• 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, anime & manga, animals, dog training & behavior

"If I stumble, take a tumble
    Go ahead serve me another
    And if I fall I’ll give it my all
    ‘Cause the fall is half the fight "

Posted 31 May 2014 - 07:29 AM

Well.

Yeah, I find myself wanting to post about my life online lately because talking about my life helps me understand it better and get it in order and life is confusing and a bit scary for me right now. So...seems like this could be nice? Kind of like a place to vent, rave about things I enjoy, or whatever...I guess. Right?

Hm. Well, my journal on dA often serves for that purpose, but there are things I don't like posting there. (Not that it's anything bad.)

So, hm...life right now is finding ways to earn money, looking for a job, trying to complete my education, trying to practice and improve on my artwork, taking care of my pets, etc, and trying to find a healthy balance between work and play. I'm a young adult, and feel like I really don't know what I'm doing. (My dad died over a year ago, so I feel like I lost a valuable source of guidance.) But then the only way to get past that is to keep moving forward and get some experience.

School is...well, complicated. Anyway, I'm having to opt for a GED. But I won't be able to take classes until July.

Hope alla that doesn't seem too emo, heh...I'm not like that, really. I like to think I'm an optimistic person, though not to the point of being unrealistic.

Edited by questdrivencollie, 31 May 2014 - 07:35 AM.

tumblr_inline_nt19in1cWl1sat1vz_540_zpsd
"Don't ever turn me loose
Even when I turn my back"
~Relient K

#2 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Location:What does that even mean? My 'location' changes all the time...
  • Interests:NaruSaku, SasuNaru, SasuHina, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Kakashi, Madara (especially when he's badass xD), Hashirama's laugh <3, forums, debating about random s**t, bananas, lemons, the color yellow, the number 29, people cheating on other people, people killing themselves, the power of bonds and s**t, anime, manga, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, and much more, chibis, drawing, dogs, cats, frogs, angst, tragedy, fluff, music, punk rock, piano, dubstep, trance, Avril Lavigne, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, monsters, zombies, vampires, demons, violence, sex, supernatural s**t, food, fat people, anorexic people, Dora the Explorer, and Barney the mother-effing dinosaur. :)

Posted 01 June 2014 - 02:03 AM

Well everyone has an emo side. It's normal. I'm normally an optimistic person too, but I have my moments.

Life isn't easy, and I don't think there's ever just one correct way to live it. Sometimes you just have to go along with whatever comes your way, and deal with it (unfortunately) (or fortunately - depends). I also find myself raving about random stuff that happens in my life, at times. It really does help, in a weird way... 

Life sure is hard work. So basically most of us probably know how you feel :l

tumblr_inline_miqmooGYSM1qz4rgp.gif

Why do people NOT ship these two? I just don't get it.

Probably cause they hate Sakura. When she's probably the most developed female character in the whole show.

I respect Hinata, but Sakura deserves some too.

#3 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 01 June 2014 - 02:49 AM

For starters let me just send you my condolences on losing you father. Losing someone, especially a parent, must be very difficult. However it seems that you know that you need to keep moving forward, and that is the best thing to do. Life isn't easy, nor does it have a plan you have to follow. You choose your path, there is no right or wrong way. So even though you may feel unsure at times, know that everyone, and I mean everyone feels like that at some point in their lives as well.

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#4 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 03:07 PM

Well, leaving on a trip tomorrow morning. I'll be back next Friday evening. Will have very little internet access, so you won't hear much from me.

This will most likely be my only trip and only real beak this summer. Been looking forward to it for months.  :th_yeah:

~Relient K

#5 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 03:22 AM

Well spent today relaxing for the most part--because the next week is going to get very busy. It's busy in the fun way, but I'll be tired as a dog when it's over.

Despite my trying to relax, was too energized to stay still and for a little while found myself bored in a way that I haven't been since I was a kid. The solution? Watch anime. lol It kept my mind occupied while my body lay still. So I guess I got some form of rest in.

