• This topic is locked This topic is locked
86 replies to this topic

#41 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:02 AM

Dattebayo, I just don't think she was being Manipulative. She was considering his safety, if that is being manipulative than so be it.

#42 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:10 AM

Hmmmm......

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#43 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:18 AM

Nice post Dattebayo happy.gif

Unfortunately, while manipulative seems like a harsh word to use, it is true that Sakura was hoping Naruto would return with her to the village out of love for her. That's why she confessed. So yeah, she was manipulating him in that way. However, that doesn't mean she wasn't sincere about it, which I believe she was, thus she got angry.

I fear that Sakura might end up as a way for Sasuke to show Naruto 'true hatred'. Can't remember exactly what Sasuke said, but he was saying something about wanting others to feel his hatred... I don't know if, in Sasuke's eyes, Jiraiya's death would be enough. But if anything happened to Sakura...well you can imagine the pain Naruto would be in. Only then might Sasuke say Naruto understands how he feels. >.<

#44 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:28 AM

He couldn't even kill Hinata, why would he have the guts to kill Sakura. I think the death Jaiya's death, the almost death of Hinata was to show his true hatred.

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 06 November 2009 - 04:31 AM.

#45 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:29 AM

^ I didn't say kill her, but harm her in some way or make it seem like he killed her. I don't think Sakura will die. Also, Naruto said he understood Sasuke a little bit, didn't he? As in, he can't understand fully unless he had gone through the same thing.

Edited by Miss Soupy, 06 November 2009 - 04:31 AM.

#46 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:32 AM

QUOTE (Miss Soupy @ Nov 5 2009, 10:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^ I didn't say kill her, but harm her in some way or make it seem like he killed her. I don't think Sakura will die.

I say that she might be used as bait myself.

#47 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:32 AM

Naruto doesn't understand all of Sasuke's hatred. Only a little bit, he even said it himself.

To understand it, Naruto would have to experience a brother dying, a family murdered and being manipulated by a villain. Almost killing one girl and offing a father figure really doesn't do it.

#48 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:37 AM

I believe, that offing one girl and then destroying his entire village can have some effect plus add that with Jaiya's death. I believe that he has experienced that hatred he did want revenge against Negtro/pein, but he proved to take the higher rode.

#49 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:41 AM

But the only person Naruto truly lost was Jiraiya...Hinata didn't die, the villagers survived or were revived. Sure it hurt, but at the end of the day Naruto only lost one. A huge blow, yes, but does it equal what Sasuke felt? I don't think so, and I don't think Naruto even thinks so, thus he says he understands a LITTLE bit.

#50 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 05:07 AM

When you become attached to someone emotionally in this story, it usually ends up wrong...if you can see it, those kind of relationships usually end up in tragedy. Eg. Rin/Obito Asuma/Kurenai, and Jiraiya/Tsunade. Just get ready to expect the unexpected that's all...I guess Minato and Kushina as well, but theirs was different.

Edited by Strangelove, 06 November 2009 - 05:10 AM.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#51 RedDelicious

RedDelicious

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 05:11 AM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Nov 5 2009, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And remember how dumbfounded the male Konoha jonins that had been fleeing the giant centipede when Sakura killed it in one blow.

Not just that she smote it so easily, but that she had fun doing it, just like Naruto would. "Hell yeah!" (Hmm... OneManga has a different translation from before, it says "baaaaaaasssttaaarrrd!" now...)

QUOTE (Cloud @ Nov 5 2009, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Naruto doesn't understand all of Sasuke's hatred. Only a little bit, he even said it himself.

To understand it, Naruto would have to experience a brother dying, a family murdered and being manipulated by a villain. Almost killing one girl and offing a father figure really doesn't do it.

I can imagine Sasuke spending hours on end complaining that his shoes hurt his feet. Sasuke would then encounter a man with no feet. Rather than gaining perspective, Sasuke would kill the footless man, and then complain that Sasuke's feet really hurt from kicking the man to death. dry.gif

Edited by RedDelicious, 06 November 2009 - 05:12 AM.

#52 Dattebayo

Dattebayo

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 05:25 AM

Miss Soupy- Thanks =) Yeah I agree with you, I do think her confession was genuine- just that the time she chose to confess, as well as the way she worded it, showed that she was using it to manipulate Naruto, in order to protect him. She knew he'd be safest in Konoha and used the best leverage she had at the time. However she also has a plan B (meaning she is so intent on protecting Naruto that she is prepared to use any maneuver possible to keep him safe. Instead of trashing her for it though, I am glad she is finally taking things into her own hands instead of standing around waiting for Naruto to give up on Sasuke. I also love that she's preparing to deal with Sasuke herself to save Naruto from more pain- it shows that she truly does love Naruto.

Ryrinea Haruno- I didn't mean that she was doing it for selfish reasons- as I said earlier I believe her feelings are genuine, and that she does love Naruto. But she was being manipulative- the strange choice of words she was using, and the line about "women being as fickle as the autumn sky"- gave the whole thing a very fake air. Leading people to assume (wrongly, in my opinion) that she was lying about her feelings.
Think about it, if she was confessing ONLY to make her feelings known, would she have done it in that time and that place? Surrounded by all their friends and their teachers? She DID have an ulterior motive. But ultimately its to protect Naruto, so I don't think she was in the wrong. I admire her for doing what she did.

