2 replies to this topic

#1 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 13 February 2023 - 02:44 AM

I know I've been making a lot of new threads lately, I do apologize for that. But this is something of a revelation for me since it's the first comic I've ever made. I can't draw for crap unless it comes to maps, and this is something that I've ALWAYS wanted to do. I originally wanted to wait until I got a few chapters ahead before I shared the first chapter, but I decided I'd let you guys have the first look at it.

The chapter itself is $3.00 but you get a good chunk of it for free on my DA page. I'll share the links below.

Free sneak peak: DaltonReutlinger User Profile | DeviantArt

The comic itself: DaltonReutlinger User Profile | DeviantArt

#2 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 13 February 2023 - 07:54 AM

So you use real life photos for pannels

#3 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 13 February 2023 - 12:27 PM

So you use real life photos for pannels

No, I made those images with a software called Daz3D. Typically, images wouldn't look that good, but my computer is so powerful that I can render on the best settings with a lot of polish added on. Even then, it only takes less than 20 minutes to render an image with the exception of very complex images. Chapter 2 will likely take longer to make because it takes place inside a school, so I'll need a lot of people walking around in the hallways and sitting in the class rooms for it to feel realistic. 

It's perhaps not the "official" way of making comics, but it saves a lot of hassle. Given the fact I can just make a character, save them to my computer, and use them over and over again, it meant I don't have to draw them out every single pannel.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users