Chapter 297 Discussion (RAW + Script)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
176 replies to this topic

#1 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 02 March 2006 - 10:23 AM

Hot off the press at Mangahelpers. smile.gif I've now provided a mirror link.

Mirror Link hosted on H&E

Ratfox's script:
http://mangahelpers....hp?topic=1662.0

Comments (before script):
Click For Spoiler

Oh, damn it, Naruto, you had to spoil the moment again. XD There was Sakura, almost crying with happiness and relief when you woke up, and you had to start shouting. I just hope Kishimoto makes up for that later. tongue.gif

I'll wait for the translations before commenting more, since this was a talking chapter. It's definite that Sakura and Yamato were talking about Naruto. At first, it was likely Yamato talking about how he controlled Kyuubi, then it seems it switches to Sakura and her bond with Naruto. It focused on her Kyuubi wound a couple of times. Maybe because it's still there, Naruto might notice later.

No wonder Sai was uneasy. Oro and Kabuto could have killed him, but it seems something in that envelope changed Oro's mind. Now all three have jumped off somewhere together, it's obvious Sai has no intention of returning to the others - especially when you consider he abandoned the mission and left Sakura to die. Maybe Team Yamato will chase Sai?

*patiently awaits translation*

#2 Urazz

Urazz

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 10:54 AM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Mar 2 2006, 06:23 AM)
Hot off the press at Mangahelpers. smile.gif  I've now provided a mirror link.

http://mangahelpers....hp?topic=1656.0

Mirror Link hosted on H&E

Comments (before script):
Click For Spoiler

Oh, damn it, Naruto, you had to spoil the moment again. XD  There was Sakura, almost crying with happiness and relief when you woke up, and you had to start shouting.  I just hope Kishimoto makes up for that later. tongue.gif

I'll wait for the translations before commenting more, since this was a talking chapter.  It's definite that Sakura and Yamato were talking about Naruto.  At first, it was likely Yamato talking about how he controlled Kyuubi, then it seems it switches to Sakura and her bond with Naruto.  It focused on her Kyuubi wound a couple of times.  Maybe because it's still there, Naruto might notice later.

No wonder Sai was uneasy.  Oro and Kabuto could have killed him, but it seems something in that envelope changed Oro's mind.  Now all three have jumped off somewhere together, it's obvious Sai has no intention of returning to the others - especially when you consider he abandoned the mission and left Sakura to die.  Maybe Team Yamato will chase Sai?

*patiently awaits translation*

Click For Spoiler
Damn! I wish I could read japanese. Anyways, looks like a great chapter. And it doesn't suprise me that Naruto ruins a moment. He is an idiot when it comes to all things romance after all. biggrin.gif

Urazz: Hey sis what's going on?
Urazz's Sister: I cut myself.
Urazz: Take it like a man even if your a woman.
Urazz's Sister: Ok!
*Urazz's Sister kicks Urazz in the groin.*
Urazz: $%^&*#
Urazz's Sister: I dunno. I'm sure it's much better to take it like a woman. That was evidence to support my theory.
*Urazz whimpers like a baby*

#3 Guest_jtl889_*

Guest_jtl889_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2006 - 11:56 AM

Translation by Ryoma Echizen

Click For Spoiler
Naruto 297 Raw Translation by Ryoma Echizen

Title: Sai's Mission

Sidebar: Guided by the golden light. Now, she steps into the sun!

-Page 2-

Narrator: Sai confronts Orochimaru. What is his objective?

Orochimaru: Danzou... So that old geezer is still alive.

So what buisness might you have with me?

Sai: I have a message from Danzou-sama for Orochimaru-sama.

However...

Before that...

Orochimaru: Choose your words very carefully when speaking to me

or you will die.

Sai: I won't speak in any other way than Danzou-sama has instructed me to.

If there is something you don't like, please do as you see fit.

-Page 3-

Orochimaru: You really are a boy that doesn't mind his manners.

-Page 4-

-Page 5-

Orochimaru: When speaking with your betters, it is proper manners to show your face when you speak.

-Page 6-

-Page 7-

Sakura: The wound's healing rate is slow.

