Close
Photo

Why do Sakura and Hinata's stated feelings always get preference over Naruto's?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 05 February 2023 - 01:28 AM

In a discussion in another thread here, the point was made that Hinata had stated her love for Naruto and Sakura had stated her love for Sasuke, so Kishimoto had no choice but to let Hinata get with Naruto and Sakura with Sasuke. The user who made this argument is entitled to his opinion, but I have seen this argument made so many times over the years, that I figured it warranted its own thread. Every single time people bring this up, they never appear to acknowledge Naruto's own stated feelings. What I'm not getting is why the feelings of a glorified side character and a so-called "Kiba level character( Kishimoto said it, not me) are given greater preference/respect than the feelings of the MAIN CHARACTER? For pete's sake, this is the TITLE CHARACTER we are talking about. This manga isn't called Hinata. This manga isn't called Sakura. This manga is called NARUTO. It would be one thing if Naruto's feelings for Sakura were strictly played for gags as we see with Asta liking Sister Lily in Black Clover, but that's not the case here. There are various occasions where Naruto's feelings for Sakura are not only taken seriously, but to further demonstrate his virtue, his nindo and his determination. I fail to see why Naruto's stated love for Sakura is simply treated like an afterthought by a lot of fans (and I'm not just talking about the people with pairing goggles on 24/7 or intellectually dishonest hacks at studio pierrot). 

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#2 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 05 February 2023 - 03:40 AM

Frankly I see the SS confession in 181 as a rejection on sasuke's part.

#3 Therece

Therece

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 05 February 2023 - 12:21 PM

From what i've seen during these years.
Most of the nH fans are compound by male who likes Hinata because she have big boobs and is very "cute"

Because of that nH seems more popular in casual fanbase.

Boruto greatly helped to decrease Hinata popularity because Ikemoto drawn her like kitten without big boobs and Pierrot isn't doing fanservices anymore. Funny enough Pierrot are treating Sakura better during Boruto era.

Sakura isn't puching Naruto everytime, she is doing medical stuff, running the hospital and is caring/cool mother to Sarada and train her in anime Fillers.

NS fans are composed much more of Naruto fans who  wanted him to get all his desires as a protagonist including his original love interest Sakura.  Most of readers doesn't consider Naruto's feelings to Sakura that strong. Naruto's never made a love declaration and the PoaL importance was diminished or even destroyed at the fake confession.

All of was left is the  Sakura-Kushina parallel. I guess transform Sakura in a Kushina clone or vice versa aren't enough to made NaruSaku gain too much attention outside NS fanbase.

SS fans are composed of  Sakura and female fans. They simply prefer Sasuke to Sakura, since for them he is much better/interesting than Naruto. SS and nH are fighting now just to prove which canon pairing is the better one and because Hinata stans like to provoke Sakura fans.
But SS side never thought Sakura was threatened by Hinata.  Most of the SS fans used Hinata  at the pairings wars days just to get Naruto away from Sasuke and Sakura just to show how little they care about Naruto's character.

Edited by Therece, 25 April 2023 - 05:33 AM.

#4 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 05 February 2023 - 05:46 PM

In a discussion in another thread here, the point was made that Hinata had stated her love for Naruto and Sakura had stated her love for Sasuke, so Kishimoto had no choice but to let Hinata get with Naruto and Sakura with Sasuke. The user who made this argument is entitled to his opinion, but I have seen this argument made so many times over the years, that I figured it warranted its own thread. Every single time people bring this up, they never appear to acknowledge Naruto's own stated feelings. What I'm not getting is why the feelings of a glorified side character and a so-called "Kiba level character( Kishimoto said it, not me) are given greater preference/respect than the feelings of the MAIN CHARACTER? For pete's sake, this is the TITLE CHARACTER we are talking about. This manga isn't called Hinata. This manga isn't called Sakura. This manga is called NARUTO. It would be one thing if Naruto's feelings for Sakura were strictly played for gags as we see with Asta liking Sister Lily in Black Clover, but that's not the case here. There are various occasions where Naruto's feelings for Sakura are not only taken seriously, but to further demonstrate his virtue, his nindo and his determination. I fail to see why Naruto's stated love for Sakura is simply treated like an afterthought by a lot of fans (and I'm not just talking about the people with pairing goggles on 24/7 or intellectually dishonest hacks at studio pierrot). 

Now you see, Naruto's feelings don't matter because he is love with a tsundere b!@#$ (her haters' words, not mine) that wouldn't give him the time of day and was not even sweet to him at the beginning and orphan shamed him behind his back. Now Detractors take TOO MUCH offence on that first impression to understand or in fact ignore that the point of the story that Naruto's journey was to "earn others' approval" even though they all looked down on him and Sakura was suppose to change her mind about him later. What pissed people off more was she was cooing and swooning over the rival, Sasuke. So sympathizers to Naruto want him to get sweet emotional revenge on Sakura by marrying a woman that is already in love with him and have Sakura crying tears of rejection when Naruto won't take her and Hinata sympathizers want her to win in love because she is not remembered for anything else, let's not pretend here. What's funny is that it never happened like that, Sakura said Naruto only loved her as a trophy wife/girlfriend against Sasuke and Naruto did not deny it. So what were people getting angry about in the first place about Sakura not returning Naruto's feelings?

