#82 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 07 May 2009 - 05:15 PM

I wonder what's going to happen to the Resident Evil franchise now that Wesker/Umbrella storyline is finished. All the major plotlines and characters have come to a close. Still wondering on whats going to happen with Ada Wong since she said in RE4 about how she was going to get back at Wesker. Notice at the end how the rockets miss his head? Wouldn't be surprised if we see a Tricell helicopter coming up and picking up his decimated body, extract his DNA, and rebuild him (this is Resident Evil, people coming back from the dead is nothing new) and Ada is at the helm. Then Leon could finally meet Wesker face to face and oh man that would be sweet..

So I guess Tricell would be the next big evil corporation? There wasn't much info on the files to give us a real idea about their plans, but if they had been working with Umbrella it could be possible. If they do go that route I'd like to see another awesome villain-type like Wesker.

I know remake of RE2 is happening, but I rather have RE3 so we can fight the NEMESIS all over again.

#83 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 07 May 2009 - 06:04 PM

Source Joystiq:

It appears that Resident Evil producer Jun Takeuchi is ready to hit the reset button for the next game in the series. Speaking with 1UP, Takeuchi believes that a reboot is possible for Resident Evil 6. No further details were given, so it's unclear whether he means RE3 to RE4 type change, or something bigger.

In our interview with Takeuchi, we did ask what the plans are for RE6. The producer told us that Capcom is simply in the "thinking about it stage" of development. However, he does believe that if too much time goes by between this installment and the next, that people lose expectation.

Source Kotaku:

Resident Evil 5 is a big hit. Know what Capcom likes better than big hits? Making big hits into big hit sequels.

According to RE5 producer Masachika Kawata, "We haven't decided whether we're going to make Resident Evil 6 yet... But if we do, it could take anywhere up to eight years, but hopefully only four."

It could take up to eight years, but hopefully only four?! To recap, Resident Evil came out in 1996, Resident Evil 2 in 1998, Resident Evil 3 in 1999, Resident Evil 4 in 2005 and Resident Evil 5 in 2009. And possibly RE6 in 2017?

Expect a gajillion spin-offs and Wii ports in between then.

#84 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 02:03 AM

I'm not waiting 8 years for a sequel! arg.gif

I hope they go back to zombies, but this time, using the third person camera like RE4 and RE5.

#85 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 02:06 AM

I wouldn't worry. I doubt it would be six or eight years. That's likely just a generous estimate.

If they really are rebooting the franchise, I hope they can figure out a way to ramp up the suspense and horror elements of the old games while keeping the new over the shoulder play scheme. I love the old games for what they were, but after two some odd sequels the fixed camera angles thing was getting old really fast and more cumbersome than it was worth, which is part of why I'm glad they changed it.

Perhaps a return to limited ammo would be a good way to bring back some of the old survival horror suspense. I must admit that while I had no problems with RE4's switch to the new playstyle, the abundance of ammo did have me scratching my head a bit.

Edited by dl316bh, 08 May 2009 - 02:08 AM.

bd5.jpg

#86 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 08 May 2009 - 02:11 AM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ May 7 2009, 10:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Perhaps a return to limited ammo would be a good way to bring back some of the old survival horror suspense. I must admit that while I had no problems with RE4's switch to the new playstyle, the abundance of ammo did have me scratching my head a bit.

Nyooo, I LOVE having the option to acquire unlimited ammo. Professional Mode would be pretty much impossible without it tongue.gif

#87 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 02:14 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ May 7 2009, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nyooo, I LOVE having the option to acquire unlimited ammo. Professional Mode would be pretty much impossible without it tongue.gif

Ammo abuser!

#88 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 02:29 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ May 7 2009, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's the point! It would be near impossible and victory that much sweeter! XD
bd5.jpg

#89 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 02:43 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ May 7 2009, 10:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ammo abuser!