Up to now, Naruto would heal much faster by using Kyuubi's chakra

Yamato: The 4th tail that Jiraiya-sama foretold... unthinkable for it to be this much...

-Page 8-

Sakura: Yamato-taichou (Captain Yamato)

The jutsu that stopped Naruto earlier...

That jutsu... will you teach to me as well?

Yamato: That is impossible.

The only person in Konoha that can use that jutsu is me who has Shodaime cells.

-Page 9-

Yamato: The power to forcefully control Kyuubi's chakra...

Even I, as an experimental copy can't compare with the original Shodaime.

That thing around Naruto's neck was once Shodaime's.

It responds to only Shodaime's chakra.

It is in fact a crystal of chakra.

With that a Jinchuuriki's power can be restrained.

Shodaime Hokage-sama was said to have been Hokage because of this power.

...This is the reason I was chosen as this team's captain as well.

-Page 10-

Sakura: It's always like this...

All I can do for Naruto are only the smallest things.

-Page 11-

Yamato: What you can do is not a matter of how much or how little.

The important thing is that you care a lot about Naruto, is it not

Sakura... by looking at you I understand.

You really...

-Page 12-

Naruto: Sakura-chan

*Ow... Ow ow* (sounds of pain)

Sakura: Naruto...

Naruto: Wha? What happened to wit me? Wha?

Wha? Why are you crying Sakura-chan (-ttebayo) ?

Ah! It was that potty-mouthed Sai who said something hurtful again!

Like Fugly! or Superhuman Freak! That bastard!

Sakura: ... you jerk! Don't add "Superhuman Freak" on your own!

*sound of getting pwned*

-Page 13-

Sakura: Yamato-taichou, where is Sai by the way?

Orochimaru: That story... what should I believe as fact?

-Page 14-

Kabuto: What is the meaning of this?

-Page 15

Orochimaru: Calm down... Kabuto

This boy will become our tool from today forward.

Kabuto: ... Can we trust him?

Sai: Please look inside that envelope...

it is from Danzou-sama to you

-Page 16-

Orochimaru: ...This is...

Kabuto: What does it say?

Orochimaru: Kabuto, release that boy

We shall take this boy with us.

-Page 17-

Yamato: As I suspected.

Sidebar: A dastardly betrayal of team, and village. Yamato has seen through it. What is the true mission of Sai who now accompanies Orochimaru!?

Below: Orochimaru disappears, and what of Sai's whereabouts!? Next time "Yamato's Guidelines"

----

As always comments are appreciated.

I will be probably making changes here and there but for the most part its done. Enjoy!

-Ryoma Echizen

conversation btwn yamato and sakura was so nice biggrin.gif

#4 Hinano

Hinano

NaruSaku Lurker

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 12:18 PM

That translation is a bit off but generally okay
I just read it raw cause I could't wait till after work biggrin.gif
What a cute ass chapter ^____^
Even Yamato recognizes the true powa of NaruSaku
although I'm disappointed the Oekaki I drew didn't come true (And Naruto got punched ;-wink.gif but maybe the author doesn't wanna start the mushy stuff until later....I BELIEVE IN NARUSAKU! IT WILL HAPPEN!

#5 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 12:26 PM

Click For Spoiler
Geez...Naruto blows the moment again tongue.gif
If it weren't for that outburst, Sakura might've hugged him or something. I certainly didn't expect him to be okay already, I'm glad he's back to his old self happy.gif

And once again...somebody was about to comment on Sakura's feelings for Naruto, but was interrupted by Naruto sleep.gif First Sai, now Yamato. They still need to talk about what happened, it seems Naruto doesn't remember. Hopefully when they get back to the village or something.

And Sai...he's probably going to Orochimaru as a spy. The note was probably witten by Danzou, and was for Sai to give to Oro. My guess is that it says that Sai has important info on Konoha to deliver and will be Oro's subordinate now. I can see how he could feel uneasy...he called Sasuke trash for betraying Konoha and joining Orochimaru, so maybe he's not a spy and is really going to serve Oro :blink: Hmm...