Later on had to run some last minute errands. And now I should get off the computer and go to bed, because I need to be up at 7 AM.

See you all in a week!

Edited by questdrivencollie, 07 June 2014 - 03:24 AM.

~Relient K

#6 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 03:25 AM

Well everyone has an emo side. It's normal. I'm normally an optimistic person too, but I have my moments.

Life isn't easy, and I don't think there's ever just one correct way to live it. Sometimes you just have to go along with whatever comes your way, and deal with it (unfortunately) (or fortunately - depends). I also find myself raving about random stuff that happens in my life, at times. It really does help, in a weird way... 

Life sure is hard work. So basically most of us probably know how you feel :l

For starters let me just send you my condolences on losing you father. Losing someone, especially a parent, must be very difficult. However it seems that you know that you need to keep moving forward, and that is the best thing to do. Life isn't easy, nor does it have a plan you have to follow. You choose your path, there is no right or wrong way. So even though you may feel unsure at times, know that everyone, and I mean everyone feels like that at some point in their lives as well.

Wanted to say thanks to you both. And it's good to know I'm not the only one. Quite a relief, really.

Edited by questdrivencollie, 07 June 2014 - 03:26 AM.

~Relient K

#7 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Location:What does that even mean? My 'location' changes all the time...
  • Interests:NaruSaku, SasuNaru, SasuHina, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Kakashi, Madara (especially when he's badass xD), Hashirama's laugh <3, forums, debating about random s**t, bananas, lemons, the color yellow, the number 29, people cheating on other people, people killing themselves, the power of bonds and s**t, anime, manga, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, and much more, chibis, drawing, dogs, cats, frogs, angst, tragedy, fluff, music, punk rock, piano, dubstep, trance, Avril Lavigne, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, monsters, zombies, vampires, demons, violence, sex, supernatural s**t, food, fat people, anorexic people, Dora the Explorer, and Barney the mother-effing dinosaur. :)

Posted 07 June 2014 - 04:02 AM

No problem Collie :)

tumblr_inline_miqmooGYSM1qz4rgp.gif

Why do people NOT ship these two? I just don't get it.

Probably cause they hate Sakura. When she's probably the most developed female character in the whole show.

I respect Hinata, but Sakura deserves some too.

#8 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 07 June 2014 - 04:29 PM

It was my pleasure :D

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#9 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:32 AM

I am back and I had an awesome time. That was one physically exhausting week. It got harder and harder to wake up each morning. xD

So, back to real life.

~Relient K

#10 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 02:33 AM

So just going to leave something quick in honor of my dad for father's day.

My dad was actually my stepdad, but he treated me and raised me as if I was actually his daughter. I learned a lot from him and I would not be the same person had he not been in my life.

This song makes me think of him, as he was a strong Christian:

There's also this drawing I did as a tribute last year:

http://colliequest.d...y-dad-378293837

Edited by questdrivencollie, 16 June 2014 - 02:40 AM.

~Relient K

#11 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 08:32 AM

This song is so catchy. I'm tempted to go and buy it off iTunes right now. But I'm trying to save up my money.

Eh. So glad the week is over. Hasn't been a very productive week.

Job search--have a few leads I'm going to work on. Some of the fast food places practically down the street from what I live are hiring. Also, the new grocery store that replaced the old one recently. There's also the animal shelter, which I put in a lot of volunteer hours at a few years ago. And my church also pays people to clean, something I have good experience in. (That said, they probably don't need anybody because a lot of people volunteer their time.)

I'm rather reluctant to try a job at a fast food place because I don't feel like I have a ton of relevant experience there, but seeing as they'll hire teenagers it can't be that hard. So I have no excuse.

Well, it wasn't all unproductive. I helped my church with their VBS this week. Was a random helper, mostly just took on small tasks that came up and helped watch the kids.

