Story update plz?

Or status update? biggrin.gif

#242 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 16 September 2010 - 06:50 PM

Status update...

Experiments in Empathy Chapter 4 is nearly done, I'll probably be sending it to Denim tonight to beta.

Whirlpool Country, the next chapter is a little over halfway done.

Hindsight, still haven't started.

Fire Shadow next chap is a few paragraphs, about 1k words right now.

#243 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 11:22 PM

Thank you, kind sir!

#244 Hak

Hak

Turmion kätilö

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 03:15 PM

Good chapter in FSFT, been waiting for it for a while!
Trust me, I'm an engineer!

#245 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 03:24 PM

Thanks for updating FSFT Paradox you're the man. a_thumbs.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#246 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:00 PM

Yep yep. I would have liked for it to have been WPC, but I've got some severe block going on right now.

#247 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:08 PM

Ah. FSFT made my morning. biggrin.gif

#248 pharix

pharix

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:54 AM

QUOTE (Paradox Jast @ Nov 11 2010, 03:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep yep. I would have liked for it to have been WPC, but I've got some severe block going on right now.

you just need some Kushinspiration! happy.gif

#249 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 12 November 2010 - 01:14 AM

Poke me if you need some ideas PJ be glad to help.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#250 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:46 AM

Well..... I've got a couple of ideas for the Bloody Habanero omake if you want.....

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#251 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 01:17 AM

Alright, so I haven't posted in here for a while and I figured I probably should. Yes, I'm still alive and writing. Writing more than before, actually, because I've been hired on as a developer for writing and scripting in a new-ish game called Miner Wars 2081. It's a space-simulator... which as far as online gaming goes, my very first game I ever played online was a space simulator called Tachyon: The Fringe. So it's a bit like a dream come true.

Therefore my fanfic writing has understandably taken a hit, but I am still writing. Next up is Experiments in Empathy, probably in a few days. I wanna get back into WPC, but I need to re-read the whole thing first to get it fresh in my mind.

Edited by Paradox Jast, 22 January 2011 - 01:24 AM.

#252 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 04:29 PM

Something tells me you're gonna come up with a really great story for that game.... and please spoilers of the next chapter (even a teeny bit) would do. Oh yeah, I also have a very evil idea for Kakashi's romance, mwahaha.gif put Hanare in. I know, I know, she's filler but she clicked so much with me that I wouldn't mind seeing her in canon. Anyways, with the tentatious relationship he already has with Rin, his life will turn into hell once Hanare is in the picture. I seriously wouldn't mind seeing Kakashi being stuck in a love triangle he probably can never get out of. Knowing him, he'd take a page from Minato's little book only to have Kushina (and Sakura) drag him back in front of their feet. It'd seriously burst a lot of your fans' stomachs (including me) out of its hilarity.

Edited by Codus N, 11 February 2011 - 04:29 PM.

248793.jpg

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#253 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 10:50 PM

If you're talking about WPC, then yeah, it's just gonna be Rin. But I might be able to work something up with Hanare or whatever their name is in a short scene in Experiments. What episode did the char appear? I just started watching Naruto eps again this week because the filler ended.

#254 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 08:49 AM

Well, I haven't read Experiments yet, but I think I'll give it a try soon. If anything, how about mentioning Hanare in passing AND the fact that they actually kissed?? (for WPC) boy, that'll put quite a rut in their relationship. But it would be interesting if a wrench is thrown towards their relationship. It makes it a bit dynamic.

Hanare appeared in Shippuden 191. Or you can also try reading this author's story to get an idea of how their relationship could work:

Love Song

This one's really good but I'd like to see how YOU do it considering you're probably one of the best 3 writers in FF.net

Edited by Codus N, 03 March 2011 - 04:31 PM.

248793.jpg

#255 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 07:19 AM

Hiya PJ, dunno if you're a fan of Big Willie or MIB, but here's something interesting.

MIB 3's plot leak.

The plot is basically a time-travel story. And what they're having a problem with is how to make it without any plotholes. Time-travel stories are considered the most tricky and most difficult to create without any plotholes, but considering how masterfully you wrote HS:FS, I was wondering what YOU would do if you were the scriptwriter. Granted, HS:FS is time-traveling to the future, but I'd like to hear your expert opinion on this.

Edited by Codus N, 11 March 2011 - 07:25 AM.

248793.jpg

#256 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 09:30 PM

Well the biggest problem was that they started filming before the script was complete. It might have made sense money-wise, but it can kill the story because they just pigeonholed themselves to one specific opening. Unless they redo it, which would be a costly proposition.

Generally speaking with any large project, it should be outlined in its entirety before any other work is done, period. Outlining can be a nuisance, yeah, but it can prevent a lot of headaches in the long run.

Admittedly, going forward in time is easier, because nothing is particularly set in stone. Going back in time is always a bit harder, because when you go back in time you have to take into consideration how things happened in the present. Anything that you do will essentially make the present end up how it did.

They could have a lot of problems, but they made a pure Deus Ex Machina in the very first movie - the Memory Flasher. As long as they use that, they can eliminate any 'remembrance' issues. It will likely be the 'results' of whatever their plot revolves around that can bite them in the ass if they aren't careful.

As for what I would do... without knowing the plot other than they travel back in time, it would be hard to say. If it was Will that was having an issue, though, I would have hashed through the outline with him ASAP so they could actually, you know, make the movie. There may have been more going on than they were aware of, and -technically- while Will is acting lead and may like scriptwriting, he was -not- hired on to do that, as far as I can tell. Unfortunately his status came into play, I think... I don't believe Sony would be willing to replace him in his role, as the property pretty much revolves around his character. So it may have been a case of good intentions going bad? I'm not an insider, so I haven't a clue.

The easiest way to avoid plot holes is to try and keep the new movie as far away from established canon as possible. Reference the future, perhaps, but don't try to forcefully bring about anything that happened the way it did in the first two movies.

Edit: I will take a second to mention that the next chapter of Experiments is almost done... and it's the longest chapter I've ever written of any of my stories... and I'm still typing away.

Edited by Paradox Jast, 11 March 2011 - 09:37 PM.

#257 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 03:47 PM

Update on WPC, please?? hopefully you can make the new chapter as epically long as the new chapter of EIE.

Oh yeah, about Jiraiya, you stated in your account that you're going to let him live but I don't think that's a good idea since Jiraiya's death was the major turning point for Naruto's growth of ideals. So I say no to Jiraiya living *gets shot*.

Edited by Codus N, 04 April 2011 - 03:50 PM.

248793.jpg

#258 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:08 PM

Yeah, I've really been trying to kick my muse into gear for WPC. Maybe I'll do a big surprise update on all my fics? lol

#259 Yoshimoya

Yoshimoya

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Interests:animeee :D manga :D tennis :D life :D

Posted 04 April 2011 - 11:38 PM

QUOTE (Paradox Jast @ Apr 4 2011, 10:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, I've really been trying to kick my muse into gear for WPC. Maybe I'll do a big surprise update on all my fics? lol

SERIOUSLY can't wait for your next chap in WPC! biggrin.gif That and Lost in the Rain are my current favorite NaruSaku Fanfics! Seriously, great job dude. Loving your work!

^Adam Couple. KPOP couple <3 google them! They're like an anime couple I swear to God. Watch their show. PM me for link :]

#260 iwant2bnaruto

iwant2bnaruto

peekaboo Mizore-chan <3

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:46 PM

I'm willing to resort to bribing. What's your price Paradox? tongue.gif

Edited by iwant2bnaruto, 05 April 2011 - 08:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users