#1 Shinyu

Shinyu

Anime Babe Lovah

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts
  • Interests:What do you think?

Posted 25 September 2004 - 04:45 PM

QUOTE (alphabet @ Sep 23 2004, 09:19 PM)
SasuSaku is like the mary sue answer to all pairings.

Exactly.  One thing I've noticed about the SasuSaku fangirls is that Sasuke is their favorite character.  And one thing I've seen about the NaruHina fangirls is that Hinata is their favorite character?  Hmmmm. . . now what does THAT add up to?  :rolleyes:

For me, as a NaruSaku fangirl, Shikamaru is my favorite character.

Naruto's my favourite char but for females it's Ino, i don't go on about NaruIno though.

#2 Guest_Aethos_*

Guest_Aethos_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2004 - 06:49 AM

You know what I hate more than fics where Sakura uses Naruto to get to Sasuke? It's fics where Naruto uses Sakura to get with Hinata.

It's just plain wrong...

I was reading the latest chapter of "So Over You" and what they did just wasn't right. They just turned Sakura into a mere plot device for Naruto to use JUST to get with Hinata. Oh and when Hinata heard about the Kyuubi she didn't really feel shocked in fact all she said was

"Y-y-you m-m-must h-have b-been in a l-lot of p-p-pain"

ugh and what's worse is that slighty afterwards she asked Naruto if she could kiss him. I mean what was with that? For some reason the whole scene didn't even seem right at all... plus I just don't like seeing Sakura being used like that. She doesn't deserve it at all... and the bad part is that most of the people who reviewed that fic said they were happy because they hate Sakura and love NaruHina fanfics.

I mean nobody even stood up for Sakura, no one even said that she DESERVED Naruto more than Hinata....

::sigh:: Just another reason for me to hate NaruHina in general.

#3 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 27 September 2004 - 08:30 AM

Yes, I really hate fics where Naruto or Sakura use each other in order to get someone else! Not even "Sasuke-kun" Sakura would do that since she cares for Naruto.

"So Over You" does sound pretty wrong. :/ It sounds like the Kyuubi revelation scene was like reading a shopping list - just a bunch of things thrown together and without any real emotion in it.

I really dislike fic writers who warp the characters because they dislike them. I've seen quite a few Mary-Sues where Sakura and the other girls are made to look kitteny. It just feels horrible to read about Naruto disregarding the one girl he loves so much in the manga.

There is one OC story that at least has some hope - it's called Illusions and seems to be turning into a NaruSaku (hopefully) judging by how Naruto and Sakura are behaving. The OC in question is a "perfect" girl but she's written like she has an ulteror motive in getting close to Naruto and seems to be a tool for making Sakura realise new feelings for Naruto.

Sakura has started to ask Naruto out for ramen, and he thinks that she's not interested in him because she told him she wouldn't go on a date with him at the start of the story.

Anyway, I digress. happy.gif; I guess that is why I avoid NaruHina and SasuSaku stories, because something OOC HAS to happen for them to get together in that way. Whereas with NaruSaku, Sakura only has to see that Sasuke isn't the guy she thought he was, and see Naruto for who he really is.

And that is happening in the manga. happy.gif

Of course, Hinata's heart would be broken upon seeing them together, and I don't like that - but remember she just has a crush. Kiba is waiting in the wings for her!

However you pair them up, hearts are going to be broken - just as in real life. NaruHina/SasuSaku is the worst for me because so much of what Naruto has done has been for Sakura, and he loves her so much - accepting her as who she really is. The poor guy would be shattered and lose a lot of his drive. Also, Sakura would never be herself again would she? She'd have to keep up the Sasuke mask, and she would very likely end up feeling unhappy.

#4 hokuten

hokuten

I am CLUTCH.

• Kage
  • 8,014 posts
  • Interests:EHRGEIZ: God Bless The Ring!