Edited by Dattebayo, 06 November 2009 - 05:26 AM.

#53 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 05:37 AM

QUOTE (Miss Soupy @ Nov 5 2009, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But the only person Naruto truly lost was Jiraiya...Hinata didn't die, the villagers survived or were revived. Sure it hurt, but at the end of the day Naruto only lost one. A huge blow, yes, but does it equal what Sasuke felt? I don't think so, and I don't think Naruto even thinks so, thus he says he understands a LITTLE bit.

I doubt Sakura will die. but I do believe she might be used as bait to lure Naruto.

I can imagine Sasuke spending hours on end complaining that his shoes hurt his feet. Sasuke would then encounter a man with no feet. Rather than gaining perspective, Sasuke would kill the footless man, and then complain that Sasuke's feet really hurt from kicking the man to death.

I can too, and he'll justify everything by saying his family was killed, so they don't understand his hatred blah blah.

When you become attached to someone emotionally in this story, it usually ends up wrong...if you can see it, those kind of relationships usually end up in tragedy. Eg. Rin/Obito Asuma/Kurenai, and Jiraiya/Tsunade. Just get ready to expect the unexpected that's all...I guess Minato and Kushina as well, but theirs was different.

Also, one of the major themes here is that the younger generation will surpass the old.....

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 06 November 2009 - 05:40 AM.

#54 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 05:43 AM

QUOTE (RedDelicious @ Nov 6 2009, 12:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can imagine Sasuke spending hours on end complaining that his shoes hurt his feet. Sasuke would then encounter a man with no feet. Rather than gaining perspective, Sasuke would kill the footless man, and then complain that Sasuke's feet really hurt from kicking the man to death. dry.gif

Dear God. It's so wrong but I lol'd.

AND YES OMG I CAN IMAGINE THAT TOOO HEE xd LIEK I SEE IT TOO

#55 Merger Knight

Merger Knight

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 06:03 AM

QUOTE (Prime @ Nov 5 2009, 01:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well it shows the confession was real and everything is falling into place once you consider the kind of character Sakura is. She's the female character that like in most manga always has to cross obstacles to become stronger. She had to fight Ino and Sasori and herself to confess to Naruto. But the last obstacle is the biggest and that is Sasuke.

Naruto accepted the fact that Sakura no longer wants to save Sasuke. So it seems he has accepted the confession also. But he is still wanting to save Sasuke. So if Sakura is going to Sasuke I'd say the chances of Naruto showing up are pretty good.

Can't wait for that

QUOTE (Prime @ Nov 5 2009, 01:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also it looks like Kisame is going to be way stronger then it previously looked.

of course

otherwise he would of been killed of ages ago

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Nov 5 2009, 03:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think it is a bad fan fiction, I think its part of the Sakura arc.

is this Sakura's first arc

#56 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 06:24 AM

is this Sakura's first arc[

It was promised by Kishimoto that Sakura would have a growing up arc soon.

#57 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 06 November 2009 - 06:38 AM

Kishimoto won't do it, but I think it would be funny if someone did a fanfic where Sakura beat the hell out of Sasuke, bound him up, and drug him back to Naruto, dumping him at Naruto's feet and stood there with her arms crossed and said "you wanted to redeem him, here you go, have at it." Can you imagine Naruto's (not to mention Kakashi's) bug eyed look of shock? biggrin.gif
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#58 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 07:34 AM

If Sakura died from Sasori's poison and was brought back to life by granny Chiyo, you should have realized then that Kishi won't kill Sakura. The same scenario applies to Kakashi and the rest of the main characters.

#59 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 01:13 PM

Yeah it would suck if suddenly Kishi kills Sakura...

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#60 Phylax

Phylax

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:sports, hanging out with firends and going to the disco (!!!). I also like Naruto of course the Simpsons

Posted 06 November 2009 - 06:42 PM

it's obvious that sakura wasn't completley honest to Naruto, but i think,that she really loves him. She just realized as well as naruto,that she has been partially lying to herself,saying,that she doesn't care anymore about bringing sasuke back,which made her confession strange. As she realized this,she found out,that her feelings for sasuke only can be put to a rest,if she confronts him, so she can see the real grown up sasuke.
i think that kishi wanted to show us, that the relationship between sakura and naruto is deepening. this chapter shows us that from now on the friendship between the two is slowly turning into love:kishi dosn't want to make a soap opera out this manga, so he can't just let sakura confess to naruto her love after all what happened between the two,while naruto always wanted her to love him...
The reason why i think,that sakuras really loves him is, that she wouldn't tell naruto that she loves him,if she was his best friend,because she knows,that she would hurt him badly,if she told him he loved him and then told him, that she was lying to him about her feelngs.

kisame vs killerbee is going to be great!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users