• This topic is locked This topic is locked
255 replies to this topic

#21 EarthBorn

EarthBorn

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
  • Interests:&gt;Science! and the Tech stuff. <br />&gt;Music (I do the Guitar, occasional Keyboard and Lyrics writing for a school band I'm a part of)<br />&gt;Writing<br />&gt;Gaming <br />&gt;One thousand other stuff...

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:26 AM

She's dead. I'm dead certain about that (excuse the pun).

Really though, this was very depressing. I certainly didn't want Hinata to die, but the way she said it...you guys are right about it being like a final speech. Pain want out of his way to impale her, and we get a six tails Naruto.

No further comments until the next chapter.

#22 Urazz

Urazz

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:26 AM

QUOTE (Daniee @ Feb 27 2009, 12:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If there's one thing in the Narutoverse that's been portrayed as fatal, it's being impaled. (Unless you're a certain "Zombie Duo")
Haku, Zabuza, Sakon & Ukon, Sasori, Asuma, Jiraiya, Messanger Frog, and Fukasaku all met their end via impalement, and Sasuke would have died from Killerbee's swords if he hadn't have run Raiton through his body and been immediately healed by Karin. Really, this was different from all the "near deaths" in Naruto. Pain was clearly finishing the job, where as the Chouji and Neji cases were pretty ambiguous.

My thoughts exactly! Also, while we didn't get a view of the stabbing, Naruto did. And if his reaction is anything to go by he thinks she is dead. And even if that wasn't the case, I don't think all that chakra 6-tails Kyubified Naruto is emitting will be helping her stay alive with those kind of wounds. If Kishimoto keeps her alive after that, then I'll definately quit reading this manga and I don't say that lightly. It's not a matter of having any particular pairing happening now but a matter of principle. If you're gonna kill a character and make us feel that way just to bring them back with some lousy reason, then that's very insensitive of the author.

Edited by Urazz, 27 February 2009 - 05:30 AM.

Urazz: Hey sis what's going on?
Urazz's Sister: I cut myself.
Urazz: Take it like a man even if your a woman.
Urazz's Sister: Ok!
*Urazz's Sister kicks Urazz in the groin.*
Urazz: $%^&*#
Urazz's Sister: I dunno. I'm sure it's much better to take it like a woman. That was evidence to support my theory.
*Urazz whimpers like a baby*

#23 max acorn

max acorn

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:29 AM

damn. that's all i can say about that.

#24 Destiny

Destiny

Queen of the hard hitters!

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:29 AM

Sakura's sooo going to jump in and save here. Weird thinking of that though. I need to read the next chapter! And the one after that. I'm not sure how I felt about this... I think her confession needed to happen regardless.

I wonder if Kishi would really do this to Kurenai, her love and her student dying? hmmmm.

Love is everything.

#25 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:33 AM

Huh. I didn't think Kishi had the stones to kill one of the Rookie Nine. How about that.

Honestly, if he cops out at this point, I think it's time for me to give up on the manga. It's been such a frustrating entity for the past year and a half to two years.

Edited by dl316bh, 27 February 2009 - 05:33 AM.

bd5.jpg

#26 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:35 AM

I don't see the reason for mass panic. Hinata confessing was inevitable and going to happen one way or another. So in this chapter she confesses, but does Naruto reciprocate those feelings? No, he goes six tails. Really it seems quite idiotic on her part to go and randomly attack the strongest opponent ever when she knows the chance of winning are zilch and is going to recklessly get her hurt/killed. I would say that this is the biggest NaruHina moment uptodate since it is the confession. But, again its in the middle of a fight and Pain is the bigger threat that must be dealt with first. Seems like forced writing on Kishimoto's part.

Naruto using the Kyuubi isn't a good thing since he has been told to not use that power and rely on his own (the sage mode). I'd be more focused on him using the Kyuubi's power right now which Yamato told him to not use if he really wants to protect his precious people. Will he be able to control it without hurting others in the process of fighting Pain? How much damage will it do to him? I think the bigger focus should be on that instead of Hinata confessing out of the blue.

