#1 Mus1cLov3r

Mus1cLov3r

Noob guitarist

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:[Insert stuff]

Posted 05 November 2014 - 10:53 PM

Any tips on how to draw different body poses? I absolutely CANNOT draw characters in good poses. ._.

P.S- This is the right place for this, right? :P
BASK in the awesomeness of my status!

Yeah...

Wonderful weather we're having, huh?

#2 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 11:40 PM

I don't know if it is, but here watch some tutorials.

Check out the channel Draw with Jazza.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#3 Mus1cLov3r

Mus1cLov3r

Noob guitarist

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 12:34 AM

I don't know if it is, but here watch some tutorials.

Check out the channel Draw with Jazza.

Thanks. ^^

Yeah...

#4 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Location:What does that even mean? My 'location' changes all the time...
  • Interests:NaruSaku, SasuNaru, SasuHina, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Kakashi, Madara (especially when he's badass xD), Hashirama's laugh <3, forums, debating about random s**t, bananas, lemons, the color yellow, the number 29, people cheating on other people, people killing themselves, the power of bonds and s**t, anime, manga, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, and much more, chibis, drawing, dogs, cats, frogs, angst, tragedy, fluff, music, punk rock, piano, dubstep, trance, Avril Lavigne, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, monsters, zombies, vampires, demons, violence, sex, supernatural s**t, food, fat people, anorexic people, Dora the Explorer, and Barney the mother-effing dinosaur. :)

Posted 06 November 2014 - 02:43 AM

Try drawing people around you. Not perfectly reallife-like, but study their poses. The way they're positioned, how they're body parts are positioned. Keep note of what way you're looking at them, don't forget that when it's on paper there will be different perspectives that the poses can be seen, that'll alter the drawing. Make rough drafts, make it simple, start simple. Keep it simple, and with each try, try making it more detailed and you'll start getting the hang of it very quickly.

That's how I learned to really achieve drawing people. It's starts out hard in the beginning, but it gets easier fast with a little practice.

Good luck! :)

Edited by Iwantbuns, 06 November 2014 - 02:44 AM.

tumblr_inline_miqmooGYSM1qz4rgp.gif

Why do people NOT ship these two? I just don't get it.

Probably cause they hate Sakura. When she's probably the most developed female character in the whole show.

I respect Hinata, but Sakura deserves some too.

#5 Mus1cLov3r

Mus1cLov3r

Noob guitarist

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 01:41 PM

Try drawing people around you. Not perfectly reallife-like, but study their poses. The way they're positioned, how they're body parts are positioned. Keep note of what way you're looking at them, don't forget that when it's on paper there will be different perspectives that the poses can be seen, that'll alter the drawing. Make rough drafts, make it simple, start simple. Keep it simple, and with each try, try making it more detailed and you'll start getting the hang of it very quickly.

That's how I learned to really achieve drawing people. It's starts out hard in the beginning, but it gets easier fast with a little practice.

Good luck! :)

Thanks, as well! :3

Yeah...

#6 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Boku no Hero Academia is better than Naruto

Posted 07 November 2014 - 11:10 PM

One of the greatest things you can do is draw from observation. One of my biggest problems with my own art is that it's not "flow-y" enough. Like my poses still look very stiff time to time. The best thing is to practice poses everyday and train your eye to be perceptive. Hope everything goes well!

Squad Roll call :

tumblr_ngv9unJacL1qhmbkio1_r1_500.png

#7 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, anime & manga, animals, dog training & behavior

"If I stumble, take a tumble
    Go ahead serve me another
    And if I fall I’ll give it my all
    ‘Cause the fall is half the fight "

Posted 07 November 2014 - 11:12 PM

Drawing based on real life is always a good idea. You can use photographs, stock photos (give credit if you post the sketch online), or you can go somewhere and draw people that walk by. (I do that sometimes. Don't post them online.)

tumblr_inline_nt19in1cWl1sat1vz_540_zpsd
"Don't ever turn me loose
Even when I turn my back"
~Relient K

#8 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 11:14 PM

Another good one is to keep practicing. Find what works best for you! :) That's how I have gotten better as I evolved my skills as an artist.

#9 Mus1cLov3r

Mus1cLov3r

Noob guitarist

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 11:24 PM

Thanks all! ^^

Yeah...

#10 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 07 November 2014 - 11:27 PM

Draw, draw, draw, as much as you can :D Watching my favorite animes use to help me draw. I'd pause the tv and draw a screen shot or i'd try and draw one character as I watched the show. Either way the more you draw the better. Keep at it!

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#11 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 11:30 PM

Draw, draw, draw, as much as you can :D Watching my favorite animes use to help me draw. I'd pause the tv and draw a screen shot or i'd try and draw one character as I watched the show. Either way the more you draw the better. Keep at it!

this is a good example :) Find things to inspire you! TV, comics, manga, anime, cartoons, video games... if they can inspire you, you can find some amazing means to get better with drawing as long as you keep at it.

#12 Mus1cLov3r

Mus1cLov3r

Noob guitarist

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 03:35 AM

When I get "inspired" by a character, my drawing comes out a little "too inspired", if ya know what I mean. ;)

Yeah...

#13 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 04:37 AM

When I get "inspired" by a character, my drawing comes out a little "too inspired", if ya know what I mean. ;)

Hey, nobody's perfect, Mus1cLov3r! :smile: You would be surprised to see the compliments I've gotten on my art, and I sometimes am self-conscious about it, especially in regard to how there are far more amazing artists here as well as on Deviant Art than I am. I've been doing it for years, yeah, but, at the same time, I still am very self-conscious.

#14 Mus1cLov3r

Mus1cLov3r

Noob guitarist

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 01:25 PM

Hey, nobody's perfect, Mus1cLov3r! :smile: You would be surprised to see the compliments I've gotten on my art, and I sometimes am self-conscious about it, especially in regard to how there are far more amazing artists here as well as on Deviant Art than I am. I've been doing it for years, yeah, but, at the same time, I still am very self-conscious.

Where's some of your art? :o

Yeah...

#15 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 02:59 PM

Where's some of your art? :o

I have a Deviant Art account, BigBDawg001, plus I got a topic here at Heaven & Earth called Naruto The Demon Within Character Designs - An Ongoing Project in the Projects & Art Trades section ^_^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users