saw celious's submission but I couldn't open that either (error says no permission huh.gif ). I am new here so will highly appreciate any help rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (NaruDeeds @ Dec 20 2012, 12:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your fanfic was awesome/amazing... really loved it... do you have others ???? Really eager to see what else you have got.

Edited by Smiter, 30 December 2012 - 10:34 AM.

#14 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:38 AM

QUOTE (M.A.A @ Dec 29 2012, 05:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can anybody please tell me where can I view the submissions properly. I saw celious's submission but I couldn't open that either (error says no permission huh.gif ). I am new here so will highly appreciate any help rolleyes.gif

Your fanfic was awesome/amazing... really loved it... do you have others ???? Really eager to see what else you have got.

Welcome! biggrin.gif

I'm not sure what you mean by celious' submission, I don't see anything in the contest gallery yet.

You can find other works by NaruDeeds by clicking on his name in the Library. smile.gif Here you go - NaruDeed's Other Works.

Lastly, please don't double-post. If you would like to add something before anyone has replied to your post, please edit your post. Thanks. happy.gif

#15 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, eating, and sleeping =]

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

Here's a little winter cheer! I added an entry to the Gallery biggrin.gif

Fanfiction.net C2: Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#16 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

Awesome! Thank you for the fanart entries, Onion and Reagan! biggrin.gif

Two weeks left before the deadline, so get drawing and writing!

I know recent events have hit enthusiasm for this contest, but sometimes a bit of NaruSaku is just what we need to pick ourselves up again. wink.gif

narusaku.gif

#17 Gammy Das

Gammy Das

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:25 PM

Okay, I added a story. I'm still seriously new to the site and all, but ah well, feels good to be a part of the NaruSaku family! biggrin.gif

[http://www.fanfictio...e-Winter-Party]

Because facts are facts... :D

#18 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Dec 17 2012, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The winner of each category gets the first pick of the prizes, the runner-up gets the second pick, and third place gets what's left. Anyone under 18 years old must provide proof of parental consent for us to ship a prize to them.

How do I do this? :3 Do I send a mail? If my parents won't allow me to enter, is there still a chance I'll get the forum special? smile.gif Thank you Smiter-san ^^

ナルサク

#19 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:00 AM

The age limit is only for the physical prize as parents may be understandably concerned about giving an address away to somebody on the internet. So yes, the forum prizes are fine without parental consent.

#20 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

I have now extended the deadline for entries to 11:59pm GMT on Sunday the 10th of February.

This is due to the lack of entries, at least partly caused by the drama surrounding Chapter 615. Now that everything seems to be going back to normal, hopefully everyone is feeling good enough to submit a fanfic or fanart! biggrin.gif

Thank you to everyone who entered so far, and I hope to see more people submitting. smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users