I don't think the team is going to follow them, they'll probably go back to Konoha and tell Tsunade, who will have some words for Danzou wink.gif

#6 Ani

Ani

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 12:41 PM

Here is the translation: Ch.297 Translation

I just read this chapter. Really good! I'll comment more on it later. happy.gif

#7 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 01:19 PM

Click For Spoiler

Surprise, surprise. Still no hug. happy.gif

But Naruto manages to get punched again. This time, for trying to guess how Sai might've insulted Sakura. laugh.gif

Gotta love how Naruto manages to give Sakura (and him for that matter) an excuse not to talk about that stuff.

Except that I want them to talk about it! th_cussing.gif

#8 Vespar

Vespar

Namikage

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts
  • Interests:Everyone thinks it, but etiquette interferes; lest the writer is construed as misdirected.

Posted 02 March 2006 - 01:56 PM

Click For Spoiler
Orochimaru: Ohoho! The little boys flock to me!!

Seriously though, I expected Naruto to jump up and scream bloody murder about Orochimaru... How can he forget about the Snake Sage so easily? It'll probably be addressed in the next chapter but... =\

You know, the Crystal around Naruto's neck now causes me more confusion. I can understand its cost equals to that of a mountain or two because of its ability, but to only answer to the Shodaime? Useless rock... =\

I'll comment more when I've had a bit more time to think on it.

One more thing, I nearly mistook Hinata to be Neji. (Just stare at the face long enough)
They could nearly pass for twins!
*shudder* Okay, that's getting too creepy. I'll stop that train of thought immediately.

#9 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 02:03 PM

Click For Spoiler
QUOTE (Vespar @ Mar 2 2006, 08:56 AM)
Orochimaru: Ohoho! The little boys flock to me!! 
111189.gif

He's gotta be thinking he's in heaven right now.

I assumed that most of the value is because it's a pretty rock - not because it's got magical powers.

Sai's role is getting interesting. He's starting to remind me of a distorted reflection of Kabuto. Not sure that that's necessarily good, but Kabuto can be cool.

#10 Eagle8819

Eagle8819

Nostalgic Dreamer

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • Location:The other side of the screen, giving fresh meat the scare of their life. :)

Posted 02 March 2006 - 02:32 PM

Click For Spoiler
Am I the only one who's honed onto a few particular words by Yamato?

Yamato: What you can do is not a matter of how much or how little.

The important thing is that you care a lot about Naruto, is it not

Sakura... by looking at you I understand.

You really...

Can you tell what I'm thinking right now?

Can you? *nudgenudgehinthint*

XDDD

*coughs*

Okay, fangirling aside, this chapter was pretty interesting. The little twist with Sai was a little surprising, and...I got to run. More thoughts later, perhaps. XD

#11 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 03:12 PM

A very nice chapter once again, guys, though it sucks that the moment had to be ruined when Naruto freaked out. XP I think Kishimoto does this a lot just to piss us off. My theory is all... Damn.

Bryon

#12 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 02 March 2006 - 04:06 PM

XDDD I just read the script. I had actually guessed what it was while I was mulling over their expressions and reactions at work, but it was great to see it actually come true. biggrin.gif

Click For Spoiler

Yes! I had a hunch Yamato was commenting on Sakura's feelings for Naruto. And Naruto just has to interrupt the moment again. Couldn't he have stayed unconscious for a few more seconds? tongue.gif

It was very cute to see Naruto wondering why Sakura was crying. She was crying with happiness and relief, but Naruto mistook it for Sai having upset her. Again, Naruto is oblivious to the fact he's the reason.

It's pretty much confirmed Sakura has deep feelings for Naruto, what with Sai and Yamato noticing (and being interrupted by our blonde hero). biggrin.gif But... er... my bet was that we would have a moment between Naruto and Sakura (at least a talk) within the next few chapters that brings them closer. sweatdrop.gif

*breaks out into a nervous sweat* Please don't leave it there, Kishi... Sakura has surely got to knock some sense into Naruto and stop him using Kyuubi so easily!

I don't want to lose my bet and end up writing a SasuSaku, even if I did very much enjoy this chapter. XDDD

Everyone was great in this chapter, and I have to say Yakushi Kabuto is definitely in my top three favourite characters. smile.gif

I just wonder what Sai's role is... Why does Danzou want him to go to Oro? What was in that envelope? I wonder if the "Yamato's compass" teaser hints at Yamato having planted a tracker bug on Sai? That would likely give him the location of Oro's base if Sai is going there.

