• This topic is locked This topic is locked
54 replies to this topic

#21 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 27 November 2009 - 01:43 AM

Stan Hansen has nothing on THOSE Lariats! wow.png As for Sai here's hoping he confirms that Sakura does indeed love Naruto and he does it quick cuz Naruto needs to help Sakura fight Sasuke.

uc.png

#22 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 02:47 AM

All NaruSaku needs is a perfect moment for it to happen. One perfect moment to set the deal.

No offense to NaruHina fans or any others, but those pairings need more development to happen.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#23 Pite

Pite

I'm a cat with glasses and a piece of chalk in my hand!

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Too long to write about.

Posted 27 November 2009 - 02:49 AM

Told ya Kisame was fish sticks when he took off his cloak.
The meaning of life is to find your own meaning of life.

#24 RedDelicious

RedDelicious

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 03:10 AM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Nov 26 2009, 10:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Then I want to see Tsunade and the Mizukage meet and talk make-out.

Fixed. woot.gif

#25 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 03:10 AM

DOUBLE. LARIAT.

My freaking GOD the Raikage is awesome. He's only been around for a relatively short time and he's quickly become my favorite Kage thanks to his sheer epic win. He and Bee just rule.

I was kind of disappointed by how anti-climatic Kisame's death was. It was still cool...but not as...epic...? Eh, whatever the case, there goes one more powerhouse of a villain, heh.

He was Akatsuki; his crippling defeat was written. Kishi's basically all but castrated the group over the course of Part 2. They were supposed to be some badass group but since Part 2 started they've been one battle wonders.

At least his defeat was epic, assuming he's really done for now; that sign he was making could have some significance.

Edited by dl316bh, 27 November 2009 - 03:12 AM.

bd5.jpg

#26 Froot

Froot

She's Certainly a Hurricane

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 03:11 AM

Pite called it laugh.gif

So, tell us; What's next? wow.png

#27 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 27 November 2009 - 06:28 AM

QUOTE (RedDelicious @ Nov 26 2009, 10:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fixed. woot.gif

Ugh. I'm not interested in seeing strong female characters who just happen to have larger breasts turned into male wanking fantasies. I want to see the Mizukage and Tsunade TALK. (Kishimoto is thankfully not the type shonen mangaka who turns good female characters into male yuri fantasies. Instead he does something few shonen mangaka do- showing female friendship bonds are as important to girls and women and male friendship bonds are to boys and men. And no, I don't care for the female yaoi fantasies made up from male friendship bonds either. (NarutoxSasuke- Sasuke might very well be mostly gay and have love/hate feelings for Naruto, but Naruto is hetrosexual, more than a little homophobic and sees Sasuke as his brother.)

The Mizukage is probably in her mid 30's and definitely feeling pressured by her advisers about her age and being still unmarried. I could see Tsunade noticing this and empathizing, and talking about what happened with Dan and Jiraiya, and telling her to pursue love in her own way and time. The Mizukage is young enough that she may have admired Tsunade as a strong kunoichi (much like we saw Tenten did) even being from a country that had been their enemy. Tsunade was known across the ninja world when the Sanin were young adults as a very powerful kunoichi, skilled at medicine and fighting. Chiyo had a grudging respect for Tsunade because even as a teenager Sakura's age, she was able to counter any of Chiyo's poisons. The Mizukage we know literally fought to end and reform her country's bloody history, Tsunade as a great healer and fighter could have inspired the Mizukage to change her country.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#28 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 07:23 AM

The yuri thing was just a joke. biggrin.gif

And I'd like to see it as well.

#29 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 05:05 PM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Nov 26 2009, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
DOUBLE. LARIAT.

My freaking GOD the Raikage is awesome. He's only been around for a relatively short time and he's quickly become my favorite Kage thanks to his sheer epic win. He and Bee just rule.

He was Akatsuki; his crippling defeat was written. Kishi's basically all but castrated the group over the course of Part 2. They were supposed to be some badass group but since Part 2 started they've been one battle wonders.

At least his defeat was epic, assuming he's really done for now; that sign he was making could have some significance.

That and Masashi Kishomoto is still Masashi Kishimoto and this is still Naruto. And yes, the Akatsuki have been nothing short of disappointing.

However, he may be immune from the ressurection as he is a villain and not of the younger generation.

#30 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 05:42 PM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Nov 27 2009, 12:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And yes, the Akatsuki have been nothing short of disappointing.

I'd go one step further and say that all of the manga's major villains have been disappointing. The series seems to switch major threats on a dime and dumps them just as quick. First it's Orochimaru. That's cool. Until he's punked by Sasuke. Then it seems Akatsuki are the big bads. Alright, I could dig that; they've been set up since part one. Slowly, they're all revealed to be more or less a joke. Itachi? Nope, he's whacked too. Then here comes Nagato... whom is convinced his path is wrong. Then, here comes Madara... who hasn't done much of anything but be all sinister and tell various sides of each others plans.

Which all leads to this really disjointed feel and lack of a real direction. What's left? Sasuke, pretty much. But would Kishi really make him the big bad of the manga? I'm not hedging my bets. Really, I don't know what's going to happen anymore in this manga and not in the exciting way but the where-the-hell-is-this-going way. It doesn't even seem to have a basic direction anymore; if this was all just leading to a confrontation with Sasuke, then why didn't we just do that a while ago and skip the nonsense?

Cool moments like the Double Lariat from this chapter and the general relationship between Sakura and Naruto are basically what keeps me reading at this point, because the manga feels like it's been meandering for a long time.

However, he may be immune from the ressurection as he is a villain and not of the younger generation.

Certainly possible. I'd like to believe that sign meant something. But I've been reading the manga long enough to know that such is not a certainty.