Posted 27 September 2004 - 05:51 PM

i have noticed that trend A LOT! Why do people keep making Hinata stutter like she's got a serious problem. I've seen this one fic where every sentence (YES EVERY SENTENCE), she was stuttering, and being super super shy (if there was such a term). I mean come on...she's shy, but not THAT shy. Damn those Sakura haters, why do they be little her...

sushiset1_shrimp.gifHard-Gay-animated-sprite.gif
"Shiny. Let's go be bad guys."

#5 Guest_Aethos_*

Guest_Aethos_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2004 - 07:01 PM

Maybe they just sympathize with Hinata because they KNOW that she'll never be as awesome as Sakura

The other trend I notice is that in fics where Sakura supposedly get's over Sasuke she get's with NEJI! I mean what's with that? She doesn't even know Neji and Neji has NEVER shown interest in Sakura. Where do they get the NejiSaku connection? Heck I could see her being with Gaara more than Neji

of course I know she'll be with Naruto in the end.

#6 Shinyu

Shinyu

Anime Babe Lovah

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts
  • Interests:What do you think?

Posted 27 September 2004 - 07:25 PM

I agree she wont but hinata's still awesome

#7 alphabet

alphabet

dumpling-buns

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • Interests:...

Posted 27 September 2004 - 10:01 PM

I like Hinata. . . I really do. She's a cute, shy, sweet lovely girl. But I DON'T like he status as a character being skyrocketed by the NaruHina shippers. Look, Hinata is a MINOR character. She is a SIDE character. If she was meant to be more than that, we would have more of her in the story. Simple as that.

Also, Hinata is NOT the most powerful female ninja, she is rather weak. I'd have to say that I think that (After Temari, of course) Tenten probably is. Tenten or Ino. Hinata specializes in CLOSE combat only. Tenten, with her weaponry, can fight from anywhere, and basically the same with Ino.

*Completely changing topic here*

I was thinking a little earlier about how I felt sorry for Sakura because of her getting no attention from Sasuke. But then my brain reassured me. Don't forget that what Sakura er, lacks, in her relationship with Sasuke I.e, the concern, the attention ('SAKURA-CHAN!!! <g>), etc., she gets in droves from NARUTO ('I have to save Sakura-chan', 'Hey hot stuff!', not denying they're dating, actually TELLING her he cares for her etc.)

That's why I don't feel sorry for Sakura. If Naruto wasn't there and Sasuke was all she had, then yeah, I'd be bawling for Sakura too, but let's not forget Sasuke.
Posted Image

#8 Guest_Aethos_*

Guest_Aethos_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2004 - 10:12 PM

I'm more concerned with the fact that SasuSaku fans claim that Sasuke has the harsher life. I mean how is losing your entire clan even comparable to having a DEMON sealed within you?

Sasuke never had to go through life hated and I'm sick of everyone feeling sorry for him because he's too much of a jack ass to move on with his life. Sure what happened was terrible but it's not like it's the end of the world.

Then again look at Naruto and Gaara. Two people who had to go through life NOT loved and completely hated.

It isn't right that people claim that Sasuke's past was worse. If anything Sasuke is the most PATHETIC of all the characters who've had a bad past. Heck even Neji is leagues above Sasuke.

I sympathize Neji because he DESERVES it. Sasuke has done nothing to deserve my respect or sympathies. If anything I'd love to see Itachi beat Sasuke within an inch of his life.

#9 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 28 September 2004 - 08:59 AM

Yeah, a line in Bloodlines (it got updated hurrah!) summed it up. Naruto said that:

"There's a difference between fighting your past and letting it drag you down."

I sympathise with Neji and Gaara because they are now fighting their pasts. The Hyuuga kid has moved on and become a much better guy, while the Sand nin has declared he owes the Leaf a large debt. Of course, he really means Naruto...

But Sasuke is letting the past overshadow his life. The latest manga chapter illustrated it perfectly - it showed lots of tiny facets of Sasuke's life, and they all shrank into insignifiance behind the towering figure of Itachi.