Edited by Phantom_999, 05 February 2023 - 06:27 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#5 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 05 February 2023 - 06:17 PM

They are hardly even having sakura interact with Naruto in the boruto that its even hard to call them friends, the only time I saw it it was in the time travel arc where they had her beat him because he was doing the sexy jutsu only to have hinata come and defend him.

While there may be a few NaruSaku fans that want them to get together just because naruto wanted it, from what I have seen most narusaku fans are sakura fans who want them to get together because naruto is better for her and doesn't treat her like crap. Plus their dynamic is much better.  Naruto literally stated that he likes sakura in chapter 3 and and confirms to sai that he likes. Fans who hated sakura and narusaku just ignored it or diminished it like the kushina parallels, when it didn't for their agenda or narrative.

Sasusaku sakura fans just don't want to admit that the biggest reason Sakura got hated was because of her relationship to sasuke and the best thing for her is for it to not happen and move on from him, as it was never portrayed in in their self insert version of a good girl trying to rescue a bad boy. Plus they don't want to admit that having NH and SS canon has reduced Sakura's role over the years, despite warnings from other Sakura fans who did not want them to get together.

#6 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 06 February 2023 - 08:22 PM

They are hardly even having sakura interact with Naruto in the boruto that its even hard to call them friends, the only time I saw it it was in the time travel arc where they had her beat him because he was doing the sexy jutsu only to have hinata come and defend him.

While there may be a few NaruSaku fans that want them to get together just because naruto wanted it, from what I have seen most narusaku fans are sakura fans who want them to get together because naruto is better for her and doesn't treat her like crap. Plus their dynamic is much better.  Naruto literally stated that he likes sakura in chapter 3 and and confirms to sai that he likes. Fans who hated sakura and narusaku just ignored it or diminished it like the kushina parallels, when it didn't for their agenda or narrative.

Sasusaku sakura fans just don't want to admit that the biggest reason Sakura got hated was because of her relationship to sasuke and the best thing for her is for it to not happen and move on from him, as it was never portrayed in in their self insert version of a good girl trying to rescue a bad boy. Plus they don't want to admit that having NH and SS canon has reduced Sakura's role over the years, despite warnings from other Sakura fans who did not want them to get together.

Yeah, I saw that clip of Hinata defending Naruto from Sakura. That sh-t NEVER happened. Almost as bad as them making up a scene of Naruto's using shadow clones prior to chapter 1 to save Hinata (someone who was considered royalty) from bullies. It's so stupid. Same reason the POAL never gets referenced again after Sakura's confession to Naruto in the land of iron arc even though the POAL is what ignited the chain of events leading to the climax of part 1. It was not enough to keep NS from happening; they had to SCRUB away all of the blatant indicators that it was going to occur. Can't say I'm surprised Naruto and Sakura are not allowed to be around each other. I'm reminded of the greek parable of the emperor's new clothes; it only takes one voice for people to wake up and see the lie for what it is. Also explains why they decided to give Hinata Sakura's characteristics (i.e. scary mom, kicking Naruto out of the house, etc).

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#7 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 07 February 2023 - 01:42 AM

It is because SS fans who are or almost all are girls that want Sakura to get with dreamy bad boy they can fix and nH fans who are made up of guys bitter about being friend-zoned and girls who see themselves in Hinata. Want their pairing to win. So, they must focus on the character that wants that pairing the girls. Over any consideration of the guys' feelings.

Naruto's feelings' on the girls.

Sakura, was always an important person to Naruto, first as the girl he liked as stated in chapter 3. Then as one of his most important people in his life due to them acknowledging him, along with the rest of team 7 and Iruka then eventually everyone else. He clearly thinks she is cute using her a the basis to compare to other people, and admires her for her intelligence and skills constantly praising her. While also being terrified of her strength and temper. His feeling for her are so strong that he willingly devotes himself to a promise to return the one she think is in love with so she can be happy even if it cost him, his life to do so. The promise of a life time was his declaration of love towards Sakura.

Hinata was a weird girl who never talk nor look at him while they were in the academy. Due to the time they spent together during the chunin exam Naruto discovered traits he like about her, as a friend. Because they rarely interacted Naruto never caught on to her having feelings for him till she told him. He didn't know how to respond to it, so he just ignored it till he forgot about it entirely by the Last. Which is considered rude in Japanese culture.

Sasuke feeling for Sakura.