Edited by dl316bh, 27 November 2009 - 05:43 PM.

bd5.jpg

#31 Froot

Froot

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 07:11 PM

hm.png

It may have been a joke, but it wasn't very funny. Like ciardha said, Tsunade is meant for more than male yuri-fantasy wanking material. That's all I gots to say fu.png

#32 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 07:59 PM

It may have been a joke, but it wasn't very funny.

Depends on the sense of humor of each individual, really. Someone else may have found it funny. These days almost any joke is likely to offend somebody. Just how it works. Besides that, even if RedDelicious wasn't joking I think that's the last thing Kishi would do with the manga, so I'm not even sure why this is even being taken even remotely serious for discussion.

Like ciardha said, Tsunade is meant for more than male yuri-fantasy wanking material.

Aren't most characters meant for more than that? That should go without saying, really. I don't think most characters outside of your typical shojo-ai/yuri anime are really meant for male/female yuri-fantasy wanking material.

Edited by dl316bh, 27 November 2009 - 08:21 PM.

bd5.jpg

#33 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 08:32 PM

I really liked how he wrapped up a few loose ends in this chapter. I'm excited for the next one in hopes that we'll get back to some big time stuff.
Also, glad to say that Kisame's death wasn't as disappointing as I thought it would be when I read the spoilers. FYI a head or body that continues to move or talk promply after decapitation has been known to happen. It was just kind of funny that Kisame would point out himself how freaking awesome that double lariat move was. (Is that even a Japanese name?)
I especially enjoyed the meeting between the two brothers Bee and Raikage. We've only been told about the relationship between these two guys via offhand comments and indirect information. The image I have is that these two have grown up together in two different forms of authority and often disagree with each other. So I thought it was pretty moving how they came together after a long time of being apart and worked in unison brilliantly without even communicating. You just wait and see if they don't go back to arguing the next time we see them. wink.gif

More talking about the chapter; less complaining about personal dissatisfactions, kay? thanks...

Edited by Nee-sama, 27 November 2009 - 08:36 PM.

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#34 AchikaMiyu

AchikaMiyu

Underpants Gnome

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 08:45 PM

Looks like KillerBee got a new pet. laugh.gif I hope the relationship between KillerBee and the Hachibi doesn't get too strained with a third wheel in the equation.
End of line.

#35 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 08:57 PM

QUOTE (Nee-sama @ Nov 27 2009, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
More talking about the chapter; less complaining about personal dissatisfactions, kay? thanks...

Well, the dissatisfaction is tied pretty largely to the chapter and the loss of another Akatsuki - whom have pretty much been nerfed as it is - so I didn't think I was going off topic or anything.
bd5.jpg

#36 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 09:17 PM

What a epic chapter! wow.png "The Double Lariat" is the official baddest wrestling move ever pimp.png and done by the baddest wrestlers of this manga (except Sage Mode Naruto). I never thought Kishi would of be-headed a ninja in this manga yet alone it being Kisame argh1.png , I give him credit for that at least and it would be even more greatful if he could man up and make narusaku.gif cannon.

I do believe Kisame is dead because he commented on Bee and Raikage being too fast which meant he wasn't able to complete his jutsu in time.

Seeing the team work displayed by Bee and his brother Raikage makes me want to see Naruto and Sakura tag team work together like that to take down Sasuke. wow.png

Hopefully I won't have to listen to anymore Kisame>Bee spam in the NF Prediction and Discussion threads anymore. dry.gif

Edited by Uzumakikage, 27 November 2009 - 09:48 PM.

#37 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 09:32 PM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Nov 27 2009, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Double Lariat" is the official baddest wrestling move ever pimp.png

I'm torn between the Double Lariat and Raikage's earlier fight with Sasuke where he powerbombed the punk so hard that it left a crater in the ground. My affinity for the powerbomb makes me want to go with that, but... they friggin decapped Kisame with the Double Lariat! It's difficult to decide which is more awesome.
bd5.jpg

#38 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 10:20 PM

WSJ Preview of 474 --Click here to view--
先が見えないバトル展開!!
A corner on previously unseen battles!!

サイがナルトに真実を告げる…!!そして…!?
Sai informs Naruto on the truth...!! And then...!
?

#39 RedDelicious

RedDelicious

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 10:54 PM

QUOTE (Freakazoid @ Nov 27 2009, 01:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The yuri thing was just a joke. biggrin.gif

It was a joke, otherwise:
1) there would have been more text after the one word (to start a discussion)
2) the goofy emoticon would not have been there.

I suppose I should have been more obvious, 'cause I can imagine other
posters writing something similar (with a straight face).

I wouldn't have posted it, but it was too good of a joke set-up by ciardha to pass up.
Not a fan of yuri myself. The idea of taking two interesting characters with depth,
and imagining that Kishi would devolve into fan-service, was the joke (like dl316bh
said).

#40 Froot

Froot

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 01:23 PM

It was a joke, otherwise:
1) there would have been more text after the one word (to start a discussion)
2) the goofy emoticon would not have been there.

I suppose I should have been more obvious, 'cause I can imagine other
posters writing something similar (with a straight face).

I wouldn't have posted it, but it was too good of a joke set-up by ciardha to pass up.
Not a fan of yuri myself. The idea of taking two interesting characters with depth,
and imagining that Kishi would devolve into fan-service, was the joke (like dl316bh
said).

That argument was so yesterday fu.png

WSJ Preview of 474 --Click here to view--
先が見えないバトル展開!!
A corner on previously unseen battles!!

サイがナルトに真実を告げる…!!そして…!?
Sai informs Naruto on the truth...!! And then...!?

Whassat mean?

Edited by Froot, 28 November 2009 - 01:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users