Close
Photo

Re: Life in a Different World from Zero (Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu)

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#1 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 30 April 2016 - 07:54 AM

tumblr_nrsy76FiBj1tjehr9o1_540.gif

Genre: Action, Adventure, Drama, Fantasy, Psychological, Thriller

Subaru Natsuki, your common hikikomori (japanese slang for a shut-in), suddenly find himself in an unknown medieval town with animal-like citizens on the way back from the convenience store. With a delighted look, he concludes that he is being summoned to another world, but with no sign of the one who summoned him, he looks around for clues in the fantasy world, convinced that he has become a standard protagonist with special powers.. 

part A of episode 1 -> plot twist -> part B of episode 1

Manga first arc

Manga second / third arc

the protagonist 

tumblr_o535zrbhAG1tpsgabo1_500.png

tumblr_o8bho4dWF41qdvrdyo1_500.jpg

the heroine and her familiar puck (not going to spoil her name here :smile: )

tumblr_o6vsclFwnX1rcufwuo1_540.gif

Square Enix magazine promo

pic-info_img20150725_01l.jpg

trailer

TLDR; [ The number of choices are infinite. But there is only one route to survival ]

Edited by Hanabi, 14 July 2016 - 06:58 PM.

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#2 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 05:59 PM

i caught up to the anime ep 4 and just started the manga... the fights are brutal to subaru :wot: i didn't expect to see this much gore :argh:

2UFqbUS.gif

I'm sorry

#3 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 11:40 AM

tumblr_o52vztOv8B1slmfozo1_540.gif

EGWeNNW.gif

i really like felt's sonic boom

2UFqbUS.gif

I'm sorry

#4 dejavu

dejavu

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 12:13 PM

oh i thought this one is Re:Life manga(or was it webtoon? i barely know the difference) where a guy was asked to take a pill that will make him a Highschool boy again ooopps

I've seen some clips of this and thought its another boy on a game world but this seems dark?

Edited by dejavu, 11 May 2016 - 12:14 PM.

#5 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 01:09 PM

finally someone who express an interest in this series :cry:

i don't know of re:life, but this is "Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu", i translated it to english because the japanese title is so long.. maybe you're thinking of another series with a similar title

it's a animanga series adapted from the web novel. yes, it's quite dark with psychological elements.

Edited by Hanabi, 01 July 2016 - 03:51 PM.

2UFqbUS.gif

I'm sorry

#6 dejavu

dejavu

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 03:15 PM

^ I actually want to wait for all the episodes to come out before i watch it since i'm no good in waiting.

But i gave in just a few hours ago and currently in episode 2.

Started out as your usual boy gets into a new fantasy world etc but the 2nd half of the first episode got the f*ckdup seal. 

It's pretty interesting but half of me wants to stop before i get into it too deep. I'll be wanting more.

It sort of gives me a vibe similar to ERASED and other shows like that with the time leaping and butterfly effect goin on.

I didn't read the whole summary and just thought of the protagonist going to a different world and missed out on his ability. it was a good choice actually since i get to have an "oh.." moment when he first get back in time.

This anime could really be deceiving.. people who doesn't know about it will thought of it as just another konsuba or something.

I wonder how far off is the manga from the currently aired episode? I'm guessing its still ongoing

#7 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 03:46 PM

as far as i know the manga is in it's third arc, the latest anime ep is nearing the end of the first arc, and there's hundreds of chapters in the original novels

2UFqbUS.gif

I'm sorry

#8 TheFlash

TheFlash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 05:17 PM

How does it remind you of life is strange? I haven't seen it but I'm interested and I love life is strange.

tumblr_n45nt0asf91t4e7bbo2_400.gif

#9 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 06:20 PM

How does it remind you of life is strange? I haven't seen it but I'm interested and I love life is strange.

see the episode 1 part A link in my first post if you're interested.

Edited by Hanabi, 14 May 2016 - 06:39 PM.

2UFqbUS.gif

I'm sorry

#10 dejavu

dejavu

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 01:35 PM

just watched episode 7.. i'm still not sure where this is heading but its pretty cruel.

I'd go crazy if that was me. this really deserve to have that psychological tag.

upto what episode will this current season be? I'm thinking of reading the manga after all the episodes of this season comes out.

I'm really curious as to what kind of life does the protagonist have before he went to that world. like what kind of person is he? he doesn't appear to be the typical shut in characters who gets pulled into a fantasy world.

#11 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 02:52 PM

i hear there would be 25 episodes in total

he's supposed to be a high school shut in who had some martial art background, and he likened himself to "the generation of entitled gamers who expect everything served to them on a silver platter" lol.. he said that in the earlier eps  :excited:

Edited by Hanabi, 17 May 2016 - 02:57 PM.