She was just another one of the annoying girls that swarmed around him during their time in the academy, didn't really know nor care for her. He disliked her from the first time they really interacted due to insulting orphans considering her an annoying person. Eventually he grew to care for her as a teammate. When he left the village she poured her heart out to him. He said thank you, which in Japan is the polite way to reject a confession, then knocked her out. Chapter 181 was not about the glory of SS but its ending of it being a possible pairing. Afterwards, Sasuke just saw her as a nuisance that kept getting in the way of his revenge that; he has no hesitation with the thought of killing her. He also thinks she is delusional as he doesn't get why she likes him and she is just living in a fantasy.

Of course these got in the way of potential profits, so they were ignored. As the characters' actual feelings make clear that Naruto and Sasuke would not want to be in the parings they ended up in if they had a choice. So people wanted those pairings ignored those feelings and focus on the ones that did.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 08 February 2023 - 03:06 AM.

#8 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,432 posts

Posted 09 February 2023 - 02:29 AM

Its a problem with writters of shonen, Kubo did same with Ichigo, skipping part where mc and his opinion actually mattered to a pairing that was only possible if you really develope it. 

#9 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 09 February 2023 - 03:20 AM

The thing about Ichigo is he is remarkably shy when it comes to the opposite sex. Think of his training for Bankai with Yoruichi, Rangiku trying to tempt him at the start the arrancar arc, the moment with Rukia's ass at the hot-springs in the soul king's palace, and Orohime's outfit during the final arc. He clearly likes hot women but tries to be prudish and avoid looking at them inappropriately. Which characters notice and like to tease him about. So, while he might like a girlfriend, his shy nature means he doesn't pursue getting one. Kon also has likely mastrubated in his body more than he has.

So it up to the girl to at least meet him half way, let's look at them:

Rukia is the heroine and so by default the love interest. However the soul society arc makes it clear. Ichigo's feelings for her are a debt of gratitude for giving him his power so he can protect the people he cares about, and she sees him as a way to atone for killing her mentor Kaien Shiba as well as letting her hair down and be herself after 40 years of trying to be the perfect noble lady. Also, its made clear that Renji has strong feelings for her, probably always loved her, and has spent the last 40 years working his way through the ranks in order to be with her again. Also when she returns during the arrancar arc she fully support Orohime getting with Ichigo.

Orohime starts the story with a recently developed crush on him, she was actually scared of him at first but grew to like him once she thought of his scowl as something funny, which slowly grows into love after he saves her life from her hollowfied brother. People around her notice she has feelings for him and support them getting together.

In the Last: The cast browbeat Naruto to get together with the most perfect woman to ever exist Goddess-Princess of the Moon Queen Hinata-Hime-Sama. While she does nothing but wait despite apparently being completely in love with him for 15-16 years and barely did anything that entire time.

For Bleach: Even in the manga people were telling Orohime to admit her feelings and go for it. Then, after the manga ended where others told Ichigo to admit he knows she likes him, admit he likes her, and go for it already.

The difference is that in Naruto the cast pushes Naruto to get with Hinata while she does nothing, while in Bleach the cast is telling both sides to get over their shyness and just get together already.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 30 October 2023 - 11:53 AM.

#10 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 10 February 2023 - 05:30 PM

Frankly I see the SS confession in 181 as a rejection on sasuke's part.

I do too, given how his "Thank you" was, and then his knocking Sakura out so he could leave undeterred by her threat to cry out for help.

#11 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 10 February 2023 - 11:00 PM

He treated her confession with indifference, let's not pretend here. If there was any INKING AT ALL that they would have been a couple all the way back then, her confession would have an effect on him on some level. He never even showed Sakura was in his thoughts on a personal level, she was just "part of the gang of team 7 he left" behind when he thinks of her, nothing more.

Edited by Phantom_999, 10 February 2023 - 11:01 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#12 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 11 February 2023 - 04:22 AM

He treated her confession with indifference, let's not pretend here. If there was any INKING AT ALL that they would have been a couple all the way back then, her confession would have an effect on him on some level. He never even showed Sakura was in his thoughts on a personal level, she was just "part of the gang of team 7 he left" behind when he thinks of her, nothing more.

He did talk to her about his desire for revenge once or twice, but it was clear he wasn't able to connect with her as he was with Naruto.

I disagree, he was hearing Sakura out and in theory, she could have swayed him to stay in the village. The tragedy is she couldn't because she based their relationship off the forehead comment, while he based it off him calling her annoying. Thus, she never really understood Sasuke or forged a genuine bond with him like Naruto was able to. Which is why he was able to break their bond and from then on just treated her as an annoyance. 

Chapter 181: What happens on each page.

Sasuke starts the chapter looking solemnly at the Team 7 photo as he understands leaving the village means abandoning/destroying the bonds he has forged with them. He faces the photo down when he leaves the room.

Now the path out of the village. Sasuke sees Sakura. Sakura is upset seeing Sasuke, and becomes even more distressed seeing he has a backpack, meaning her fears of him leaving the village are happening.

Sasuke ask why she is here this late at night. Sakura says she knew if Sasuke were to leave the village he would have to take this path. So she planned to wait there all night. Probably initially to assure herself he wasn't going to leave the village, but again she knew what is happening. Sasuke tells her to leave and go to sleep. Then he walks passed her. As he keeps walking she starts to cry.

