2627 replies to this topic

#2301 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 07:34 PM

If Gatomon Digivolved into another Holy Beast Digimon for a Perfect / Ultimate level, then it would make a lot more sense. Otherwise, Magnadramon is only really connected more closely to Gatomon, but becoming Angewomon for the Perfect / Ultimate level and then Magnadramon just feels so odd.

At least Lucemon makes sense from a mythological / religious standpoint as Child Mode is supposed to be Lucifer when he was a loyal angel, Chaos Mode / Falldown Mode is supposed to be when he is first cast out of heaven by god (so is in-between good and evil), and Satan Mode being when he fully becomes the devil.

Unfortunately they didn't thinking about it more, they just went with the has to belong to the four great dragons  :facepalm:

About Lucemon SM was a good combination because represent the dragon in the revelation book.

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#2302 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 10:18 PM

Okay it's OUT!!!!!!!

Share your thoughts after you watch :happy:

[post='https://www.watchcar...-english-subbed'][/post]

Actually that is only the last part of the movie I'll try find the other parts

Edited by Phantom_999, 04 May 2018 - 10:39 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#2303 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 02:12 AM

Okay it's OUT!!!!!!!

Share your thoughts after you watch :happy:

Actually that is only the last part of the movie I'll try find the other parts

I just found the first part on YT unfortunately my tablet has to charge and I will watch the rest. At last Davids and the other kind appear. Seeing how things are coming I think we will have  Digimon Adventure 2 Tri XD.

#2304 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 08:11 AM

Well found it on watch cartoononline here you go

#2305 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 05:44 PM

Can anyone tell me after watching it if Sora got with Yamato and/or Tai got with Meiko ?

#2306 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 08:21 PM

Can anyone tell me after watching it if Sora got with Yamato and/or Tai got with Meiko ?

They don't explicitly say one way or another, but it's definitely being implied even though, spoiler, Meiko moved back to her old town as we learn in a three month time skip epilogue.

Omegamon Merciful Mode is now one of the top-tier Digimonin practically one-shotting Ordinemon.

Unfortunately, this final episode does NOTHING to fix the mess that the latter half of tri became.

I'll just leave my kissanime comment...

The first half - the first three episodes - wer e quite good, IMO,because that was where we were getting more character development andtrue emotional feelings from the cast and such.

It's the second half where it just became a complete mess. You can tell that they really had NO idea where to take things and so seemed to be trying to throw a whole bunch of things in at once...

Like Yggdrasil and the Royal Knights with some more Alphamon (who was strangely completely absent in the final episode) and even Jesmon, so I was hoping that we would see Daemon again and start introducing some of the Seven Great Demon Lords along with involving Dragomon when they were showing the Dark Ocean again, or at least have a confrontation with Yggdrasil itself and Digivolve Agumon and Gabumon into VictoryGreymon and ZeedGarurumon to take it down. Or trying to give some sort of identity to Homeostasis...and failing.

They barely filled in any of the 02 plot-holes while creating even more (which I have a bad feeling they still won't cover in the sequel project) while also just completely destroying the mysticism surrounding the Digimon Sovereigns - turning them into just other past partner Digimon rather than simply extremely old and powerful Digimon, which now creates the plothole of why this was never mentioned by Qinglongmon / Azulongmon to the 02 cast. Also, the power he demonstrated against BlackWarGreymon while still largely sealed, REALLY begs the question on how the Sovereigns could lose to the Dark Masters and be sealed away in the first place, so dumbing them down into just being other partner Digimon seemed to be the only way to justify it.

There wasn't much point to Meiko aside from trying to justify their ridiculous 02 shipping while Meicoomon was little more than a macguffin (or convenience in terms of Omegamon Merciful Mode). They mentioned a piece of Apocalymon's data ending up embedded in her to explain a virus and why Meicoomon would have bouts of violence and such, but that seems to have gone out the window.

Evil Gennai just felt pointless overall too aside from throwing in crazy faces and cheesy evil monologues while trying to remind everyone that 02 still exists with his constant Digimon Emperor appearance.

