19441 replies to this topic

#11441 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 07:37 PM

Of coarse now that I think about it... it doesn't ruin the characters, but it does sorta squeeze it's way into the ending chapter of DBZ seeing as it ended with Goku taking Uub off to train

But it doesn't really ruin anything that's already established. Not to mention, the end isn't all that connected to the movie as in making you question like how Goku got Super Saiyan God in the manga, we'll watch the movie because now it's super canon. It's canon now that it established something brand new. There was nothing new in the movie outside of God, which you can always say:

1) Goku don't need to transform against Uub
2) Goku loses that transformation, so you don't need to see the movie to understand the end.
3) Other:

Here...I got to see the kittening movie to get an idea! Otherwise, the ending made no total sense. With the movie, the ending made no sense. That's my gripe. On one hand, at least I don't need to see Naruto being assassinated in the manga, at least how it's done, but I still got to see Sakura, the one that begged to change before establishing the haters right. News flash: YOU WANT TO PROVE HATERS WRONG!!!!!!

God dammit.

Edited by NaruSaku4Life3g, 12 November 2014 - 07:38 PM.

#11442 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 12 November 2014 - 07:50 PM

I agree with the DBZ analysis 4Life, so I didn't feel like quoting it

Here...I got to see the kittening movie to get an idea! Otherwise, the ending made no total sense. With the movie, the ending made no sense. That's my gripe. On one hand, at least I don't need to see Naruto being assassinated in the manga, at least how it's done, but I still got to see Sakura, the one that begged to change before establishing the haters right. News flash: YOU WANT TO PROVE HATERS WRONG!!!!!!

God dammit.

And even then... you already know how the ending happened. It's because of an absolute @sspull. You don't need to see this movie because you know it forces Naruto to shift his views, which you basically get from the ending that he already did. And unless you really wanna see the battle with Kaguya pt.2 only even less epic then it was in the manga, then there's really nothing compelling to see here. I mean the main plot is obviously Naruto falling for for, er should I say the plot Hinata is forcing on Naruto to make him love her... How is that at all a good movie and how is this answering anything other then how the pairings occurred in the manga? That should be the last thing explained, I wanna know why Kakashi got the Hokage role instead of Naruto, I wanna know why Tsunade was booted as the 5th, I wanna know why the awakening was rushed, I wanna know how Sasuke learned to love love, I wanna know why... you catch my drift. None of this is gonna get explained in great detail, because again it's all about Hinata and her forcing Naruto to love her

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

#11443 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 07:54 PM

I see it as a tragic event. I'm done.

#11444 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 12 November 2014 - 08:00 PM

I see it as a tragic event. I'm done.

I'm not so much done as I am sure this movie sucks... whether the gross income will suggest that remains to be seen, but bar people posting the movie everywhere, I know I'm not gonna watch it myself. The last Naruto movie I ever intend to watch is Road to Ninja

#11445 KeikoxYusuke

KeikoxYusuke

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 08:05 PM

Is there any new info on the movie?

narusaku_opening_12_by_toastywarrior-d5i

#11446 AzureWaters

AzureWaters

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 08:09 PM

One of the things that upset me is that Kishi ended like SS doujin.

I agree. If you think about it SS got the last pairing moment in the manga. He even glossed over NH and put most of his attention to finalizing that with the forehead thing and Sasuke's apology. eugh.

#11447 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 08:09 PM

Not that I know of. All I know is the movie is the new Old Yeller: tragedy waiting to happen. Oh and minus all good quality.

Edited by NaruSaku4Life3g, 12 November 2014 - 08:11 PM.

#11448 neoshadow

neoshadow

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 08:18 PM

One of the things that upset me is that Kishi ended like SS doujin.

I think that may have been the point, if what myself and many others have said is true with thinking that the ending was changed at some point this year then it makes sense that it would get changed to SS it is the most popular hetero pairing in both Japan and in the west so at least some parts of the new ending were changed to reflect positively on SS that being 699.

NH seems like an afterthought because I think it was an afterthought if Naruto wasn't going to get Sakura then that really only leaves Hinata so in the interest of not having Naruto being alone it got pasted into the epilogue and any development they needed was pushed to the movie as a way to explain it.

Edited by neoshadow, 12 November 2014 - 08:21 PM.

#11449 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 08:19 PM

A nightmare.

Trust me it is, they forget about Naruto's feelings like Kishi.

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#11450 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 12 November 2014 - 08:37 PM

If Slextrem's source is legit... apparently Sakura is engaged or already married in this movie

#11451 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 12 November 2014 - 08:57 PM

If Slextrem's source is legit... apparently Sakura is engaged or already married in this movie

I refuse to believe that. I refuse to believe that they would have Naruto be spit on even more than he already has been. The simple thought of that is disgusting, repulsive, and pretty much everything else you can say, especially because because Naruto has to sit back and watched his heart get shattered even more.