2UFqbUS.gif

I'm sorry

#12 dejavu

dejavu

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 10:36 AM

i hear there would be 25 episodes in total

he's supposed to be a high school shut in who had some martial art background, and he likened himself to "the generation of entitled gamers who expect everything served to them on a silver platter" lol.. he said that in the earlier eps  :excited:

yes those are just the things i know as well..I was wondering what he was actually like with his friends or something if he does have one and if he did something to trigger the events that he is in right now.

The anime is my only reference and we are just in episode 7, so i have no idea. but it makes me curious if the characters he met right now are in some way, existing in his world as well (the modern world?)

BTW if there are some lurkers here who are interested to try this out you could also check out theanimeman from youtube, he uploaded a video about this series.

Altho the facts he gave are like, kinda obvious to me.. (the parallel world instead of time travel)

https://youtu.be/c01zYL76kCE

Edited by dejavu, 18 May 2016 - 10:37 AM.

#13 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 01:13 PM

I recently gt spoiled on the reddit site by novel readers and i feel so bad for what balls is going to face T.T the parallel world thing is quite shocking to hear

2UFqbUS.gif

I'm sorry

#14 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 04:02 PM

today i was playing the mobile game temple run and i thought how similar it is to re:zero  :excited:

also i just watched break-time, a chibi 2 mins episode of re:zero. quite funny

scummy balls

Edited by Hanabi, 19 May 2016 - 05:03 PM.

2UFqbUS.gif

I'm sorry

#15 dejavu

dejavu

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 04:17 PM

I recently gt spoiled on the reddit site by novel readers and i feel so bad for what balls is going to face T.T the parallel world thing is quite shocking to hear

oooh that's why I shy away from forums and such nowadays.. don't spill those spoilers here okay!? hahahha

sucks for you..

I thought about the parallel world thing immediately on Subaru's second "round" due to the vendor. I was thinking i could be wrong but that was how i view it from the get go.

also, why temple run? because of repeating things?

well Re:Zero reminds me of an old anime called "Dual Parallel! Trouble Adventure". It doesn't have much similarity but i dunno, i just got the same vibe that meke me remember such an old anime

#16 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 05:38 PM

oooh that's why I shy away from forums and such nowadays.. don't spill those spoilers here okay!? hahahha
sucks for you..

I thought about the parallel world thing immediately on Subaru's second "round" due to the vendor. I was thinking i could be wrong but that was how i view it from the get go.

also, why temple run? because of repeating things?
well Re:Zero reminds me of an old anime called "Dual Parallel! Trouble Adventure". It doesn't have much similarity but i dunno, i just got the same vibe that meke me remember such an old anime

Temple run because even though subaru have intel and more upgrades you know hes still going to die anyway xD

2UFqbUS.gif

I'm sorry

#17 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 04:31 AM

when rem goes all berserk.. that music is awesome, with the eerie choir voices. :excited:

balls is really a great person, the way he describe the lost children, their hopes and dreams for the future :umm: truly a great protagonist

and.. :lmao: i can't help but imagine petra as a child of naruto and sakura :lmao: damn my shipper side

funny review of this ep on reddit

Edited by Hanabi, 30 May 2016 - 04:54 AM.

2UFqbUS.gif

I'm sorry

#18 dejavu

dejavu

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 01:02 PM

when rem goes all berserk.. that music is awesome, with the eerie choir voices. :excited:

balls is really a great person, the way he describe the lost children, their hopes and dreams for the future :umm: truly a great protagonist

and.. :lmao: i can't help but imagine petra as a child of naruto and sakura :lmao: damn my shipper side

funny review of this ep on reddit

well that will be such a pain if he

spoiler

I always cringe when he needs to start over again.

It like playing some good o;' RPG and you level up so much and had tons of awesome loot, some even RARE and you feel unstoppable and then for some reason you get killed and you weren't able to save your game..

and you have to repeat everything all over again its UGHHHH

Petra as NS child? didn't crossed my mind. i immediately thought of attack on titan tho.. oh dear petra rolling down... :cry:

But this petra girl here will be some shoujo protag in the making. with young age and in a love triangle with her childhood friends lol.

to whoever wrote that review.. i wholeheartedly agree.

damn you stubaru :smack:

and here i thought i was the only one getting creeped out of the BGM..

in some previous episode whenever kitten is goin on there's this creepy voice like that time when he was going to tell Emilia about him then the black mist came.. i'm seriously searching for that.

Edited by dejavu, 30 May 2016 - 01:02 PM.

#19 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 01:27 PM

i hear you :lmao: i haven't touched my rpg game for about 2 years because i simply can't defeat the final boss (omza in ff9)

i hear petra will be relevant in the future chapters of the novels as well, for some reason some fans on other sites took a liking to her..

i think of this as rem/ram song

Edited by Hanabi, 30 May 2016 - 01:37 PM.

2UFqbUS.gif

I'm sorry

#20 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 08:08 PM

i just got spoilt while googling light novel covers.. whatever you do @dejavu don't search for the light novels

Edited by Hanabi, 12 June 2016 - 08:08 PM.

2UFqbUS.gif

I'm sorry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users