56 replies to this topic

#21 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:52 PM

Sakura, Ino, Temari, And we're missing one important one(and by that I mean an obvious example) Karui pictureem0.gif

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#22 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:01 AM

QUOTE (Konoha'sCrimsonFox @ Apr 5 2012, 05:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does Naruto complain about Sakura berating him and screaming in his face? Sakura has shown to be rude in the past to Naruto. Naruto has yet to retaliate and is okay with the fact that Sakura has the power to scold him. And Minato hinted that Kushina made him into a man. Which is why I believed he was whipped because women that want to be superior over their men in marriage.

Shikaku told Shikamaru that Yoshino has also made him into a man.

Being whipped doesn't mean they don't care. It means that men have their respect for their women pampering them--keeping them in line. When Minato convinced Kushina that sealing Kurama inside of Naruto was a situation that required more than his spouse's decision. Kushina did stated that Minato had won his first argument.

This is one of those situation that a man must take action when necessary. It's unavoidable in a Rel. It has to eventually happen. I'm sure if Shikaku and Yoshino were in Minato and Kushina's shoes. Shikaku would convince Yoshino the exact same thing. And it's up to the wife to accept and Kusina had shown her capabilities that her marriage is not one sided opinion, and Sakura has shown to accept Naruto's opinion over the course of the manga. Sakura and Kushina's Rel with Naruto and Minato is not one-sided versus Yoshino being a very rude wife and mother.

It's very different to say that a woman has a man whipped than to say she has him kept in line. As far as I know when someone uses the term being whipped it implies she has complete control over her man. I don't think Sakura or Kushina want to be superior to their men.

Just like you said the girls in Naruto don't want to dominate every aspect of their men but just to stop them from doing anything ridiculous because they deeply care for them. Naruto, Minato, etc. don't mind their women getting in their faces because they know it's in their best interest.

I guess the only thing I disagree with you on is the definition of the term whipped. I view that as a different type of relationship than what you describe about the strong willed girls in Naruto.

Edited by redragon88, 06 April 2012 - 03:05 AM.

#23 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:40 PM

QUOTE (redragon88 @ Apr 5 2012, 05:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's very different to say that a woman has a man whipped than to say she has him kept in line. As far as I know when someone uses the term being whipped it implies she has complete control over her man. I don't think Sakura or Kushina want to be superior to their men.

Just like you said the girls in Naruto don't want to dominate every aspect of their men but just to stop them from doing anything ridiculous because they deeply care for them. Naruto, Minato, etc. don't mind their women getting in their faces because they know it's in their best interest.

I guess the only thing I disagree with you on is the definition of the term whipped. I view that as a different type of relationship than what you describe about the strong willed girls in Naruto.

I guests everyone looks at whipping as a negativity. My opinion, keeping a man in line is pretty much the same as whipping. Thye got to have complete control over their men if they stepped out of line rather they want to be the superior one or not. It doesn't make any difference. But if you're Yoshino. That is another story lol.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#24 Dragunov

Dragunov

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts
  • Interests:lol git

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:20 PM

Naruto was never whipped, so I wonder if he's looking forward to living with Sakura fu.png

#25 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:40 PM

QUOTE (Dragunov @ Apr 6 2012, 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Naruto was never whipped, so I wonder if he's looking forward to living with Sakura fu.png

Yes, yes he is.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#26 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:45 PM

Scary mothers? Well lets see...Sakura obviously(I bet you anything Naruto's fear of Sakura's temper will rub off on their kids. tongue.gif ), Temari since she seems the naturally
aggressive type, and maybe Ino since she is also easily irritated to an extent. Karin isn't cut out to be a mother period and who knows how Tenten would be.
Maybe Karui but Hinata scary????/ huh.gif . Not on your life. If try to picture Hinata raising her voice against her children and being like Sakura, I laugh.gif at the sheer out of character
and ridiculousness of the idea. Hinata would always be that sweet and gentle understanding character that she is. She doesn't have a scary bone in her body.

I also think that if Tsunade had ever became a mother, she would classify as "really scary."

Edited by xxRomanceGirlxx, 06 April 2012 - 11:46 PM.

