Close
Photo

The Great Naruto Discussion Thread

naruto wtf discuss

• Please log in to reply
31585 replies to this topic

#29201 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 01 October 2020 - 05:13 PM

Pretty much. Again, kids watch Boruto in Japan because it on Sunday (the only day they don't have school) and its "babies first shounen."

As for merchandise, after a best an attempt of letting Boruto stand on its own. It flopped so hard; that everything is now advertised as Naruto-Boruto products if they include the sequel's cast at all. In the konohan theme park it almost completely Naruto except for an image or two of Bolt.

Hinata only really ever sold love pillows from how I understand it. They tried expanding her merchandise after the last. It failed.

So true. Especially on the Naruto-Boruto advertising for products with the sequel's cast, and even forcing Boruto into stuff like Jump Force for no raisins other than to shoehorn him into stuff.

And yeah, Hinata merch had gone up when The Last came out, BUT it didn't work out as you said, and a lot of that merch just collected dust.

#29202 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,040 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 01 October 2020 - 06:42 PM

They advertised Hinata for the Last. SP thinks of her as a Disney princess but even Sleeping Beauty is a more developed character and she's boring as hell.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#29203 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 01 October 2020 - 07:16 PM

They advertised Hinata for the Last. SP thinks of her as a Disney princess but even Sleeping Beauty is a more developed character and she's boring as hell.

tenor.gif

Hell,  even Snow White has better development than Hinata. 

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#29204 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 01 October 2020 - 07:52 PM

tenor.gif

Hell,  even Snow White has better development than Hinata. 

And people say that Disney Princesses lack development for their characters but they do have something to make them stronger,

#29205 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 02 October 2020 - 12:55 AM

So true. Especially on the Naruto-Boruto advertising for products with the sequel's cast, and even forcing Boruto into stuff like Jump Force for no raisins other than to shoehorn him into stuff.

And yeah, Hinata merch had gone up when The Last came out, BUT it didn't work out as you said, and a lot of that merch just collected dust.

Anyways, well how else are they suppose to have stuff sell with his face on it? He is just a spoiled Naruto. Naruto underdog orphan status is what made his obnoxious behavior tolerable. Without that along with his drive (because Bolt is a lazy natural genius) Bolt is just a spoiled brat. 

#29206 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 02 October 2020 - 10:22 AM

Anyways, well how else are they suppose to have stuff sell with his face on it? He is just a spoiled Naruto. Naruto underdog orphan status is what made his obnoxious behavior tolerable. Without that along with his drive (because Bolt is a lazy natural genius) Bolt is just a spoiled brat. 

And that's the problem. After viewing his father work so hard and not take the shortcut like this little brat here does, what is it that we must find appealing with him?

That's the thing. Naruto as a story made us FEEL a lot of things. A lot of complicated emotions. You could walk there alongside the character and feel their pain while doing so. So then you felt also his drive and motivation and made you strive for it.

But with Boruto? What is it there for him to strive for? To be the coolest one in the cast? To be the most badass overpowered ninja? 

What am I supposed to feel for this character? Cuz I don't feel anything. Anything at all. No pain, no hardwork, no complicated road, no self-sacrifice, no selflessness, no nothing.

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#29207 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,040 posts

Posted 02 October 2020 - 01:58 PM

I know. I mean I feel for our fanchild Shinachiku more than this brat.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#29208 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 02 October 2020 - 04:03 PM

I know. I mean I feel for our fanchild Shinachiku more than this brat.

Because you can actually feel for Shinachiku. He has a monster chakra of a dad and a smartass of a mom so imagine that. 

Both legends in their own way. And you're like... wow, such high stakes, can he even raise up to the expectation?

Edited by Chatte, 02 October 2020 - 04:04 PM.

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#29209 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 03 October 2020 - 05:53 AM

Because you can actually feel for Shinachiku. He has a monster chakra of a dad and a smartass of a mom so imagine that. 

Both legends in their own way. And you're like... wow, such high stakes, can he even raise up to the expectation?

Yeah. It kinda reminds me of Gohan and Goten in Dragon Ball Z, and how their dad is pretty powerful and just keeps getting stronger. While Gohan doesn't like to fight as much as Goku, he does want to be able to live up to that kind of legacy in his own way, while also wanting to protect Videl and Pan later on in Dragon Ball Super, and while Goten is younger, Goten wants to be able to do what he can as well. While Goku just wants them to be happy, and that he'll protect them when push comes to shove, same for Chichi.

It's why I like Shinachiku or many other NaruSaku children over what we do got. 

#29210 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 03 October 2020 - 04:26 PM

It's times like this where I wish I could draw because Shinachiku is just so adorable, he's literally everything I would expect from an NS kid. He's the perfect combination of both of them, it's really cute.

Also, a bit unrelated, but it's a damn shame Naruto is out here looking like Frankenstein Jr. with his current haircut. Only mentioning this because of Shinachiku's hairstyle and how great it looked. Honestly, there's so much you could have done with his hair, a side part would have looked great. Sigh!

