Close
Photo

Why is this site so touchy about "bashing"?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
42 replies to this topic

#1 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 12:24 AM

Alright, here goes. I'm sick of how touchy everyone here is about character bashing. We all have opinions, and we all have the right to express them!
I'm not saying we can just go "oh that [character's name] is such a [vulgar word]!". No, that I understand. What I don't understand is that we can't even poke fun at a character or state hard facts that expose real flaws in them without being accused of bashing! Seriously! Loosen up!

QUOTE (Naruto_Sage @ Jul 25 2010, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well the rule is there to preserve the dignity of the site as well as to make it a comfortable environment for all users and this is not the place to talk about this and thank you

I can understand wanting to preserve its dignity, but a comfortable environment for all users? It makes the users uncomfortable having to watch our backs every time we want to express our opinion.
Say we say something insulting about SasuSaku. If anyone is offended from it, they don't belong on this site (this is a NaruSaku fan-site isn't it? Or am I misunderstanding?).

Edited by zacrathedemon5, 26 July 2010 - 03:53 AM.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#2 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 26 July 2010 - 01:10 AM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Jul 25 2010, 08:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Alright, here goes. I'm sick of how touchy everyone here is about character bashing. We all have opinions, and we all have the right to express them!
I'm not saying we can just go "oh that [character's name] is such a [vulgar word]!". No, that I understand. What I don't understand is that we can't even poke fun at a character or state hard facts that expose real flaws in them without being accused of bashing! Seriously! Loosen up!

I can understand wanting to preserve its dignity, but a comfortable environment for all users? It makes the users uncomfortable having to watch our backs every time we want to express our opinion.
Say we say something insulting about SasuSaku. If anyone is offended from it, they don't belong on this site.

I'm going to have to say this:

Jokes can get you into trouble. Sure, most of us can poke fun of a character but then a person who certainly adores that sans character will get highly offended and then it will become a back-and-forth lashing battle which is simply becomes drama. And we mods/admins will have to come in to stop the issue and do our work. We're not like other big forums like Narutofan or Viz Naruto forums where bashing is always around every single day. We're openly accept anyone here, that includes those who basically likes/loves NaruHina and SasuSaku. Basically I'm quoting from this rule:

To a lesser extent, the same holds true even of characters of Naruto because character/pairing bashing can quickly lead into bashing of the opinion of those that like the character/pairing. It also often leads to a degeneration in the quality of the discussion, especially when comments are made in poor taste.

As mentioned before, our members also like other pairings, even those that may conflict with NaruSaku (such as NaruHina, SasuSaku, LeeSaku etc.). Some may also like characters who are not universally loved.

So please refrain from bashing. Any posts that consist of bashing will be deleted without notice, persistent offenders will be given a warning by mods.

We are a forum for Naruto fans who basically wants a nice, clean, fresh air from the craziness and silliness, not to mention rude and disrespect by the series' fandom. Basically, we crave a peaceful atmosphere.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#3 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 26 July 2010 - 02:50 AM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Jul 25 2010, 08:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Say we say something insulting about SasuSaku. If anyone is offended from it, they don't belong on this site.

Everyone is welcome on this site. That includes NaruSaku/SasuSaku/NaruHina. Would you like it if people went around saying 'something insulting' about NaruSaku? I'll answer this question for you.

No.

So, saying insulting things about any character/pairing is not allowed. And no one is stopping members from 'stating facts' about Sasuke. It just never remains as facts, and by a few member not being polite and crossing the line, it almost always becomes a bashfest.

And to further drive the point about why we are so much stricter on bashing than other forums, I'll give you a little history on this site. Heaven and Earth went through a very rocky and trying period about 2 years ago. The older members will probably remember this time. Fights and arguments broke out all the time. People crossed the line from simple discussion to character/pairing/and member bashing quite a bit. The Admin/Mod Team pulled together and revamped our entire rules and warnings system, and started a massive clean-up of the drama and ridiculous, pointless arguments/fights and bashing that was going on.

Heaven and Earth has been a very wonderful place to be ever since. Everyone is cool and chill. And people of all pairings feel especially welcome here.

#4 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 03:18 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jul 25 2010, 09:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
people of all pairings feel especially welcome here.

So you're saying that NaruHina and SasuSaku fans would be on a NaruSaku forum site? Why would they be on here in the first place? To troll?

Other than that, I understand.

Edited by zacrathedemon5, 26 July 2010 - 03:19 AM.

AboojTi.gif

#5 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 26 July 2010 - 03:26 AM

I also thought we made a vow earlier this year that we would stop the bashing right?

