Close
Photo

Russian Boy commits suicide after Itachi Uchiha was killed.

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:you

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:58 PM

I suspect that there was a background reason for him committing suicide, to be honest. Like, a situation making him so miserable that the death of his favorite character pushed him over the edge. Poor guy sad.gif

eileenbeautifulswan_zps46b60759.gif

#22 jworks

jworks

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:39 AM

It simply astonishes me that every person to post so far is so blatantly ignorant of what has actually happened here. No one has committed suicide because Itachi was killed off. A person killed himself because he was so overwhelmingly and intensely feeling things that death made itself the only thing left to do for this person. A person brimming with unstable mental health, confused and desperate, looked for something to hold onto and believe. The fact that he was so attached and occupied with a fictional work such as this is just proof of an emotional, chemical, and mental imbalance.

Anyone who has truly experienced being suicidal can tell you there is no logic in it. It's not a logical decision to kill yourself. You simply become overwhelmingly compelled. In fact, every logical inch of you is telling you to not, to keep living. But sometimes the logic is overpowered before the person can get help.

#23 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:46 AM

QUOTE (jworks @ Nov 2 2012, 07:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It simply astonishes me that every person to post so far is so blatantly ignorant of what has actually happened here. No one has committed suicide because Itachi was killed off. A person killed himself because he was so overwhelmingly and intensely feeling things that death made itself the only thing left to do for this person. A person brimming with unstable mental health, confused and desperate, looked for something to hold onto and believe. The fact that he was so attached and occupied with a fictional work such as this is just proof of an emotional, chemical, and mental imbalance.

Anyone who has truly experienced being suicidal can tell you there is no logic in it. It's not a logical decision to kill yourself. You simply become overwhelmingly compelled. In fact, every logical inch of you is telling you to not, to keep living. But sometimes the logic is overpowered before the person can get help.

I guess I didn't get it across very well, but I was actually trying to suggest what you're saying. I can assure you that I'm not ignorant about what it's like to be suicidal.

#24 jworks

jworks

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:57 AM

Yeah I guess I was a little quick on the draw with that one.

#25 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:04 AM

QUOTE (jworks @ Nov 2 2012, 04:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What? It's a fictional character. I don't care what supposed under lying "reason" is, you don't off your own life because a fictional character bites the dust. You know what I did when my character bites the dust? I stopped watching. When Kamina died in Gurren Lagann I stopped watching the show all together.

You call us ignorant because we didn't realize the full nature of the problem? This kid was ignorant for ending his life over something so stupid that didn't even matter really. I had a friend who lost his mother in a car accident and he wanted to commit suicide because he loved his mother very much. She was the only person in his life that meant the world to him. That is where your logic should be applied to, not this.

It was not even known if the kid had mental problems. If he did, why didn't the parents get help?

Suicide is wrong either way, but I do feel there are more reasonable reasons for why someone would be suicidal. As far as this kid was shown, he wasn't even depressed his whole life. I can understand attachment to a character, but when you get so attached to a character that you neglect fiction from reality then that is where something is wrong.

"It wasn't because Itachi died." You know, I think for once instead of just diving into a psychological reason on why this person died for no other reason than "emotional attachment" why just look at it for what it is? We all have emotional attachment to something in some way, but I am not going to commit suicide because my car died.

I think this is an insult to people who do go through harsh troubles in their life. Real problems.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 03 November 2012 - 04:08 AM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#26 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:35 AM

Like I said, we're only assuming that the real reason he killed himself was because of Itachi. We can't "look at it for what it is" because we probably don't even know what it is. I personally think it's in bad taste to say that someone killed themselves for the wrong reasons, you know?

Edited by KonaKonaFan, 03 November 2012 - 04:39 AM.

#27 jworks

jworks

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:04 AM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Nov 2 2012, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What? It's a fictional character. I don't care what supposed under lying "reason" is, you don't off your own life because a fictional character bites the dust. You know what I did when my character bites the dust? I stopped watching. When Kamina died in Gurren Lagann I stopped watching the show all together.

You call us ignorant because we didn't realize the full nature of the problem? This kid was ignorant for ending his life over something so stupid that didn't even matter really. I had a friend who lost his mother in a car accident and he wanted to commit suicide because he loved his mother very much. She was the only person in his life that meant the world to him. That is where your logic should be applied to, not this.

It was not even known if the kid had mental problems. If he did, why didn't the parents get help?

Suicide is wrong either way, but I do feel there are more reasonable reasons for why someone would be suicidal. As far as this kid was shown, he wasn't even depressed his whole life. I can understand attachment to a character, but when you get so attached to a character that you neglect fiction from reality then that is where something is wrong.

