4201 replies to this topic

#2961 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 02:59 AM

Well truth be told, nothing produced so far is topping the hideout raid arc. XD I feel that that trump card was played too soon, as awesome and irreplaceable as it is :yes: But oh well that just means that I hope that the series will take inspiration from the actual super hero comics that reoccur the villains as an entire rogue gallery. I hope Chisaki returns too because of Eri's power. Like what I mean is that Eri can reverse alot of things like give back Mirio his quirk or restore all might so I think There might be a way for Chisaki to return as a villain threat too.But this is all speculation on my end but I hope that it make work out like that. This may make BnHa more unique from other shonen series :smile:

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#2962 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 04:52 AM

I dont want to think that way. Usually doing that in the beginning leads to downhill and it wont be the same again. Its only matter of how minimize the damage you can do. For whatever reason, the last arc has divided the fans, Japanese included, even though I have my own thoughts about it. I just hope its just one blunder and recovery and triumphant is this year. It hurts a lot from the last arc for being the longest and most build after the prologue aka All Mights duty as a symbol.

#2963 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 07:04 AM

Hmm, I want to know what it is that divided the fan base with the recent arc.

#2964 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 11:12 PM

Hmm, I want to know what it is that divided the fan base with the recent arc.

Japan? No clue.

I cant speak for everyone but perhaps the fact that the arc went on long and a lot of hyped aspects didnt deliver. Not to mention, it is formulaic procedure of a typical Shounen. Its like Black Clover, only that series uses its advantage with its pacing (ironic) and straight to the point summer action. This series continues to act smart but didnt need to be that elaborate.

The arc wasnt as focused like others, which is disappointing. Its where the weakness was exposed for Kohei to underutilized the characters even when he written them in there, obviously the elephant in the room, the heroines. Its not even one; its four. The theme is cliche in its basest form and I wasnt that drawn in. Its hammy and it felt forced in certain occasions. Its why the fans had to defend by giving us explanation without direct answer from Kohei himself.

The villains were disappointing, which bothers me since I really like the design from them. The action became formulaic (I got high ground approach), tension keeps slipping, and the arc could be argued to be pointless since Mirio is quirkless, most likely wont see him for a while and Deku is back to square one, but thats a stretch I think.

I dont know if its the same thing for others, but whatever it is, it sure doesnt feel the same. Hopefully the next serious arc will pick up its groove.

#2965 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 06:09 AM

The current arc with the kiddes is clearly suppose to be a breather arc, and focus on...I assume Kaachan and Fire/Ice are some of the most popular characters, wind boy that likable, and some fanservice learning how to reach the hearts of children. We are probably not going to have another big arc for awhile. The raid arc was dark, grim, but yet at points somewhat boring. A hero died, another lost their power, a girl was tortured -which we were given graphic detail how-, the hero let said girl go back to said torture -though they didn't know the full extent at the time-, the villain was maimed by another villain in a very graphic way, and we learned that their was another that was suppose to get all might power & deku only got it because he met All Might before he could meet the other guy. Honestly Kirishima's parts were the best parts of that arc and even his backstory was kind of boring. 

#2966 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 11:58 AM

Yeah, I hope thats not a sign of searching for what else you got? This is why series suffers in longevity because some writers probably only know how to tell a story in a way they initially planned. Its like ending Pain Arc as the final arc: after that, its like the road became deserted and Kishimoto dont know where to go anymore.

Its not guaranteed that it will happen with My Hero Academia. It just seems the tone of message has become your run of the mill level and how it began didnt show that clearly, hence why fans believed it was fresh. I dont know how his last series got cancelled (though I can only guess on my behalf), but I hope he doesnt feel pressured, especially since his health has been growing concern as of late.

I dont mind serious arc but if it keeps up this level, I guess its best to keep it light/slice of life mood. It reminds me on how I believe his first series got cancelled. Hell, I tend to think that he is better off with light tone. With no real connection outside of long buildup feud with future All For One and One For All users, its going to be a long while before we get any real investment.

#2967 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 06:02 PM

Naruto's goals were: to be recognized by the villain especially Sakura, gain her affection, become hokage -afterwards work to reform the ninja system to make the world a better place-, and bring Sasuke home. By the end of the Pein arc he was a hero to the village, Sakura had clearly developed strong feeling for him, and he was probably everyone pick for the next hokage (kakashi sure but he would clearly step aside and help out Naruto instead.) all he needed to do was finish off the Akatsuki, and have his final fight with Sasuke, Almost everything that came afterwards for the next 6 years was stalling.

For my hero academy, it just entered its part two. Part one is All Might is the top hero teaching Deku, Part two is All might is "gone" leading to questions such; as what is a hero/how can the world survive without all might/how will they try to fill that void, and finally part three is the Rise of Deku, The World Greatest Hero.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 11 January 2018 - 06:17 PM.

#2968 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 06:57 PM

Naruto's goals were: to be recognized by the villain especially Sakura, gain her affection, become hokage -afterwards work to reform the ninja system to make the world a better place-, and bring Sasuke home. By the end of the Pein arc he was a hero to the village, Sakura had clearly developed strong feeling for him, and he was probably everyone pick for the next hokage (kakashi sure but he would clearly step aside and help out Naruto instead.) all he needed to do was finish off the Akatsuki, and have his final fight with Sasuke, Almost everything that came afterwards for the next 6 years was stalling.

