• This topic is locked This topic is locked
182 replies to this topic

#41 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:40 AM

Thats Hanzo the Salamander as one of Kabutos little puppets. The guy who named the Sannin.

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#42 Master Sage

Master Sage

RASENGAN...... it never gets old

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:55 AM

This chapter was so epic that my head almost blew off from reading it literally tongue.gif but you know what i loved the most, the cover with everyone ready for war and naruto in the middle with like 6 rasengans at one time just hovering over him E-P-I-C wow.png i cant wait for next week's chapter yes!

#43 pharix

pharix

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 01:27 AM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Nov 2 2010, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh No he didn't --Click here to view--
Kabuto did not just summon Dan? Ooooh Tsunade's going to be pissed off, and either a very stupid or clever move on part of Kabutomaru, She was a wreck for years because of his death, if she has to fight him, when he still retains his personality, it could lead to her death, or her going on a rampage and destroying everything in her path.

Wonder why non of the Hokage's were summoned, could it be because they can't be bought back if inside the Shinigami's stomach, but if that's the case who was Orichimaru going to summon that scared the Third Hokage so much?

Another strange ommision is Jiaraya, the White Fang, and Kushina Uzumaki, not only would these cause Naruto and Kakashi to get unsettled, they were all famous Ninja's who could have been Hokage, wonder why they weren't included. OK can understand Kushina, it's possible Kabuto didn't know about her, but he definitely knew Jiraiya, and if he knew about Dan he probably knew about the White Fang too.

Sakura is part of the mid/close range figters division? Hmm odd, I know she can fight with the best of them, but she's also one of the best medics on board as well, I guess they probably did a coin toss to decide her fate.

I'm surprised Naruto is training to control the Chakra lready, would have thought he'd be trying to knock some sense in the Kyuubi first, oh well i'm sure we'll find out what's happening with the two later.

nobody knows for sure --Click here to view--
how Edo Tensei works but I do think you at least need the body, and Jiraiya's is somewhere underwater in the Rain Village >.<

Edited by pharix, 03 November 2010 - 01:28 AM.

#44 Guest_Kodachi Claws_*

Guest_Kodachi Claws_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2010 - 01:38 AM

QUOTE (pharix @ Nov 2 2010, 06:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
nobody knows for sure --Click here to view--
how Edo Tensei works but I do think you at least need the body, and Jiraiya's is somewhere underwater in the Rain Village >.<

You don't need the body at all for Edo Tensei. You just need to find someone to sacrifice and turn into the vessel. Look back to when Orochimaru fought the 3rd. When the bodies of the 1st and 2nd crumbled, it revealed dust and the two Sound Genin that didn't make it into the finals.

So, Kabuto killed tons of people to do that. And if there are any more fatalities, he'll be able to summon so much more....

#45 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:01 AM

I loved this chapter. This was seriously cool imo and even if it may seem like a cheap shot, bringing everyone back is exciting. We get to see characters who we heard of but never saw in action, and the stakes have been raised that honestly, I don't see many people making it out of this war alive. I was surprised that Sakura was not on the medic squad, but that sort of makes me happy too--we get to see her fight instead of heal. She's under Kakashi, which automatically makes that division coooool. -loves-

I'm fangirling, I realize, but I just can't be mad at this plot twist. There is so much happening that it makes me excited for what is to come, and it's been awhile since I've felt this way.

#46 sardns

sardns

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:09 AM

This chapter was great! I love all this war preperation, although I kinda don't like how people we've seen are being brought back to life, but whatever.

#47 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:14 AM

QUOTE (Verilance @ Nov 3 2010, 06:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks kishimoto --Click here to view--
after so many chapter we finally have some ShikaTem

and it was priceless

Not to mention that Shikamaru was made as Gaara's second-in-command meaning, that Gaara wanted Shikamaru to protect her. He knows that if there's anyone that he can trust to protect her, it's him.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#48 dfammer

dfammer

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:20 AM

QUOTE (Newkerz @ Nov 2 2010, 10:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not to mention that Shikamaru was made as Gaara's second-in-command meaning, that Gaara wanted Shikamaru to protect her. He knows that if there's anyone that he can trust to protect her, it's him.

I don't think Temari needs protecting,it's more likely that Temari will protect Shikamaru,and I love how Temari is riding Shikamaru's ass already:)

#49 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:26 AM

Neji vs. his Dad GO! Exciting chapter! Like I thought, all the (former)rookie genin are going to get their time in the spotlight! w00t.gif

Edited by Nee-sama, 03 November 2010 - 02:27 AM.

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#50 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:27 AM

Since we are talking about pairings, I gotta say that if narusaku is going to become canon, is really going to be at the ending of the manga ( assuming this is the final battle), after all, is unlikely they are metting now, and I think the only chance for a final discussion between them is right before the final battle against the big boss, wich will take an while to happen.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#51 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:30 AM

QUOTE (dfammer @ Nov 3 2010, 09:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think Temari needs protecting,it's more likely that Temari will protect Shikamaru,and I love how Temari is riding Shikamaru's ass already:)

Yeah, but remember that Gaara cares a lot about his family now so it's pretty natural he wants someone he can trust to protect her in case anything happens.

