• This topic is locked This topic is locked
357 replies to this topic

#41 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:04 PM

Oh, I can't wait to hear the explanation for this.

It's hard to comment on this chapter without hearing the why and how from Obito, but there are a lot of holes to plug here. I don't like how Tobi when from Naruto's problem with support to Kakashi's problem with Naruto as support.

And, while the parallel's were know well before now....is every Team Seven like a carbon copy of everything other, right down the character archetypes?

tricksie, I hope it's not all Rin's fault. If Obito's motivation is rooted in her failure to acknowledge him (to the degree he wanted), then I think I might throw up. It seems more likely that this is a contributing factor or an original motivator because he sounds like he's blaming Kakashi for everything,

#42 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:05 PM

So as everyone has already pointed out, something's not right.

Simply put, the mask may be off, but there is still another one firmly in place. We still have no idea who Tobi really is.

It looks like Obito's body, and part of it probably is. But we also know for certain that part of it is not. We've seen the arm regrow itself, with some aid from the zetsu.

I think the chances are he found the body and reanimated. This would account for the growth of a kid who was supposed to be dead into an adult.

I think it's too simplistic to base all his world-domination ambitions on jealousy and thwarted love. Especially when he and Kakashi made their peace at the end of the Kakashi Gaiden arc. Obito gave him his eye. There was resolution in his story. It doesn't make sense for him to go off and be mad about it later.

I think the whole thing could be a genjutsu though, based on shared memories from the body of Obito. Thinking tactically, disabling Kakashi would be high on the priority list. And if they are evenly paired, with the same eyes, the using a tactic like Pain's — using emotional pain to wound far deeper than physical — could tip the odd's in Tobi's favor.

edit: also, I really enjoyed the story told sans words. It may not look it, but that is actually harder to do than writing a script. Takes a lot more planning and work. But the effect is a nice build up as well. The visual story is uncluttered. You have silence until the very end, when you are forcibly brought back to the present when sound returns. So, nicely done.

edit edit: @Nate, yeah I feel the same. I'm not crazy about derailing the story away from Naruto for yet another character arc. Even if it is one we've been looking forward to. I have to wonder if it will contribute to the overall story, or wind up like Kabuto's arc and be fairly self-contained. They resolve the big issue, then die.

Also, this may turn into another Yahiko-Konan-Nagato storyline with a lot of heartache involved. Which to me will only shine more of a spotlight on the fact that Naruto escapes these gut-wrenching situations that have shaped these people into who they are. Experiencing loss, death and destruction on a scale Naruto has not yet experienced.

Lastly, I hope Tobi stays bad. I really don't way to feel sympathy for him. Somebody's got to be a villain here!

#43 naruto-z

naruto-z

The Dream Is Real

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:28 PM

Agreed with the stay bad part Tricksie. But it's very likely that Kishimoto is going to write the story so that Kakashi and Obito somehow resolve it, which leaves Sasuke once again as the last person to resolve his personal differences. He'd be the final Uchiha then, unless Kishimoto pulls another out of his arse.

And, does anyone else feel like there's a bigger connection between Obito and Black Zetsu? I don't remember, as Tricksie said, of Obito regrowing his arm from Zetsu's help, but they clearly have a close relationship. Could Zetsu have saved him from those boulders since Zetsu seemingly travels in the ground everywhere.

#44 GlucoseGlutton

GlucoseGlutton

Professional Trash

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Interests:SakuHina tbh

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:34 PM

QUOTE (naruto-z @ Aug 29 2012, 09:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Agreed with the stay bad part Tricksie. But it's very likely that Kishimoto is going to write the story so that Kakashi and Obito somehow resolve it, which leaves Sasuke once again as the last person to resolve his personal differences. He'd be the final Uchiha then, unless Kishimoto pulls another out of his arse.

