756 replies to this topic

#721 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 03:20 PM

Hinata is so pathetic that she would just copy Ino, yeah.

Just goes to show that Hinata should have died at the Pain fight. Considering she screws up the pairings that make sense so severely. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that was Kishimoto's original intent that she die then.

#722 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 04:53 PM

Hinata is so pathetic that she would just copy Ino, yeah.

I can just see that type of scenario - the two doing it and Hinatatas saying/yelling out Naruto's name instead of Kiba's and screwing it all up, lol.

2e5.gif

#723 RidiculouslyBored

RidiculouslyBored

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, games, literature (Harry Potter will always hold a special place in my heart), ice cream, strawberry cheesecake, sports (Tom Brady, Russell Westbrook, Dwyane Wade, Kobe Bryant are my favorite athletes)

Posted 31 March 2018 - 08:30 PM

The only "drama" would be whatever is manufactured by her base, but otherwise, in a "realistic" scenario, Hinatatas would probably end up with Kiba. Whether it be because she truly moves on or simply because Kiba is the most similar to Naruto and so she simply strings Kiba along and uses him as a substitute for Naruto, I leave to the imagination.

My inner shipper is triggered.

I disagree majorly with this. I don't understand why everyone compares Kiba to Naruto when their similarities are few and far between. They're both mainly extroverted, yes, but he is not remotely similar to Naruto. People really need to quit using pre time skip presets as templates for these characters. What is so wrong with Lee, Chouji, or Shino that they can't be placed with any kunoichi? The pairings might not be the sexiest but Naruto overall isn't just Team Seven and the Uchihas, contrary to the fanon's rabid obsession with them

Lee is the most similar to Naruto and from a writing aspect, LeeHina makes perfect sense and works ridiculously well. THAT is the pairing (besides NaruSaku) that was sitting right there on a silver platter. The Neji tie in, Lee's desire to beat said Hyuuga, his self proclaimed rival (a la Naruto and Sasuke), the taijutsu niche...

Personality wise, it should be obvious that Lee is the best fit for Hinata if we're talking who is MOST similar to Naruto. The "loser" who busted his behind and through hard work, determination, and sheer will became one of the shining stars of Konoha and a splendid shinobi...sound familiar?

Sorry for the mini rant but reading fanfics and seeing the same pairing over and over of KibaHina whenever I come across a NaruSaku tale grates my nerves. Shino, Chouji, and Lee aren't bad guys at all and shouldn't just be tossed to the side like mere annoyances and KibaHina shouldn't just be paired because you need her out of the way.

I might have to come out of retirement and make a NaruSaku fic with a dash of LeeHina. Ugh.

Edited by RidiculouslyBored, 01 April 2018 - 11:22 PM.

#724 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 09:54 PM

Sorry for the mini rant but reading fanfics and seeing the same pairing over and over of KibaHina whenever I come across a NaruSaku tale grates my nerves. Shino, Chouji, and Lee aren't bad guys at all and shouldn't just be tossed to the side like mere annoyances and KibaHina shouldn't just be paired because you need her out of the way.

It's honestly kinda comical. It's as if Hinata has some kind of supernatural ability to know when she is supposed to be with Kiba.

Naruto: Sakura-chan, I know you'll always love Sasuke, but I have to tell you anyway. I l...

Sakura: What are you talking about, Naruto? I don't love him anymore.

Over at the Hyuga compound:

Hinata: What's this?! I was just sitting down for lunch, and suddenly, I don't love Naruto-kun anymore. Not only that, but I love Kiba now. How could this happen? Well, no sense questioning it.

Naruto and Sakura finished their conversation and are walking around the village.

Sakura: It's great that we're together now, Naruto. But what about Hinata? She's probably going to feel bad about this.

Naruto: Don't worry about it. I'm pretty sure she's with Kiba now.

Sakura: Wow, that's convenient. But how did she end up with him all of a sudden? And why? That doesn't make any sense.

Naruto: The author didn't feel like writing anyone other than you and me.

Sakura: Oh.

#725 RidiculouslyBored

RidiculouslyBored

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, games, literature (Harry Potter will always hold a special place in my heart), ice cream, strawberry cheesecake, sports (Tom Brady, Russell Westbrook, Dwyane Wade, Kobe Bryant are my favorite athletes)

Posted 31 March 2018 - 10:31 PM

It's honestly kinda comical. It's as if Hinata has some kind of supernatural ability to know when she is supposed to be with Kiba.