I just cannot respect Sasuke's latest behaviour. I understand why he is doing it, but I cannot agree with how he is severing his friendships and even trying to kill his closest friend - Naruto!

He's going to be stuck on the wrong side and really regret it. I'm not sure how far Anko got with her Curse Seal but it's possible she didn't go that far since she still has her own will. Whereas Sasuke's is slowly eroding as he uses the seal.

I'm sure that Naruto and Gaara will get what they need. happy.gif The heroes always get what they aim for in the end! I believe that Sakura will find out Naruto's true history and think that he's incredibly strong to have got through 12+ years of hell without going nuts.

While Gaara will never be able to wash his hands of all the blood he spilt, he can at least slowly gain a small circle of trusted friends to help him cope with life. Naruto, Temari and Kankuro could be a good start. He'll definitely find out Naruto's secret and I see them becoming blood brothers. happy.gif

Hopefully the Sasuke fanboys/girls will start to see the error of their ways as the manga goes on and the anime catches up with the latest arc. Yes, he was cool at first, but he has changed. He has changed for the worse - he wasn't as strong as he needed to be (in mental and emotional terms).

He needs Naruto to haul him out of that, and there is no way Sakura can snap him out of it. If she tried the hug again, she would very likely be hurt because his mental state has dedoriated.

Perhaps the Sasuke FC and SasuSaku FC guys should employ "Comical Ali" as their spokesman? tongue.gif

In case you forgot who he is, he's the ex-information minister for Iraq who served under Saddam Hussein in the war. He was VERY famous for his extremely funny attempts to discredit the truth. wink.gif

http://www.anecdotag.../comicalali.jpg

http://www.nonlitera...cal_ali_quotes/

#10 Guest_Aethos_*

Guest_Aethos_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2004 - 07:46 PM

hmm but still I wonder... why is it that in fics where Sakura "get's over" Sasuke she goes for Neji? I mean she doesn't even know him much less has any romantic interest in him.

Plus the fact that most of those fics are NejiSakuSasu

personally I see Neji better with TenTen or even Temari.

#11 hokuten

hokuten

I am CLUTCH.

• Kage
  • 8,014 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 08:09 PM

I think people might end up catagorizing Neji and Sasuke as the same person, or with the same problems. Only for the moment, Neji is much more noble than Sasuke. Thus people have Sakura "get over" sasuke, and move on to someone with the same possible power/strength level (not counting the Cursed Seal). I'm not entirely sure how they are the same or why, but thats what I think.

#12 sharingank

sharingank

Inner Kyuubi

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts
  • Interests:Uh...stuff. I like Naruto. Wow. What a surprise. Gaara, Kakashi, Neji, and Kankuro are the boys.

Posted 28 September 2004 - 08:14 PM

ACK!! How can people even THINK to compare Neji and SasGAY? Neji OWNS!! At least HE realizes when he's wrong!! He took his defeat to Naruto quite well, all things considered!! GRRRR!!!

And yeah, that is irritating, though. I just can't see Neji and Sakura ever having a functional relationship...they barely even know each other, first of all, and secondly, they're too different from each other. Sakrua needs someone who's brash, and who has a loud mouth...

LIKE NARUTO!!!!

#13 hokuten

hokuten

I am CLUTCH.

• Kage
  • 8,014 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 08:34 PM

yea, i have no clue how it works, but its the only logical thing i can think up of at the moment.

Well since we're on the subject of Neji. I wish Kin didnt have to die...I really liked her. And for some reason, I have a fixation on Neji & Kin. Maybe cuz one is an Manglo/Ego Maniac and the other is a b*tch, and the fact that thay have the same hair style. I cant help but imagine them always fighting over who is right and wrong, and then when they have more casual conversations ... about ... well ... oh i know! About how they maintain such nice hair!

Kin: Come on! Tell me how your secret! how do you keep hair so black and silky smooth! I'll tell you mine!

Neji: I'm sorry, it's a Hyuuga Secret.

Kin: Well ... I use Herbal Essence!