And, does anyone else feel like there's a bigger connection between Obito and Black Zetsu? I don't remember, as Tricksie said, of Obito regrowing his arm from Zetsu's help, but they clearly have a close relationship. Could Zetsu have saved him from those boulders since Zetsu seemingly travels in the ground everywhere.

I kind of think that too but I feel like both Zetsus have something big to do with this whole Tobi/Obito thing. Idk... This is all too confusing turned.gif

Edited by Bubbleyum, 29 August 2012 - 02:35 PM.

tumblr_mvi3cfp7Sy1rb7h2eo3_500.jpg

#45 naruto-z

naruto-z

The Dream Is Real

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:37 PM

QUOTE (Bubbleyum @ Aug 29 2012, 03:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I kind of think that too but I feel like both Zetsus have something big to do with this whole Tobi/Obito thing. Idk... This is all too confusing turned.gif

The stupid anime is messing with my mind. In the anime it shows black zetsus making white zetsus. And YES, I know never to intermix anime and cannon. But still.....ehh. It does bring up the thought that perhaps there is only one zetsu.

#46 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:39 PM

QUOTE (LadyGT @ Aug 29 2012, 02:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you guys think he tried to look for Rin after he "somehow" got out of the cave? I really want to see what happened to her, their relationship looks really important in this chapter, it must be a key to his hatred. But anyway I still think Obito is possessed by someone else, sorta like Menma from the movie.

I mean it's Obito's body but with someone else soul in it.

If Obito truly is possessed, do you guys think it's possible to save him somehow? headscratch.gif but he was in the afterlife. His soul must be there. ..but I thought that if you stole someone's body, you would remain the same appereance forever. mindkitten.

Edited by sushi., 29 August 2012 - 02:40 PM.

ナルサク

#47 Hak

Hak

Turmion kätilö

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:43 PM

So many bad things that happened in the past has had Danzo written all over it. So maybe the rest (which almost all is around TObito) will have that stamp too. For me that seems waay too easy cource for an explanation, but even Kabuto and Oro have history with the Root.
Trust me, I'm an engineer!

#48 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:43 PM

Now I think about it, it makes sense for Obito's ability to fight currently. I believe he was gifted to have a dimension warp technique, so you can say best defense so far. Offense is not impressive or rather, not sure he can do much. Ever noticed all his fights consist physical, no jutsu? Even against Minato. So, much like others with their Susano, Obito has that dimension warp and takes a full advantage to prevent damage. Makes sense.

#49 naruto-z

naruto-z

The Dream Is Real

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:46 PM

WHOAH I JUST THOUGHT OF A CRAZY THEORY.

So Obito has a powerful space/TIME jutsu. What if the man that fought Minato was a time traveled Obito.

Just throwing out a crazy theory

#50 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:47 PM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Aug 29 2012, 07:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So as everyone has already pointed out, something's not right.

Simply put, the mask may be off, but there is still another one firmly in place. We still have no idea who Tobi really is.

It looks like Obito's body, and part of it probably is. But we also know for certain that part of it is not. We've seen the arm regrow itself, with some aid from the zetsu.

I think the chances are he found the body and reanimated. This would account for the growth of a kid who was supposed to be dead into an adult.

I think it's too simplistic to base all his world-domination ambitions on jealousy and thwarted love. Especially when he and Kakashi made their peace at the end of the Kakashi Gaiden arc. Obito gave him his eye. There was resolution in his story. It doesn't make sense for him to go off and be mad about it later.

I think the whole thing could be a genjutsu though, based on shared memories from the body of Obito. Thinking tactically, disabling Kakashi would be high on the priority list. And if they are evenly paired, with the same eyes, the using a tactic like Pain's — using emotional pain to wound far deeper than physical — could tip the odd's in Tobi's favor.

edit: also, I really enjoyed the story told sans words. It may not look it, but that is actually harder to do than writing a script. Takes a lot more planning and work. But the effect is a nice build up as well. The visual story is uncluttered. You have silence until the very end, when you are forcibly brought back to the present when sound returns. So, nicely done.

edit edit: @Nate, yeah I feel the same. I'm not crazy about derailing the story away from Naruto for yet another character arc. Even if it is one we've been looking forward to. I have to wonder if it will contribute to the overall story, or wind up like Kabuto's arc and be fairly self-contained. They resolve the big issue, then die.

