192 replies to this topic

#21 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 03:31 AM

Well, drat. I was hoping this chapter would give a better picture on where this is going, but it only made things more confusing. 111193.gif

For now, I guess my interpretation is that Sakura loves both of them, but has chosen Naruto as the one she wants to be with. But just as Naruto sacrifices his own happiness, her desire to be with him takes a backseat to keeping him safe and putting Sasuke out of his misery.
But I suppose nothing is clear until we hear it from Sakura. Just as she said, only she can decide her own feelings.

I don't know about everyone else, but this chapter has just got me rooting for Narusaku even more. They're obviously very unhappy with the way things are and I feel that they now need each other more than ever. sad.gif

NOW will people finally shut up about Danzou and Madara being the same guy? I'm interested in seeing what Madara wants with Danzou; he'll probably use him as a means of controlling Sasuke more.

#22 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 03:36 AM

QUOTE (dfammer @ Dec 2 2009, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I New that hack would F%$K us and he did farwell friends I'm out for good!

....... Hack? Hardly.

Sai is the catalyst sparking our engine. And he's pushed the NaruSaku interpretation pretty damn far. But hey, suit yourself. Lessen on the character bashing and the swearing.

KTHXBAI.

#23 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 03:38 AM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Dec 2 2009, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What is love?

great, now im gonna have that damn song in my head for the rest of the evening

on topic, as ED stated beforehand, I refuse to panic until the other ships are proven to be canon. The upcoming confrontation will either make or break Sasusaku. or Kishi can just drag it out some more, why not.

Edited by Illmatic, 03 December 2009 - 03:39 AM.

#24 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 03:39 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ Dec 2 2009, 10:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LMAO!!! 111189.gif I... just... can't... take... it.... HAHAHAHAHA!!!! 111189.gif

Don't worry Derock. It will be all right. We must just turn to the one being who looks out for us. That one holy being who loves us. Who cherishes us. Who wants what's best for us.

Batman!

He has a plan, you see. He is ready. He knew the day would come when SasuSaku and NaruHina would come crashing down upon us. So he prepared. He has fanfiction. And shippy pictures. And a car battery to throw at the opposition. He can save us. He can come from on high to save NaruSaku.

So pray Derock. Go to the church of Bat and pray at the Bat-Altar. It may be our only hope. May he answer our cries for help.

Bat be with you.

Edited by dl316bh, 03 December 2009 - 03:43 AM.

bd5.jpg

#25 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 03 December 2009 - 03:41 AM

I'm also curious if Danzo was Madara's student like Hiruzen was Hashirama's. It would fit with Danzo's mentality about people and belief that he should have been Hokage rather than Hiruzen Sarutobi, if he had been the student of Madara (the other founder of Konoha) who came to resent how the Uchiha clan was subordinate to the Senju clan in leadership.

It's my guess and I'm hoping it's correct too. It would add another layer to the generational parallels too.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#26 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 03:42 AM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Dec 2 2009, 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OH MY GOD NO. A BUMP IN THE ROAD. IT'S HOPELESS.

ABANDON SHIP!

Yep.

As Bender would say: We're boned.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I must make a sacrifice to the NaruSaku gods in hopes for a more favorable chapter next week.

#27 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 03:43 AM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Dec 2 2009, 10:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep.

As Bender would say: We're boned.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I must make a sacrifice to the NaruSaku gods in hopes for a more favorable chapter next week.

Ahahahahahahahaha..........

Wait, Nate. What are you doing with that goat? and that knife?

The Dark Knight ships NaruSaku. I suggest you get on the bandwagon. Otherwise he'll beat you to a pulp.

#28 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 03 December 2009 - 03:43 AM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Dec 2 2009, 10:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't worry Derock. It will be all right. We must just turn to the one being who looks out for us. That one holy being who loves us. Who cherishes us. Who wants what's best for us.

Batman!

He has a plan, you see. He is ready. He knew the day would come when SasuSaku and NaruHina would come crashing down upon us. So he prepared. He has fanfiction. And shippy pictures. And a car battery to throw at the opposition. He can save us. He can come from on high to save NaruSaku.

So pray Derock. Go to the church of Bat and pray at the Bat-Altar. It may be our only hope.

Bat be with you.

OMG!!! LOL!!! You're too much!!! Holy Batman!!! 111189.gif He will save us! The Dark Crusader will crush the Joker's NaruHina/SasuSaku dolls with his awesome skills!

I'm serious, I'm not worry at all!

*ahem* Where's the Batcave? tongue.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#29 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 03:48 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ Dec 2 2009, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OMG!!! LOL!!! You're too much!!! Holy Batman!!! 111189.gif He will save us! The Dark Crusader will crush the Joker's NaruHina/SasuSaku dolls with his awesome skills!

fu.png Why so?

ok im done being off topic, couldnt help myself

Edited by Illmatic, 03 December 2009 - 03:49 AM.

#30 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 03:50 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ Dec 2 2009, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm sorry, my friend. Only the high priest and the disciples of the Church of Bat may know the location of His Holiness's lair. I cannot reveal the location. Perhaps if you were to show great faith and loyalty to the Great One, you will rise in the ranks to aid in his crusade for shippy justice.

Bat be praised.

Edited by dl316bh, 03 December 2009 - 03:54 AM.

bd5.jpg

#31 Froot

Froot

She's Certainly a Hurricane

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 03:51 AM

This self-sacrifice is on par, or I daresay, more than Hinata's.

Sakura is willing to risk her much-cherished friendship, and Sasuke's life for Naruto. This is huge.