On a side note: if anyone has read my post in the spoiler thread about Naruto being promoted to Special Jounin, I think it's gonna be pretty likely. They have a sensor division, so if there's a division that Naruto would be placed in, it would obviously be the sensor division, considering RM gave him sensor abilities unheard of. If they put him there, Naruto would be able to take part in the war (just what he wants) while at the same time the alliance can limit his movements. I think it's a pretty good compromise on their parts. (of course, that doesn't mean Naruto won't do something so that he can go into the upmost front line later on.)

Gotta love the new headbands btw.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#52 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:34 AM

EPIC- EPPPIC! wow.png Oh, wow... WOAH!

I LOVE this chapter... it got me so freakin' pumped!

#53 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:39 AM

This was just awesome, the build up for a massive war will be cool. Yamato has had his brain picked for every weakness on his enemies and his greatest enemy is behind the army hiding in the giant turtle. So let me think about what weaknesses Yamato is aware of about Konoha and spent the majority of Shippuden with Naruto, he has every legendary nin available except those who are not available meaning the Konoha Hokages. Sasuke is getting ready just in case the waves fail, me thinks he's the secret weapon along with the body. Kabuto is showing he knows how to use a psycological warfare; criticize Kishi all you want for predictiblity but this is just EPIC.

@Mik3 for every person you bring to TGIFridays you get 5 bucks off.

#54 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:40 AM

About Hinata I was expecting that after her confession she will change a little and start showing some back bone looks like I was wrong. On the cover of the chapter she's the only one who doesn't have a determined expression to fight, she's mellow like she probably doesn't want to fight. In the chapter she's shown in a panel saying that she's nervous looks like she will never change I kind of hope Kishi will make her a better person in this possible final arc.

I kind of have a bad feeling I don't know it looks like Kishi probably has plan for Neji to fight his father and Hinata might get involve somehow (just a prediction with a bad ending I hope I'm very wrong mellow.gif).
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#55 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:44 AM

QUOTE (Verilance @ Nov 2 2010, 07:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks kishimoto --Click here to view--
after so many chapter we finally have some ShikaTem

and it was priceless

chapter spoilers --Click here to view--
Heh Temari doing the tsundere thing with Shikamaru- and in just the way his mom Yoshimi acted too- "bossy". Uh huh, Shikamaru you're going to be just like your dad. wink.gif

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#56 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:46 AM

Holy kitten! That was an epic chapter! Business is going to pick up definitely in the upcoming chapters.

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#57 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:50 AM

QUOTE (Broken Figurine @ Nov 2 2010, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I loved this chapter. This was seriously cool imo and even if it may seem like a cheap shot, bringing everyone back is exciting. We get to see characters who we heard of but never saw in action, and the stakes have been raised that honestly, I don't see many people making it out of this war alive. I was surprised that Sakura was not on the medic squad, but that sort of makes me happy too--we get to see her fight instead of heal. She's under Kakashi, which automatically makes that division coooool. -loves-

Yeah, I kind of forgive Kishimoto for killing off some great characters earlier on. I mean 10+ years of doing writing/illustrating, I bet he'd do a few things differently plot-wise if he had to do it over again. (But of course, resurrecting your cast seems to be a fairly common manga device, so maybe that was just his ace-in-the-hole all along.)

And I think Sakura being on a close/mid-range squad puts her in high likelihood of having Team 7 interaction. (Of course, I think it's a given now that she'll battle someone, Sasori or Chiyo.) Her role in Team 7 was as a kunoichi first, not a medic. So the groundwork is being laid for a Team 7 fight/interaction of old, imo.

fanficy pipedream: Would love it if somehow the ending twisted some intimate knowledge that only the three of them would have of each other. (Sakura being in danger and Naruto having to choose between saving her and saving others, and Sasuke stepping in to fill the gap tacitly, because he knows of Naruto's true feelings for her. Twist on the Konan-Yahiko-Nagato ending.) But of course, the main ending will focus on the Naru/Sasu bond somehow.

Edited by tricksie, 03 November 2010 - 02:53 AM.

#58 Guest_Kodachi Claws_*

Guest_Kodachi Claws_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:03 AM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Nov 2 2010, 07:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, I kind of forgive Kishimoto for killing off some great characters earlier on. I mean 10+ years of doing writing/illustrating, I bet he'd do a few things differently plot-wise if he had to do it over again. (But of course, resurrecting your cast seems to be a fairly common manga device, so maybe that was just his ace-in-the-hole all along.)

To be fair, it's usually the good guys who are resurrected on a normal basis in this type of manga. This is the first where I've seen everyone who's fought and died as villains come back. I bet all the characters will just look at each other saying "We did all that years ago for THIS!?" laugh.gif

#59 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:13 AM

And just remember... When the zombie ninja's are resurrected they fight full force right from the start... And some of them ARE loved ones... WOAH.

#60 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:37 AM

For some reason i thought about this song seeing Kabuto's Edo Tensei:

pimp.png

Garsome chapter indeed! cool.gif Now don't disappoint me Kishi, keep"em coming. a_thumbs.gif

The best thing was Dat cover! Naruto in between the Kunoichi like that, all he needs is his shades and arm around them especially dat Ino. pimp.png

I'm really anxious to see the what the fallen jinchuuriki can do, i mean it's not like they have access to their bijuu's inside GM right? In b4 enraged Madara. pictureem0.gif I wish Fuu and Yugito weren't killed. shamefulcry0js.gif

All in all 10/10! a_thumbs.gif

(yes fanboy mode kicked in on this post)

Edited by Dreamer, 03 November 2010 - 03:40 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users