Also, this may turn into another Yahiko-Konan-Nagato storyline with a lot of heartache involved. Which to me will only shine more of a spotlight on the fact that Naruto escapes these gut-wrenching situations that have shaped these people into who they are. Experiencing loss, death and destruction on a scale Naruto has not yet experienced.

Lastly, I hope Tobi stays bad. I really don't way to feel sympathy for him. Somebody's got to be a villain here!

tricksie, I'd like to add that Obito was missing his left Sharingan too, the one that he gave away. So you'd have to ask why he had one when fighting Konan,also how hes Sharingan has grown enough to Tame Kurama, and MOST importantly, how Kurama would know him as he is an ordinary Uchiha that never even interacted with Kurama in the slightest. And on a minor note I'd like to see him use some of his Fire releases now that his Identity is revealed

Edited by Phantom_999, 29 August 2012 - 09:18 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#51 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:50 PM

I don't know if it's gonna make a difference discuss all of that, I mean, we will bang our heads for days, and yet we will not come to an conclusion, I will just wait till the next chapter to explain everything, but still, I understand, it's the magic of speculation over us, right?

Personally, I also like these mute flashbacks better, they feel more meaningful then spoken ones. And it isn't too hard to guess what they are saying right? Like that scene with Rin healing Obito:

Rin: Geez Obito, why do you aways push yourself so hard?
Obito: Well, that's because I'm a Uchiha!
Rin: Huh?
Obito: I need to be worth of wearing this crest in my back, so I need to be strong to prove myself to my clan.
Who knows? Maybe one day I will be so strong that I'll get my face marked in that mountain!
Rin: Yeah, I'm sure you can do it!
Obito: You bet!

Oh... now I'm all sad...

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#52 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:51 PM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Aug 29 2012, 10:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't see anyone spoiler tagging here. headscratch.gif Well anyways tricksie, I'd like to add that Obito was missing his left Sharingan too, the one that he gave away. So you'd have to ask why he had one when fighting Konan,also how hes Sharingan has grown enough to Tame Kurama, and MOST importantly, how Kurama would know him as he is an ordinary Uchiha that never even interacted with Kurama in the slightest. And on a minor note I'd like to see him use some of his Fire releases now that his Identity is revealed

Good point.

I think I can answer the other Sharingan. Remember he has a lab full of eyes? I believe he borrows one everytime he fights. If you ask me, his fighting style all relies on his defense or rather, evasion. It's like an RPG. Low attack points, huge evasion.

#53 dokueki(venom)

dokueki(venom)

Winnie_Kay

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:03 PM

Yeah Tobi is Obito! I knew it! However I don't think he is the same masked man from the Nine Tail attack. I guess well find out next week. I do have my own theroies like everyone else but I'll wait to see what happens.

#54 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:14 PM

There's a lot of holes to cover. If you were to say the Tobi who fought Minato isn't Obito, then you're wrong because that Tobi used Kamui. So basically he took one year to train and be able to go on par with the feared yellow flash. Also learned how to control the strongest tailed beast in the ninja world in that short span of time. Also I believe Nagato received the Rinnegan way before Obito got half of his face crushed. So who gave him the Rinnegan? It all points to a third party. Could be Orochimaru since its seems that he knows a lot of stuff and now he's back in the game.

But my ultimate guess is, Obito is an Edo Tensei.

