Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 08:32 PM

Also episode 21.

Summary time.

Episode 21: Sasuke and Sarada. Apparently they turn Sakura into a saintly martyr by accepting all the blame for the failure of SS.

Episode begin with them showing the true picture in the frame...didn't they do that three episode ago? What is this to remind the audience of it? Naruto receive Sasuke's hawk...oh this is a recap to show how events led to Sasuke pulling out his sword on his daughter isn't it? Did they really have to keep the fat filler's joke. Oh they even soften that by having Sasuke not pull out the sword immediately but kind of use it as a threat to add to his question after asking instead of when.

Opening.

Shizune is in the hospital and Sakura wakes up. She informs Sakura where Salad went. From what I recall from the gaiden Sakura was already awake and up and clearly had a discussion with Shizune about what Salad was doing while she was out. Here Shizune doesn't want her out of bed, and is now explaining what Salad is doing while she was asleep. Sakura...looks sad(?) when she is informed. Old enough to question about her father she's 8-12 most single kids start asking by 5. Sakura thought that if Sasuke was nearby that Salad would be brought into Sasuke's conflicts, and bring that stupid Sharingan emotion excuse.

Salad clearly did not answer Sasuke's question fast enough so he thrust & embeds his sword into the pillar behind her. Oh he finally realizes she his daughter. You knew right away he was your dad you had a photo! Even if she think everything Sakura has said is a lie you have the Hokage backing up she's Sasuke's daughter. Fat filler joke when she sees Sasuke. Wow Sasuke is much nicer then in the manga and Salad is far less aggressive.

Oh this is where Sakura and Shizune are seen in the manga where Salad is. Here they are making the claim that Salad has had the Sharingan for a long time. Also since Sasuke is so self-conscious that if she knew that Sasuke was a former criminal... well they don't say what so I guess shame. Wait was their another picture with Sasuke where he wear prison cloths or something? Here they say Sakura was intentionally keeping a secret instead of just covering up her horrible marriage. Oh there that failure as a mother line. So this entire scene is anime original.

Oh now she is aggressively asking Sasuke. Oh they add Naruto commenting on the photo instead of just watching this all with a very confused face. So this is set up to dismisses the photo later on. In the manga we don't see Sasuke face when he tells her this had nothing to do with her. Here we see kind of a soften expression to try making his dismissal seem kinder. Since in the manga it could be assumed he just ignored all her question and was talking about why he brought Naruto their. Here he clearly trying to keep what ever both he and Sakura are hiding a secret. They added in Naruto saying Sasuke should explain why he won't go back to the village instead of him just rushing off to check on Salad. They change the flashback removing Sakura and the other kages and just making it Sasuke and Naruto. Also they added Naruto suggesting he stop by his house. Also they add that this is Sasuke's atonement where in the original he just wanted keep a secret. Also they added Naruto says no one has any bitterness towards Sasuke anymore, also they can both work together to protect the village as the hokage (so setting up that "the supporting shadow" bs). Instead of Naruto thinking he should join the search if its that important. No they add he wants his movement to be kept a secret. So they pretty much changed that entire scene.

Fat filler, and they added more scenes of her. Naruto talks to Salad. Wait she was asking if Sakura was her real mother (among others) not if Sasuke was a good ninja. So Sakura sneaks out in this instead of just leaving after being told what Salad was doing. Shin now they finally show his eye. Sasuke looks at where he stabs the pillar with clear regret. Fat filler wants Sasuke and Salad to share a bag of chips. They are trying really hard to justify her presence here. They add at lot to this episode that wasn't in the manga. Here Salad was going to find Karin, but Naruto holds her wrist and tells her to go talk to Sasuke one more time. Shin attacks. Battle. Wait his rinnegan is different. Oh good fat filler in this isn't eating chips while watching the fight complain about how Salad has a hot dad. Also in the manga it seems Naruto did not know about Sasuke switching power despite him having it for over 15 years by that point. Oh right Shin uses Sasuke's sword to stab Naruto through his eye power. aw, Sasuke doesn't have the same shock face that he had in the manga. Sasuke is stab. And yet even when they are trying to make her Saintly they still can't make her punch as epic as it was in the manga. Here its very generic. Wow they made Naruto and Salad face to blase for this scene. Added in Salad wonders who team 7 are. Changed Sakura walks over to them. Sakura after a few moment walks pass Sasuke in what seems to be an important moment then hugs Salad that she is glad she is ok. Then she talks to Sasuke about their situation. Oh here Sakura sacrifices herself to save Salad instead of just getting caught when everyone guard was down.

