Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 03:30 AM

It's out!

Naruto 506

That was epic rematch. Also...MEDIC!!!!

Edited by Insurrection, 19 August 2010 - 03:41 AM.

#2 Grace

Grace

I am Johnlocked. Formerly known as "Kushina".

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 03:39 AM

That was....interesting, I guess. Pretty much the build-up we all expected.

Kisame has powah!
Gai has powah!

.....who has more powah!

Tune in next time.

I gotta say it though: I hate seeing Kisame fight--I've had a terrible fear of sharks since I was a kid, and this guy does not help ;_____;

I did, however, like seeing Killerbee try to give Samehada a bro-hug XD

Edited by Kushina, 19 August 2010 - 03:40 AM.

#3 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 03:55 AM

Great chapter, hopefully Gai has the upper hand. happy.gif

#4 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 19 August 2010 - 04:03 AM

I love chapters like this. Seriously intense.

I don't have a good feeling about Guy-sensei, here. Opening the Seventh Gate... not a good sign. We've been outright told that using all Eight Gates is fatal, and Guy barely beat Kisame's clone way back when using Six of them.

Huh, so Naruto actually broke his ankle? Talk about more power than you can handle. sweatdrop.gif

... Am I insane, or is Samehada kind of... cute? It's like a puppy. A spiky, chakra stealing puppy.

Also, return of the turtle! And it only took 400 chapters! Geez...

Edited by KungFuTruffle, 19 August 2010 - 04:04 AM.

#5 sardns

sardns

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 04:09 AM

Only one thing I have to say...Yay! It's the turtle! well, it's really a tortoise but still!! Wait, did the turtle fall on ginormaturtle?!

Edited by sardns, 19 August 2010 - 04:11 AM.

#6 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 04:11 AM

Kinda of sucks Naruto is out of the actions already. Also the whole Bee and Gai thing reminds me of Wolverine and the Hulk formation they do.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#7 Serenity Namikaze

Serenity Namikaze

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 04:15 AM

There was no surprise with this chapter but it was good and what a fight!!!!

However, I'm still glad that this fight will finish on the next chapter, I want to go back to Konoha already!!!!

and Poor Naruto laugh.gif he's super bad a** but still not a better bad a** then his father. Oh well, he still got time to control more his chakra.

#8 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 04:34 AM

Morning Peacock, Afternoon Tiger...

Evening Dragon?

His techniques are loltastic in translated names.

#9 soot-r

soot-r

Deva Path

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 04:44 AM

Awesome chapter! I don't really know who's going to win.. And it felt kind of a short chapter. Or was it just me?

#10 Jade Ninja

Jade Ninja

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:Skiing, skiing, more skiing, watch anime/read manga while not skiing.<br /><br />Oh, and getting sponsored for skiing.<br /><br />Oh, and drinking in hottubs after skiing.<br /><br />...<br /><br />and hot chicks.<br /><br />...<br /><br />preferably in hottubs drinking with me.

Posted 19 August 2010 - 04:51 AM

OK, Guy vs Kisame is SWEET. But my only problem is to Naruto's broken ankle. Since he now has full control of Kyuubi chakra, shouldn't he heal instantly? I mean, in four tailed state he is perpetually breaking down and rebuilding his cells. Now he needs a splint? Seems inconsistent. Unless he only has access to a small part of energy. Which is both unlikely and GAY.

Keep it up Guy! 7th Gate Badass!!
The world is going to hell in a sporty dream car, and I'm here to point it out.

#11 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 04:57 AM

Yeah that was epic, and the chapter went way too fast! Need to see this animated, definitely. I wouldn't count Naruto out yet, he's not one to let a little pain get in his way. (pun unintended but still there!)

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#12 Davidos

Davidos

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Interests:Music, Anime , Manga, Gaming and playing guitar/piano

Posted 19 August 2010 - 06:18 AM

Awesome chapter! Can't wait to see how it ends next week. Some of those frames made me LOL especially the one where he says that Kisame is a giant blowfish xD! How can he still not recognize his enemy after 3 encounters hahaha.
Feel sorry for Naruto though one awesome move and he hurts his ankle xD!
Just wondering if Kisame is gonna survive that attack from guy now he is in the 7th gate :O.

bit offtopic: Wasn't there an Naruto movie from a guy who could use all 8th gates without dying by the use of dark energy? I think it was the 2nd shippuuden one but i have to say he looked nothing like Guy after opening gates that dude was just normal and buffed =/. Kinda odd for my feeling.