Neji: OH CRAP! SHE KNOWS!!!

and I have this art drawn by Mrs.Hyuga, and I colored it, i really like it! I'll post it when I get home.

#14 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 06:14 PM

hehe, interesting take on a Neji pairing. wink.gif

OK, I really have to get something off my chest... Apologies in advance! happy.gif;; This is a real rant I have been saving up for some time.

I have been seeing quite a few "reviews" on FF.net recently. Not just on my fic, but on many others that have pairings as well. There was one particular review that really ticked me off:

"It should always be:
Hinata-Naruto
Sakura-Sasuke
Ino-Shikamaru
Tenten-Neji"

I'm sorry, but who the hell does he think he is, telling the author who he thinks it should always be in terms of pairings? It's one thing to always hope for your favourite pairing, but to lecture authors on what you present as "fact" and "canon" is just plain wrong. Let them write what they want! You should only keep your thoughts to how they present the story. You're NOT the one writing it. If you want it to go differently, then write your own!

Also, NONE of those pairings - not even NaruSaku - are canon. Also, it's the author's choice on what canon to accept and what not to, that especially applies to alternate timelines and universes. It's their story. If you don't like it, don't read it and just leave the writer alone!

*snorts*

When I mention NaruSaku in my reviews, it's usually on a story that IS NaruSaku, or has strong hints on becoming so. I'm not about to go into any NaruHinas/SasuSakus and demand they change it into NaruSaku. Because that's their story, and I respect how much effort it can take to write a story.

It's rare I get this worked up! I really, really hope that we get NaruSaku in the manga ASAP just to crush those who think they can tell everyone to make NaruHina/SasuSakus... tongue.gif

Grrr... :devil:

I told you this would be a real rant. happy.gif;

#15 Guest_Aethos_*

Guest_Aethos_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2004 - 07:09 PM

Yeah I agree I mean who do they think they are anyways?

To be honest I've NEVER seen this sort of stuff happen in other fanfiction sections of FF.net I guess people in other sections are just more mature.

I'm also sick of all the "Choose your pairings" stories because you just KNOW they'll end up being NaruHina and SasuSaku even if the author didn't WANT them to be that way.

Also it pisses me off that these same idiots with the IQ of a gnat have to go flame GOOD fanfiction just because there were no pairings or because Sakura is growing closer to Naruto.

I can tell you this much though. I love the NaruSaku pairing and always will and if there's one thing I'd have to say to the NaruHina and SasuSaku crowd it's that at least NaruSaku fanfiction is well written and at least the authors of NaruSaku fanfiction use spell and grammar check. I mean have you SEEN the majority of NaruHina and SasuSaku fics? They're full of so much short hand AOLer l337 speak it makes me sick.

Plus there's never any REAL development in NaruHina and SasuSaku stories... I just wonder sometimes if those two pairings are just people's fantasy pairings or something. I mean you have to wonder if most of the NaruHina fans are guys who see themselves as Naruto and want a girl like Hinata because they could never get a date with the head cheerleader (who would be catatorized as Sakura thus the reasoning behind why people call Sakura a b*tch). Then Sakura get's thrown with Sasuke like a dog being thrown table scraps after thanksgiving dinner.

And you have to wonder if many of the SasuSaku fans are girls who see themselves as Sakura and want the PERFECT guy who would be none other than Sasuke himself. Whereas Naruto is placed into the hopeless loser section of the fic and is given Hinata once again like a dog being thrown table scraps after thanksgiving dinner.

You notice how NaruHina and SasuSaku fans are the majority of Hinata and Sasuke fans heck you can tell especially with how they bash the other character.

In NaruHina fanfics Sakura get's bashed heavily and then get's thrown to Sasuke, while in SasuSaku fics Naruto is bashed heavily and then get's thrown to Hinata.

Also the Kyubi revelation in NaruHina stories is ludicrous. I see far more emotion with that scene in NaruSaku fanfics.