Naruto: Sakura-chan, I know you'll always love Sasuke, but I have to tell you anyway. I l...

Hinata: What's this?! I was just sitting down for lunch, and suddenly, I don't love Naruto-kun anymore. Not only that, but I love Kiba now. How could this happen? Well, no sense questioning it.

Naruto and Sakura finished their conversation and are walking around the village.

Sakura: It's great that we're together now, Naruto. But what about Hinata? She's probably going to feel bad about this.
Sakura: Wow, that's convenient. But how did she end up with him all of a sudden? And why? That doesn't make any sense.

You don't know how hard I laughed at this.

#726 griff142

griff142

Member of Kishi's execution squad

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Interests:I love anime. I am also a football geek and video game nerd.

Posted 31 March 2018 - 10:48 PM

Well they were teammates and have spent alot of time together along with Shino and he is strong headed and loud and he could be the assertive one in the relationship that Hinata would need. So I don't thinl it is that far fetched but I do see you guy's points though.

#727 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 10:56 PM

Well they were teammates and have spent alot of time together along with Shino and he is strong headed and loud and he could be the assertive one in the relationship that Hinata would need. So I don't thinl it is that far fetched but I do see you guy's points though.

It's fine, but they just toss her to Kiba with no explanation. Probably because they don't want to write about Hinata getting hurt, or something. But it makes no sense to have Hinata stop loving Naruto just because he's with Sakura. Though it made even less sense that Naruto would love Hinata just because Hinata had feelings for him, so it's understandable if that's the level of rationality we have to live up to.

#728 griff142

griff142

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 11:48 PM

It's fine, but they just toss her to Kiba with no explanation. Probably because they don't want to write about Hinata getting hurt, or something. But it makes no sense to have Hinata stop loving Naruto just because he's with Sakura. Though it made even less sense that Naruto would love Hinata just because Hinata had feelings for him, so it's understandable if that's the level of rationality we have to live up to.

I wouldn't consider it love because I always saw it alot like Sakura's infatuation with Sasuke because she never really knew it him and it was obsessive and I wouldn't be surprised if we already had this discussion before. So I would have Hinata get over the crush quickly, probably early part 2 so could avoid the crap we would endure later on.

I consider Kibhina alot like nejiten or leeten because they never really were romantically involved but you can see the same thing happen because they are teammates as well.

Edited by griff142, 01 April 2018 - 12:05 AM.

#729 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 11:54 PM

I wouldn't consider it love because I always saw it alot like Sakura's infatuation with Sasuke because she never really knew it him and it was obsessive and I wouldn't be surprised if we already had this discussion before.

It's moot because it's not like she could, or would, instantly drop this infatuation either.

But the sad truth is that it was love, based off of authorial intent. It would have been very easy to call Sakura and Hinata's first loves what they were, which were shallow infatuations. But in the Land of Iron arc, he made the absolutely execrable decision of treating Sakura's feelings seriously. And the pathetic ending means that Hinata's feelings are being treated seriously as well. So due to the disgraceful authorial intent, your impression has to be wrong. Because he didn't want these characters to be realistic or good, I guess? He certainly didn't want them to be happy.

Edited by DrK, 31 March 2018 - 11:56 PM.

#730 griff142

griff142

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 12:16 AM

It's moot because it's not like she could, or would, instantly drop this infatuation either.

But the sad truth is that it was love, based off of authorial intent. It would have been very easy to call Sakura and Hinata's first loves what they were, which were shallow infatuations. But in the Land of Iron arc, he made the absolutely execrable decision of treating Sakura's feelings seriously. And the pathetic ending means that Hinata's feelings are being treated seriously as well. So due to the disgraceful authorial intent, your impression has to be wrong. Because he didn't want these characters to be realistic or good, I guess? He certainly didn't want them to be happy.

