• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#1 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 27 May 2015 - 04:52 AM

zLz2rqb.jpg?1

Genres: Action, Drama, Romance, Shounen, Supernatural, Mystery

"One day, a mysterious virus appeared on Earth which killed every infected human over the age of 13. At the same time, vampires emerged from the world's dark recesses and enslaved mankind. Enter Hyakuya Yuuichirou, a young boy, who along with the rest of the children from his orphanage, are treated as livestock by the vampires. Even in captivity, Yuuichirou dreams big. He dreams of killing vampires. He dreams of killing them all."

Yeah, so I started reading this today, just off a whim, and I'm really glad I did. This series is really, really good. It's interesting, badass as hell, and has a lot of potential. I haven't caught up all the way yet, but I damn sure will. It's got really cool concepts, with vampires, demons, and some other stuff. Highly recommend it.

YuuxShinoa ftw :chuckle:

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#2 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 09:53 AM

Oh yeah I read this too but i didn't finish I'm waiting for more chapters first. :smile:

Edited by Phantom_999, 27 May 2015 - 10:20 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#3 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 27 May 2015 - 03:03 PM

Oh yeah I read this too but i didn't finish I'm waiting for more chapters first. :smile:

It's really good, I want more asap!

EXL5X4B.png

#4 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 27 May 2015 - 03:11 PM

There's actually an anime to this done by Studio Wit. I'm watching it right now. It's ok, nothing special in my eyes so far... A little bit clichee driven (but then again, what manga isn't?), and I'm having a hard time liking Yuichiro as a MC. I heard that the anime is better than the manga though.

Oh, don't care about ships here. Shinoa is definitely the best girl in here though (but I hate her voice in the anime).

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#5 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 03:15 PM

There's actually an anime to this done by Studio Wit. I'm watching it right now. It's ok, nothing special in my eyes so far... A little bit clichee driven (but then again, what manga isn't?), and I'm having a hard time liking Yuichiro as a MC. I heard that the anime is better than the manga though.
Oh, don't care about ships here. Shinoa is definitely the best girl in here though (but I hate her voice in the anime).

I knew there was an anime but I hadn't watched it yet. The manga is really good imo, you should read :hm: Yuuchirou is cool to me, kinda reminds me of Shironeki :chuckle: I love shinoa though!!!

EXL5X4B.png

#6 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

Posted 27 May 2015 - 03:22 PM

I knew there was an anime but I hadn't watched it yet. The manga is really good imo, you should read :hm: Yuuchirou is cool to me, kinda reminds me of Shironeki :chuckle: I love shinoa though!!!

I read parts of the manga just to see what it's like. The majority of the fanbase says that the anime is better than the manga as of right now with it having toned down Yu's revenge tick a little bit (not that I would know, lol). We'll see if I read the manga :D I'm watching a ton of animes from this season right now, and I'm planning to read Shokugeki no Soma, Yamada-kun and The Seven Witches, and Arslan Senki soon, so Owari no Seraph needs to wait a little (kind of have a general idea what is going on though in the manga).

Yuuichiro is, oh well, a shounen MC I've seen oftentimes. He looks nice though :hehehe: (seriously, this series has too many nice bishounen characters).

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."

#7 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 27 May 2015 - 03:35 PM

I'm afraid it lost me a 'vampires'. I hate vampire storylines. :pinch: Don't ask why, I just do.

#8 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 03:38 PM

I'm afraid it lost me a 'vampires'. I hate vampire storylines. :pinch: Don't ask why, I just do.

People say it's a mix of Attack on Titan and Ao no Exorcist. Never watched Ao no Exorcist, so I can't comment on that. But it's totally not a resembling Attack on Titan at all in my eyes XD

You can maybe give the anime a try. Some people were turned of by the school setting first, but after episode 5 I believe we dive into the actual action.

But I kind of expect you not to like it :sweat:

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#9 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 03:52 PM

People say it's a mix of Attack on Titan and Ao no Exorcist. Never watched Ao no Exorcist, so I can't comment on that. But it's totally not a resembling Attack on Titan at all in my eyes XD

You can maybe give the anime a try. Some people were turned of by the school setting first, but after episode 5 I believe we dive into the actual action.

But I kind of expect you not to like it :sweat:

If I do try it, it'll probably be pretty low priority, since I still have a lot of others I haven't gotten around to watching yet. But, maybe.

#10 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 03:57 PM

If I do try it, it'll probably be pretty low priority, since I still have a lot of others I haven't gotten around to watching yet. But, maybe.