Sakura asks if Sasuke isn't even going to say anything to her, then complains that he is always quiet and never says a word to her. Sasuke stops and tells her, He already told her. He doesn't need her help and not to look after him. Sakura stops crying but stares at the ground solemnly. After moments of thinking of something she smiles.

"No matter what she does he will hate her." Asking him to remember the day they formed the team. Clearly to show he hasn't forgiven her for the comment and is still mad at her, not loving her like before when they were about to kiss.

Sasuke lies and says he doesn't remember. Sakura is shocked and sadden. Agreeing sadly it was along time ago and things have changed since then.

Sakura openly recalls their time as team 7 with Naruto and Kakashi. The bottom page is all of them happy and smiling in their own way. We don't see Sasuke's face for most of this while he quietly listen to her talk.

Then Sakura says she enjoyed their time as team 7. This is the first time we see Sasuke face since he walked past her, he has a bitter look on his face, probably because he is being reminded of what he will lose once he commits himself to the path he chose. The panel is also drawn to show the great distance between them, despite them barely being a few feet from each other. She pauses looking at the ground sad. She tells him she knows about his past and how revenge even if he achieves it won't bring him happiness. Something Kakashi already told him. Not to him nor her. He finally talks again says he already knows. Shocking Sakura.

Sasuke gives a speech about how he is different from them, can't follow the same path, he might have been fine working as a group before, but he must walk his own path, and he is not like Naruto or Sakura. Sakura starts crying again, then she says, "Does Sasuke really want to go back to being alone? He told her about how painful it is, and she understands his pain, because even though she has friends and family if he were to leave..." He has a cold tired expression while listening to this.

"...She would be just as alone as you." Sasuke ponders this. Thinks of Naruto and Sakura happy. Is this him thinking about his two friends he is leaving or that Sakura will still have Naruto...maybe both. Then he says they all begin new paths from here on out. Sakura shocked and desperate because she is running out of arguments builds up the courage to confess to him.

She promises him if he were to stay there would be no regrets, they do something fun every day, be happy, she would do anything for him, she would even help him with his revenge if he just stayed with her. We are back to seeing Sasuke back as he quietly listens. Then she adds if he won't stay then take her with him.

He then calls her annoying in a full page spread. He finally turns around to face her. I see this both as a rejection of both her confession and her offers as well as showing how far their relationship developed. She went from disgusting him to a friend he is teasing.

She is shocked. He clearly sees the conversation as over, she is not a threat with nothing left to say or offer, and so he keeps on walking. Sakura begs him not to leave if he does she will scream. Sasuke gets behind her.

Thanks her. Then knocks her out, and then puts her on the bench as a last act of kindness and friendship.

If anyone else wants to try a swing at the chapter go at it. But that's what I re-read just now.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 13 February 2023 - 06:51 AM.

#13 Therece

Therece

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 25 April 2023 - 06:10 AM

NS fandom had Hardcore Naruto fans too who wanted to see Naruto gaining Sakura's love as ultimate victory against Sasuke.SS fans loves Sasuke and only wanted to see Sakura with him while most of the NS fans hates Sasuke to favor Naruto. This explain why SS fandom never was friendly with NS fans and preferred to side with NH fans to remove Naruto from SS way

Sakura is hated in the West for prefer Sasuke over Naruto because some fanboys self inserts in Naruto and hates how Sasuke was the center of attentions and consecutively how Sakura was the female representation of that with her love to him, unlike Hinata who only exists to praise Naruto and had a more cute personality and bigger boobs. The bitterness comes because Sakura was a main character while Hinata just a side Character.

But in Japan Sakura received much more hate for that Fake confession when she attempted to abandon Sasuke.

The 469 chapter bad reception was crucial to Kishi kill NS and prefer SS.  Kishimoto even tried to explain that Sakura was a Honest girl in the moment. But it was useless, the damage was too big.

SS still could be saved with Sasuke's redemption.

Thats why you have the entire Bad Woman Sakura for abandoning Sasuke in another Kishimoto Interview.

In Japan, unconditional love is looked very highly and Sasuke was their fav. No wonder why Sakura recovered and boomed her popularity after the ending. Sakura simply destroyed Hinata in Narutop99. Especially in Japan.

Plus she isn't a threat to Hinata/NH anymore and she never gave a single punch against Naruto after the Ending. This helped Sakura to lose a massive amount of haters.

Sakura had Sarada Gaiden, novels, Side Mangas and massive merchs in japan. Hinata just have The Last (The Last was very poorly rated compared to the Manga SS Ending and novels in Japan) and is a depressive HouseWife who have 0% importance in Boruto. So Sakura Fans from SS side didn't think Sakura lost any importance.  They are Happier than ever and mocking Hinata for marrying Naruto, NH lack of popularity/merch and the Genjutsu thing  in the  SS X NH wars.