The fanfic "So Over You" PROVES how bad the Kyubi revelation can be in NaruHina fanfics.

bah I guess I've gone a bit off topic... heh sorry about that

but you know I wouldn't be surprised if the canon couples end up being

NaruSaku
SasuHina
ShikaIno
LeeTenmari
NejiTenTen

#16 sharingank

sharingank

Inner Kyuubi

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts
  • Interests:Uh...stuff. I like Naruto. Wow. What a surprise. Gaara, Kakashi, Neji, and Kankuro are the boys.

Posted 29 September 2004 - 09:48 PM

Okay, I've got another rant. (besides STUPID reviewers who tell the author which pairing he or she SHOULD use...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr)

The lack of female screen time (and..page time?? Is that what it would be??)

I mean, Kishimoto-san created all these INCREDIBLE female characters, yet he pushes most of them to the wayside when other events start occuring. It's REALLY irritating!!

I want to see what is happening with Anko, and Kurenai, and Sakura, and Ino, and Temari, and Tenten!! (well...and Hinata, I suppose). biggrin.gif

SO PISSED OFF!!!!!

#17 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 09:56 PM

I agree! They are such a lovely collection of characters, and all of them have a lot of potential and unanswered questions. happy.gif

Of course, we can help make up for that with lots of fanfic goodness!

Seriously though, I really hope Kishimoto will give them their spotlight soon. I mean, it's very likely Naruto, Neji, Kiba and Chouji at least will be in hospital for quite a while - Shikamaru is the only one asides from the Sand nins to escape lightly (only a broken finger).

I want to at the very least see the girls undergoing real character development.

Anko is definitely one who should get some spotlight at some point in the future - she has connections with Orochimaru and many questions about her past and relationship with him. She also has the very same Curse Seal as Sasuke - I wonder how far hers advanced.

#18 hokuten

hokuten

I am CLUTCH.

• Kage
  • 8,014 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 10:04 PM

damn, that does bring up a good point, smiter!

I wonder what Anko's CSL2 must be like? We know Anko is fully aware of the CSL1, but we dont get her input abotu CSL2. I wonder if she's ever gone that far also.

As for FF Reviewers, yea, sometimes you get good ones and sometimes you get the really sh*tty ones. I believe when I wrote my LeeTenTen fic, someone said "Nice story, so tell me, where you picked on by a bully when you were in the third grade?" I simply replied and said "No, I WAS the Bully."

#19 alphabet

alphabet

dumpling-buns

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • Interests:...

Posted 30 September 2004 - 12:36 PM

Hmmm. . . I believe that I have the anwer to why there isn't much female screen time. Kishimoto stated in an interview that he finds females extremely hard to draw. (Which just makes me go o.O because if there's anyone who can draw gorgeous girls and make it look effortless, it's him) Many male manga artists have this problem, Akira Toriyama coming to mind. He often said that he had the hardest time drawing girls, so the easy thing is to just keep them to a minimal.

I think it's just all in his mind, because he draws them awesomely, and I also don't like that excuse. I don't think it's a good one, and I'm expecting at least a little bit on what the girls did, and I was very mad when they didn't bring any girls along. You'd think Ino or Tenten would have come in handy. Heh heh. Especially Ino, because then when Temari came along. . . er, back to topic.

I don't hate Kishimoto for doing that, but it does bug me a bit. But since Shikamaru and Naruto are my two most favorite characters, as long as they're in it, I'm okay.

Erm, my two favorites along with Jiraiya, Ino, Sakura, Tsunade, Iruka, Kakashi, Kiba, Lee, Tenten, Neji and nearly everyone else.
Posted Image

#20 Guest_Aethos_*

Guest_Aethos_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2004 - 07:45 PM

Yeah we need to see more of Sakura, Ino, Temari, and what's her face... oh yeah TenTen that's right...

I could care less about Hinata though. I really don't like her and if anything she's my least favorite of the female characters.

However, Anko needs more screentime cause she's cool and all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users