Himekawa is most likely being saved for the sequel project and will probably work with Daemon and/or Dragomon or something against the 02 cast, and Tapirmon could be the macguffin then.

In terms of Gennai mentioning Daemon and Diablomon / Diaboromon, I have a feeling that he means "reviving" them to use to fight like he did MetalSeadramon, Mugendramon, and Devimon.

In terms of just this part, I'd probably give it a 1.5 to 2/5, or a 3 or 4/10, but in terms of tri as a whole, maybe 6/10, but that's largely due to the first three episodes feeling FAR more like 01 before it took a really bad tumble downhill after the Reboot. It definitely had potential to be amazing all the way through, but I guess we overestimated the makers and they blew their load too quickly in the first half. They really should have just left out Meiko and Meicoomon and focused on Yggdrasil and Alphamon and such.

2e5.gif

#2307 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 09:56 PM

I know they're implying with Tai and Meiko, but as long as they don't explicitly say it then I'm fine. Same with Sora and Yamato.

The thing is they're playing and throwing hints with all the shippings especially Tai x Sora and Yamato x Sora.

I like Digimon adventure, but not shoving an unknown character to our faces many times who is Meiko. They should take it easy.

So, did the producers say there's going to be Tri. 2 ?

#2308 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 10:26 PM

I know they're implying with Tai and Meiko, but as long as they don't explicitly say it then I'm fine. Same with Sora and Yamato.

The thing is they're playing and throwing hints with all the shippings especially Tai x Sora and Yamato x Sora.

I like Digimon adventure, but not shoving an unknown character to our faces many times who is Meiko. They should take it easy.

So, did the producers say there's going to be Tri. 2 ?

Watch the Digimon  :argh: . You right they just implied those shpping, but nothing more. About a possible Tri 2 well:

By Digisoulnet.

In twitter, in means ( the classic phrase in the ending of the Digimon previews) and a new project is coming.

31588543_1693228470714293_45209628186435

#2309 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 11:13 PM

Well Looks like the spoiler were right. In end there are a lot things that we needed answers. The last movie is screaming continuation. I have to ask questions if we see everything  was happening with Tri.

Do you think Toei should have told us, hey  we plan to do a continuation? I mean because the incontinence of Tri mostly the fandom hate Tri thinking that this movie will cover  all the story. Now it is possible that we know what Toei is thinking.

Does Tri really work? I mean at least in the web was hate it or they like it. Memes, jokes, and bad reviews on YT.

Does Digimon Tri has the plot holes? I mean if you unite Adventure and 02  story has the holes plots, but by separate, Adventure Tri is complete even the if talk about the light novel  in the movie the cover the story of Hackmon , the one that has the plot holes is 02. All fans wanted Zeed Milleniumon, Deamon, but it seems Toei did not want it like that. Now that Dark Gennai mentioned Deamon, looks  we are talking business. 

Edited by Liu bie, 05 May 2018 - 11:14 PM.

#2310 Yojeveka

Yojeveka

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku, Pokémon, Nuzlockes, Voice Acting

Posted 06 May 2018 - 01:56 AM

To each their own, but I really think that Tri was nothing more than a fan service/plot holes fest. They just used the first cast for nostalgia's sake and kinda ruined them. If they wanted to justify certain epilogue, it didn't work.

Edited by Yojeveka, 06 May 2018 - 03:20 AM.

2r2sxtg.gif

*Needs an English Talker*

#2311 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 04:11 AM

Well I haven't watched the 6th movie yet but I can agree with you to an extent. They used Digimon Adventure for the sake of nostalgia and ultimately did not do the plot or character development justice in my eyes because they are either skipped or resolved VERY half halfheartedly, not at all helped by them having SO MUCH FOCUS on Meiko and Meicoomon when they will be rendered irrelevant anyway as they were not mentioned in the adventure epilogue. I have felt so since  since the last half of Confession. What I WILL admit to enjoying a lot though is to see everyone, not just Tai and Matt getting their mega forms. but that doesn't give much comfort since I don't even see the fights as interesting other than Omnimon against Alphamon and even that one wasn't amazing. In fact that is why I'm on the fence if there will be a Digimon tri. anime or continuation of sorts because I feel they won't do a very good job with that either.