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#6 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 03:28 AM

QUOTE (Toasty Warrior @ Jul 25 2010, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I also thought we made a vow earlier this year that we would stop the bashing right?

What vow?

AboojTi.gif

#7 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 26 July 2010 - 03:34 AM

It was this thread: Vow

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#8 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 03:37 AM

QUOTE (Toasty Warrior @ Jul 25 2010, 10:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It was this thread: Vow

I never agreed to that pinch.gif I never vowed myself. I saw the thread but ignored it completely.

AboojTi.gif

#9 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 26 July 2010 - 03:39 AM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Jul 25 2010, 11:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So you're saying that NaruHina and SasuSaku fans would be on a NaruSaku forum site? Why would they be on here in the first place? To troll?

Are you sure you're not a troll yourself? Because honestly, you're seeming like one.

If you're not then you need to run not walk over to our Rules and Regulations forum. Here, I'll even give you a link to help you on your way:

http://www.narusaku....?showtopic=2663

I'll also post a couple of statements from the Rules:

Please respect other peoples' opinions, even if you do not agree with them. It's to be expected on discussion boards that everyone will have different opinions on various issues.

This includes the opinions of non-members. This is an open forum and we don't want to insult any of our guests. Besides, many of our members like other pairings, including those that "compete" with NaruSaku.

We want to welcome people, not alienate them.

Criticism of those opinions is certainly allowed, as long as it remains respectful

To a lesser extent, the same holds true even of characters of Naruto because character/pairing bashing can quickly lead into bashing of the opinion of those that like the character/pairing. It also often leads to a degeneration in the quality of the discussion, especially when comments are made in poor taste.

As mentioned before, our members also like other pairings, even those that may conflict with NaruSaku (such as NaruHina, SasuSaku, LeeSaku etc.). Some may also like characters who are not universally loved.

Honestly, if you don't like a peaceful, calm, fun environment where everyone feels welcome, no one is stopping you from going elsewhere. I'm not trying to run you off or anything, just pointing out that if you're *truly* not happy with things here, you do have the option to go to somewhere else that may better suit you. You are always welcomed here, but you *do* have a choice.

#10 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 03:47 AM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Jul 25 2010, 11:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Other than that, I understand.

Perhaps to meet new people, understand the way we think, debate why they like NaruHuna/SasuSaku (without bashing, be informed...

There are many reasons that don't necessarily involve bashing. This is a peaceful site. Wouldn't you be sick and tired of defending your beliefs everyday if there was bashing. I have experienced things like that in other Naruto related forums. One of the many reasons this is one of my favorite sites is because there isn't bashing. Instead of raining on y parade, sometimes it makes my day.

Now, I also remember there being a thread about abolishing any type of bashing. I even thing that I've posted in is previously, however I wasn't able to find it, so you can look for it yourself, or believe our words.

Ultimately, all you have to do is keep your thoughts to yourself, if they are concerning a character's poor characteristics.

Edit: They found the thread.

Edited by LadyCupcake, 26 July 2010 - 03:48 AM.

#11 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 03:49 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jul 25 2010, 10:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you sure you're not a troll yourself? Because honestly, you're seeming like one.

If you're not then you need to run not walk over to our Rules and Regulations forum. Here, I'll even give you a link to help you on your way:

http://www.narusaku....?showtopic=2663

I'll also post a couple of statements from the Rules:

Honestly, if you don't like a peaceful, calm, fun environment where everyone feels welcome, no one is stopping you from going elsewhere. I'm not trying to run you off or anything, just pointing out that if you're *truly* not happy with thing here, you do have the option to go to somewhere else that may better suit you. You are always welcomed here, but you *do* have a choice.

I'm not a troll. I truly am a NaruSaku fan, and I don't go on NaruHina/SasuSaku boards to diss the couple.
However, I would like an answer to the question of "why would NaruHina/SasuSaku fans be on a NaruSaku boardsite in the first place?".

I do enjoy environments where everyone feels welcome; my only problem is that it's so hard to just speak our opinions. I'm not the type to flame for no reason or trash talk, I just find it so hard in some topics though to avoid bashing. Some topics are just begging for someone to slip up by accident, which has happened to me a couple times before when I didn't even notice it myself.

I will read the rules as you suggested. I didn't mean any harm by this topic, I was/am just a little frustrated at the moment...for a reason I do not now. Maybe it's because a topic was posted today that made me see how scared some people are to speak their opinion? Maybe it's because one topic was closed partially for bashing when there was only fact and no bashing was lead to whatsoever? Or maybe my definition of "bashing" just differs from all of yours? I don't know...maybe all of the above.