Even if it was small, I'm happy to be able to help with things like that.

Have an art project or two in the working. Here's a few WIPs from a character meme I'm filling out: http://colliequest.d...stuff-461656020

Need to get more actual practice time in, though. By that I mean drawing things that are in front of me--objects, people, scenery, my pets, etc.

Edited by questdrivencollie, 21 June 2014 - 08:35 AM.

~Relient K

#12 narusaku256

narusaku256

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,974 posts
  • Interests:Everything :D

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:11 PM

So just going to leave something quick in honor of my dad for father's day.

My dad was actually my stepdad, but he treated me and raised me as if I was actually his daughter. I learned a lot from him and I would not be the same person had he not been in my life.

This song makes me think of him, as he was a strong Christian:

There's also this drawing I did as a tribute last year:
http://colliequest.d...y-dad-378293837

This warmed me up :') and of course....I shed a year :'). It touched my heart, really :). My condolences to your father and your dad sure is watching over you, feeling proud and at the same time feeling happy that his little girl has matured enough to take her own decisions :)

tumblr_nokgzxLJ4A1ts94lmo1_500.gif

#13 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:41 AM

Uploaded a speedpaint (or speedsketch, in this case), video to YouTube:

Here's a link to the finished piece: http://colliequest.d...-fall-463029257

I had a song selected, but YouTube muted it almost immediately. :confused:

All I ever upload to YouTube anymore is art videos, and I do it rather infrequently. I uploaded a "two years of art" video recently, but it's pretty long and I don't think it's very interesting to anyone other than me. But to anyone who watches the link, yeah, there's a lot of Sonic-related art in the beginning.

...I guess if I'm going to share things about my art here I should probably create an art thread, but I don't plan to update with art on any frequent scale. Not at this time.

In other "news", I turn 21 this coming Sunday. Haha, I actually have some things to do at church on that day. Around July 1st or so, we don't always celebrate my birthday on the exact day, we're planning on doing something fun down in St. Augustine.

Edited by questdrivencollie, 25 June 2014 - 05:43 AM.

~Relient K

#14 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 01:37 AM

Well, the end of another week has arrived.

What's mainly making life hard right now is my habit of procrastinating. It's been a problem for years. Often the only motivation I have to get things is the collection of guilt and remorse that has spent a while building up.

Oh, I'm good at working. I can and do work hard. I'm just not much good at motivating myself. But if I'm working for somebody else, or the consequences of not getting it done right away are more immediate, I have no problem. I will do whatever I'm told and I'll give it my best.

After a good day of work, I feel awesome. I don't exactly anticipate hours of work, but it feels good when it's out of the way. By contrast, whenever I fall into procrastination, I just get depressed.

So I decided two things:

-make a to-do list

-check at least one thing off of it a day

While it's helpful to have a plan of action, well...it's no guarantee I'll get it done when a lot of mornings I don't even feel motivated to get out of bed. But that's life.

I try to divide my life into simple categories...school, housework, finding a job, etc. That helps. School's fine for now, can't do anything until July. I've got to work harder at finding a job. Housework helps me by giving me something constructive to do...even so, I'm the kind of person who does it once every three weeks. xD

Just organizing my thoughts.

~Relient K

#15 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:27 AM

Checking out Owl City's new EP that I had no clue existed until tonight. OMG, it's amazing  :love:  :love:  :love:

I fought all through the night
Oh, oh, but I made it alive
The sun's starting to rise
Oh, oh, these are beautiful times
This fight of my life is so hard, so hard, so hard
But I'm gonna survive
Oh, oh, these are beautiful times

~Relient K

#16 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 04:33 PM

Welp, going to get myself Pokemon X. I've actually never played a Pokemon game before. (I had no gaming systems as a kid since my mom wanted to put more emphasis on exercise.) My brother got Pokemon Y recently, and it looks fun.