Sakura is the true definition of a  polarizing Character. She is basically 50/50.
She is loved by SS fans, Sasuke fans, girls and loved in Japan while is hated by Naruto Fans, incels, Hinata fans and receives more hate in the west side.

Even with an NS ending. Sakura would still receive  hate for stealing Naruto from Hinata, falling in love with Naruto only when he becamed Hero/Famous and abandoning Sasuke. Basically the same reasons from chapter 469.

Considering Pierrot still would made Sakura punchs Naruto every time in the Anime, receive the same treatment Ikemoto gives to Hinata in his manga and become a doormat HouseWife with a Brat who disrespects  her and Naruto. The hate would even more massive. So the best thing for  Sakura would be  ended up alone and even with that Haters still will hates or mock her for that.

Edited by Therece, 26 April 2023 - 05:09 AM.

#14 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 26 April 2023 - 01:10 AM

NS fandom had Hardcore Naruto fans too who wanted to see Naruto gaining Sakura's love as ultimate victory against Sasuke.SS fans loves Sasuke and only wanted to see Sakura with him while most of the NS fans hates Sasuke to favor Naruto. This explain why SS fandom never was friendly with NS fans and preferred to side with NH fans to remove Naruto from SS way

Sakura is hated in the West for prefer Sasuke over Naruto because some fanboys self inserts in Naruto and hates how Sasuke was the center of attentions and consecutively how Sakura was the female representation of that with her love to him, unlike Hinata who only exists to praise Naruto and had a more cute personality and bigger boobs. The bitterness comes because Sakura was a main character while Hinata just a side Character.

But in Japan Sakura received much more hate for that Fake confession when she attempted to abandon Sasuke.

The 469 chapter bad reception was crucial to Kishi kill NS and prefer SS.  Kishimoto even tried to explain that Sakura was a Honest girl in the moment. But it was useless, the damage was too big.

SS still could be saved with Sasuke's redemption.

Thats why you have the entire Bad Woman Sakura for abandoning Sasuke in another Kishimoto Interview.

In Japan, unconditional love is looked very highly and Sasuke was their fav. No wonder why Sakura recovered and boomed her popularity after the ending. Sakura simply destroyed Hinata in Narutop99. Especially in Japan.

Plus she isn't a threat to Hinata/NH anymore and she never gave a single punch against Naruto after the Ending. This helped Sakura to lose a massive amount of haters.

Sakura had Sarada Gaiden, novels, Side Mangas and massive merchs in japan. Hinata just have The Last (The Last was very poorly rated compared to the Manga SS Ending and novels in Japan) and is a depressive HouseWife who have 0% importance in Boruto. So Sakura Fans from SS side didn't think Sakura lost any importance.  They are Happier than ever and mocking Hinata for marrying Naruto, NH lack of popularity/merch and the Genjutsu thing  in the  SS X NH wars.

Sakura is the true definition of a  polarizing Character. She is basically 50/50.
She is loved by SS fans, Sasuke fans, girls and loved in Japan while is hated by Naruto Fans, incels, Hinata fans and receives more hate in the west side.

Even with an NS ending. Sakura would still receive  hate for stealing Naruto from Hinata, falling in love with Naruto only when he becamed Hero/Famous and abandoning Sasuke. Basically the same reasons from chapter 469.

Considering Pierrot still would made Sakura punchs Naruto every time in the Anime, receive the same treatment Ikemoto gives to Hinata in his manga and become a doormat HouseWife with a Brat who disrespects  her and Naruto. The hate would even more massive. So the best thing for  Sakura would be  ended up alone and even with that Haters still will hates or mock her for that.

NS fandom had Hardcore Naruto fans too who wanted to see Naruto gaining Sakura's love as ultimate victory against Sasuke. SS fandom never was friendly with NS fans and preferred to side with NH fans to remove Naruto from SS way.
SS fans loves Sasuke and only wanted to see Sakura with him while most of the NS fans hates Sasuke to favor Naruto.

Yes you did have some naruto fans like that, but most ship ns because of how well naruto treats sakura and dislike how sasuke treated her especially in part 2. SS and sasuke fans aren't saints in this as I have seen many trash naruto's character. That alliance was foolish as NH/hinata fans constantly trashed on Sakura.

Yeah you described most shallow male fans, doesn't change my point of self insert ss fans. Sakura had every right to move on from sasuke given how he was behaving, no redemption of sasuke can save ss after trying to kill her. The bad women quote was disgusting, the high unconditional love is no excuse and does not work when sasuke never gave a dang about especially with 693. At least the confession can be addressed and fixed later if you put in the effort. 

Sakura punching naruto is a tsundere trope very common in Japan, plus sakura rarely did it in the manga it was only exaggerated in the anime. then they are fooling themselves, because she has barely appeared in the main spin off and only a few more novel appearances over hinata one which the author I hear said it was fan fiction.