"It wasn't because Itachi died." You know, I think for once instead of just diving into a psychological reason on why this person died for no other reason than "emotional attachment" why just look at it for what it is? We all have emotional attachment to something in some way, but I am not going to commit suicide because my car died.

I think this is an insult to people who do go through harsh troubles in their life. Real problems.

In all honestly I don't understand what you are trying to say.

You ended with "Real problems." The point is, to this person, who took the ultimate measure, it was a "real problem." And that is why we can assume something else was wrong, because it seems so inconsequential to the rest of us. It sounds like you agree with that.

Perhaps instead of "ignorant" i should have used "Naive." A "real problem" is only defined by the individual. Most of us would consider your friend's mother passing tragic while someone who had been abandoned by their parents might say your friend was just lucky to have a loving mother while he did.

Of course there is no justifiable reason to kill yourself. But someone who is going to kill themselves isn't exactly focused on reason and rationality.

Edited by jworks, 03 November 2012 - 05:06 AM.

#28 candycane-chan

candycane-chan

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:37 AM

I think what James was trying to say is that compared to people who lose their parents and family, the death of a fictional that never really existed is not an enough reason to drive the kid to do such a thing.

I did indeed think whether or not he had mental problems when I first read this post, but It wasn't mentioned in the article.you think they would cut off such an important detail.

The father said that he felt his kid was getting too attached to fictional characters.He didn't say ( according to the source we have) that the kid had pshychological problems or suicidel tendencies, and such an important detail wouldn't be just left out like that.

And I have a question.What background reason do you mean?He's 14 years old.He didn't get to live his life yet and the moment he goes through a problem he kills himself so this makes me think that if there was another reason he woul've killed himself before.

But you migh be right about the mental stability thing.Because he jumped from the 10th floor and that's not normal for a kid to do even in suicide.

But if did have problems then why did his parents just leave him be?why didn't they take him to an expert since they obviously didn't?How could they let him leave the house alone if he really did have problems?the article didn't say that he ran away.
Accually ,they should have tought him the difference between fiction and reality.

#29 KnS

KnS

感じの作家

• ANBU
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Writing

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:43 AM

QUOTE (jworks @ Nov 2 2012, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The point is, to this person, who took the ultimate measure, it was a "real problem." And that is why we can assume something else was wrong, because it seems so inconsequential to the rest of us.

Yes, I agree.

First of all, there aren't enough relevant facts in the ~250 words presented for readers to reach conclusions or issue confident criticism about the actions of the boy or his parents. There's no specific information about his physical or emotional condition, about the nature of his relationship with his parents, his quality of life, etc.

My initial reaction upon reading was that the boy may have been suffering the onset of undiagnosed schizophrenia. He was the right age for it, he was withdrawing ("too much time watching the TV"), he was delusional ("didn't know what was reality and what was fiction anymore"), and obviously, ultimately suicidal. Schizophrenics are at a much, much higher risk of attempting suicide than the unaffected population, due to the severe depression, paranoia, and psychosis that can accompany the disorder.

If the boy did suffer from schizophrenia, or some other pathological problem, it's entirely possible his parents were unaware. The symptoms can be difficult to identify, especially in already moody teens, and the psychotic elements can present suddenly. Considering his father was reportedly devastated upon identifying the body of his son, it's probably safe to say his parents are suffering enough guilt and loss.

Bottom line, it would be unfair and uncharitable to presume this tragedy is the result of a boy being weak-willed or irrational, or because his parents didn't raise him correctly -- particularly when the few facts presented suggest he was suffering from an organic mental condition.

Just my opinion.

#30 candycane-chan

candycane-chan

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:56 AM

/\ you have a point but even if the sighns weren't too obvious his parents should've noticed.The father said that he felt his kid was getting too much attached to fiction.see there! this is when his parents should've questioned his sanity and took him to an experet.
But yeah I'm questiong his sanity not mental stablity since it's obvious that he wasn't stable and he jumped off a buliding wich kids don't really do.
I do feel sorry about them too ,I'm sure they're devestated and guilty but what happened had happened and It's over.

#31 narulsaku

narulsaku

FALLEN ANGEL

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts
  • Interests:playing vedio games , readin' mangas , books ,singing , drawing , and also listing music , hang arround with friends , cricket, football, and also table tennise,eating
    I love multipllayer games like dog fight , tanki online.
    ect....

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:18 AM

yes exactly . only 14 years .and suside. that aint normal. there must be some another reson behind it logically.

god is sweet.......
courage,,,,,,,,,,,
doesn't always roar.............
sometimescourage is quite voice at the
end of the day saying,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
'll try again tomorrow"

#32 KnS

KnS

感じの作家

• ANBU
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Writing

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:37 AM

QUOTE (candycane-chan @ Nov 2 2012, 11:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
/\ you have a point but even if the sighns weren't too obvious his parents should've noticed.The father said that he felt his kid was getting too much attached to fiction.see there! this is when his parents should've questioned his sanity and took him to an experet.