This is a slap in the face to all those who say Sakura doesn't love Naruto.

Maybe I'd be worried about Naruto actually hating Sakura if Gaara hadn't told Naruto that he needs to make such a decision himself; He understands now. He understands why Sakura is doing it, and hopefully, but most likely, he sees that Sakura's being stronger than he is.

This is development in disguise.

And if Sakura saying she still loves Sasuke is true, then it's even better, because however much she loves Sasuke... She loves Naruto more.

#32 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 03 December 2009 - 03:53 AM

QUOTE (Illmatic @ Dec 2 2009, 10:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
fu.png Why so?

Because. I'm not worrying that our ship has "sunked" (as many fans see per se.) Watch when I get the "The Hax will face the Hell's Hath a Woman Scorn with Super Strength" fight, which I know she won't win, then we will talk.

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Dec 2 2009, 10:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm sorry, my friend. Only the high priest and we disciples of the Church of Bat may know the location of His Holinesses lair. I could get in deep trouble if I were to reveal the location. Perhaps if you were to show great faith and loyalty to the Great One, you will rise in the ranks to aid in his crusade for shippy justice.

Bat be praised.

Yeah, yeah, its in the mountains. tongue.gif Gotcha. fu.png

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#33 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 03:54 AM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Dec 2 2009, 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OH MY GOD NO. A BUMP IN THE ROAD. IT'S HOPELESS.

ABANDON SHIP!

tongue.gif

I was looking for the 'Simpsons' clip where Professor Fink's Sarcasm Meter breaks. But could not.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#34 Froot

Froot

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 03:58 AM

Hehe. This thread is one for the Museum.

You guys are soooo off-topic laugh.gif

Oh, and dl316bh, sign me up. Praise be to Batman.

#35 Ani

Ani

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 04:01 AM

QUOTE (Froot @ Dec 2 2009, 09:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This self-sacrifice is on par, or I daresay, more than Hinata's.

Sakura is willing to risk her much-cherished friendship, and Sasuke's life for Naruto. This is huge.

This is a slap in the face to all those who say Sakura doesn't love Naruto.

Maybe I'd be worried about Naruto actually hating Sakura if Gaara hadn't told Naruto that he needs to make such a decision himself; He understands now. He understands why Sakura is doing it, and hopefully, but most likely, he sees that Sakura's being stronger than he is.

This is development in disguise.

And if Sakura saying she still loves Sasuke is true, then it's even better, because however much she loves Sasuke... She loves Naruto more.

I feel exactly the same way. Nice post. smile.gif

#36 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 03 December 2009 - 04:02 AM

QUOTE (Froot @ Dec 2 2009, 10:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, Sakura said no such thing. Sai is guessing that she still has feelings for who Sasuke was, this thing of darkness he has willfully chosen to become must be eliminated to save Naruto, because of the strength of her love for Naruto. She gave up on Sasuke and chose Naruto, she was only thinking of Naruto... It's actually a really strong narusaku chapter on Sakura's side, it's Naruto that is the one standing there still clinging to the shreds of his dream of saving Sasuke, letting his love for Sasuke blind him to the truth. Sai even so much as says this, and Gaara reinforces it.

Edited by ciardha, 03 December 2009 - 04:06 AM.

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#37 Tai001

Tai001

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 04:02 AM

I don't really see why this so many NaruSaku shippers are so worried about this chapter, as it seems to confirm that Sakura loves BOTH Sasuke and Naruto. It even has Sai saying that she has chosen Naruto over Sasuke, just that she also realizes that she needs to kill Sasuke, which could have the side effect of having Naruto hating her.

So it doesn't say that NaruSaku won't happen, but that the pairing simply has some drama it needs to go through first. After all, no romance is ever perfect. And you know something? It never will.

But I have faith that Naruto and Sakura will work things out, and hook up either sometime in the near future, or at the very end of the story. Either is fine with me.

TTFN, ta ta for now.

#38 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 03 December 2009 - 04:11 AM

happy.gif
\

#39 Froot

Froot

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 04:16 AM

@ ciardha,

Either way, she still loves Naruto more happy.gif

I'm so happy about this. I remember when 470 chapters ago Sakura would have gladly put Sasuke before Naruto. But now... biggrin.gif
She's come a long way. I'm so proud.

The fact that she's risking her friendship with Naruto makes me think... Naruto had better still love her. Of course, he will. The boy's foolish, but not foolish enough to turn on a loved one for a hopeless goal that others have confirmed as hopeless - and not only hopeless, but dangerous.

So basically, Naruto will forgive Sakura, because she's not even at fault. If he doesn't... The Naruto I grew to admire will have long been dead.

This decision reminds me vaguely of what Itachi said to Naruto. Do you remember? He said that there may come a day where he has to choosr between Sasuke and Konoha. Naruto, being Naruto, said he'd choose both.

But now Gaara is telling him it's one or the other. So he really does have to choose. One choice will have his whole village, his precious people, and other shinobi nations against him.

#40 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 04:19 AM

QUOTE (Tai001 @ Dec 2 2009, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't really see why this so many NaruSaku shippers are so worried about this chapter,

They are still reacting to the spoiler that distorted the chapter to look nothing like what the actual thing turned out to be, same as the spoilers for 469 versus the actual chapter. Proof of what I said earlier this week- anything narusaku implicating always gets distorted to not look that way or gets omitted by the spoiler people. They underplayed Sakura's romantic embrace of Naruto in front of the whole village in 450 too.

Grr! So sick and tired of that!

Edited by ciardha, 03 December 2009 - 04:22 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users