Yeah I know that her character was controversial regardless of what happens because of how toxic this fandom is, its why kishimoto should have stuck to his guns and make ns canon and actually involved her more in the plot. I wouldn't say all sasuke fans like sakura , I have seen plenty hate her because they feel sasuke is too good for her or prefer him with someone else like naruto if they are a narusasu shipper. 

So what you were always going to get that from thenh shippers if narusaku became canon, heck many even see sakura reasons for liking sasuke as shallow because he was good looking and popular and kikittenmoto said himself he can think of no reason why sakura likes sasuke. It's clear that sakura fell for naruto because he was always there for her and supporting her, not because he famous heck she supported his dream of hokage way long before it could happen. 

That more of the studio's problem which they of should have been told to stop doing that. Also while that is the case with hinata, sakura is hardly better off being reduced to a fangirl. Perhaps it would be better if she was single, same with every other character not just her and have an open end or multiverse.

you already stated that and have already said that is a few as most narusaku fans are sakura fans who like the character and think she is better with naruto than sasuke as well as the state of that alliance which now fights eachother. 

#15 Therece

Therece

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 26 April 2023 - 05:40 AM

Yes you did have some naruto fans like that, but most ship ns because of how well naruto treats sakura and dislike how sasuke treated her especially in part 2. SS and sasuke fans aren't saints in this as I have seen many trash naruto's character. That alliance was foolish as NH/hinata fans constantly trashed on Sakura.

You still had Sakura's haters who hates on her just because was fun and they didn't cared about pairings.

But true NH fans were well aware of NaruSaku danger so they needed SasuSaku to remove Sakura from NaruHina way too just like SS fans needed Hinata. Back in the day both SS/NH had NaruSaku as a enemy in common for obvious reasons.
Doesnt make any sense SS x NH at the time. So fans of both pairings tended to team up to argument against NS.

As soon the final pairings got resolved and canon. Insecure NH fans created a new "pairing wars" to see what girl or pairing is better.

This is the main trigger who put SS fandom against NH. Now SS fandom hates Hinata just like NS fandom used to hate her...

I still remember that Lulaneko from Tumblr. He always used SS in his Anti NS arguments. But after the ending he started to attack Sakura and SS.

Yeah I know that her character was controversial regardless of what happens because of how toxic this fandom is, its why kishimoto should have stuck to his guns and make ns canon and actually involved her more in the plot. I wouldn't say all sasuke fans like sakura , I have seen plenty hate her because they feel sasuke is too good for her or prefer him with someone else like naruto if they are a narusasu shipper.

Considering Sakura/Sarada are the only good thing about Sasuke's character in Boruto era.

Hardly any male Sasuke fan will hates on her. Big Sasuke pages and fans in others forums are posting SS and defeding Sakura these days. In Narutotop99 most of the Sasuke fans votes went to Sakura when she creeped into the number 3. Just like others fans abandoned their favs to vote in Minato.

At least i saw a lot of Sasuke's avatars voting for Sakura in narutop99 official tag.

It's  hard to distinguish a SS fan since they are using either a Sasuke or Sakura avatar.

You still have the incel NaruSasu shippers. But they are very small in these days.

Also i find ridiculous how NaruSasu shippers prefers to hate on Sakura because she got Sasuke than Hinata... Again because Sakura was the main girl and hates on her is funny.

The bad women quote was disgusting, the high unconditional love is no excuse and does not work when sasuke never gave a dang about especially with 693. At least the confession can be addressed and fixed later if you put in the effort.

The 693 Chapter was really trick. Kishimoto showed Sasuke has at least a minimal care to Sakura with 685.

NS fandom creeped out with 685 chapter at the time...This chapter was the SS version of NH handholding.

Sasuke x Naruto was the biggest fight in the manga. The fight  simply makes no sense with Sasuke loving Sakura or recognizing Sakura before Naruto. Kishi wanted to make Sasuke reject Sakura but at the same time Sakura wans't aware of that. She was unconcious.  So she didn't hear anything. She still had that fantasy from 181 when the good Sasuke thanked her declaration and put her in the bench.  So Sasuke just needed gave up his revolution crazy plan after his fight to Naruto to accept Sakura.

Kishimoto reafirmed Sakura's love again at 693..In that point to justify a NaruSaku ending Kishimoto needed a redeemed and good Sasuke rejecting Sakura and pushing her to Naruto..
Naruto declaring her love and rejecting Hinata.
Hinata can't have the same destiny as Ino or Karui who had random marriages.
She was a very popular side character who Kishimoto wasted a entire chapter in her love declaration who was very well received compared to the Sakura's fake confession.

NS was too much complex for a Shonen manga at this point. He and Sakura already received a lot of hate  from 469. I can undertand why Kishimoto and his Editors sold out for SS/NH.

He made a too complex love triangle and in the end was overwhelmed by them...

Edited by Therece, 26 April 2023 - 06:45 AM.

