• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 09 December 2014 - 04:55 AM

Every few minutes my computer keeps freezing for a few minutes then back to normal then freezes again. Help.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#2 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 05:16 AM

I'm no computer expert but speaking from personal experience. If it keeps freezing up it could be two reasons either:

-The disc doesn't have enough free space the more the hard disc is full the slower your computer will work and also freezing up.

-There must be something wrong with the hardware. Assuming you always download the upgrades to your computer's system updated.

I suggest you send it to a repair shop and have it check. It might be nothing serious or it could be. Better safe than sorry, hope this helps.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#3 narusaku256

narusaku256

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,974 posts
  • Interests:Everything :D

Posted 09 December 2014 - 05:30 AM

Its a software problem indeed! That and try clearing some of your on board memory and it should work just fine. Also...do not store any files in the partition where you've installed your OS software. Always reserve a partition just for the OS and use other drives for storage. I hope it works for you :D

tumblr_nokgzxLJ4A1ts94lmo1_500.gif

#4 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 05:52 AM

Also I'd recommend running, Malwarebyte, Ccleaner and a registry cleaner, though from the looks of things the issue does appear to be HDD related but it's also possible that you have a virus or malware installed on your PC and it's causing issues, though I have had issues in the past where the hardware conflict use to freeze up my compter completely but that was years ago and if you haven't made any changes to your hardware (this includes anything connected to your PC like a printer etc.)

Also have you cleaned up your PC? Sometimes the issue is more to do with the dust build-up around the fans and heatsinks that will restrict the airflow, which in turn could cause the hardware to overheat, which again could cause hardware issues.

iAnby7W.gif

#5 Torxe

Torxe

World's greatest critic <boragnarok>

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Games, PC, fora, terraria, Bo-karate, meditation

Posted 09 December 2014 - 07:06 AM

Also I'd recommend running, Malwarebyte, Ccleaner and a registry cleaner, though from the looks of things the issue does appear to be HDD related but it's also possible that you have a virus or malware installed on your PC and it's causing issues, though I have had issues in the past where the hardware conflict use to freeze up my compter completely but that was years ago and if you haven't made any changes to your hardware (this includes anything connected to your PC like a printer etc.)

Also have you cleaned up your PC? Sometimes the issue is more to do with the dust build-up around the fans and heatsinks that will restrict the airflow, which in turn could cause the hardware to overheat, which again could cause hardware issues.

Most people that don't know their way around their computers very well tend to have a sh*tload of mal-/spyware on their computers.
My grandfather was the first one to ever teach me how to use a computer and his PC is FULL of them, he keeps trying to download youtube vids though -.- no matter how much I try to tell him never to trust unknown freeware. (I gave up removing it a long time ago)

First things I do when I encounter similar problems as OP is checking which programs are running atm, also make sure there are no GBs of data (such as movies in folders directly instead of using shortcuts) on the desktop or in the trash bin -> unbelievable how the trash bin gets ignored by older people -.- this weekend I encountered a case of 32GB of data in a trash bin on a PC that was 'rarely' used.

These aren't big fixes but in my experience they're the most 'common' causes of the computer slowing down (in addition to Harry4e's post).

On the bolded part: (EDIT: weird that bold-ing (?) in quotes doesn't seem to work very well

DON'T use a vacuum cleaner on the inside of your PC, remove the filter panels and you can clean those with a vacuum cleaner (or water if you make sure to dry them off very well), the fans and heatsinks are best cleaned with one of these: 

Don't know the english word for this

But you still have to be gentle about it. Also just so you know, to open up most PC's you'll have to break some kind of warranty (not sure about the word) seals which removes the guarantee you might still have on the PC. Ofcourse on an older PC this won't be an issue.

Edited by Torxe, 09 December 2014 - 07:18 AM.

In support of the Sakura we once knew:

Sakura-killing-hinata-naruto-shippuuden-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users