1255 replies to this topic

#821 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 06:37 PM

....So what we were guessing by mitsuki appearance months ago was correct.

#822 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 07:51 PM

https://41.media.tum...ltr42o2_500.jpg

https://41.media.tum...ltr42o1_540.jpg

So Uh Toneri is the other parent

Not going to lie, the design looks awesome.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#823 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 07:56 PM

Not going to lie, the design looks awesome.

Great, because you're not seeing that again and I do mean that.

#824 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 08:06 PM

Great, because you're not seeing that again and I do mean that.

Touche.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#825 yimiiyumi

yimiiyumi

Julia

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 08:31 PM

So my secret theory is this: Even though the Naruto Sakura tension is supposedly over because both have been shipped off, that we are actually going to still see some subtle NS, hidden or implied or just by outright association. Either Sakura is going to continually be around Naruto in the series (through convenient plot devices) or there will be some suspenseful issue that will require her to come into the scenario.

I don't think we've seen the end of Sakura...although we might have seen the end of Hinata.

Hinata's fans only wanted to see her married. That's it. They didn't care about anything else. Not Naruto, not Hinata's development. Nothing. So why would they continue to build her up in the plot? Her fans got what they wanted, so it's no longer a draw.

But Sakura's fans and NS-ers were unfulfilled. And any Sakura/NS fan is going to tune in to see Naruto and Sakura together, even if it's just surface-level platonic. (That Sarada one-shot had crazy NS overtones!) So I think they are going to continue to insert Sakura into the story — even though she was supposedly the 'most hated' — because they know that tension was what drove readers to the story. Not the boring happy ending. 

And I'm betting that they don't expand Sakura's family with another sibling or give her anything close to requited love with Sasuke. Ever. Because if they do, it will take away from any implied NS or hero-worship of Naruto.

So my 'secret' theory is that even though on the surface Sakura was supposedly hated by fans and given the worst ending in the manga, that they still really need her for the plot. And they know it. That stories involving her and Team 7, even if it's just in the background, will still have more appeal than inserting Hinata. Which is why we're not seeing so much NH family time or sappy NH romance (thank god). I'm betting if things get slow, sales slump, the first thing they'll turn to is a return of Team 7, and most importantly Sakura, to the picture. Not NH.

I don't know, I could be wrong.... I've been really wrong about a lot of things in this franchise so far!! haha! But I'm betting we haven't seen the last of Sakura.

I sent you a DM but I think my internet is soo lazy

Can you explain a bit better if it's not asking too much ? I mean do you believe we will see narusaku in a romantic way again in the series ? do you thin think can imply sakura is having some kinda of affair with naruto ? or even sakura being boruto's mom ? or just sakura as an adult still having romantic feelings to naruto ? if so do you think sakura's feelings to sasuke will be more like friendship ?

What do you mean exactally by we still don't seeing sakura's end ? 

Edited by yimiiyumi, 21 April 2016 - 08:33 PM.

#826 yimiiyumi

yimiiyumi

Julia

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 08:41 PM

I remember some people saying this but I thought it was more like a joke but now I'm really starting to think mitsuki maybe can be related to toneri ? Maybe they will try to put toneri in the story to make The Last looks more like canon ? 
And I did a post some months ago saying about the plot of the new manga and looks like I was right about mitsuki being a "spy" send by oro to the village with some evil objective but will end up falling to the love of his team-mates, so predictable
But I can't understand why is oro wanting boruto ? I mean I was expecting to oro want sarada since she is the last uchiha and kitten

#827 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 08:48 PM

For the record, he's not. I mean you can try to argue due to very, very vague materials, thanks writing, but he's not.

But hey, more romance.

Edited by TouKen4Life3g, 21 April 2016 - 08:48 PM.

#828 yimiiyumi

yimiiyumi

Julia

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 08:56 PM

But hey, more romance.

Why do I have the feeling we will have again a romantic triangle with the kids ? probably mitsuki>sarada>boruto>?

#829 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 09:39 PM

So apparently Mitsuki is the last out of Six clones.  Wonder if we will see the other four?

I remember some people saying this but I thought it was more like a joke but now I'm really starting to think mitsuki maybe can be related to toneri ? Maybe they will try to put toneri in the story to make The Last looks more like canon ? 
And I did a post some months ago saying about the plot of the new manga and looks like I was right about mitsuki being a "spy" send by oro to the village with some evil objective but will end up falling to the love of his team-mates, so predictable
But I can't understand why is oro wanting boruto ? I mean I was expecting to oro want sarada since she is the last uchiha and kitten

I think the only reason Orochimaru wants Boruto is due to his bloodline and potential.  An Uzumaki/Hyuga hybrid would be a great host body.  Plus he really doesn't need Sarada or any other Uchiha for that matter.  He may have a giant stash of Sharingans stashed somewhere in his lab(how else did all those Shin clones get the Sharingan)

#830 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts
  • Interests:I have lots of hobbies..

Posted 21 April 2016 - 09:40 PM

Wait, so does that mean Orochimaru got it on with Toneri?

My god this series has gone to the dogs. They're not even realistic anymore. It's like 700 all over again. Pair everybody with someone else and f the context. When did they even get a chance to get together, I thought Toneri was on the moon or something??? :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

He Who is Brave is Free-Seneca

^I have a lightsaber your argument is invalid^

"You may be called upon yet again to defend the glory of the Republic against the tyranny of the Dark Side. For this, is the destiny, of the Jedi..."

#831 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 10:04 PM

My Thoughts on Naruto Side-Story Mitsuki One-Shot Chapter:

I can't say it helped to get all that excited for the new generation or anything to look forward. It is what it is and I feel like it may end up being an unintentional sabotage to the next generation series thats not done by Kishimoto.

