Close
Photo

Anyone know of a "Naruto/Sakura/Sasuke" triangle where...

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 11:58 PM

^The series actually annoyed me more than Naruto in terms of shipping. :eager:

Reading about Berserk and Akatsuki no Yona...Spoiler alert, but Yona the princess is betrayed by her childhood friend Soo-won, and rescued by her bodyguard Hak. With the time they travel together, Yona kind of develops feelings for Hak. It's the scenario I would have wished for NaruSaku, but in Akatsuki no Yona, I don't like it. xD I don't really know why, but I really loved the Yona x Soo-won scenes. To be fair, Hak is more the Sasuke because he kind of acts a bit anti social.

Berserk with Guts, Casca and Griffith reminds me of Akatsuki no Yona - Griffith as Soo- won, Guts and Casca as Hak and Yona. Only that I never shipped Guts and Casca.

I realize that I kind of dislike the NaruSaku scenario in other animes.

I've read Yona and Berserk, but thanks.

#22 hinataiscreepy

hinataiscreepy

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 28 January 2018 - 02:49 PM

Yeah, Kang was super likeable despite being a kitten at first. It showed he even did care about her, but he was still in love with his on-off fiancee who I liked with him. Besides some cool action scenes that he got, I never liked Sasuke. I especially started to hate him after him in part 2.

Do Han looked like an a hole but I understand that a slight moment of hesitation as a doctor is the difference between life and death. When the female character had a major fail in the series he was compassionate. His apparent antagonism towards the MC made sense and was set up from the very start. Do Han actually became kinder and more compassionate progressively during the twenty episodes and his character development was wonderful to watch.

Agreed that Sasuke became really unlikable in part 2 when the plot that was about Naruto centered too much the Uchiha's to the point of absurdity.  Kishimoto breaking the trio's structure ended setting up the series' downfall. Kishi realized that and tried to find another one in Sai but to no avail and highlighted even more Sasuke's importance.

Edit: Good Doctor drama made me realize that making Sasuke go was his greatest mistake. The trio complement and balance each others so well in the Korean series. Chae brings love and compassion to Park Shi On whereas Do Han brings out strength, discipline, and toughness out of him similarly to how team 7 used to work.

Edited by hinataiscreepy, 28 January 2018 - 02:55 PM.

#23 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 28 January 2018 - 03:47 PM

Do Han looked like an a hole but I understand that a slight moment of hesitation as a doctor is the difference between life and death. When the female character had a major fail in the series he was compassionate. His apparent antagonism towards the MC made sense and was set up from the very start. Do Han actually became kinder and more compassionate progressively during the twenty episodes and his character development was wonderful to watch.

Agreed that Sasuke became really unlikable in part 2 when the plot that was about Naruto centered too much the Uchiha's to the point of absurdity.  Kishimoto breaking the trio's structure ended setting up the series' downfall. Kishi realized that and tried to find another one in Sai but to no avail and highlighted even more Sasuke's importance.

Edit: Good Doctor drama made me realize that making Sasuke go was his greatest mistake. The trio complement and balance each others so well in the Korean series. Chae brings love and compassion to Park Shi On whereas Do Han brings out strength, discipline, and toughness out of him similarly to how team 7 used to work.

I don't know. Aside from Naruto/Sakura looking for him, Sasuke's plot was basically separated from the rest. They were too busy fighting the Akatsuki and I remember large gaps where you didn't even see Sasuke.

#24 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

The One True Demi-Goddess of Misfortune

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, things, people.

https://twitter.com/Huldra_Nix

Posted 28 January 2018 - 05:24 PM

Naruto and Sakura would have been so much better off if they had just moved on from Sasuke. Sai was the better friend- hell a better HUMAN being than Sasuke, and just like Sakura he basically gets ignored by Naruto in next gen. 

Ah man, Think of how perfect it could have been. Naruto and Sakura being married and being Best friends to Married Ino and Sai  :argh:

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611991db478fd57f4321b
                                         Pls shame me for procrastinating.  :argh: 

#25 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 28 January 2018 - 08:55 PM

I specifically want 2 guys/1 girl. I will check out Strike though.

