IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 17 April 2019 - 06:53 PM

Official confirmation: 

The Manga will debut in weekly Shounen Jump officially on May 13th..

which means the scans will probably be out May 9th- May10th

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#62 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 11:52 PM

It's whatever to me. I'll be honest though, unless it makes an impact I don't see it being another big hit, and that is not taking into account how many fans are still holding a "grudge" against him which THERE ARE MANY, (myself included)

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#63 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 04:38 AM

Honestly, it would be best if it was a small story that only lasted a short amount of time but was told well.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 19 April 2019 - 04:38 AM.

#64 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 02:37 PM

for an Action/battle Shonen series, 100-200+ chapters would be Ideal. any amount of chapters below 100 unless it it is a monthly series with 40 or so pages consistently would not expand on the plot enough nor have enough action to get fans invested. Well if you ask me, personally

Edited by Phantom_999, 19 April 2019 - 02:40 PM.

#65 hisaberpie

hisaberpie

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 05:19 PM

I'm looking forward to seeing it. The art looks amazing and kishi has always been an amazing at charater designs so i want to see how he does world building in a sci-fi setting.

Not excited about the story or the character themselves though. Im especially gunna steer clear of any ahipping involved. Although, i didn't see any prominent female character in the "trailer". Maybe kishis gunna avoid writing a love story this time too. XD

#66 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 24 April 2019 - 10:00 PM

a 4 page preview is out for the first chapter: 

https://readms.net/r...ai_8/000/5837/1

the real first chapter will drop in two weeks!

#67 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 11:04 AM

Ah yes a cross over between Naruto and his new MC. I didn't read it, I just saw the release page on Fanfox.net. Staying true to my word that I dont give two flying kittens about this series nor will I ever. I will check upon others opinions on it though.

Edited by Phantom_999, 25 April 2019 - 11:06 AM.

#68 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 03:26 PM

It seems the main character, according to this preview, is very similar to Naruto's character.

I liked the seal-like thing on the main character's forehead ;)

Edited by T XD, 26 April 2019 - 03:27 PM.

#69 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 06 May 2019 - 12:19 PM

So general premise on what the series is about, the chapter drops thursday (most likely)

D54gJ1sUUAAxJ3U.jpg

#70 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 12:57 PM

Some "love of Japanese culture" there, I don't see any references to Japan that would fit an incoming Apocalypse  :zaru:

#71 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 06 May 2019 - 03:23 PM

Some "love of Japanese culture" there, I don't see any references to Japan that would fit an incoming Apocalypse  :zaru:

Well, that’s not quite true. Fudo Myo-o is a figure of Japanese Buddhist mythology: http://www.onmarkpro.../html/fudo.html

From the sound of it, it could be a sci-fi take on Japanese mythology, which I admit, does manage to pique my interest. My expectations are still not high - you can have a good premise and still eff it up - but I may be inclined to keep an eye on it.

#72 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 06:54 PM

Oh okay good to know. I was just saying in my head that that cultural references to Japan and such like deities and the like or religious practices seem out of place when talking about how the world is going to end. Well that is just my opinion and that is just to my knowledge I don't know too much about Japanese culture except a select few things admittedly so don't mind me. I'm just really not in any mood to even bother trying out this series So I'm just rambling nonsense :P

#73 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 06 May 2019 - 08:20 PM

Oh okay good to know. I was just saying in my head that that cultural references to Japan and such like deities and the like or religious practices seem out of place when talking about how the world is going to end. Well that is just my opinion and that is just to my knowledge I don't know too much about Japanese culture except a select few things admittedly so don't mind me. I'm just really not in any mood to even bother trying out this series So I'm just rambling nonsense :P

That’s fair. I think it’s just a matter of how or if he manages to tie the two things together, but as with most things, your mileage may vary. As I said, I may be intrigued enough to keep an eye out just to see. Maybe the flaws of Naruto will turn out to be a fluke, the result of a story dragged on too long that it lost focus and purpose. Maybe. It’s understandable though to be reluctant to put any trust in a writer you’ve felt let down by before.

#74 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 03:09 AM

Pandora's Box is Greek, but I've seen it been used in other anime before. Wait if the goal is to find seven "keys"...are those actual keys...or are they the seven other samurai? Fudo Myoo is similar to reference to Sajin Komamura's Zanpakto from Bleach, "Kokujo Tengen Myoo."