They changed a lot in this episode from the manga.

Episode 22: Connected Feelings. So the DNA test should be this episode.

Naruto can't find them with Sage mode. Sakura sees a child die, as well as be informed that Shin used to work for orochimaru as well as all those boys are shin's clones.

Opening.

They decide to go to Orochimaru. They apparently keep Orochimar under strict surveillance instead of just having Tenzo outside the front door. Oh she doing the chip thing again. She did do that at this point in the manga. Naruto says they should stick together.

Sakura asks why he doesn't care about his clones. He goes off on a rant about bodies just being vessel of genes. Then Sakura talks about the bond between parents then genes. Then he brings up his conflict rant.

Oh it is more then just tenzo outside the front door. Now there are three guys. They do in meet everyone once they enter. Oh they kept the Fat filler's Orochimaru transgender joke though they make it much less harsh then it was in the manga. Wow it feels like they are speeding this along. Orochimaru explains what shin is. Oorchimaru brings up the gene thing again, and point out Sasuke passed on his gene to Salad. Orochimaru is helping them out in the anime because of Cups, he ask Naruto about him, and Naruto says he doing fine well at least in the anime we now know Naruto knew his backstory. *Looks at the manga* They seem to stripped a lot of the Orochimaru scene out to speed it up. Salad ask Suigetsu about Karin, then for a DNA test. So he knows about the umbilical cord. Oh right they thought this was Karin's umbilical cord. A perfect match. A flashback to Sakura saying Sakura and Sasuke are connected. Suigetsu walks out the room and talks to Naruto looking very apologetic compared to the manga. Wow they are into chapter 8. They add Naruto holding up a mirror to Salad when she says she not going to rescue Sakura because she not her mother. Clearly implying that she looks a lot like Sakura. Trying to quickly dismiss that DNA test.Naruto gives his speech to Salad about blood and gene don't matter it's bonds that matter. The extent of the bond with her dad is pretty much none existent though beyond genes, even after the gaiden. Now the flashbacks. Oh they ignore that sad look Sakura has when Salad asked if Sasuke ever kissed her and went straight onto the blushing, and the touching of the forehead. How old is that girl? How does she understand sex at that age? Wait is Sakura reenacting the forehead poke or is she using what the forehead poke actually meant about putting distance between someone? Wait remembering what happens at the end of the arc; the former. Yep. she basically says look forward to your dad poking you in the head.

They meet up with the others, suigetsu runs off and hides when Naruto says Sasuke and he will need to talk. Wait now Shin about to kill Sakura but he said he had use for her at the begin of the episode.

They really sped up this stuff so they could do the DNA stuff in one episode.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 30 August 2017 - 10:05 PM.

#2 The Doctor forever

The Doctor forever

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:09 PM

So just how bad has SP kittened over Sakura in this episode as from what I read Bail it seems that SP are making out that Sakura is, well that she is well not all that well in the head if you know what I mean Bail.

The more I read and see the more I wish Sasori had killed Sakura as she went out like a hero giving Chiyo to get away.

#3 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:20 PM

So just how bad has SP kittened over Sakura in this episode as from what I read Bail it seems that SP are making out that Sakura is, well that she is well not all that well in the head if you know what I mean Bail.

The more I read and see the more I wish Sasori had killed Sakura as she went out like a hero giving Chiyo to get away.

If your talking about Episode 21 this is what I wrote a few days ago.: "For why they are making Sakura blame herself instead of Salad is what I said in the first episode of this arc; their goal is to soften any of the negativity towards SS that was in the gaiden.