Sakura is not out of the picture yet. She has seen him use the Kyuubi's power and see up front its full effects. If the Kyuubi mode does prove to be harmful to Naruto, then I'd get the feeling she would be the catalyst to get him out of it since they've had a prior incident to before.

As for Hinata dieing, I myself like Shriner won't accept it unless we have a confirmation from a character in the manga. Characters prior to this have 'technically' died yet still brought back to life. It is a fantasy story after all and Kishimoto can think of a magical way to revive her.

#27 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:41 AM

QUOTE (SweetGoodbye18 @ Feb 27 2009, 12:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think I need my inhaler... sad.gif
I really cant believe all the hints were just to keep narusaku fans interested. He is not going to just wake up and be inlove with her< Kishi has had time and opportunity to make naruhina believable and thus having him drop it in all its glory in our laps is just bad writing.

*Watches sadly as Kishimoto pulls a JK Rowling out of his a$$*

NaruHina = just like HarryGinnywtf anyone >.>

#28 jim1982

jim1982

Wow, rule 34... it is Madness!

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:44 AM

QUOTE (Gravity @ Feb 26 2009, 11:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
... WHAT THE ****?!

The Nine-Tails chakra is now regenerating it's BONES on the OUTSIDE of Naruto's body?! It can do that?!

I mean, that's just insane!

And whether I knew it would happen or not, seeing Hinata go down like that was pretty hard. I doubt that she's getting up ever again, either. Not with the way Nagato was talking about his parents being killed.

God, I feel so depressed right now. That was hard to read. sad.gif

Well, I would assume that Naruto is the "core" or "heart" of the kyuubi

Hmm, It would appear that Hinata is dead, being Pein took the time to stab her after she was down. As for Naruto, all the emotions and doubt that has been building since Jiraiya's death probably is just coming to a head. Hopefully he can maintain some sort of control, or Konoha will truly be lost.
Funny Naruto Comic: http://nekoni.devian...nowman-73499115

[size=7]Picture done by Nekoni (nekoni.deviantart.com)

#29 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:45 AM

Ah, to be a fool. A fool in love.

Seriously, if Kishi pulls some magic hat trick and revivs Hinata, I'm goign to laugh and wave this manga off. This is probably the most unexpected thing I've seen from this in a long time. It's not even about pairings with this. If he keeps her live after that, it's pretty much official; nothing of true consequence is going to actually happen to the Rookie Nine. And if nothing bad can really happen to them, where's the bloody suspense?

If this is the real deal, on the other hand, it's almost inadvertantly brilliant. Considering none of the Rookie Nine have croaked and seemed to be revived from death situations, expectation that the Rookie Nine wouldn't have casualties becomes prevalent. Lull's into a false sense of security and then BAM MUTHA****A!
bd5.jpg

#30 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:48 AM

And I just realized that after reading Nate, True and Daniee's post, I thought about in the 2008 Jump Interview, Kishimoto mentioned 3 precious people in Naruto's life will die. Confirmed for Jiraiya and Shizune, but does Hinata applies to it as well? (I'm not adding Kakashi because of this reason: Kishi added a limbo scene for him) or adding Fukusaku to the list, though Naruto haven't known him that long and he's a frog...

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#31 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:51 AM

QUOTE (True @ Feb 27 2009, 12:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sakura is not out of the picture yet. She has seen him use the Kyuubi's power and see up front its full effects. If the Kyuubi mode does prove to be harmful to Naruto, then I'd get the feeling she would be the catalyst to get him out of it since they've had a prior incident to before.

This I agree with, and would love to see Kishimoto actually do.

#32 StrawberryAcappella

StrawberryAcappella

If you can’t convince them, confuse them

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Interests:A lot of fandom shiznit. I literally just read fanfiction and search the internet for fandom related things all day, even at school on my phone. My current love is Sherlock, but my long time love is Naruto. When im not doing what im supposed to im also practicing something musical~ because the classical variety of music making is tiresome...