#13 Rinzen

Rinzen

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 04:11 PM

Yeah nice chapter, and NaruxSaku is really developing nicely, even if we didnt get "the hug" as Nick said smile.gif Well at least Naruto got a nice, warm, punch to the guts wink.gif

I prefer the NaruxSaku relationship to develop in little steps, than say Sakura going smexorzr all over Naruto. heh

And Sai going with Oro is certainly interesting...
Im really enjoying the manga right now, good times biggrin.gif

#14 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 04:32 PM

Makes one wonder what'll happen next since Sai has gone with Orochimaru. The question is... what exactly did Danzou's message say, and what will happen when Saiou goes to Orochimaru's lair? Will we see Sasuke? Will we learn why Sai went with him? MAN!! I hate that Naruto only comes out once a week... and it's gettin' really intense!!

Bryon

#15 sharingank

sharingank

Inner Kyuubi

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts
  • Interests:Uh...stuff. I like Naruto. Wow. What a surprise. Gaara, Kakashi, Neji, and Kankuro are the boys.

Posted 02 March 2006 - 04:38 PM

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I actually saw the chapter early this morning, but I didn't get the chance to comment on it 'till now...

*dies*

That was too adorable for words. Just...*happy sigh* Sure, it wasn't a hug, but it *was* a total NaruSaku moment. I mean, they both behaved in a way that is purely *them,* which I found quite refreshing. XD I agree with Rinzen on this one. Yeah, okay, if this turns into an InuYasha/Kagome kind of relationship I may have to murder someone (*twitches*), but the subtle development is nice. And if *Yamato* is noticing Sakura's feelings, that's a pretty huge step in the NaruSaku camp. XD

And SAI. What are you up to, boy??? *wants to peer inside his head*

#16 tailz

tailz

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:hehe my intrest he well naruto manga of course and uhm my friends (yes they are a hobby to :P )

Posted 02 March 2006 - 04:42 PM

nice chapter though i liked 296 better but i wonder whats gonna happen in the next biggrin.gif

#17 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE (Rinzen @ Mar 2 2006, 11:11 AM)
Yeah nice chapter, and NaruxSaku is really developing nicely, even if we didnt get "the hug" as Nick said smile.gif Well at least Naruto got a nice, warm, punch to the guts wink.gif

Well, it's the thought that counts. biggrin.gif

Little steps are just fine with me ... as long as they keep coming.

#18 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 02 March 2006 - 05:09 PM

*Tries to think coherently...and completely fails* a_spaz.gif

Click For Spoiler
Sakura: It's always like this...

私がナルトにしてあげれるのは ほんの小さなことだけ
Sakura: The only things I can do for Naruto are so small.

Page 10

出来る事の大きい小さいは問題じゃないよ。。。  大切なのはナルトを想う気持ちの大きさでしょうよ
Yamato: It's not a problem of small or big... What's important is the strength of the feelings you have for Naruto.

フッ。。。
Yamato: Heh...

サクラ。。。 君を見ていたら分かる  君はホントは。。。
Yamato: Sakura... I can tell by looking at you.  In reality, you...

Did you guys see/read this scene?! *Flails around...passes out...then dies* a_spaz.gif

I am so happy right now I could almost cry! laugh.gif

I mean how much more evidence of Sakura's ever developing feelings for Naruto do the NaruHina's and SasuSaku's need...(beside a nice long, sweet kiss between the two of them biggrin.gif )

*Sighs with happiness*
I am so loving the manga right now laugh.gif

#19 Blayze

Blayze

Godaime|Erokage-sama

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 05:46 PM

Ah, what a chapter. The fact that Yamato, someone who barely knows the team, commented on Sakura's feelings for Naruto is important, I feel. It must be that 'Everyone else can see it' thing I keep hearing about. biggrin.gif

#20 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 05:51 PM

It seems to be that way if you ask me too, Blayze. smile.gif Heck, I do think that even Sakura can't notice it sometimes, and Naruto is too dense to see it... XD That just is how he is though. Maybe he'll learn soon enough.

Bryon

Back to The Museum of NaruSaku

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users