I know our vaunted all knowing moral guardian of a fact checker will say I'm lying. But if you recall when the gaiden was coming; every new chapter was making the SS fans more hysterically upset and angry to the point that they apparently sent in a large number of letters threatening that they would not support the series anymore if SS did not happen. Boruto is barely even has a shadow of the viewership anywhere the Naruto once had. They can't afford to piss off their larger of the two remaining fanbases in Japan, which means softening all the negative implications that the gaiden had towards SS.

Remember the bench scene from a few weeks ago? That was the start by making the narrative of; "Sakura is perfectly happy waiting years for Sasuke to return to her, if she's happy why do we have any right to complain?" Which they then continued into the laundry scene where Sakura is just fondly thinking of Sasuke, and is able to defend Sasuke to Salad because she loves him so much (ignore the fact that she punched the ground that was a plot point from the gaiden). While in the gaiden she was completely unable to justify SS to Salad, eventually the constant questions cause her to lash out and smash the ground in order to stop the questions she couldn't answer. 

In this episode what makes a mother look better saying her daughter is foolish or acting saintly by saying all the problems are her fault of being a poor mother?

Now normally this is opposite of what Sp does with her, but this falls exactly in line with how they used her in The Last. They used her both times as a prop to say; "Sakura is fine with this pairing and support it, if she supports it why does anyone have the right to complain on her behalf." Then once they are done they will throw her right back to where they think she deserves to be; a rarely used background character."

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 31 August 2017 - 09:52 AM.

#4 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:48 PM

Shin is exposed to be weak villain in writing standpoint, hovering surgery is awkward, Cho Cho is making me question life, Orochimaru is alive because fan poll (?), Sarada goes irate, Naruto still hates Team Taka for taking his waifu, ancient Hawaiian was told by Naruto that would go to a moot point in the next episode, Sarada dismiss the thought of wondering if Sasuke has Sharingan, which sounded like a moot point now, and off to save Sakura because damsel in distress is still a thing.

Finally, it's almost over so we can get to the real exciting part....

...wait...

#5 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:54 PM

Shin is exposed to be weak villain in writing standpoint, hovering surgery is awkward, Cho Cho is making me question life, Orochimaru is alive because fan poll (?), Sarada goes irate, Naruto still hates Team Taka for taking his waifu, ancient Hawaiian was told by Naruto that would go to a moot point in the next episode, Sarada dismiss the thought of wondering if Sasuke has Sharingan, which sounded like a moot point now, and off to save Sakura because damsel in distress is still a thing.

Finally, it's almost over so we can get to the real exciting part....

...wait...

To be honest he is an awful villain but out of all the Boruto villains he the best. At least he has a decent motivation. It will never make sense why Sakura didn't just kill him other then this is a shounen manga. I just gotten to the point where I just ignore the fat filler. Wait he is alive because of what?! Most of this arc is pointless. The only really good thing to come out of this arc is the Bond between Naruto and Salad, which isn't in the anime because they are speeding through that stuff or using it to justify SS.

Well the action scene and resolution is next episode. After that more filler arcs till they reach the chunin exams. Then even more filler because of how slow the manga's pace is.

#6 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 10:19 PM

All of the Next Generation episodes are half filler.

#7 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 10:23 PM

All of the Next Generation episodes are half filler.

Half? I'd go with at least 75%.

#8 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 10:26 PM

Half? I'd go with at least 75%.

This much ? Then better not to watch the anime at all.

#9 BlackShirtGuy

BlackShirtGuy

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Videogames, Anime, Naruto, Dragon Ball, Spider-Man, Megaman, Ace Attorney Series.

Posted 30 August 2017 - 11:26 PM

This much ? Then better not to watch the anime at all.