Like everybody doesn't upgrade to get that unlimited ammo rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (dl316bh @ May 7 2009, 10:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's the point! It would be near impossible and victory that much sweeter! XD

To each his or her own tongue.gif

#90 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 02:45 AM

I'm so taking potshots at you with a sniper rifle then. wow.png

#91 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 02:45 AM

Ooooh, you were talking about that. No, even the old RE games had ways to get unlimited ammo. I mean less abundant ammo in the main quest. In the old games, half the suspense was having limited amounts of ammo and needing to save them for big threats whenever you could. I kind of miss that.
bd5.jpg

#92 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 02:49 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ May 7 2009, 10:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm so taking potshots at you with a sniper rifle then. wow.png

Good luck catching meh as I shield myself with MY BIG SHINY GATLING GUN BOX wow.png :teehee:

QUOTE (dl316bh @ May 7 2009, 10:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ooooh, you were talking about that. No, even the old RE games had ways to get unlimited ammo. I mean less abundant ammo in the main quest. In the old games, half the suspense was having limited amounts of ammo and needing to save them for big threats whenever you could. I kind of miss that.

I've never played the previous RE games. RE5 is my first, so I can't really relate to missing limited ammo tongue.gif

#93 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 02:51 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ May 7 2009, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good luck catching meh as I shield myself with MY BIG SHINY GATLING GUN BOX wow.png :teehee:

I've never played the previous RE games. RE5 is my first, so I can't really relate to missing limited ammo tongue.gif

I recommend you buy RE1 and RE2 if you still own a PS1, or borrow it! biggrin.gif

You'll see how scary it is >_<

CHEATER! NO GATLING GUNS ALLOWED!

#94 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 03:02 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ May 7 2009, 10:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh please, the Gatling gun has such terrible accuracy it can hardly be called a 'cheater' weapon >.>
And how is it 'cheating' to use it, when you have to work to get it, hm?

QUOTE (Cloud @ May 7 2009, 10:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I recommend you buy RE1 and RE2 if you still own a PS1, or borrow it! biggrin.gif

You'll see how scary it is >_<

No wait! I did play RE1 before. At least I *think* it was RE1 tongue.gif

I remember I was over at a friend's house, and they were playing the game and they let me play. AND THEN SOME BIG VICIOUS SCARY-A$$ DOGS JUMPED OUT AND SCARED THE CRAP OUTTA MEH DD:
And then I had to walk home alone in the dark, looking in EVERY corner for something to JUMP out and get me >.<

I think that experience scared me off of RE games completely, until obviously RE5 which isn't scary at all :3

#95 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 03:04 AM

Was it the part in the house? With the windows? XDD

I hated that part. D:

#96 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 03:06 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ May 7 2009, 11:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Was it the part in the house? With the windows? XDD

I hated that part. D:

Oh gawd yes! That was the part! D:

#97 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 03:07 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ May 7 2009, 11:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh gawd yes! That was the part! D:

That part still makes me jump. XD

#98 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 03:08 AM

I think just about everyone in existence crapped their pants the first time they went through that sequence. It was gold. The first Resident Evil really changed the game as far as this hobby goes.

I've never played the previous RE games. RE5 is my first, so I can't really relate to missing limited ammo

You should play RE3 if you can at some point. That ones my personal favorite and I wish it had been remade. Nothing since has really beaten Nemesis as far as RE bosses go; he had a greater tendency of showing up to torment you when you needed it the least than even Mr. X from RE2.

You should also play RE4. If you like 5, you'll love 4. 5 is basically the same game with a few upgrades here and there, but with next to none of the creepiness 4 still managed to grasp onto.

Edited by dl316bh, 08 May 2009 - 03:09 AM.

bd5.jpg

#99 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 03:09 AM

Nemesis was a nuisance at times.

Zombies in the hallway? Check.

Him bursting through the door? Double check.

RUN FOR YOUR ****ING LIFE.

#100 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 03:15 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ May 7 2009, 11:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nemesis was a nuisance at times.

That was the beauty of him. I remember the first time I was going through the game. The gas station had just exploded and Jill was quite damaged; no herbs in my inventory. So I exit that area into the one that's basically a big Y intersection. Head towards the middle, screen shifts and cue me then panicking.

"STARS."

"NO! NO! GO AWAY DAMMIT! NOT NOW!"

Edited by dl316bh, 08 May 2009 - 03:16 AM.

bd5.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users