#21 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 31 January 2009 - 05:37 AM

Heh, and I thought the scroll was there to show his bad-assness and his new status as the Gama Sennin. Still, it's good that something that large isn't too much of a hindrance to him.

#22 JaredDrake

JaredDrake

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 04:38 PM

QUOTE (iwant2bnaruto @ Jan 30 2009, 08:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Personally, the constant use of Rasengan (or any of its variations) doesn't bother me much. After all, in its base form, it is an extremely potent A rank attack jutsu. Naruto engaging Pain will require his best techniques and it's hard to deny the power and simplicity of Rasengan.

What does bother me at times is not that Naruto uses Rasengan so often. It's that he has not shown anything else. I would like to see Naruto have techinques that compliment the Rasengan. Techinques that would have advantages in certain situations such as a defensive jutsu.

Kakashi is a good example with his reputation of having an arsenal of jutsus. He tends to use Raikiri often despite how many other techniques he possesses because it's his prefered attack jutsu (not to mention a powerful one at that). However, when certain situations arise, he'll use a different type of technique that is better suited to that situation than Raikiri. That's what I think Naruto is ultimately missing.

Good point. Well, at least that shows that Naruto still has a long way to go. I don't think Sage mode will be enough to REALLY defeat Pain. Anyone else think that the eventual fight against Rain Village and Pain will involve Naruto and Hiraishin? I mean, sure all the realms can see what the other realms see...but can they survive against the Hiraishin???

In any case, good chapter! Its awesome see Naruto's flair when it comes to battlefield strategy come into play again. Up to now, aside from some small instances, Naruto has been more of a berserker than a Shinobi. He really is the "Gutsy Ninja" made flesh.

#23 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 01 February 2009 - 06:48 PM

QUOTE (iwant2bnaruto @ Jan 30 2009, 08:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Personally, the constant use of Rasengan (or any of its variations) doesn't bother me much. After all, in its base form, it is an extremely potent A rank attack jutsu. Naruto engaging Pain will require his best techniques and it's hard to deny the power and simplicity of Rasengan.

What does bother me at times is not that Naruto uses Rasengan so often. It's that he has not shown anything else. I would like to see Naruto have techniques that compliment the Rasengan. Techniques that would have advantages in certain situations such as a defensive jutsu.

Kakashi is a good example with his reputation of having an arsenal of jutsus. He tends to use Raikiri often despite how many other techniques he possesses because it's his preferred attack jutsu (not to mention a powerful one at that). However, when certain situations arise, he'll use a different type of technique that is better suited to that situation than Raikiri. That's what I think Naruto is ultimately missing.

Excellent post. smile.gif I'm really liking the current fight because it does show Naruto has tactical prowess. One reason I disliked his Kyuubi side was his tendency to just blindly charge in. Ever since Naruto realised he was the one who hurt Sakura during their fight against Orochimaru, he has come on leaps and bounds, using his own strength instead of relying on the quick-and-easy rage of the Kyuubi. Now, at long last, it feels like Naruto has truly matured as a ninja. Hopefully, he will soon utilise more varied ninjutsu.

QUOTE (jim1982 @ Jan 31 2009, 05:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ya mean something like :
Yomi Numa - Swamp of the Underworld

I'd like to see that, too! However, that's an Earth element jutsu and Naruto can only do wind element at the moment. Hopefully, in the future, Naruto will undergo more training from the toads and learn more of Jiraiya's jutsu. happy.gif

I'm really wondering what Sasuke and Madara will find when they arrive at Konoha. Will they see a battered, but victorious, Naruto standing over the scattered bodies of Pain? How will Sasuke react upon seeing Konoha in ruins? I think that moment will reveal whether he was bluffing or serious about killing everyone in Konoha. Was he lying to Team Hawk or Madara? We're going to see whose side Sasuke is really on.

Whatever happens, I'm sure the conclusion of this fight is going to be really emotional. (Shizune... shamefulcry0js.gif )

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users