~Relient K

#17 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 06:01 PM

So, most recently I finished an anime called Madoka Magica. (Or, Puella Magi Madoka Magica.) It's only 12 episodes long.

And I loved it. I would totally get this series on DVD one day.

It's a dark fantasy/tragedy/mystery/horror thing. With magical girls. I don't know if it could be correctly labelled horror or not, but some of the sites listed that as one of it's genres. I think it'd be kinda psychological type horror...which is the kind I think I prefer. (Kinda the same type as in some episodes of The Twilight Zone, maybe?)

Here's an English fandub of the ED in the series:

Meh, I like English fandubs when an official English version doesn't exist. Plus LeeandLie's are professional in quality.

Edited by questdrivencollie, 05 July 2014 - 06:38 PM.

~Relient K

#18 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:04 AM

Think I should try to make myself take a walk every day.=/

~Relient K

#19 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:35 AM

Okay, so this picture is actually about a month old, but considering I haven't shared it anywhere yet...

Look what I found one evening in north Georgia (when I was on my trip):

Picture7764_zps83e0ecfe.jpg

I took the picture on my iPod, so it's pretty blurry and grainy.

I got so excited over it, though. People around me were all "big deal, it's a moth". Well until that point I had only seen lunar moths in textbooks. And I always loved biology, so it was all too cool.

The little guy was alive, but almost right in the middle of the ground where people were walking. Not sure if he was resting or unable to fly for some reason.

~Relient K

#20 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:06 PM

Stole this from Winchan's blog :pimp:

1. WHAT IS ON THE WALLS IN YOUR BEDROOM? 
Well a few pictures of wolves and dogs...one is scratchboard art that I purchased, one is a painting of a Collie that I did, another is a poster of wolf pups.
One is a picture my best friend sent me of our 'sonas. And I have my premium pass from this year's Winter Jam (music concert). And I plan to put my landyard from camp there, too, sometime, in honor of the fond memories. (This was my last year at camp.)

2. DO YOU PLAY BOARD GAMES? WHICH ONES?
Not a ton. Sometimes with my family, but it's been a while and I don't remember what we played last.

3. WHAT MUSIC DO YOU LISTEN TO?
A lot of stuff, it's hard to limit it to just one genre. Some bands you'll find a lot of on my iPod are Skillet, Red, Thousand Foot Krutch, Relient K, Casting Crowns, Disciple, Owl City, and various songs from anime openings and endings. And, just whatever else I like. I'm always discovering new music.

4. DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME YOU WERE BORN?
Think it was 7:37 PM, or somewhere around that time.

5. WHAT DO YOU WANT MORE THAN ANYTHING RIGHT NOW?
A friggen job would be nice. :pinch:

6. WHO DO YOU MISS?
My friends who are too busy to talk to me anymore :umm:

7. ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH ANYONE?
Nope, not right now.

8. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU KISSED?
My kitty.  :th_yeah:

9. WHAT"S YOUR MIDDLE NAME?
Michelle

10. THE BEST TV SHOW EVER CREATED? 
Well, in my opinion...Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood--heck, FMA period--was a friggen masterpiece.

11. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO?
My mom/

12. DO YOU GET SCARED IN THE DARK?
A little. And apparently if I don't use a nightlight I wake up panicking and yelling for help. :argh:

13. THE LAST THING TO MAKE YOU CRY?
Life.

14. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE COLOGNE/PERFUME?
lol I've never really used it. Though I still have some that my uncle gave me, saving for a special occasion...whenever that is. :ermm:

15. WHAT KIND OF HAIR/EYE COLOR DO YOU LIKE ON THE OPPOSITE SEX?
Well, I seem to have a thing for blondes. Two of my three favorite fictional characters are blonde, heh. And the guy I used to have a crush on was blonde. And eye color...I'm pretty fond of blue eyes.

Edited by questdrivencollie, 09 July 2014 - 08:08 PM.

~Relient K

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users