Maybe to him I was wrong but I know kitten when I see it. He can lie to us but he can live the rest of his life knowing that he destroyed his baby

#731 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 07:05 PM

That is the rationality. It doesn't make it a good one though, nor one that we have to accept because we ALL KNOW it is @$$ $#!% Naruto falling for Hinata at the expense of the story's themes and literary integrity makes this series the worst literature ever. End of story :superior:  Even if the the same thing were to happen were Naruto were to marry Sakura, you can't claim that Naruto's relationship with Sakura would ruin the entire franchise since their romantic inclination was there since the start. Only the Hinata Hyuga Cult would ever have the gall to claim that

I wouldn't consider it love because I always saw it alot like Sakura's infatuation with Sasuke because she never really knew it him and it was obsessive and I wouldn't be surprised if we already had this discussion before. So I would have Hinata get over the crush quickly, probably early part 2 so could avoid the crap we would endure later on.

I consider Kibhina alot like nejiten or leeten because they never really were romantically involved but you can see the same thing happen because they are teammates as well.

It IS an infatuation. the marriages between NH and SS are all about only infatuation and happen out of pure physical attraction escapism a la "Romeo and Juliet". THAT IS WHY they are so dysfunctional and wreak out of control consequences for the series as a whole. Just like how Romeo and Juliet's secret marriage cause devastating consequences for both their families and get several killed or indirectly causes their deaths

Edited by Phantom_999, 02 April 2018 - 07:21 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#732 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 12:41 AM

I wish Kiba had been on Team 7 instead of Sasuke. Kiba would have been a great sidekick for Naruto. And Sakura would not have been contaminated so horribly. Naruto and Sasuke wouldn't have to be on the same team to be rivals, either. He could still have been central. If Sakura is like Kiba, then they should both be on the same team, right?

#733 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 12:55 AM

I wish Kiba had been on Team 7 instead of Sasuke. Kiba would have been a great sidekick for Naruto. And Sakura would not have been contaminated so horribly. Naruto and Sasuke wouldn't have to be on the same team to be rivals, either. He could still have been central. If Sakura is like Kiba, then they should both be on the same team, right?

Yeah, the whole 3 ninja system was kind of pointless to me. They should have had it so it was a random number of assigned ninjas on a mission.You could have some of the side characters working with Naruto on missions. Also have them go from teacher to teacher.

Edited by jak123, 03 April 2018 - 12:55 AM.

#734 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 01:03 AM

Yeah, the whole 3 ninja system was kind of pointless to me. They should have had it so it was a random number of assigned ninjas on a mission.You could have some of the side characters working with Naruto on missions. Also have them go from teacher to teacher.

Naruto had to bribe Asuma just to learn about his element which is an absolutely essential thing for most ninja to know about. God, it's frustrating how all this stuff was set up perfectly to ruin Naruto and Sakura's lives.

#735 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 01:53 AM

Naruto had to bribe Asuma just to learn about his element which is an absolutely essential thing for most ninja to know about. God, it's frustrating how all this stuff was set up perfectly to ruin Naruto and Sakura's lives.

I mean sticking to one teacher wouldn't bring out their full potential. Aside from Kakashi teaching Sasuke a bit, they all had to go to other people to teach them to bring out their full potentials.

#736 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 03 April 2018 - 02:22 AM

I said that too awhile back. The rivalry between Naruto and Kiba will bring the analogy of fox/dog attributes. Though, Kiba shouldn't be a sidekick. That role supposed to went to Konohamaru. Even Lee has the qualities of one way back in Part 1.

There are a couple of problems if Kiba was a main character. One of them is the Sannin Parallel, we have the toad, slug and snake. We already knew that with Jiraiya, Orochimaru and Tsunade as a team. If Sasuke was omitted, this parallel would not make sense in context.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#737 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 09:06 AM

While teamwork is important, I feel Konoha (and even the story as a whole), just like I was saying about various individuals, just lacked decent overall balance. It was either VERY specialized squads where every single member was one who had an ability that worked best towards the workings of that squad (rather than making sure the teams themselves were all well-balanced), or individuals that are constantly alone because they're just (supposedly) that strong. The Chunin Exams even made examples of several Genin in that regard.

Tenten vs. Temari being a big one. Normally, Tenten would obviously be the long-range fighter while Neji and Lee covered her by engaging opponents up close and keeping them away from her and/or using abilities on her while she attacks with her weapons, but in a one-on-one match against an opponent like Temari, who could easily and completely counter her fighting style due to her fan, Tenten was helpless due to having nothing else to fall back on besides most likely the most basic of ninja skills and so was easily defeated. And just when you thought Temari might have a similar weakness, she demonstrates that she can use her fan as a weapon or shield against direct attacks on her person when she blocked Lee's kick. At least with what little we saw of Tenten fighting in part two, it showed that she at least learned to actually wield her weapons rather than solely throwing them from a distance, allowing her to compensate for that weakness when Neji and/or Lee aren't around.