This whole kitten feels like filler for me xD (them editing so much of the canon material is not helping things either) , I wonder how much crap are they gonna change when they reach the movie arc?? They have to, at the very least, remove or heavily edit the naruto's daughter birthday scene, since that potrayal of Hinata would be inconsistent with the one SP trying to sell us in this anime, alltough, knowing them I don't think they even care about their own consistency that much :/

“There are many types of monsters in this world, monsters who will not show themselves and who cause trouble. Monsters who abduct children, monsters who devour dreams, monsters who suck blood, and, monsters who always tell lies. Lying monsters are a real nuisance, they are much more cunning than other monsters. They pose as humans, even though they have no understanding of the human heart. They eat, even though they've never experienced hunger. They study even though the have no interest in academics. They seek friendship even though they do not know how to love. If I were to encounter such a monster, I would likely be eaten by it, because in truth, I am that monster.”   -L. Lawliet

#10 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 12:01 AM

This whole kitten feels like filler for me xD (them editing so much of the canon material is not helping things either) , I wonder how much crap are they gonna change when they reach the movie arc?? They have to, at the very least, remove or heavily edit the naruto's daughter birthday scene, since that potrayal of Hinata would be inconsistent with the one SP trying to sell us in this anime, alltough, knowing them I don't think they even care about their own consistency that much :/

They will probably just skip the arc itself. Since they do have a movie. It would be funny if they did it though. All this is an attempt to fix SS to please the SS fans. What they care about is money, and Hinata being perfect anything else comes after.

#11 The Doctor forever

The Doctor forever

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 12:37 AM

If your talking about Episode 21 this is what I wrote a few days ago.: "For why they are making Sakura blame herself instead of Salad is what I said in the first episode of this arc; their goal is to soften any of the negativity towards SS that was in the gaiden.

I know our vaunted all knowing moral guardian of a fact checker will say I'm lying. But if you recall when the gaiden was coming; every new chapter was making the SS fans more hysterically upset and angry to the point that they apparently sent in a large number of letters threatening that they would not support the series anymore if SS did not happen. Boruto is barely even has a shadow of the viewership anywhere the Naruto once had. They can't afford to piss of their larger of the two remaining fanbases in Japan, which means softening all the negative implications that the gaiden had towards SS.

Remember the bench scene from a few weeks ago? That was the start by making the narrative of; "Sakura is perfectly happy waiting years for Sasuke to return to her, if she's happy why do we have any right to complain?" Which they then continued into the laundry scene where Sakura is just fondly thinking of Sasuke, and is able to defend Sasuke to Salad because she loves him so much (ignore the fact that she punched the ground that was a plot point from the gaiden). While in the gaiden she was completely unable to justify SS to Salad, eventually the constant question cause her to lash out and smash the ground in order to stop the question she can't answer. 

In this episode what makes a mother look better saying her daughter is foolish or acting saintly by saying all the problems are her fault of being a poor mother?

Now normally this is opposite of what Sp does with her, but this falls exactly in line with how they used her in The Last. They used her both times as a prop to say; "Sakura is fine with this pairing and support it, if she supports it why does anyone have the right to complain on her behalf." Then once they are done they will throw her right back to where they think she deserves to be; a rarely used background character."

Yeah right and I'm the reincarnation of Elvis Presley,

SP just want her out the way so Hinata can be with Naruto hell its been shown the Hinata youtubers don't give a kitten.

#12 Moon_Girl

Moon_Girl

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:OTPs:
    NaruSaku - Naruto x Sakura (Naruto Series)
    Het Chrobin - Chrom x Robin♀ (Fire Emblem Awakening)
    Clerith - Cloud x Aerith (Final Fantasy VII Series)
    Demelith - Demetri x Byleth♀ (Fire Emblem Three Houses/Hopes)
    Phantom/Erik x Christine (Phantom of the Opera)
    Jintan x Menma (AnoHana)
    ZeLink - Link x Zelda (Legend of Zelda Series)

Posted 31 August 2017 - 02:21 AM

tl;dr: They're trying to hide all the bad things about SS that was shown in the manga.
The anime is literally only for the NH/SS shippers. That's also most who watch it too.  :roll:

Seriously the SS fans on tumblr have been having a ball with gifs cuz of these episodes.

NaruSaku will always be better than crack and fan fiction

#13 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 03:26 AM

tl;dr: They're trying to hide all the bad things about SS that was shown in the manga.
The anime is literally only for the NH/SS shippers. That's also most who watch it too.  :roll:

Seriously the SS fans on tumblr have been having a ball with gifs cuz of these episodes.