#13 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 06:25 AM

Yeah, according to that filler guy, by using certain medical methods, you can use all 8 gates without dying. Y'know, the 3rd movie had Jinton & Ranton and that was BEFORE Kishi even revealed it in the manga. wot.gif Which makes me think Kishi just might do something similar regarding the 8 gates.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#14 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 19 August 2010 - 06:38 AM

This chapter ended way too fast.... I thought it was only five pages then, chapter ends wtf? err.gif
Man, Gai seems to be the only Jonin in Konoha to stand up to an Akatsuki member....

#15 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 19 August 2010 - 07:13 AM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Aug 18 2010, 11:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This chapter ended way too fast.... I thought it was only five pages then, chapter ends wtf? err.gif
Man, Gai seems to be the only Jonin in Konoha to stand up to an Akatsuki member....

The reason the chapter seems shorter than usual is twofold:

1: It's an action chapter, so there's little dialogue to deal with. Chapters with dialogue take longer to read, as you have to, you know, read them.

2: There were two splash pages, with attack effects taking up space that would usually be reserved for smaller, less intense panels.

It's not really fair to say that Guy is the only jounin that can stand up to Akatsuki, as we haven't seen every Konoha jounin fight. And Guy can only stand up to Kisame because he's using the Gates.

#16 Davidos

Davidos

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Interests:Music, Anime , Manga, Gaming and playing guitar/piano

Posted 19 August 2010 - 10:11 AM

There is something odd in the chapter though.. I thought Kisame needed Samehada to absorb chakra from opponents but here Naruto 506 page 6 he does it without the sword. I have never seen him doing that before huh.gif

Edited by Davidos, 19 August 2010 - 10:12 AM.

#17 Zin

Zin

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 10:19 AM

QUOTE (Davidos @ Aug 19 2010, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There is something odd in the chapter though.. I thought Kisame needed Samehada to absorb chakra from opponents but here Naruto 506 page 6 he does it without the sword. I have never seen him doing that before huh.gif

Yea, I noticed that too. headscratch.gif
"I've always equated "feelings" with "getting caught"...they both get in the way of my money. Unfortunately not everyone is as committed to their work as I am." - Garrett, Thief:TMA

"A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat." - JC Denton, Deus Ex

Anna: "The Maria Narcissa."
Sam: "Sounds like you're setting me up for another blind date."
Anna: "The Maria Narcissa is a boat."
Sam: "So was the last girl you set me up with."
Anna: "Fisher!"
Sam: "Sorry." - Anna Grímsdóttir and Sam Fisher, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

#18 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 10:51 AM

QUOTE (Davidos @ Aug 19 2010, 11:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The reason he can do that is because those kunais are chakra conductors, so he can absorve through them.

And another thing I noticed, it seems we have a new love triangle in the series, who is samehada going to end up with, Bee or Kisame? fu.png

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#19 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 11:18 AM

The chapter was good the fight was intense I don't know if it's right to end the fight in just two chapters it would be nice if it was at least three chapters. However I don't think Gai will die seriously I think there won't be a winner both will be even. I can see Kisame escaping with the information he has gathered on Kumo giving Madara a strong advantage. If Kishi wants to end this match so soon it could only means that he wants Naruto to return to Konoha we haven't seen anyone from the village since 489. I can see Sakura getting upset with Naruto for hurting his ankle (NS moment biggrin.gif) but who knows maybe Kishi also wants to show Sasuke with his new ETMS. All in all a good action packed chapter can't wait for the next chapter.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#20 RikutoShika

RikutoShika

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:hmm...umm,I like : <br />-Listenin to Music<br />-Reading manga<br />-Watching anime<br />-Hanging out with my friends<br />-Soccer

Posted 19 August 2010 - 11:53 AM

QUOTE (KungFuTruffle @ Aug 19 2010, 06:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love chapters like this. Seriously intense.

I don't have a good feeling about Guy-sensei, here. Opening the Seventh Gate... not a good sign. We've been outright told that using all Eight Gates is fatal, and Guy barely beat Kisame's clone way back when using Six of them.

Huh, so Naruto actually broke his ankle? Talk about more power than you can handle. sweatdrop.gif

... Am I insane, or is Samehada kind of... cute? It's like a puppy. A spiky, chakra stealing puppy.

Also, return of the turtle! And it only took 400 chapters! Geez...

Haha biggrin.gif for a moment i though i was the only 1 who thought Samehada looked like a pup in this chapter xD
JenvsHenra.pngQOKznxM.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users