Or even Sakura vs. Ino demonstrated how, under normal circumstances, Ino's clan jutsu, while usually effective if it works, also relied very heavily on the Nara Clan's shadow techniques or something to keep an opponent in place so it can make contact or else her physical body is left wide open in the meantime, but at least Ino was smart enough to know this and so came up with that trap using her hair, even if she showed she really had nothing else at the time.

And ones like Naruto and Sasuke are largely power, power, and more power, with a little bit of strategy with Sasuke (sometimes) while Naruto ends up using Kurama's chakra as a crutch the whole time and nothing else to really fall back on.

2e5.gif

#738 griff142

griff142

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 01:44 PM

While teamwork is important, I feel Konoha (and even the story as a whole), just like I was saying about various individuals, just lacked decent overall balance. It was either VERY specialized squads where every single member was one who had an ability that worked best towards the workings of that squad (rather than making sure the teams themselves were all well-balanced), or individuals that are constantly alone because they're just (supposedly) that strong. The Chunin Exams even made examples of several Genin in that regard.
Tenten vs. Temari being a big one. Normally, Tenten would obviously be the long-range fighter while Neji and Lee covered her by engaging opponents up close and keeping them away from her and/or using abilities on her while she attacks with her weapons, but in a one-on-one match against an opponent like Temari, who could easily and completely counter her fighting style due to her fan, Tenten was helpless due to having nothing else to fall back on besides most likely the most basic of ninja skills and so was easily defeated. And just when you thought Temari might have a similar weakness, she demonstrates that she can use her fan as a weapon or shield against direct attacks on her person when she blocked Lee's kick. At least with what little we saw of Tenten fighting in part two, it showed that she at least learned to actually wield her weapons rather than solely throwing them from a distance, allowing her to compensate for that weakness when Neji and/or Lee aren't around.
Or even Sakura vs. Ino demonstrated how, under normal circumstances, Ino's clan jutsu, while usually effective if it works, also relied very heavily on the Nara Clan's shadow techniques or something to keep an opponent in place so it can make contact or else her physical body is left wide open in the meantime, but at least Ino was smart enough to know this and so came up with that trap using her hair, even if she showed she really had nothing else at the time.
And ones like Naruto and Sasuke are largely power, power, and more power, with a little bit of strategy with Sasuke (sometimes) while Naruto ends up using Kurama's chakra as a crutch the whole time and nothing else to really fall back on.

Exactly, after awhile the characters started to get away from using their skills and ninja training to strictly power. Sasuke and Naruto are prime examples because their strategies never change and anytime they were forced in a corner, they didn't have to use a specific strategy to get out of their situation. They usually got a power up. I said this before and I will sat it again. Naruto is DBZ with ninjas. Sasuke and Naruto are Vegeta and Goku, while most of the ninja are Yamcha.

#739 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 04:43 PM

Exactly, after awhile the characters started to get away from using their skills and ninja training to strictly power. Sasuke and Naruto are prime examples because their strategies never change and anytime they were forced in a corner, they didn't have to use a specific strategy to get out of their situation. They usually got a power up. I said this before and I will sat it again. Naruto is DBZ with ninjas. Sasuke and Naruto are Vegeta and Goku, while most of the ninja are Yamcha.

Hey Hey...only Hinata is Yamcha. Sakura is like Krillian.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#740 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 05:38 PM

I never knew Yamcha was gay for Goku. :zaru: But in All seriousness Hinata is even lower than that. Yamcha's only major loss was a sucker punch Suicide bombing by the Saibaman and after that everyone fell eventually to the Saiyajin-supremacy. :th_yeah:  She is even lower than Mr. Satan if you think about it, At least Mr. Satan did something Plot relevant by convincing everyone on earth to give energy for the Genki Dama against Kid Buu. What did Hinata do in 700 chapters worth of Manga content? Naruto-kun this, Naruto-kun that, only being psyched up by her Naruto-kun-gasms only to fail miserably and STILL not do anything important anyway, and "touching herself" while thinking of her "big and strong Naruto-kun". Am I wrong? :ermm:

Edited by Phantom_999, 25 April 2018 - 04:47 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users