• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:36 PM

I don't see the reason behind the abhorrence of Naruto has the ability to fly and levitate. Pain was first shown to fly in the manga and levitate (I think) and its due to the power of the Six Paths, which Naruto has inherited half of it from Hagoromo, so its not surprising. Nevertheless if he had obtained the Sharingan or Rinnegan.

If it's a bad thing. What if Kishi mirrors NS off of this...

283px-Lois-and-superman.jpg

Flying does has its fantasy merits. I see Naruto carrying her bridal style the second time while flying Superman and Lois style :nslove: 

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#2 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:37 PM

Shouldn't this be a good thing?

#3 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:48 PM

I don't see the reason behind the abhorrence of Naruto has the ability to fly and levitate. Pain was first shown to fly in the manga and levitate (I think) and its due to the power of the Six Paths, which Naruto has inherited half of it from Hagoromo, so its not surprising. Nevertheless if he had obtained the Sharingan or Rinnegan.

If it's a bad thing. What if Kishi mirrors NS off of this...

283px-Lois-and-superman.jpg

Flying does has its fantasy merits. I see Naruto carrying her bridal style the second time while flying Superman and Lois style :nslove: 

He's a messiah now, so I don't really care what happens to him at this point anymore.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#4 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:50 PM

The only bad thing is that he obtained this power through this destiny reincarnation crap.

ナルサク

#5 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:02 PM

I don't really care what powers he has.

eh10ut.jpg

#6 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:24 PM

I care so little for the story now...Naruto can do whatever he wants as far as I'm concerned

#7 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:45 PM

The reason it's not good in my view is it takes away what originally made the manga fun. Keep in mind when this first started it was about ninjas. There were some ninja that were incredibly powerful and used out of this world techniques, sure, but back in the day there was still a sense of strategy in the combat and the abilities.

All throughout Shippuden, though, and especially in this war arc where Naruto has become this child of destiny who gets upgrades, the series has distanced itself from where it started. The ability of flight is just another example.

It takes away from awesome moments like when Naruto hid under the shadow of that giant shuriken to trick Zabuza. 

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#8 vblm

vblm

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 03:07 AM

The only bad thing is that he obtained this power through this destiny reincarnation crap.

LOL! I hope you appreciate the irony, that was pretty funny. :P

#9 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:21 PM

The reason it's not good in my view is it takes away what originally made the manga fun. Keep in mind when this first started it was about ninjas. There were some ninja that were incredibly powerful and used out of this world techniques, sure, but back in the day there was still a sense of strategy in the combat and the abilities.

All throughout Shippuden, though, and especially in this war arc where Naruto has become this child of destiny who gets upgrades, the series has distanced itself from where it started. The ability of flight is just another example.

It takes away from awesome moments like when Naruto hid under the shadow of that giant shuriken to trick Zabuza. 

But where did Ninjas originated from in Naruverse? That should have been the thought on many reader's minds when they first read the manga or watched the anime. People where hyped to see naruto used the kyuubi's chakra to the fullest extend from part one. The Kyuubi was definitely not shinobi related and people still wanted to see him control Kurama's powers. Now Part 2, people wished the Bijuus never existed in the first place and naruto never tapped into kurama's powers. The bad thing about all this is that people don't know what they want until they whiteness it firsthand.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#10 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:19 PM

But where did Ninjas originated from in Naruverse? That should have been the thought on many reader's minds when they first read the manga or watched the anime. People where hyped to see naruto used the kyuubi's chakra to the fullest extend from part one. The Kyuubi was definitely not shinobi related and people still wanted to see him control Kurama's powers. Now Part 2, people wished the Bijuus never existed in the first place and naruto never tapped into kurama's powers. The bad thing about all this is that people don't know what they want until they whiteness it firsthand.

That's because he didn't over do it then. Really, the story was WAY more interesting when the threat of Naruto going full 9-tails would have killed him. Now he's in a constant 'god mode' that makes him nearly invincible.

#11 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:50 PM

I sincerely believe Kishimoto is sick and tired of drawing this out now, so he's trying to make the series so implausible/nonsensical that eventually his editors allow him to move on finally.

inb4NarutoAndSasukePilotaJaegerAgainstAliensFromFallingSkiesCombinedWithHamtaro.

#12 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 12:57 AM

Naruto got massive powerups when Kishimoto started with the whole destined child thing on the manga.
It started when Jiraiya died since then Naruto's progress is infinitely superior than the whole part 1 and pre pain arc, the difference of powerup is huge.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 31 July 2014 - 12:58 AM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#13 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:50 PM

I sincerely believe Kishimoto is sick and tired of drawing this out now, so he's trying to make the series so implausible/nonsensical that eventually his editors allow him to move on finally.

inb4NarutoAndSasukePilotaJaegerAgainstAliensFromFallingSkiesCombinedWithHamtaro.

Well apparently Kishi has confirmed that Naruto will end this year, although personally I think it won't end until about the middle of next year.

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#14 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:17 PM

Well apparently Kishi has confirmed that Naruto will end this year, although personally I think it won't end until about the middle of next year.

I believe he said around this year October.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#15 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:11 AM

I believe he said around this year October.

Kishi said it would end this year but just that, October is just fan speculation.

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users