Pretty much. I will keep saying this but does anyone remember how hysterical the SS fans were with ever chapter released of the gaiden? SP has known for two years by this point that SS fans hated the gaiden. So when they decided they were going to start at the academy to give the manga more time, they already had plans on how to fix the story. So they don't lose the larger of their two fanbases.

All this arc is to soften the story so as they adapt it the anime SS fans don't become hysterical as the manga fan became over the gaiden (also hopefully bring back so of the manga SS fans), and honestly I think a bit of revenge on Kishimoto. They were hoping that they could coast through a sequel series with Boruto. Instead because kishi added the daddy issues the fanbases the series was able to keep was unhappy that their crack pairing happening weren't perfect as well. So kishi added more work for them. Also he forced them to change Hinata so she wasn't an awful mother, by having bolt be such a brat.

Also they have gotten rid of the only good part of the gaiden; Naruto and Salad's interactions. In the manga Naruto was interacting with her because he cared about her and was helping through a difficult time. Making him take up a father figure role for her leading her to desire to follow after him and become hokage as well. Here they are just another way to defend and justify SS with Naruto defending it with his every action. With her ending up wanting to become hokage cause "why not?"

Now if the SS fans think they're going to be more SS moments after this arc they are fooling themselves. This was only to appease them, and somewhat to spite kishimoto. After this she is going back to being a background character.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 31 August 2017 - 03:31 AM.

#14 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 03:59 AM

To be honest he is an awful villain but out of all the Boruto villains he the best. At least he has a decent motivation. It will never make sense why Sakura didn't just kill him other then this is a shounen manga. I just gotten to the point where I just ignore the fat filler. Wait he is alive because of what?! Most of this arc is pointless. The only really good thing to come out of this arc is the Bond between Naruto and Salad, which isn't in the anime because they are speeding through that stuff or using it to justify SS.

Well the action scene and resolution is next episode. After that more filler arcs till they reach the chunin exams. Then even more filler because of how slow the manga's pace is.

Yeah, I'm beginning to think the villains in this series are going to remain so-so at best. It's as if Kishi can't write an arc villain rather than the mastermind (aka main story). All of them have been half-assed and lackluster.

#15 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 04:31 AM

Yeah, I'm beginning to think the villains in this series are going to remain so-so at best. It's as if Kishi can't write an arc villain rather than the mastermind (aka main story). All of them have been half-assed and lackluster.

The question is was he even putting forth the effort? Shin's concept is fine he just really out of place in the gaiden. The two from the movie were bad. Both cases they were just excuse villains to pad out the story and so their some action in it. Was molding cannibal made up by him or those clowns making a gato clone? But as for will Boruto will have good villains or not. All of them so far have just been copies of (except shin) character from Naruto. The Clone/Hinata (along with some filler girls), Nail/Sasuke, Molding/Gato, Kara/Akatsuki, and the two from the movie/Kaguya.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 31 August 2017 - 04:32 AM.

#16 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 04:42 AM

Shin could have been decent have the pacing or more like being in a short story didn't effect him. He has to job out pathetically, he has to reference Akatsuki for fan service sake, same with Itachi which has no ground, died quick as possible by rushed twist (like why start now, clone Shin), and everything just felt convenient and halfassed.

#17 luans7

luans7

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 04:50 AM

Sakura the spitting of  Kushina  on the  flashback  :umm:

Edited by luans7, 31 August 2017 - 04:50 AM.

#18 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 05:45 AM

Shin could have been decent have the pacing or more like being in a short story didn't effect him. He has to job out pathetically, he has to reference Akatsuki for fan service sake, same with Itachi which has no ground, died quick as possible by rushed twist (like why start now, clone Shin), and everything just felt convenient and halfassed.

Honestly what was that ten tail piece? How did he get it? Are their more of them? That one thing is more interesting then anything they have put into Boruto so far.

#19 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 08:28 AM

Honestly what was that ten tail piece? How did he get it? Are their more of them? That one thing is more interesting then anything they have put into Boruto so far.

Shin was the best opportunity to fill in the gap with Obito's collection of Sharingan. Missed that boat...

#20 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 08:40 AM

Shin was the best opportunity to fill in the gap with Obito's collection of Sharingan. Missed that boat...

He was the best opportunity for many ideas.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users