For my hero academy, it just entered its part two. Part one is All Might is the top hero teaching Deku, Part two is All might is "gone" leading to questions such; as what is a hero/how can the world survive without all might/how will they try to fill that void, and finally part three is the Rise of Deku, The World Greatest Hero.

If taken to your account, I could use the argument of "stalling" to occur in this series. I don't want it to be rushed, but it has to keep the momentum going. If going by your logic of part 2 with Naruto, it almost sounds discouraging.

#2969 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 07:41 PM

If taken to your account, I could use the argument of "stalling" to occur in this series. I don't want it to be rushed, but it has to keep the momentum going. If going by your logic of part 2 with Naruto, it almost sounds discouraging.

Naruto was stalling once the Pein arc was over since their was not much he needed to do other then wrap up the story.

Here, it's more the cast are being introspective and coming into their own. Its only stalling if they go on too long. The thing is once they get done introspecting, the story should be in its final part

#2970 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:15 PM

Thats true. They just need that oomph in it.

#2971 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 11:10 PM

Japan? No clue.

I cant speak for everyone but perhaps the fact that the arc went on long and a lot of hyped aspects didnt deliver. Not to mention, it is formulaic procedure of a typical Shounen. Its like Black Clover, only that series uses its advantage with its pacing (ironic) and straight to the point summer action. This series continues to act smart but didnt need to be that elaborate.

The arc wasnt as focused like others, which is disappointing. Its where the weakness was exposed for Kohei to underutilized the characters even when he written them in there, obviously the elephant in the room, the heroines. Its not even one; its four. The theme is cliche in its basest form and I wasnt that drawn in. Its hammy and it felt forced in certain occasions. Its why the fans had to defend by giving us explanation without direct answer from Kohei himself.

The villains were disappointing, which bothers me since I really like the design from them. The action became formulaic (I got high ground approach), tension keeps slipping, and the arc could be argued to be pointless since Mirio is quirkless, most likely wont see him for a while and Deku is back to square one, but thats a stretch I think.

I dont know if its the same thing for others, but whatever it is, it sure doesnt feel the same. Hopefully the next serious arc will pick up its groove.

Well true. I can't disagree. I DID find  the Shi Hassaikai arc to be half disappointing since there were new characters whose's personalities I don''t really care for and those that I do care for had their character focus shafted. Hell, I didn't even  get the outcome I wanted with Izuku and Eri interacting regularly like a brother and sister which is due to Eri ending up with a story breaking quirk. What I did like though, is Mirio an Eijirou's character development, plus the fact that we got a small glimpse of Izuku's full potential with OFA and it was awesome. all in all it wasn''t a high point for the series so far but it wasn't so bad. I just hope the next major Arc does something exiting like the hideout raid arc

Edited by Phantom_999, 11 January 2018 - 11:12 PM.

#2972 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:35 PM

I'm over this crap with the kids

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#2973 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:58 PM

This seems to be the last or second to last chapter. Other then some more soul searching we should be moving onto the next arc soon.

#2974 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 06:32 PM

Just want to put this here if everyone don't mind

:sakura: :sakura: :sakura:

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#2975 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 06:42 PM

You REALLY like that fight don't you? :smile:

#2976 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 06:55 PM

You REALLY like that fight don't you? :smile:

Yeah , the song and the voice actor of All Might is perfect. It really turn me back when i was 12 years old kid , i even mimic his move when i'm taking a bath :lmao: 

He is really fit to be called The Symbol of Hope , when he said that he always smile to trick the fear inside him that's when i fall in love his charisma. The thing that really makes me sad is , i know deep down that hes going to die ... mostly killed and then the world turn into chaos all villain that laying low suddenly feels like rampage because of his death , and someone must take the mantle of Symbol of Hope and we know that is Deku.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#2977 Azor Ahai

Azor Ahai

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 01:28 AM

Yeah , the song and the voice actor of All Might is perfect. It really turn me back when i was 12 years old kid , i even mimic his move when i'm taking a bath :lmao:

He is really fit to be called The Symbol of Hope , when he said that he always smile to trick the fear inside him that's when i fall in love his charisma. The thing that really makes me sad is , i know deep down that hes going to die ... mostly killed and then the world turn into chaos all villain that laying low suddenly feels like rampage because of his death , and someone must take the mantle of Symbol of Hope and we know that is Deku.

Wait until they animate All Might vs All for One.

tumblr_p7wkb2FRTk1r3exqoo1_500.gif

#2978 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 03:58 PM

Isn't that what we are ALL looking forward to? :hehehe:

#2979 Azor Ahai

Azor Ahai

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 06:20 PM

Isn't that what we are ALL looking forward to? :hehehe:

Favorite fight.

tumblr_p7wkb2FRTk1r3exqoo1_500.gif

#2980 Frankie

Frankie

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 07:08 PM

I'm going back and forth whether I buy that he's the traitor or not. It surely seems like it due to the new chapter, but I strongly feel it's a red herring.

As for a possible redemption Arc for Endeavour - nope. kitten him. Some people don't deserve redemption, and he's one of them I feel. Bakugo may have been a nutcase, and kinda still is, but he didn't actively force kids out of a woman to usurp someone who he couldn't defeat on his own. I don't know. It's a gray area. I'll need to see where Endeavour goes from here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users