Edited by Phantom_999, 07 May 2018 - 06:22 PM.

#2312 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 04:39 PM

Another thing is that Tri. was not following Digimon 02 regarding pairings. Shouldn't Yamato and Sora be already dating in high school ? We don't see that in Tri. What I saw are hints of Tai x Sora and Yamato x Sora; The former much more than the latter along with Trivias like a calendar showing only Tai x Sora, picnic pic of Tai x Sora and Izzy x Mimi.

I think they will definitely do Tri. 2, but this pairing fest with many shippings is ridiculous.

To each their own, but I really think that Tri was nothing more than a fan service/plot holes fest. They just used the first cast for nostalgia's sake and kinda ruined them. If they wanted to justify certain epilogue, it didn't work.

If they're trying to justify the Digimon Adventure 02 epilogue, they're doing that very badly.

#2313 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 04:53 PM

You can hate me or love me, still is awesome 

Edited by Liu bie, 06 May 2018 - 04:54 PM.

#2314 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 07:16 PM

Ophanimon is Gatomon's true route for Ultimate evolution form. Everyone know this  :glare:

Edited by T XD, 06 May 2018 - 07:18 PM.

#2315 Yojeveka

Yojeveka

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku, Pokémon, Nuzlockes, Voice Acting

Posted 06 May 2018 - 09:32 PM

Ophanimon is Gatomon's true route for Ultimate evolution form. Everyone know this  :glare:

Everyone but Toei. Just like the pairings they chose 8D 

2r2sxtg.gif

*Needs an English Talker*

#2316 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 10:24 PM

Everyone but Toei. Just like the pairings they chose 8D 

Ophanimon and the concept of the Three Celestial Digimon/Great Angels did not exist yet at the time. Pity  many fans wants Ophanimon just to represent a ship :mellow: 

#2317 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 11:35 PM

I don't care about the shipping, I just want an Angel to digivolve into an angel, besides why would Gatomon have Ophanimon fall down mode as a dark mega form but Magnadramon as her regular mega?

#2318 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 12:41 AM

I don't care about the shipping, I just want an Angel to digivolve into an angel, besides why would Gatomon have Ophanimon fall down mode as a dark mega form but Magnadramon as her regular mega?

Well bud I like dragons and belongs to my party on HM. I think they you thought return it to a best mode well got Ophanimon.

#2319 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts
  • Interests:Games, Anime, OUAT....stuff I can't remember...and music!

Posted 07 May 2018 - 05:06 AM

So....what about Koumi?...

tumblr_m8a1skcZ6M1rx8yloo1_500.jpg

Joui Four

#2320 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 02:46 PM

Magnadramon is the slide digivolution of Gatomon, damn it !

Ophanimon is Gatomon's ultimate digivolution.

Ophanimon and the concept of the Three Celestial Digimon/Great Angels did not exist yet at the time. Pity many fans wants Ophanimon just to represent a ship :mellow:

Ophanimon is Gatomon's canon Ultimate form. Magnadramon was introduced in a Digimon Adventure 02 movie :P

Ophanimon shipped with who ? Seraphimon ? Whatever. Just stick with Gatomon's normal route of digivolution. How hard can this be :twitch: 

So....what about Koumi?...

You mean Izzy and Mimi. It's the most implied pairing in Tri. The rest of the pairings are a fest of complicated hints thrown everywhere.

Exactly. There's no reason other than mere preference.

If Gatomon will digivolve again into her ultimate form in Tri 2., they should let space for Ophanimon. We didn't see Ophanimon in her regular form, so they should put that in some episode.

Edited by T XD, 07 May 2018 - 07:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users