7 replies to this topic

#1 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:27 AM

I'm surprised no one put this up, game is been out for a bit in japan, but hopefully its released elsewhere.

Trailer 1

Trailer 2:

Trailer 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dNEimB6g9c

Personally I would love to see Sasha take on a potato titan.

Edited by Inferno180, 24 April 2014 - 02:33 AM.

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

#2 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:19 AM

Holy kitten I want it! 

One you can choose Eren, Mikasa and Armin. Two you can customize your character with different looks and three it looks like the freaking anime.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#3 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:09 AM

http://fenglee.com/game/aog/

I wonder if the person who created the link above also helped in the game. It is very similar but with much better graphics.

Edited by Darth Krypt, 24 April 2014 - 04:10 AM.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#4 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 09:15 AM

Why are all these games that look cool are on Nintendo DS? It like all these games I want and they put it o the handhelds. It reminds me of Luigi's Mansion 2 that I was excited for and they are like "Well, it is for the DS."

Don't get me wrong, I love the DS, but why are all these good games only going on it. Why not make it for the Nintendo console or something?

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#5 neoshadow

neoshadow

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:52 AM

The game looks pretty fun, if looking a bit too unwieldy at times but I'd have to play it to know for certain, unfortunately I don't think we'd get it anytime soon though I reckon we will get it eventually given the series popularity, correct me if I'm wrong but Attack on Titan hasn't started airing it's English dub yet has it? That's always a huge barrier for releasing anime games outside of Japan.

Why are all these games that look cool are on Nintendo DS? It like all these games I want and they put it o the handhelds. It reminds me of Luigi's Mansion 2 that I was excited for and they are like "Well, it is for the DS."

Don't get me wrong, I love the DS, but why are all these good games only going on it. Why not make it for the Nintendo console or something?

Unfortunately it's a multitude of reasons.

Chief of which is consoles in Japan have fallen by the wayside in the last few years, even the PS4 which is breaking all sort of records in America and Europe opened to very lukewarm sales in Japan. Yet handhelds are just as popular as they've always been so if you have a game based off a popular anime to reach the most sales it makes the most sense to release it on a handheld that is popular.

Outside of Japan though anime games in general don't sell amazingly well if they're even released at all, they're a little too niche to reach the massive sales other games and genres do especially on home consoles.

Obviously it's dependent on the series, Naruto games do decent Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 did something like 1.8 million, on the other hand One Piece has never really caught on outside of Japan and as such a lot of One Piece games like the Pirate Warriors series aren't dubbed and are released digital only.

Also the 3DS in particular hasn't hit the massive graphical barrier that home consoles have to deal with and since most anime games are made pretty cheap to cash in on a popular series they don't have to worry as much as to how good the game looks.

And lastly making the game for Nintendo consoles namely the Wii U, sadly the simple truth is the Wii U isn't selling.

#6 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:54 PM

It looks faithful to the series though, you have limited swords and gas to use, otherwise you they put in some choices like cutting the legs of a bigger titan first to make it immobile is one of the key things.

From the trailers the playable characters include:

Eren- also in titan form

Mikasa

Armin

Jean

Sasha

Anne

Levi

For the titans you face:

Various small

Various medium

Various large

Female Titan

Colossal Titan

Armored Titan

Ape Titan

Customization also looked neat, but the third trailer had sasha instead of using swords, pull out a giant fork and knife. It looks really interesting how they could implement this stuff.

also this is nice news I guess because the attack on titan funimation dub comes to toonami this may 3rd.

http://video.adultsw...-is-coming.html

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

#7 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:03 PM

Finally I've been looking forward to hearing the English voices and from the cast I'm impressed. Pryce Pappenbrook voices Eren, Trina Nishimura as Mikasa, Josh Grelle as Armin, Lauren Landa as Anne among many others. Since it will premiere on Toonami I hope it will be uncut and uncensored, the hour will be midnight due to its strong violence.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#8 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 08:14 PM

Tune in tonight on Toonami cartoon network for the premiere of attack on Titan at 11:30 PM. No doubt with its dramatic increase in popularity they localize the game.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users