#16 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 26 April 2023 - 11:56 PM

You still had Sakura's haters who hates on her just because was fun and they didn't cared about pairings.
But true NH fans were well aware of NaruSaku danger so they needed SasuSaku to remove Sakura from NaruHina way too just like SS fans needed Hinata. Back in the day both SS/NH had NaruSaku as a enemy in common for obvious reasons.
Doesnt make any sense SS x NH at the time. So fans of both pairings tended to team up to argument against NS.

As soon the final pairings got resolved and canon. Insecure NH fans created a new "pairing wars" to see what girl or pairing is better.
This is the main trigger who put SS fandom against NH. Now SS fandom hates Hinata just like NS fandom used to hate her...

I still remember that Lulaneko from Tumblr. He always used SS in his Anti NS arguments. But after the ending he started to attack Sakura and SS.

Considering Sakura/Sarada are the only good thing about Sasuke's character in Boruto era.
Hardly any male Sasuke fan will hates on her. Big Sasuke pages and fans in others forums are posting SS and defeding Sakura these days. In Narutotop99 most of the Sasuke fans votes went to Sakura when she creeped into the number 3. Just like others fans abandoned their favs to vote in Minato.

At least i saw a lot of Sasuke's avatars voting for Sakura in narutop99 official tag.
It's  hard to distinguish a SS fan since they are using either a Sasuke or Sakura avatar.

You still have the incel NaruSasu shippers. But they are very small in these days.
Also i find ridiculous how NaruSasu shippers prefers to hate on Sakura because she got Sasuke than Hinata... Again because Sakura was the main girl and hates on her is funny.

The 693 Chapter was really trick. Kishimoto showed Sasuke has at least a minimal care to Sakura with 685.
NS fandom creeped out with 685 chapter at the time...This chapter was the SS version of NH handholding.

Sasuke x Naruto was the biggest fight in the manga. The fight  simply makes no sense with Sasuke loving Sakura or recognizing Sakura before Naruto. Kishi wanted to make Sasuke reject Sakura but at the same time Sakura wans't aware of that. She was unconcious.  So she didn't hear anything. She still had that fantasy from 181 when the good Sasuke thanked her declaration and put her in the bench.  So Sasuke just needed gave up his revolution crazy plan after his fight to Naruto to accept Sakura.

Kishimoto reafirmed Sakura's love again at 693..In that point to justify a NaruSaku ending Kishimoto needed a redeemed and good Sasuke rejecting Sakura and pushing her to Naruto..
Naruto declaring her love and rejecting Hinata.
Hinata can't have the same destiny as Ino or Karui who had random marriages.
She was a very popular side character who Kishimoto wasted a entire chapter in her love declaration who was very well received compared to the Sakura's fake confession.

NS was too much complex for a Shonen manga at this point. He and Sakura already received a lot of hate  from 469. I can undertand why Kishimoto and his Editors sold out for SS/NH.
He made a too complex love triangle and in the end was overwhelmed by them...

Yeah I know that and all the more reason kishimoto should of ignored the Haters, if they aren't going to be pleaded no matter ignore them.

Nh fans didn't necessarily needed ss to happen to make nh canon, they could have easily had their ship canon without ss and just have sakura and sasuke with someone else each.

Same with ss for nh and given shippers like Lulaneko they should of known long term it wasn't going to work. This is why you never had ns fans make any official alliance with other ships to bash nh and ss.

Then those are more likely newer fans, because alot of old school sasuke fans did not like her and her obsession with sasuke. Also some only like her because she is with him and wouldn't care about her if she wasn't, heck some might just only like sadara and not care who her mother is.

Sadara if you ask me is overrated as a character who had one volume centred her which she is pretty critical of her supposed family dynamic. Plus frankly sasuke spends more time with boruto and naruto than his own family.

They Probably hate on any girl that gets with sasuke, I doubt in exclusive. Heck I have seen them bash hinata as well.

The narusaku fandom didn't creep out at 685, we just saw it as cringed forced ss scene that does not justify the ship or make amends. Especially after 693, there is no exuses after that.

I don't give a dang what his reasons were, he put her in a genjustu thinking he stabbed her. Heck he openly states he has no reason to love her, so them being in a relationshipafter that. I don't care how nostalgic sakura is for 181 that looks more like a rejection and should learn to move on and execpt that sasuke is not the guy she think he is.

She could have easily had a talk with sasuke telling her she actually likes naruto or with kakashi at that moment during the on what to do and have kakahi asking who she actually Happy and thinks naruto like the jiriaya novel.

http://www.narusaku....showtopic=14994

Hinata is a minor side character, kishimoto has no idea why she was so aprantly popular. The fact that he ignored the confession is very telling that he didn't see it as a big deal. So he could have easily had move on to some random guy or no one at all.

Narusaku isn't that complex, it the standard tsundere that at first dislikes the main protagonists only to fall for later. Only has a thing for the rival first and needs to move, which they were signs of that being the case. 469 did not change that and could have easily been addressed, if Kishimoto did not cafe into his editors with their hinata agenda and the franchise wouldn't be in the sorry state that it is now. Nor his reputation as a mangaka given how samurai 8 was cancelled in less than a year.