This anime season is incredibly boring to be honest with a few exceptions here and there.

Just wondering: Have you watched Maria- The Virgin Witch, Death Parade, or Aoi Bungaku yet? Kind of thought that you might be into one of the series (I've only seen Death Parade so far, but am planning to watch the other two).

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#11 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 04:03 PM

This anime season is incredibly boring to be honest with a few exceptions here and there.

Just wondering: Have you watched Maria- The Virgin Witch, Death Parade, or Aoi Bungaku yet? Kind of thought that you might be into one of the series (I've only seen Death Parade so far, but am planning to watch the other two).

I've seen Death Parade, it was pretty good, but I haven't seen the other two. I just looked at Aoi Bungaku though and oh my god does that look good. :eager:

#12 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 04:05 PM

I've seen Death Parade, it was pretty good, but I haven't seen the other two. I just looked at Aoi Bungaku though and oh my god does that look good. :eager:

Especially the first four episodes of Aoi Bungaku interest me. These episodes are an adaptation of the novel No Longer Human, the second-best selling novel in Japan. There's also a manga to this. It's INCREDIBLY depressing, and I can't wait to read it >_<

Edited by trang95, 27 May 2015 - 04:06 PM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#13 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 04:06 PM

Btw, the anime's opening is sooooooooo good!

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#14 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 04:18 PM

I read parts of the manga just to see what it's like. The majority of the fanbase says that the anime is better than the manga as of right now with it having toned down Yu's revenge tick a little bit (not that I would know, lol). We'll see if I read the manga :D I'm watching a ton of animes from this season right now, and I'm planning to read Shokugeki no Soma, Yamada-kun and The Seven Witches, and Arslan Senki soon, so Owari no Seraph needs to wait a little (kind of have a general idea what is going on though in the manga).
Yuuichiro is, oh well, a shounen MC I've seen oftentimes. He looks nice though :hehehe: (seriously, this series has too many nice bishounen characters).

Idk, his revenge tick wasn't really that bad to me so far, you could tell that it was a surface statement. Sure, he wants revenge, but it doesn't overlap his camaraderie with those around him. I also like how apparently everyone has a miserable backstory XD plus the military struggle seems cool. Everyone is vying for power, so there's this political struggle.

As long as one piece comes before all of those :hm:

Does somebody have a crush? :fu:

I thought the same, I usually don't like the vampire stuff (unless it's Kate Beckinsale in underworld, because omg she's gorgeous and I love her :nosebleed:), but I was pleasantly surprised with this. It's kinda similar to SnK, except the art is waaaaaaaay better. I don't really get the Ao no Exorcist comparison though. Id recommend it. It's a fun read so far!

EXL5X4B.png

#15 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 07:27 PM

Twilight?

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#16 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 07:53 PM

Twilight?

I never read Twilight, thank god. :argh:

#17 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 08:01 PM

I never read Twilight, thank god. :argh:

The first movie out of the twilight movie series was one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#18 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 08:18 PM

I've been meaning to watch the anime for a while, but haven't got around to it, and I do remember starting the manga years ago, but after the first couple of chapers it just dropped off my radar and never even thought of it until I saw a bit of the first episode and remembered the manga.

I'm with Bake-neko on the dislike for Vampires part, I don't hate it but it is a harder sell for me than most genres. I'm very much old school Vampires personally so when I see any story with a Vampire out in the sun I get put off, and allot of Japanese Vampire stories the only Vampire part of the charactors is their need to drink blood, and super strength, beyond that it's all over the place.

iAnby7W.gif

#19 TheFlash

TheFlash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 12:01 AM

I only watch the anime and I really like it. The story is pretty interesting to me and it sort of reminds me of Attack on Titan. Just a bit.

Edited by TheFlash, 28 May 2015 - 12:04 AM.

tumblr_n45nt0asf91t4e7bbo2_400.gif

#20 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 06:15 AM

I only watch the anime and I really like it. The story is pretty interesting to me and it sort of reminds me of Attack on Titan. Just a bit.

The whole "humanity up against the ropes" thing is probably what does it, in that way they really are similar. You should totally read the manga! That way I have more people to talk about it with since trang has abandoned me T^T

Edited by AHK, 28 May 2015 - 06:16 AM.

EXL5X4B.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: badass, better than Naruto, oh look a real friendship, actual character development, badass ladies, vampires but not twighlight, way better than Naruto

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users