Close
Photo

How did you originally imagine Naruto as a father?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 01:00 AM

Before 700, what type of father did you think that Naruto would be?  How would he have balanced his role as a father and his job as Hokage? 

Edited by Namikaze Clan, 22 July 2015 - 01:02 AM.

#2 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 02:18 AM

A good one, y'know?

It made sense for naruto to try to be the father he never truly had, instead he is clearly neglecting his children because "hurr durr too much work" which makes no sense considering 

1) he is an era of peace

2) past hokages had a fair degree of free time ( ex: Hshirama spoiling Tsunade; Hiruzen walking around the village and being a part of the life of the kids; Tsunade training Sakura and being head medic)

So yeah, Naruto ( within the logic of the story itself) should end up being quite the good father of course not a perfect one, but he would try his hardest to make his offspring happy so they wouldn't ever see what is to grew up without a real family like he had.

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#3 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,022 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 02:38 AM

A loving and caring father that knows what it means for a child to have parents.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#4 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 22 July 2015 - 02:48 AM

Like one who actually spends time with his children. Laughs at their mischief while Sakura scolds them. Give them great advice on being a ninja. 

509356167_759751.gif?4

#5 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 22 July 2015 - 03:24 AM

I always imagined him being an awkward goof of a dad. He'd be clueless as hell, but above all he'd be a big kid who adored his children.

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#6 RamenxBlossom

RamenxBlossom

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku
    Fanfiction
    Kpop
    Kdramas
    Anime/Manga
    Drawing

Posted 22 July 2015 - 11:11 AM

"Naruto out of all people, would have treated his family (or at least his children) with the utmost level of love and respect he could give. He would have been treating each second with his kids as a precious treasure - moments with his family, that he never truly had growing up as an ostracised orphan.

Naruto would have been the best possible parent he could. Hell, the clones would have been the ones doing the work, not his real self. His real self would probably be playing, training and talking to his kids the whole day long. To Naruto, nothing was more important to him than his precious people."

- me copying and pasting what I said in the Boruto thread.

output_FAafXs_zpsoj0idcx1.gif?t=14375663

#7 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 22 July 2015 - 01:02 PM

A loser dad who would do anything for his kids.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#8 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,987 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 03:30 PM

Hmm Let me elaborate my vision of the manga's ending for that, that is my ideal ending. Naruto married to Sakura (obviously) and having 3 kids (don't know why but 3 seems ideal to me,don't ask why), a boy and two girls with the girls being twins. Naruto would be a loving father but also would be a bit of a man child playing pranks with his son instead of scolding and physically punishing him (Right Boruto?) and Having Sakura keeping in line with balancing his duties as Hokage and family time. Sakura would be director of Konoha hospital and the girls will adore their brother and father (but not be flat like Himawari to be just physical proof Naruto and Sakura reproduced). Nope, One is going to be strong willed with a fiery Temper like Sakura and will keep her brother's antics in control but love him just the same and is sociable and friendly, while the other will have Naruto and Sakura's kindness (not a heartless kitten like Hinata was in the last), but timid and cries easily so can easily provoke a big brother/sister instinct in her siblings. I'll will try to remember more later.

In case you're wondering, A miniature Naruto with Sakura's green eyes (harry Potter speaking here, haha), A Blonde Sakura and a miniature Sakura with Naruto's Blue eyes.  

Edited by Phantom_999, 23 July 2015 - 01:04 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#9 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 03:33 PM

A good one, y'know?

It made sense for naruto to try to be the father he never truly had, instead he is clearly neglecting his children because "hurr durr too much work" which makes no sense considering 

1) he is an era of peace

2) past hokages had a fair degree of free time ( ex: Hshirama spoiling Tsunade; Hiruzen walking around the village and being a part of the life of the kids; Tsunade training Sakura and being head medic)

So yeah, Naruto ( within the logic of the story itself) should end up being quite the good father of course not a perfect one, but he would try his hardest to make his offspring happy so they wouldn't ever see what is to grew up without a real family like he had.

Totally agree with this. He'd make a lot of mistakes as a dad, but they'd always be well-intentioned and he'd have Sakura to knock him into place. But he'd be very involved in his kids' lives.

I always imagined him being an awkward goof of a dad. He'd be clueless as hell, but above all he'd be a big kid who adored his children.

Awkward goof is pretty accurate. I imagine him embarrassing his kids a TON. They'd complain, but secretly really appreciate it.

#10 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 11:37 PM

Like this:

Screen-Shot-2013-03-08-at-14.29.28.png

#11 Anthony

Anthony

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 11:48 PM

"Naruto out of all people, would have treated his family (or at least his children) with the utmost level of love and respect he could give. He would have been treating each second with his kids as a precious treasure - moments with his family, that he never truly had growing up as an ostracised orphan.

Naruto would have been the best possible parent he could. Hell, the clones would have been the ones doing the work, not his real self. His real self would probably be playing, training and talking to his kids the whole day long. To Naruto, nothing was more important to him than his precious people."

- me copying and pasting what I said in the Boruto thread.

I second this.

Come on, didn't he wish for anyone to never feel what he felt ever again? We understand, his teenage life had been a constant struggle between saving the world and forging himself as well as he could but that didn't work too well either, did it now...

Anyway, as many headcanons stated and will state, Naruto would have made an impeccable, funny, loving and kind father. Mix that in with that ruthless (toned down to almost nothing) facade of his which he shows in his fights and there you have it!

#12 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,022 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 12:08 AM

Like this:

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#13 Anthony

Anthony

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 12:54 AM

The Bundy Family, good times... 

#14 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 01:48 AM

Like this:

friggin hysterical  :lol:

#15 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 01:55 AM

I wanted to see moments where his son gets into trouble and Naruto looks angry and tries to scold him, but then laughs like it is the biggest joke he ever heard.

"What you're doing is immature, reckless, juvanile..." and then he smiles...."And it is exactly like I was when I was at your age."

The kind of father that understood his son and tried to teach him instead of just saying "suck it up."

Edited by James S Cassidy, 23 July 2015 - 01:57 AM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#16 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 01:49 PM

Like this:

This is my everything.

#17 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 04:47 PM

A father who played with his kids, someone who tried to scold his kids for playing pranks but end up congratulating them on their creativity and giving them pointers, a big kid who made a mess when looking after his kid and legging it with kids when his wife saw the mess. I expected to see a house that looked lived in with toys all over the place, not the sterile posh place we saw in the imitation of the Uzumaki/Namakave breakfast drawing. I expected a family like the one he had in the Road to Ninja.

I expected smiles, laughter, mischief and lots of happy fun memories, not the crap we got, if I wanted a crappy ending like this I'd get on with my real life.

iAnby7W.gif

#18 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 09:08 PM

I wanted him to be a father that would love and take care of his children, yet not afraid to teach them right from wrong, and be there when they need him the most, yet give them space when they need some alone time...like Goku.

Not a father that ups and abandons his family for a weird gig of a job...like Goku...

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#19 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 08:38 AM

I wanted him to be a father that would love and take care of his children, yet not afraid to teach them right from wrong, and be there when they need him the most, yet give them space when they need some alone time...like Goku.

Not a father that ups and abandons his family for a weird gig of a job...like Goku...

The worst part is...he is not even good at that job either. XD

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users