Edit: After doing a bit of search for recent fanart, I can confirm that I am indeed in my feelings haha. Now I'm debating going back to my NS Photoshop and colouring days, at least it'll act as a hobby since all this free time exists due to COVID. :cry:

I'm not much of a fan of the haircut Naruto has. I always imagined when he was older that his hair would grow out more to look like Minato's. Or even looking like the way Naruto imagined himself when reading "The Legend of the Gutsy Ninja" and imagined himself as the protagonist Naruto in it. 

#29211 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,040 posts

Posted 03 October 2020 - 04:50 PM

I've seen better hairstyles on Deviantart.

Edited by NaruSaku fan in Kentucky, 03 October 2020 - 04:50 PM.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#29212 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 03 October 2020 - 05:51 PM

It's times like this where I wish I could draw because Shinachiku is just so adorable, he's literally everything I would expect from an NS kid. He's the perfect combination of both of them, it's really cute.

Also, a bit unrelated, but it's a damn shame Naruto is out here looking like Frankenstein Jr. with his current haircut. Only mentioning this because of Shinachiku's hairstyle and how great it looked. Honestly, there's so much you could have done with his hair, a side part would have looked great. Sigh!

Edit: After doing a bit of search for recent fanart, I can confirm that I am indeed in my feelings haha. Now I'm debating going back to my NS Photoshop and colouring days, at least it'll act as a hobby since all this free time exists due to COVID. :cry:

As I have always said. Boruto's dad's hairstyle is fugly and is a physical representation of how terrible things have become. 

2e5.gif

#29213 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 04 October 2020 - 02:41 AM

Oh my gosh, right? It looked so great! There's no way that Naruto was meant to look like his current self He just looks awful, there's no doubt about that.

And what happened to Shinachiku being Naruto's future kid's name because it's also a topping (bamboo)? Like how Naruto's RTN counterpart was named Menma?

You know, kind of glad that Boruto (whose name is actually related to Neji, go figure) didn't get the name Shinachiku instead. And that Naruto looks like Gus Griswald from kittening Recess. I'm glad all the BS that's happening is happening. It really showcases how off the deep end the series has gone and what had to happen to have these pairings last minute. It leaves us to create our own fan materials based on the majority of the manga. You know, sometimes I wonder if this was intentional on Kishimoto's end just to be petty/spiteful.

Some of what he did in the Naruto Gaiden seems to be like that such as basically showing us Karin is Sarada's biological mother even as she lied to Suigetsu about the DNAT test, and showing us how unhappy Naruto is, and how he seems to avoid his family with good reason when he was knocked out cold by Himawari on his inauguration day!

#29214 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,040 posts

Posted 04 October 2020 - 04:36 AM

[quote name="Bryon_Konoha_Ninja when he was knocked out cold by Himawari on his inauguration day![/quote]When I first heard that, I was like "was that real?"

509356167_759751.gif?4

#29215 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 04 October 2020 - 08:15 AM

When I first heard that, I was like "was that real?"

I know, right? I was like "They're kidding, right? Tell me this is some kind of sick joke."

#29216 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,040 posts

Posted 04 October 2020 - 05:52 PM

I know, right? I was like "They're kidding, right? Tell me this is some kind of sick joke."

Was it meant to be funny? I mean if it was NS and Sakura punched Naruto due to being late, that would be funny because he's being Naruto.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#29217 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 04 October 2020 - 08:28 PM

I think they did it as a big FY to Naruto for never seeing how great Hinata is, remember SP runs the show.

#29218 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,248 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 05 October 2020 - 01:16 AM

I've seen better hairstyles on Deviantart.

Heck I gave Naruto either the Thor or captain America infinity war hair and beard get looks a lot better with those
Plus shinachiku and hanami are superior to bolt and himawari plus hanami is more cute.

#29219 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 05 October 2020 - 06:23 AM

Oh my gosh, right? It looked so great! There's no way that Naruto was meant to look like his current self He just looks awful, there's no doubt about that.

And what happened to Shinachiku being Naruto's future kid's name because it's also a topping (bamboo)? Like how Naruto's RTN counterpart was named Menma?

You know, kind of glad that Boruto (whose name is actually related to Neji, go figure) didn't get the name Shinachiku instead. And that Naruto looks like Gus Griswald from kittening Recess. I'm glad all the BS that's happening is happening. It really showcases how off the deep end the series has gone and what had to happen to have these pairings last minute. It leaves us to create our own fan materials based on the majority of the manga. You know, sometimes I wonder if this was intentional on Kishimoto's end just to be petty/spiteful.

Well how else was Hinata and Naruto going to be bolted together?

Edited by James S Cassidy, 05 October 2020 - 06:26 AM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#29220 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 05 October 2020 - 07:02 AM

Well how else was Hinata and Naruto going to be bolted together?

Hehehehe... good pun. XD

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naruto, wtf, discuss

7 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users