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#27 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:46 AM

Good examples:

Sakura as a scary mother --Click here to view--

Sakura as a good mother --Click here to view--

tongue.gif

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#28 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:58 AM

QUOTE (Toasty Warrior @ Apr 6 2012, 08:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good examples:

tongue.gif

111189.gif at the first one. wub.gif at the second one. It's so true too laugh.gif

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#29 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:13 AM

QUOTE (Toasty Warrior @ Apr 7 2012, 01:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good examples:

tongue.gif

I loved the second picture.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#30 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:14 AM

QUOTE (Dragunov @ Apr 6 2012, 10:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guess again dry.gif

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#31 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:40 AM

Ditto 111191.gif

#32 Kageteiou

Kageteiou

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:16 PM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Apr 5 2012, 11:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sakura, Ino, Temari, And we're missing one important one(and by that I mean an obvious example) Karui pictureem0.gif

Yeah you're right Karui is a pretty obvious one

QUOTE (Toasty Warrior @ Apr 7 2012, 01:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good examples:

tongue.gif

Ive seen the first one before wasnt the daughter offering to cook instead insinuating that sakura can not cook thus prompting Sakura's response. The other picture is just adorable.m

#33 Dragunov

Dragunov

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts
  • Interests:lol git

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:00 PM

Hmm, I think that Sasuke might be a scary mother too. fu.png

#34 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:34 AM

No he'd be more of the couldn't care less type of parent

#35 The Tax-Man

The Tax-Man

Sapien Chronologia

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:45 AM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Apr 11 2012, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No he'd be more of the couldn't care less type of parent

Idk... He has been quite the raving lunatic lately, but I think he still has that sane and nice part in him. If he's not crazy or looking for revenge (which he has been for 10 years), he could actually be a pretty good guy.

naruto.gif

1. "This is worthless NONSENSE."
2. "This is an interesting, but perverse, point of view..."
3. "True, but quite unimportant."
4. "I ALWAYS SAID SO!"

#36 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:42 AM

QUOTE (The Tax-Man @ Apr 11 2012, 11:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Idk... He has been quite the raving lunatic lately, but I think he still has that sane and nice part in him. If he's not crazy or looking for revenge (which he has been for 10 years), he could actually be a pretty good guy.

A Sasuke that is not consumed by the dark side would actually make a good parent. He'd be the strict type that demands the best from his kid but that would tear a new one to whoever dared lay a finger on his child.

I've always secretly hoped for both Naruto and Sasuke to survive in the end and later on wind up having kids that fall in love with each other. Naruto's would be the boy and Sasuke's would be the girl (but that's just because I want to see a female sharingan user). I can already see Sasuke being the overprotective dad that would tell Naruto's son to become a better ninja if he wants the right to date his daughter.

Edited by redragon88, 12 April 2012 - 04:47 AM.

#37 Kageteiou

Kageteiou

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:09 AM

umm how exactly did we start debating if Sasuke would be a scary/good mother. I think his name was mentioned jokingly earlier. I don't know if I can even form an opinion about that.

Edited by Kageteiou, 12 April 2012 - 05:13 AM.

#38 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:33 AM

QUOTE (Kageteiou @ Apr 12 2012, 01:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
umm how exactly did we start debating if Sasuke would be a scary/good mother. I think his name was mentioned jokingly earlier. I don't know if I can even form an opinion about that.

Sasuke's secretly a girl, didn't you know? (there's a rather amusing fanfic about this that ends with a mildly Narusaku moment where Sakura threatens Sasuke about how she wouldn't lose in the battle for Naruto's heart or something like that. I can never remember its name, though....)

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#39 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:13 PM

Sakura, Ino and Temari would defintely fit into caring but scary if you misbehave categary. Hinata could fall in caring categary, though unsure if she'd ever fall into scary, I see her someone who could very easily be emotional bribed, big puppy dog eyes and she'd probably spend the Hyuuga fortune on Ramen for her kids...though they always say it's the quite ones you need to watch out for so she might be a complete phycho.

Shame Tsunade never gave Jiraiya a chance, that was a marraige made for Manga heaven, a perverted not always smart husband, and caring and scary wife, it would be comic heaven.

As for Sasuke? Depends how much he mellows down, he's shown he's not above discarding those of no use to him, so he could be worst than his own father was, but if he mellows down who knows he might be completely whipped by his kids.

iAnby7W.gif

#40 Kageteiou

Kageteiou

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:50 PM

It seems like every female ninja with the exceptions of Hinata and possibly Shizune (though I still see her taking less crap than Hinata) woukd fall into the caring but scary mother category if they were to ever become one. Tenten is kind of a mystery to, seeing as her personality is not gone into much detail. Although it could be possible that being a mother in the naruto universe goes hand in hand with beinf a little scary.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users