#17 Therece

Therece

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 27 April 2023 - 07:46 PM

This is why you never had ns fans make any official alliance with other ships to bash nh and ss.

Well NS fandom had the SasuKarin fans.

Many NaruSaku fans liked to sideship SasuKarin. Inside this forum you had SasuKarin defenders at the time. Even recognizing SasuKarin was much more kittened up than SS and Karin hardly has any redeeming quality.  But since this fanbase is too small and nobody cares about Karin. (She didn't even enter in the TOP 50 and was the less popular Uzumaki acording to Narutop99)

SK alliance was almost like nothing...

Thats why a Sasuke x Hinata would be a much better and famous pairing against NaruHina. Hinata fans who hates Sakura would adore this pairing. Hinata fans simply adored the  little interaction with Sasuke and Hinata in Boruto Movie and Bonds.

You would have the same war inside the Hinata fandom like you had in the Sakura fandom with SS X NS...

Sasuke and Hinata are very  famous and even can suparss NaruSaku. So Kishimoto neither will have the problem with Hinata marrying a random guy...

Edited by Therece, 27 April 2023 - 07:51 PM.

#18 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 27 April 2023 - 11:27 PM

Well NS fandom had the SasuKarin fans.
Many NaruSaku fans liked to sideship SasuKarin. Inside this forum you had SasuKarin defenders at the time. Even recognizing SasuKarin was much more kittened up than SS and Karin hardly has any redeeming quality.  But since this fanbase is too small and nobody cares about Karin. (She didn't even enter in the TOP 50 and was the less popular Uzumaki acording to Narutop99)
SK alliance was almost like nothing...

Thats why a Sasuke x Hinata would be a much better and famous pairing against NaruHina. Hinata fans who hates Sakura would adore this pairing. Hinata fans simply adored the  little interaction with Sasuke and Hinata in Boruto Movie and Bonds.
You would have the same war inside the Hinata fandom like you had in the Sakura fandom with SS X NS...
Sasuke and Hinata are very  famous and even can suparss NaruSaku. So Kishimoto neither will have the problem with Hinata marrying a random guy...

There was never a formal alliance with sk fans, yes you had some ship it and interact with the shippers for various reasons. Some because they liked karin's interactions with, sasuke particularly how she willing to speak her mind to him something sakura could never do for herself.

Other because of the story reasosns that made sense thier past history, them being both survivers of their clan's and the thematic sense of uniting the the two side of the uhchia vs senju/uzumaki conflict.

While sasuke karin had a few bad moments in the kage summit, sakura has them way more and even worse in some cases. Which is why you have some narutsaku prefer not to ship sasuke with any named character or anyone at all.

Sasuhina won't change that, because it is a crack ship. That one filler scene in bonds is just sasuke telling her to get lost.We not going to make an alliance with hinata fans who hate sakura just to get rid of ship we are against.

The size and popularity of her fandom does not matter, because that's what got us in this sorry to begin with. There is no story reason for this to happen, so Kishimoto would of been better of paring her with one of the other cast of characters we or some random guy.

#19 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

The One True Demi-Goddess of Misfortune

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, things, people.

https://twitter.com/Huldra_Nix

Posted 04 May 2023 - 02:32 PM

In a discussion in another thread here, the point was made that Hinata had stated her love for Naruto and Sakura had stated her love for Sasuke, so Kishimoto had no choice but to let Hinata get with Naruto and Sakura with Sasuke. The user who made this argument is entitled to his opinion, but I have seen this argument made so many times over the years, that I figured it warranted its own thread. Every single time people bring this up, they never appear to acknowledge Naruto's own stated feelings.

I fail to see why Naruto's stated love for Sakura is simply treated like an afterthought by a lot of fans (and I'm not just talking about the people with pairing goggles on 24/7 or intellectually dishonest hacks at studio pierrot). 

Simple reason; Hinata and Sakura are women, therefore their feelings are given more weight. 

It'd be wrong and CREEPY of Naruto to force his feelings on Sakura but its okay for her to do so to Sasuke and for Hinata to stalk Naruto because by and large, the two genders have different rules. It sucks but that does seem to be the case. 

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611991db478fd57f4321b
                                         Pls shame me for procrastinating.  :argh: 

#20 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 07 May 2023 - 11:29 PM

Simple reason; Hinata and Sakura are women, therefore their feelings are given more weight. 

It'd be wrong and CREEPY of Naruto to force his feelings on Sakura but its okay for her to do so to Sasuke and for Hinata to stalk Naruto because by and large, the two genders have different rules. It sucks but that does seem to be the case. 

It almost felt like a rebuke of this mentality when kishi went with obito and rin even though rin was in love with kakashi her feelings were insignificant next to the power of obito's (sorry the star wars day hasn't worn off). Also I don't think Kishi really wanted this outcome (nh and ss) since it isn't the outcome in dragon quest: dai no daibouken which i highly suspect kishimoto based the whole love triangle (love square? Trapezoid?) on

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)