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:52 AM

I have sad little butterflys in my stomach, it hurts,i can only reaf the worst now with the I love you.]:
My Awesome Birthday Banner My friend Made me!!!!

#33 Power06

Power06

NaruSaku drug addict

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:53 AM

This Kyuubi transformation is different, not because of the fox bones that appear. Last time we checked, Oro's endless taunting of Naruto on the whereabouts of Sasuke drove him over the edge to 4 tails. Having the horrifying experience of watching the person you helped become strong over the years, and considered a close friend being mercilessly murdered pushes emotions way past the breaking point.

#34 SweetGoodbye18

SweetGoodbye18

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:58 AM

Please don't give up! were just quiet, but far from dead!
It is madness for sheep to talk peace with a wolf".
I dont wish to be everything to everyone but I would like to be something to someone
"]Immature love says: 'I love you because I need you.' Mature love says 'I need you because I love you".'
"Love is always bestowed as a gift - freely, willingly and without expectation. We don't love to be loved; we love to love".

#35 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:59 AM

Having the horrifying experience of watching the person you helped become strong over the years, and considered a close friend being mercilessly murdered pushes emotions way past the breaking point.

... Okay, this is where you lost me. I'd honestly barely even call them friends really, considering their small amount of interaction, much less close friends. But failing to save someone else, considering Naruto and his determination, yes, that would probably be enough to send him over the edge.

Edited by dl316bh, 27 February 2009 - 05:59 AM.

bd5.jpg

#36 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 06:01 AM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Feb 26 2009, 11:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah, to be a fool. A fool in love.

Seriously, if Kishi pulls some magic hat trick and revivs Hinata, I'm goign to laugh and wave this manga off. This is probably the most unexpected thing I've seen from this in a long time. It's not even about pairings with this. If he keeps her live after that, it's pretty much official; nothing of true consequence is going to actually happen to the Rookie Nine. And if nothing bad can really happen to them, where's the bloody suspense?

If this is the real deal, on the other hand, it's almost inadvertantly brilliant. Considering none of the Rookie Nine have croaked and seemed to be revived from death situations, expectation that the Rookie Nine wouldn't have casualties becomes prevalent. Lull's into a false sense of security and then BAM MUTHA****A!

Completely agree.

This either refutes or permanently reinforces some of my negative opinions of Kishimoto as a writer.

#37 Illjwamh

Illjwamh

Cooler Than You

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 06:07 AM

I agree with what you guys are saying, but even so if she is dead I'll be sad. At least she got to go out in a Crowning Moment of Awesome. And boy, was it ever.

#38 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 06:11 AM

QUOTE (Illjwamh @ Feb 27 2009, 12:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree with what you guys are saying, but even so if she is dead I'll be sad. At least she got to go out in a Crowning Moment of Awesome. And boy, was it ever.

Indeed it was. That actually makes me hope she's dead. If she's revived it'll be like Gaara: and awesome and tragic scene significantly diluted because the events pushing it are no longer true. It'd be a great way to go out if she does.

#39 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 06:17 AM

You know, this makes me wonder if there's a japanese equivilent of "Women in Refridgerators".

Indeed it was. That actually makes me hope she's dead. If she's revived it'll be like Gaara: and awesome and tragic scene significantly diluted because the events pushing it are no longer true. It'd be a great way to go out if she does.

In short, a waste of our time and page space, yes?

I really hope that's not the case, because at this point, that scene just wrapped up the last nagging thread she had left storywise. If she's kept from death at the last second, she's just going to fade into the background and do absolutely nothing. Just like the rest, really.

Edited by dl316bh, 27 February 2009 - 06:19 AM.

bd5.jpg

#40 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 06:22 AM

QUOTE (Illjwamh @ Feb 27 2009, 01:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lol, that's an 'awesome' description you have there XDD

Sorry, couldn't resist the pun XD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users