#75 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 09 May 2019 - 11:21 PM

Well the chapter might be dropping tomorrow since scanlations lol

anyway here is something Kishi got asked for when it comes to planning Samurai's 8's storytelling  (take it with a grain of salt): 

Interviewer: "You famously said that when Naruto started serialization, you only had the story for the first eight chapters planned out, which ended up being 700 chapters long. What about Samurai 8: The Tale of Hachimaru?"

Kishi: "This time, we've decided on everything through to the end. From the start it was inspired by Hakkenden, so the process of gathering together eight people, including the master, will be the rough outline. There will be eight people, and to open the box they need seven keys. And... what's in that box? With everything hinging on that final moment, with that as the focus, Akira plans to carefully draw each chapter with my support. It won't take 15 years, like with Naruto. Manga artists die young, right? Well, I want to have fun in my old age. (laughs)

Well atleast this confirms one thng he didn't have Naruto planned passed the first volume! 

Guess it shows that even Kishi can recognize when he makes mistakes....  I will be the judge of that whenever the first chapter drops! 

Edited by LuckyChi7, 09 May 2019 - 11:22 PM.

#76 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 07:55 AM

I say he probably did come up with the idea of Haku and Zabuza before getting started. Though that would be due to him making evil counterparts to the original idea of Kakashi and Naruto being a master and student duo.

At least he has learned the importance of an outline, and planning ahead instead of shooting from the hip. Maybe he also learn to make sure all the main cast should have stories to tell? And if they don't maybe he shouldn't have them be part of the main cast?

It not like he just double down on everything throughout Naruto there are several times he goes back, and try to defend or re-explain something. The reason he double down on the ending is because the was a decision from the top at the end of the day.

Apparently he was inspired by this: https://en.wikipedia...ogs_of_the_East

https://www.youtube....h?v=ZPnQQxQRPZE

Edit: Two questions; One) should I do a summary like I do with Boruto? Two) should I do the summary here on create a new topic for it in the latest release sub topic?

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 10 May 2019 - 08:45 AM.

#77 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 10 May 2019 - 11:23 AM

I would do a summary for each chapter here,  I'm just planning on dropping the chapters here for those who want to read it: 

https://jaiminisbox....8/en/0/1/page/1

Also as I promised some people months, my live reaction to the first chapter: 

#78 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 02:47 PM

Describe the MC to me just for my curiosity's sake, please.

Edited by Phantom_999, 10 May 2019 - 02:47 PM.

#79 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 04:08 AM

Ok first chapter Summary

Opens off with Some Black Chick who is a Master Samurai explaining in the backstory. Samurai are the protectors of the Galaxy who must find the seven keys to unlock pandora's box that was own by some Japanese Space Buddhist deity. Then we see some weird flying space turtle. 

Then it starts with Samurai with their robot animal companions. One guy spouts of that the other guy is some great samurai of some great sword-style. Just incase this guy is important one guy is of the Komusubi-type holder says the other guy is "Yasha's best pupil Kongou Yasharyuu the second the Lone Wolf with a Komainu-type holder." They then fight by merging with their robot animals...that turn into armor, and Light-Katana...so he was the one to came up with the light(ing)-saber. If you can guess holders are  their robot animal armor things. One guy has a key the Kongo wants. He wins at the cost of an arm.

OK Yasha is probably the Black Chick..or at least I think its a woman, and she gave her student Kongo a turtle space ship to find the seven keys.

The other guy warns him though he may have gotten his key, he shouldn't fight so recklessly obtaining the other. Kongo says even so dying for this cause to save the Galaxy would be an honor. Other guy...no I don't know his name...opens up his face as well as turn into a flesh ball. So Kongo can get his spine which is the key...So Kishimoto has played Metal Gear Revengance. Since I'm seeing a lot of influence from it so far.

OK on to the main character now. Who hits him arm on something. His Dad tells him not to hurt himself while getting over excited playing that online video game. He is wearing that that eye cover thing that you play when you sleep you see in a lot of anime. He also hooked up to some cyborg medical chair. He has a dog that meows named Hayatarou that is his holder. Apparently it meows because he messed with it. He has a collection of Katana. He and his dad banter. He wants to be a samurai because they protect the princess (please don't be like Hinata) and because they are the opposite of him. He dad points out he's too weak to become one as well as he terrified of needles, and is trying to quash his son dream to protect him.