The story is all focused on Mitsuki and somehow lost his memory, now to get it back from "Log", a ninja that has a Samurai build that can steal memories. It strangely have a odd pacing and I can say this because its a one-shot, meaning one story. By the time it got to the Log it was eating up pages rather quickly and feel like we gain so little from it. And it's not as rewarding since the art, while good, is just art, more so than a meaningful description or at least something to be impressed like One Punch Man.

In a debatable way, to me, I just can't shake the idea that Orochimaru is a good guy. This isn't about him being a good guy, but its about him being a good guy in a timeline. So when I say debatable, I mean by if you can take it in that Orochimaru is being a parent. So if you go by not accepting it because of timeline, being a villain that killed for his need and such, then this chapter is going to make you shake your head a lot. Otherwise, it was rather shaky. In the movie/novel, it was stated that Mitsuki sees Orochimaru as a great parent. So why did this chapter end on a confusing note that has him saying "Screw you all!?"

The controversial is the fact Mitsuki is in fact created and that begs the question, why? Why I have to ask why? Because heres the thing. He created a being as a good guy, shouldnt Yamato call him out for something to Hokage? Also, how is this acceptable? Thats playing God, shouldnt we be like "Oh kitten! This guy is doing something taboo! Stop him!" but its all "Yeah, thats cool." So whats going on?

The confirmation of Kishimotos fetish being over the top overtone (redundant but so what) bromance is present here. One would argue that it wasn't Kishi's fault. Now, it's clear. Like Mashima with fan service, Kishi has a thing for not yaoi manga. I'm not against it but the overtone nature is discouraging because in his work, it often comes out forced and destructive. Of course, fans may eat it up but this one was really forced. Boruto, out of all people, is what grasp Mitsuki. Why Boruto? What did he do at that time? Why do we even need that moment? You mean to tell me you can't have the second main character being not Sasuke? This one was really forced and that did bother me. It's most likely a way to give fan girls something to drool over, which is easy since Naruto is like that.

So in the end, it is what it is. Mitsuki is ok, sage power and all that, even though its up to the writer to utilize it well, but if obsess like the predecessor, hes doomed, though Kishimoto isnt writing the sequel, so who knows. I think the main problem is that many of these characters story are dealt with already and many of them are associated with parent dilemma. But what about themselves? The answer: what about them. I know the characters can be done within the storytelling as in progressing their character as the story goes on, but many of them seem redundant of their predecessors, only without real conflict.

This is challenging for the next series, so I dont know if I can count on the guys behind the next work. I guess the first chapter is all I can give and the art is going to be hard to ache but perhaps the story is written better.

Edited by TouKen4Life3g, 22 April 2016 - 12:40 AM.

#832 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 10:16 PM

hinata__orochimaru_host__by_gaarasbabe.p + Otsutsuki.Toneri.full.1875069.jpg

297479.jpg

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

"You may be called upon yet again to defend the glory of the Republic against the tyranny of the Dark Side. For this, is the destiny, of the Jedi..."

#833 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 10:18 PM

So basically the oneshot brought up more questions than answers

Why did Orochimaru create Mitsuki(and by extension his clones)?
Why does Mitsuki have sage mode and possibly Byakugan?
Why does Orochimaru want Boruto?
How is he connected to Toneri?

Stay tuned for the Boruto manga to get the answers!!!

BTW, where was Jugo in all of this

#834 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 10:27 PM

Who is Jugo again? :mellow:

Some guy who forgot to develop.

#835 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 10:28 PM

So basically the oneshot brought up more questions than answers

Why did Orochimaru create Mitsuki(and by extension his clones)?
Why does Mitsuki have sage mode and possibly Byakugan?
Why does Orochimaru want Boruto?
How is he connected to Toneri?

Too easy, allow me to answer these questions:

1. Screw you give me money.

2. Screw you give me money.

3. Screw you give me money.

4. Screw you give me money.

I just can't believe Orochimaru went from this:

naruto-5647.jpg

To this: 5cca95ff7a9426f08ab6315b351d54987da2f80f

I f-ing hate NH and SS. Look at what this pairing fanservice bullcrap has done to this series. It's not about story anymore, there's no foundation for anything. Orochimaru used to be the best damn villain in the series. Now he's a stay at home mom. :wallbash:  :wallbash:  :wallbash:

#836 Popuri

Popuri

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,393 posts
  • Interests:Sequel of Final Mission Status!

Posted 21 April 2016 - 10:30 PM

Some guy who forgot to develop.

Oh, him.. 

I am sorry, who I remember was Kamui's right hand man :fu:

Even a rock has something it can be used for. There's a way for them to shine that even a jewel can't compare to - Sakamochi Tatsuma :lulz:

#837 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 21 April 2016 - 10:34 PM

My live reaction to the one shot, lets hope I survive: 

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#838 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 10:35 PM

il_340x270.855536369_5pf3.jpg

Good luck

Edited by Shadow1275, 21 April 2016 - 10:44 PM.

#839 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 11:16 PM

So apparently Mitsuki is the last out of Six clones.  Wonder if we will see the other four?

I think the only reason Orochimaru wants Boruto is due to his bloodline and potential.  An Uzumaki/Hyuga hybrid would be a great host body.  Plus he really doesn't need Sarada or any other Uchiha for that matter.  He may have a giant stash of Sharingans stashed somewhere in his lab(how else did all those Shin clones get the Sharingan)

I forget but i think orochimaru explained how shin got those eyes....i can't recall but it was bs.

Oh where is the manga?

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 21 April 2016 - 11:16 PM.

#840 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 21 April 2016 - 11:18 PM

I forget but i think orochimaru explained how shin got those eyes....i can't recall but it was bs.

Oh where is the manga?

It's on Mangastream 

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users