Edited by Darth Krypt, 29 August 2012 - 03:15 PM.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#55 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:14 PM

Obito is Tobi? Honestly that sounds like the ultimate troll of all trolls. I can't believe it was the most obvious person, and least plausable. The one Uchiha with the true will of fire, turns out to be it's biggest enemy. Ironic, yes, cliche, yes, lame, yes (but will keep a little bit of hope that things will be redeemed)

The timeline doesn't add up for one thing, Minato was said to be made a Hokage for his exploits of the third Ninja war, in the flashback nobody ever called him Hokage-Sama, even the other Jonin's, didn't call him that when he arrived on the battlefield. Genma said he one of the Hokage's personal gaurds, yet judging from the flashback, he was probably still a Chuunin or maybe Jonin at the time. Kakashi was said to have graduated at the age of six and become a Chuunnin a year later, (According to NaruWikia, I can't remember when it was originally revealed) yet this showed him become a Chuunin when he was 12 or 13 years old only 6/12 months before Obito got promoted.

This also means that, the man who killed Naruto's mother, is responsible for his fathers death, responsible for all the hate aimed at him when he was a child, killed numerate others, is going to end up dying through redemption most likely, because Obito basically just ended up as Sasuke, and if Naruto can not free him of his hatred then it means he can't free Sasuke either.

So the person who carried the will of fire ended up as the one who wanted to diminish it....Now Kishi has to now has a task on his hand of convincing us, how, a dobe like Obito can fight Minato on even footing, how someone who believed Kakashi's father was a hero for not abandoning his comrades would try to kill all of the said comrades, and it better not be because the girl he liked died...because that is pure bull***t....Next week we'll probably find out Kakashi got married to Rin, and has three children that we don't know about, that's what drove Obito to go bonkers, *note sarcasm*

This chapter made it obvious that Rin has something to do with Obito becoming the villain (and I bet the Anime studio are all banging their heads against a wall, for choosing an old man to play the role of someone in their late 20's.) she was pretty much the central point of the entire chapter, she liked Kakashi and Obito liked her, almost parallel of Team Seven, Rin even looks allot like Sakura. (Also was it coincidence, Obito's failed confession was during the Sakura Season?).

I liked how the chapter was shown, through pictures alone and no words, and also ironic how Obito actually was truthful about his reasons for being late. Now Kishi time to prove to the world he are not trolling us, and this was out properly, which must be the case considering how blatently obvious it was Obito from the time Tobi's powers were shown, soo blatent that I for one could thought it was a red herring and it was someone else. One of my favourite charactors ruined, I feel like crying.

iAnby7W.gif

#56 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:19 PM

Okay, part 1 of my theory is correct.

Now to see if it is part 2. I bet it is Obito's body with Madara's soul or at least a partial soul.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#57 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:22 PM

Wow, NF crashed.

I wonder it will happen again with when NH is confirmed dead or when NS becomes canon? Something tells me it will happen again. Oh man. unsure.gif

#58 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:25 PM

QUOTE (NaruSaku4Life3g @ Aug 29 2012, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, NF crashed.

I wonder it will happen again with when NH is confirmed dead or when NS becomes canon? Something tells me it will happen again. Oh man. unsure.gif

Wait, you mean the site itself crashed, or the fandom crashed?

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#59 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:28 PM

QUOTE (alexander @ Aug 29 2012, 11:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wait, you mean the site itself crashed, or the fandom crashed?

The site is crashed. All because of this. Now imagine what I said earlier. It's going to happen again. Oh boy. I think we should start building our shield when the time comes.

#60 Chew

Chew

^ NaLu meine lub #ever1curr

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Interests:omgawrsh y u do dis, Y U READING

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:33 PM

To be completely honest I'm pretty neutral about finding out Tobi's identity, but what got me really excited is...

do we FINALLY get to find out what happened to Rin?! All these years I've wondered and it's just...ugu~ T__T

On another note, I suppose it was sort of (not rly LOL) obvious? and although I'd like the villain to be someone completely new so I'd have no sympathy, I'm pretty used to this type of Kishi-sensei plot reveal.
OTP and my Bby

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users