Edited by zacrathedemon5, 26 July 2010 - 03:50 AM.

AboojTi.gif

#12 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 03:53 AM

Apart from being a site to support our pairing, NaruSaku, this is also an informative site, were you can find interesting topics on stuff you'd like to discuss. When Naruto ends, whether the pairing happens or not, H&E will continue the way it is, however there won't be much 'movement' in the Naruto section. So it'll be like a normal forum site.

Edited by LadyCupcake, 26 July 2010 - 03:53 AM.

#13 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 03:55 AM

QUOTE (LadyCupcake @ Jul 25 2010, 10:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Apart from being a site to support our pairing, NaruSaku, this is also an informative site, were you can find interesting topics on stuff you'd like to discuss. When Naruto ends, whether the pairing happens or not, H&E will continue the way it is, however there won't be much 'movement' in the Naruto section. So it'll be like a normal forum site.

I see. But aren't there other NaruHina/SasuSaku sites like that too? If there aren't...well....... mellow.gif ...then it seems they have another decent reason to come here....OR they just don't know about naruto-boards.com ...or they know about it but don't like the overflowing topics involving Naruto Arena and sig-making.....

Edited by zacrathedemon5, 26 July 2010 - 03:57 AM.

AboojTi.gif

#14 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 03:56 AM

Bashing isn't needed so why not outlaw it?

JLHza2T.png

#15 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 03:57 AM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Jul 25 2010, 11:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not a troll. I truly am a NaruSaku fan, and I don't go on NaruHina/SasuSaku boards to diss the couple.
However, I would like an answer to the question of "why would NaruHina/SasuSaku fans be on a NaruSaku boardsite in the first place?".

The simple answer.

Because Smiter created Heaven and Earth to function as a gathering place for ALL pairings. And those of us who have become Mods and Admins agree wholeheartedly with his view, and do our best to uphold the values and rules he first established.

If you don't like how he set things up, you can always take your issue up with him.

#16 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 03:59 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jul 25 2010, 10:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The simple answer.

Because Smiter created Heaven and Earth to function as a gathering place for ALL pairings. And those of us who have become Mods and Admins agree wholeheartedly with his view, and do our best to uphold the values and rules he first established.

If you don't like how he set things up, you can always take your issue up with him.

If this is a gathering site for all pairings, why does it say "THE NARUTO X SAKURA FANCLUB" in the logo and have a picture involving NaruSaku? Let alone why is the site called Heaven & Earth, a clear NaruSaku reference?

QUOTE (Muffins? @ Jul 25 2010, 10:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bashing isn't needed so why not outlaw it?

It's not needed, true, but some people may sometimes accidentally slip into a slight bash unconsciously (or is that just me?).

Edited by zacrathedemon5, 26 July 2010 - 04:01 AM.

AboojTi.gif

#17 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:00 AM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Jul 25 2010, 11:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I see. But aren't there other NaruHina/SasuSaku sites like that too? If there aren't...well....... mellow.gif ...then it seems they have another decent reason to come here....OR they just don't know about naruto-boards.com ...or they know about it but don't like the overflowing topics involving Naruto Arena and sig-making.....

I can't think of another reason otherwise. Actually, I haven't met anyone on this site that is a supporter of another pairing that's not NaruSaku. And I haven't seen anyone bashing NaruSaku. So theoretically, there are other members who support SasuSaku and NaruHina, but my guess is that they don't post on the threads, thy probably even forgot that they have a account.

#18 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:01 AM

QUOTE (LadyCupcake @ Jul 25 2010, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't think of another reason otherwise. Actually, I haven't met anyone on this site that is a supporter of another pairing that's not NaruSaku. And I haven't seen anyone bashing NaruSaku. So theoretically, there are other members who support SasuSaku and NaruHina, but my guess is that they don't post on the threads, thy probably even forgot that they have a account.

I think I have seen one NaruHina member I think his name is something like "The very affectionate lego"

JLHza2T.png

#19 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:02 AM

But have you seen him bashing NS?

No, because he follows the rules.

#20 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:06 AM

QUOTE (LadyCupcake @ Jul 25 2010, 10:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But have you seen him bashing NS?

No, because he follows the rules.

Nope no bashing just saying he's the only person I've meet on this site who ships another couple primarily beside NaruSaku.
I don't understand why this thread was created it's basically saying "Why can't I bash?".

JLHza2T.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users