OK he is hook up to some giant device that keeps him alive that he would die if he was disconnected from for three minute. His father is actually spent years building a portable life support so he could go outside; that thing in the promo images.

Next scene we see that other guy from the promo; with his robot horse. He is a boss of some highway men. He orders one of his men to commit ritual suicide to regain his trust, and as a test of courage to if he has the resolve to be a samurai.

Back to Hachi. He grumbles that he argued with his dad again, and don't want to admit it his fault so he blames on his dad. Dog brings back a "ball."

The father has gone to get a object from the highwaymen to complete his son chair.

Back to Hachi. The ball is apparently something that grants good luck. so he asks to become a Samurai and for his dad to come home safe with some reluctance. A talking space cat from the ball hears him and call him a dutiful son.

Back to the Dad. He has his object and his going to leave when the Boss ask why he needs it. Dad answer, but says as well warrior piss him off. Boss takes affront to that because any human can be a warrior, but Samurai are cyborgs. Ok apparently their bodies are a gift from their gods, and their spine are their "keys." So now Hachimaru will have to collect 7 Spine/Keys to open that box. He explain more such as they can breath in space, and restore their limbs after a battle. But only if they are compatible with the energy that their god granted them.

So the talking cat call Daruma is a samurai who is a former human who decided to take up this cyborg cat body. Also he is a dog person. Also blind. Hachimaru has been doubting Daruma. So to prove he was a samurai he instantly cuts his tea cup in half before going on a speech about deception and hiding intent. He ask the cat to become his master..skip some dialogue.

Ok a key that the dad holds around his neck is a special key for a wolf robot; this one is a famous on that even became known as the epithet of "The Vampire." The boss grabs the father to access his memories of where it is hiding. The boss attacks. The cat I think is actually Kongo from the first part hiding as this cat. He was also the one that created the video game Haichmaru was playing.

OK the boy life is sustained from the legendary sword/wolf/whatever the boss was talking about earlier. In order to activate it. One must commit ritual suicide. If he does the Boss will let Hachi's dad go unharmed.

The dad begs him not to do it, we get some flashbacks of hachi's childhood, and Haich professes that he did love his dad before stabbing himself. He dies. The boss get a crimson lazer sword. The object the dad bought which they brought along activates, revives hachimaru by merging with him, and gives him the boys of a samurai. Then he revives his dog as a wolf after being told by Master Daruma.

He fights the boss with a katana. Boss merges with his horse. Daruma breaks it so it would be a fair fight. Hachi lets the boss cut his arm off so he could strike him with his arm cane. boss turns into a flesh ball.

The story end with Daruma reflecting he found a worth key, and he can go on to fulfill his master wishes.

Need to take a break before giving opinion.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 24 May 2019 - 10:42 PM.

#80 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 05:36 AM

I can tell Kishimoto was using Boruto as a test be for some of his ideas. Cyborg Samurai, Light Saber like Weapon, and daddy issues. They are better in here then in Boruto. The first two fit the setting, and the third is handled better by giving better justifications, stances as well as concerns of both sides are easy to understand, and resolved quicker. The designs look good especially the armor. 

The pacing is better than in Boruto, but it lacks any impact that Naruto first chapter had. Felt like there was a bit too much going on to really get to know anyone too well...or it could be their not much of a personality yet for some of the characters.

Hachi is... fine. You know he loves his dad, and he more just frustrated that he had to spent his entire life stuck in his room on life support. Not entirely sure why he wants to be a Samurai other then they are everything he is not. He has some personailty just feels a bit bland...maybe just his face. He overall comes off as a boy written by kishimoto.

The Cat Daruma is the secret master you didn't expect from first appearances. He has a mission from his master that he hopes to fulfill with Hachi. He explains more of his personalty then it is shown...actually their was a lot of explaining character traits in this chapter some of it work some of it didn't.

The father looks like a sleazy merchant from some random manga/game. He does everything for his son. Overall, I like him.

The Key/Spine thing is going to be weird now isn't it? They explain the cyborg stuff but I would like a bit more explanation on why they need those robot animals?

Overall, its not as good as Naruto's first chapter....But it far better than Boruto.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 11 May 2019 - 05:40 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users