Edited by AHK, 12 November 2014 - 09:13 PM.

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#11452 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 09:06 PM

I refuse to believe that. I refuse to believe that they would have Naruto be spit on even more than he already has been. The sime thought of that is disgusting, repulsive, and pretty much everything else you can say, especially because because Naruto has to sit back and watched his heart get shattered even more.

They will retcon naruto feelings for sakura, while it was the strongest selfless love in the series they're gonna make it look like its only a faint love...

Movie is gonna be so ridiculous i cant accept it as canon, its only a way to make NH look less like an asspull

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#11453 Exact

Exact

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Interests:My fiance <3, Good food, romance, education, math & science, WWll, BF3, war movies, Tom Hanks, Morgan Freeman, narusaku.

Posted 12 November 2014 - 09:14 PM

I'm still sad about it all. 

I accept NH and SS, but we all know NS would have been better.

I'll watch the movie, and I hope the movie is at least full of appropriate development between NH/SS. If they can't even do that then I'm officially out. 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
tumblr_n6ghsnynMH1s2je29o1_400.gif 
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

#11454 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 09:15 PM

I'm still sad about it all. 

I accept NH and SS, but we all know NS would have been better.

I'll watch the movie, and I hope the movie is at least full of appropriate development between NH/SS. If they can't even do that then I'm officially out. 

Don't think they can at all. Realistically speaking, it never going to work at all.

#11455 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 12 November 2014 - 09:20 PM

They will retcon naruto feelings for sakura, while it was the strongest selfless love in the series they're gonna make it look like its only a faint love...
Movie is gonna be so ridiculous i cant accept it as canon, its only a way to make NH look less like an asspull

Or even worse, they're going to have Sakura tell him that everything he feels means nothing, and that he's only a friend, and then they're going to have Naruto once again never express how he feels and bottle them all up.

I refuse to accept anything past 698 as canon. The ending and the movie are nothing but ways to give fans the middle finger to express that money is a greater motivation than good story telling and good ideals.

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#11456 NS4Life

NS4Life

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 09:23 PM

I know, right? It feels so weird, since I liked Sakura as she is since she reminds me a lot of Chi Chi from Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z since yes, she's got traits of a tsundere character, but she loves someone close to her, and I see that as Naruto, not Sasuke, like how Chi Chi loves Goku, even for all his flaws, which is why I think that it works better that way, plus all that development.

Agree. Chi chi keeps goku in line.

You knew chi chi and goku would hook after they first met.

#11457 Catwho

Catwho

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 09:23 PM

Sakura is engaged or already married to who though?  Did the sources ever explicitly say Sasuke, or is that just being inferred from 700?

Edited by Catwho, 12 November 2014 - 09:23 PM.

Read my stuff! Some of the stories are even finished! Catwho on Fanfiction.net
I also now have a Tumblr like thing:  http://tprara.tumblr.com/

#11458 lupina

lupina

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 09:27 PM

Sakura is engaged or already married to who though?  Did the sources ever explicitly say Sasuke, or is that just being inferred from 700?

Salad calls Sakura mom and is refering to Sasuke as her daddy.

So ... 

"We live in a world that is so quick to convince us to ignore our feelings. Feeling stressed? Get a massage. Feeling angry? Go to the bar with your friends and blow off steam. Feeling lonely? Meet someone in cyberspace and have a conversation on the computer. Depressed? Take a pill. Anxiety? Take 2 pills. Feeling happy? Well, by George, don’t talk about that because no one likes a bragger. Same with being sad, no one likes a Debbie Downer. But, heaven FORBID, that you actually TALK about your feelings and process them in a healthy way."

- Amy Cassidy

#11459 NS4Life

NS4Life

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 09:43 PM

Just making the movie two years later is an excuse all the naruto and sakura resolutions.

Naruto should've said he completed his promise in front of sakura and sasuke. Sasuke would've asked what he meant.

How about this, sasuke is a CBer. He knows how much sakura means to naruto and he still went after her. Best friends don't do that.

Naruto risked everything for sakura and sasuke, sasuke punked him. Sasuke should've refused sakura until naruto and sakura worked things out. If it didn't work out for NS then he could've approached her. That is not a friend.

Another thing. Sasuke wondering. Is he the next sage of six paths? I would be so PO if he is.

Everyone would've got the girl except naruto.

#11460 Catwho

Catwho

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 09:52 PM

Salad calls Sakura mom and is referring to Sasuke as her daddy.

So ... 

So it IS just an inference from chapter 700.  A logical one, of course, but that's only if you accept 700 on the surface level.  (Which I no longer do.  Seems a lot of thought went into some details...)

Read my stuff! Some of the stories are even finished! Catwho on Fanfiction.net
I also now have a Tumblr like thing:  http://tprara.tumblr.com/

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users