But here's my problem with that. What if the boy's behavior had seemed normal until a month before? What if the parents thought it was just a normal teen phase? Should they have panicked and rushed their son to an "expert" immediately? What if they couldn't afford an expert's care? What if they were on a waiting list for medical attention? What if they were considering what to do, but the condition progressed so quickly they didn't have time to react before their son deteriorated and took his own life?

The point is, we don't know the facts and arm chair quarterbacking these people's decisions when all we've done is read a poorly informed article is presumptive and serves no useful purpose. It's a tragedy for the boy and his family -- and for the Naruto community, in a way -- not an opportunity for us to sit in judgment of a situation we can't fully understand.

#33 candycane-chan

candycane-chan

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:44 AM

QUOTE (KnS @ Nov 3 2012, 12:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But here's my problem with that. What if the boy's behavior had seemed normal until a month before? What if the parents thought it was just a normal teen phase? Should they have panicked and rushed their son to an "expert" immediately? What if they couldn't afford an expert's care? What if they were on a waiting list for medical attention? What if they were considering what to do, but the condition progressed so quickly they didn't have time to react before their son deteriorated and took his own life?

The point is, we don't know the facts and arm chair quarterbacking these people's decisions when all we've done is read a poorly informed article is presumptive and serves no useful purpose. It's a tragedy for the boy and his family -- and for the Naruto community, in a way -- not an opportunity for us to sit in judgment of a situation we can't fully understand.

If he really had mental problems then it probably was for a while,the time needed to get attached to fiction so much.
You're right that the parents may have not been able to afford it or were on the waiting list.
attempting suicide/suicide doesn't happen in one night,not even a month,it must have been stacking for a lot of time for a kid to do that.

It is indeed a tragedy and nobody deserves such an ending like the parents and the kid.
Sorry if sounded judgemental and rude sweatdrop.gif
I was just trieng to figure it out.I'm just really angry ,not at anyone,but becuase a life has been wasted.
This kid could have grown in to succesfull man or had a happy life later on but it's over.

#34 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:47 AM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Nov 2 2012, 08:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is that a joke? Cause if it was: poor taste, my friend.

Although, and I do apologize for this, that the Uchiha have gotten to be so bad and affected so many lives that they are starting to affect real life as well. See what happens when you let one Uchiha into your life Naruto?

Yes, I already know I am going down there. Just making sure I get the suit.t.

Y'know, I kinda hope Kishi starts really re-thinking his character's obsession with Sasuke. I feel that statement could be used as a good debating point on why Kishi really needs to stop revolving Naruto's character around Sasuke. I mean, seriously if one kid killed himself over an Uchiha, what would that make of Naruto?? an interesting question to impose on Kishi.

That said, I agree with both KnS and James' posts. Even though this is beyond stupid, it is still possible that there may be psychological problems with the kid. You can't really blame the parents though, as most teens are harder to detect their psychological behavior.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#35 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:41 AM

Well There is ALWAYS some. Don't act so surprised, cause even the best of media will always have some negative impact on someone. But what we must understand is that WILL we let such things in media/entertainment impact us this way?

Edited by Phantom_999, 13 December 2012 - 09:43 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#36 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:16 PM

Yeah, saw that as well.
I find it really...dunno how to express it, crazy maybe?
But who am I to judge?

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#37 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:49 PM

This situation is too serious that we can blame it one only 2 persons(parents), but they do live in the same house. The kid was probably bullied, or just had other traumas. His social intelligence was probably not impressive either. D: And it takes a lot to take your own life, because your brain and instinct is telling you not to. I know that very well. tongue.gif XD

ex: My little brother is 14 years old, and he watches waaay too much TV. From after school, to the night, and before school. He even adopts the characters personality. DX My parents have "given up" on us, according to my elder siblings. Fortunately, I am well aware of this. Let's see, if you're aware of your vurnerability/weakness, you can overcome it, or else you'll end up losing yourself. It is not enough to "tell the kid he watches too much TV". You need discipline and maximum hours of TV a day, or actually hang out with the kid or make him join a sport.

Edited by sushi., 14 December 2012 - 03:52 PM.

ナルサク

#38 Glenn

Glenn

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:30 AM

It's... scary how people can't differentiate between reality and fiction. I feel sad for the kid's parents and the kid himself because I don't think he was in the right state of mind.

Although I have to admit I giggled for a second looking at the article...

#39 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

Everyone should read this.

I am Adam Lanza's mother

ナルサク

#40 Strangelove

Strangelove