Close
Photo

Which (current) gaming console is the BEST?!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
46 replies to this topic

Poll: Video Game Systems (33 member(s) have cast votes)

Which (current) system is the best?

1. Nintendo Wii (4 votes [12.12%])

Percentage of vote: 12.12%

2. Nintendo Gamecube (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Nintendo DS (includes ports and remakes) (1 votes [3.03%])

Percentage of vote: 3.03%

4. Nintendo Game Boy Advance (includes ports and remakes) (0 votes [0.00%])

5. Microsoft XBox (0 votes [0.00%])

6. Microsoft XBox 360 (16 votes [48.48%])

Percentage of vote: 48.48%

7. Microsoft PC (2 votes [6.06%])

Percentage of vote: 6.06%

8. Sony Playstation 2 (4 votes [12.12%])

Percentage of vote: 12.12%

9. Sony Playstation 3 (5 votes [15.15%])

Percentage of vote: 15.15%

10. Sony Playstation Portable (1 votes [3.03%])

Percentage of vote: 3.03%

Vote

#21 Zatren6

Zatren6

y

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Hockey, Drawing (even though I suck something awful), Photography, Video Games, etc.

Posted 04 January 2009 - 09:11 PM

Meh Yoshi, I'm not really a PC gamer. I might play WoW a bit one of these days. Also, I've had my 360 for a year and a half, never had any problems (and it even fell off my dresser once, right on the hard drive. God I freaked out), it just makes a bit of noise every once in a while.

#22 Kirby

Kirby

Kirby ain't hungry right now.

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Manga, TV, Reading, Tromboning, Kirby (their vaccuum cleaners are AWESOME <3

Posted 04 January 2009 - 09:55 PM

I guess PC is OK, but I don't like it, coz it sucks if you don't have a gaming quality PC. I also like lying on my bed and playing games, I like console controllers (especially Wiimotes), and I like watching on a big screen.
. Don't Press the red button

#23 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 04 January 2009 - 10:40 PM

Not trying to be picky, but one thing I've never really agreed with is putting the PC in with console competitions. Even handheld systems don't really belong in the poll, because it's like comparing apples (consoles) with oranges (handheld) and tomatoes (PC's, it's a freakin' vegetable that's classified as a fruit).

If I had to pick something for top quality graphics, overall gaming speed, and doing things the best they can be done (when developers don't get lazy) then I'd have to go with the PC.

If I was picking based only on simplicity, and having items I'd like to play with a comfortable controller, then I'd have to go with the XBOX360. So it has the red ring of death occasionally, and a software issue here and there, but those problems are few and far between. I'm trying my best not to be a total fanboi, but Sony had quite it's share of issues with the PS3, and Nintendo showed a lot of ingenuity with the Wii. But Sony doesn't have enough PS3 exclusive titles that interest me to warrant me getting their latest, and pretty much ditto for Nintendo.

As for handheld systems, I don't own one, so I can't really say. My mother of all people (she's in her mid-50's) bought a DS and a few games for herself though, so I'm thinking of finally getting the Phoenix Wright games. happy.gif

#24 Tsunade

Tsunade

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts
  • Interests:People.

Posted 04 January 2009 - 10:53 PM

I HAVE PLAYED ON EVERY CONSOLE ON THIS LIST except the original xbox.... and so here is my review~

Xboxes never have really appealed to me game wise so I never liked them, and the games that I do like on it, I just can get past how much I dislike the remote. I'm sorry Vesperia ;_; But the attaching your Ipod and listening to music while your gaming is pretty sweet.

As for the ps3, Graphics are excellent but I'm finding that I'm using it more for watching anime and blu-ray.

LASTLY as much as I love my wii, and as cool as it is to OMG SLASH LINK'S SWORD WITH THE REMOTE! I find that it can get annoying after a while and I long for an actual controller in my hand. XDDD;;

So I'm going to go with the PS2, cause it has the most games that I like on it and the only thing that annoys me about it is that I wish it was wireless.
Tsu.gif

#25 Kirby

Kirby

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Manga, TV, Reading, Tromboning, Kirby (their vaccuum cleaners are AWESOME <3

Posted 04 January 2009 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE (Paradox Jast @ Jan 4 2009, 05:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If I had to pick something for top quality graphics, overall gaming speed, and doing things the best they can be done (when developers don't get lazy) then I'd have to go with the PC.

So you pick PC, for top-quality graphics. To have top quality graphics, you'd need a good computer(which depends on the person). PS3, probz has the best graphics (storm looks AMAZING). I also don't like the PC, coz the gaming speed slows down, with all the stuff on my computer.

QUOTE (Tsunade @ Jan 4 2009, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm going to go with the PS2, cause it has the most games that I like on it and the only thing that annoys me about it is that I wish it was wireless.

Can't you just buy a wireless controller? I'd be surprised if no one sold those.

#26 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 05 January 2009 - 12:10 AM

QUOTE (Auni @ Jan 4 2009, 06:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So you pick PC, for top-quality graphics. To have top quality graphics, you'd need a good computer(which depends on the person). PS3, probz has the best graphics (storm looks AMAZING). I also don't like the PC, coz the gaming speed slows down, with all the stuff on my computer.

Hmm... I know a guy with a PC that has better graphics than a PS3.

P.S. Storm doesn't have online, which blows, graphics don't make the game.