You're not gonna find much of the same dynamic.

Kingdom Hearts is a good example.
Yurara has an interesting one with the girl having two personalities that likes two different guys.
Ouren High School Host club, but the girl is split between 3 boys instead of two.

You can find many differnet love triangles.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#26 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 28 January 2018 - 09:59 PM

You're not gonna find much of the same dynamic.

Kingdom Hearts is a good example.
Yurara has an interesting one with the girl having two personalities that likes two different guys.
Ouren High School Host club, but the girl is split between 3 boys instead of two.

You can find many differnet love triangles.

Oh I know, I love me a good love triangle. I was just wondering if anyone knew about ones that had a similar dynamic to Naruto/Sakura/Sasuke, but with a better outcome.

Edited by jak123, 28 January 2018 - 10:00 PM.

#27 hinataiscreepy

hinataiscreepy

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 03:51 PM

I don't know. Aside from Naruto/Sakura looking for him, Sasuke's plot was basically separated from the rest. They were too busy fighting the Akatsuki and I remember large gaps where you didn't even see Sasuke.

The issue is that the Sasuke focus made you wonder more than once if he was actually the main character. Too many plot points resolved around Naruto chasing and screaming Sasuke which became unbearably redundant and even pathetic  (punched by the rock ninja girl). Moments where Naruto showed his courage with the written exam against all odds and earning the respect of other people by standing his ground. Or when he defeated Neji one of the absolute favorite and going against his fate to become Hokage made Naruto into an extremely simple, relatable, and compelling character. Naruto stopped being lovable little by little when Sasuke became one of his main goals.

@Tsuki Hoshino

I just think that Sasuke should have never left Konoha in the first place. Part 1 could have ended with a tie between Naruto and Sasuke being KO by making the Uchiha  have the same realization at the end of part 2 that he was jealous and team 7 became his family.  Or he could have made Sasuke return in all out war against Orochimaru in the middle of part 2 like after the Hidan and kakuzu arc would have been the ideal moment.

Sai was personally not my favorite because of his design and he felt like a character that Kishi was trying to replace Sasuke who never got as popular as him in the end. I actually think Kishi intended Ino to end up with Choji with moments when she gives him advice to lose weight, showing concern with his dad when he almost died, and complimenting on his look when he was slimmer.

Edit: Its just that the korean drama Good doctor made me realize that you cannot separate the main trio otherwise there will be a void left that ultimately killed the Naruto series.

Edited by hinataiscreepy, 29 January 2018 - 03:52 PM.

#28 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 04:50 PM

I just think that Sasuke should have never left Konoha in the first place. Part 1 could have ended with a tie between Naruto and Sasuke being KO by making the Uchiha  have the same realization at the end of part 2 that he was jealous and team 7 became his family.  Or he could have made Sasuke return in all out war against Orochimaru in the middle of part 2 like after the Hidan and kakuzu arc would have been the ideal moment.

Sai was personally not my favorite because of his design and he felt like a character that Kishi was trying to replace Sasuke who never got as popular as him in the end. I actually think Kishi intended Ino to end up with Choji with moments when she gives him advice to lose weight, showing concern with his dad when he almost died, and complimenting on his look when he was slimmer.

I was fine with him leaving, and I liked him going down this path of evil, but he should have stayed evil. He's forgiven WAY too easily.

Boruto should be this: Naruto is Hokage and married to Sakura. They still have Boruto. Sasuke is a rogue ninja part of Orochimaru's group and is married to Karin. They have Sarada. Sasuke has her infiltrate Konoha, but because he's treated her like kitten, she becomes conflicted as a spy. You could still have Boruto and Sarada still go down those paths of connecting with each other's father. You would also get the added bonus of Sarada being an Uzumaki because of Karin. 

Honestly, I thought Ino would end up with Chouji as well. It would have been better for her character because it would have shown maturity by moving on from her shallow crush on Sasuke. Same goes for Sakura. Also all that romantic development between her and Naruto wouldn't have been pointless.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users