#27 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 05 January 2009 - 05:39 AM

My computer has better graphics than the PS3, and my Xbox360. This poll wasn't made depending on the person, it was made for what you think is the best overall. The type of PC wasn't specified either.

So as a result, if you have a top-end PC, it beats every other console on the market, hands down. These days you can buy a graphics card for your computer that will be the same price, if not better than current gen consoles.

All consoles are for the most part are stripped down PC's with high-end graphics that don't have an operating system to bog them down with memory processes, drivers to worry about, etc. But then on the flip side they are capable of so much more... console games are programmed on PC's. The only reason they cost $200 less on average is because companies lose money when they make the system. That's why games for consoles cost an extra ten bucks in the US (as opposed to PC games), because the extra ten dollars goes directly to the console manufacturer to make up for losses when they produce the system. Though I think lately Microsoft has found a way to break even with the production costs, and Nintendo even gets a small profit... Sony is still in the hole on the PS3.

This is why I never understood why PC's get put in these kind of 'competitions', it's just not the same. Yeah, you can play games on it, but not everyone uses a PC for games. All you can do with a console is play games, listen to music, and watch videos.

#28 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 05 January 2009 - 04:28 PM

My console does so much more though.

#29 Kirby

Kirby

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Manga, TV, Reading, Tromboning, Kirby (their vaccuum cleaners are AWESOME &lt;3

Posted 05 January 2009 - 10:01 PM

Good point Paradox, although I still prefer a console (game won't run on my PC coz other applications slow them down). I just put the PC here, in case people play games on their PC's.

Edited by Auni, 05 January 2009 - 10:01 PM.

#30 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 06 January 2009 - 01:04 AM

Well, I guess I'm a little biased for PC, since I've been using one since I was, like, 2. [By the way, that granted me the ability to type 4x faster then all people. People go :Q____ when they see me type XD] We could never really bother for those systems, other then PS2. I still have both of them to this day. <333333

#31 AyaMoto74

AyaMoto74

Mrs. Darttension

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts
  • Interests:I think you all know my hobbies XD

My hobbies include writing/ making music, writing stories, playing videogames, and chatting!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 01:23 AM

Sorry dudes, as much as I play everything, I still clicked the PS2 vote up there. PS2 has been taking the cake for me for so many years, I'm sorta wishing it cost $600 instead of the PS3 sleep.gif I love the PS3 and all but alot of these new systems should really . . . bring back what the older ones did. Depth and something besides online gaming sad.gif

Kiss you for lonesome folly...

#32 NutMan

NutMan

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 01:28 AM

I dunno. I like my 360 and I don't have a Wii yet. I want to get a Wii eventually, but I'm not paying $250 for it. I love Nintendo, but the Wii is exactly like the gamecube game releases wise. What are Wii owners playing now? I don't know, Animal Crossing? What will they be playing in 2009? I don't know...When's the next Mario, Zelda, Metroid etc game come out? Don't get me wrong. I love those games, but the Wii is too expensive right now for the number of good games on it.

I don't have a PS3. It's too expensive for me right now and there's not a whole lot besides MotorStorm and Ratchet & Clank that will drive me to buy one anytime soon. The 360 is good enough for me. It has every genre I like. Shooters, RPGs, Racing games and platformers. Especially RPGs. I was very happy with the announcement that FFXIII is coming to the 360.

On top of that XBLA is absolutely awesome.

Edited by NutMan, 06 January 2009 - 01:30 AM.

#33 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 06 January 2009 - 03:12 AM

Well, the Wii is doing casual games and other games that are out of the ordinary like WiiFit.

As for PS3, the price drop is coming soon up to 30% off, as I heard from the news. ( wow.gif that will be cheap enough to buy) But the price is dropping for that system because of the Wii is ahead in sales.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#34 Pite

Pite

I'm a cat with glasses and a piece of chalk in my hand!

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Too long to write about.

Posted 06 January 2009 - 03:16 AM

I would have to say that the PC, since it has the keyboard(which I am an avid lover of) also a mouse that is much better that any other aiming system availble on consoles.

Also I really like that I can every few years update my computer so that I can still play video games on it.

Plus, it has all the good things like the internet or MS Word.
The meaning of life is to find your own meaning of life.

#35 NutMan

NutMan

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 04:47 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ Jan 5 2009, 09:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, the Wii is doing casual games and other games that are out of the ordinary like WiiFit.

As for PS3, the price drop is coming soon up to 30% off, as I heard from the news. ( wow.gif that will be cheap enough to buy) But the price is dropping for that system because of the Wii is ahead in sales.

Sony is more concerned with Microsoft than Nintendo. Sony and Microsoft can try to catch up with the Wii but in the end they know that they'll never be able to grab that same audience. It's just not possible. Nintendo got there at the right time with the right software and the right marketing. They have all the mindshare.

The 360 outsold the PS3 3:1 in November and PS3 sales(well all sony consoles actually) were down from last year while Wii, DS and 360 were up. Sony can still compete with Microsoft and that's who they're concerned about. Early in 2008 the PS3 had a 3:1 lead over the 360 in Europe. Now Microsoft is ahead by over a million units.

Fun fact: When you're the guy with the highest priced game console in this economy you're in trouble.

As for a PS3 price drop, it'll have to happen soon. They almost can't afford not to(double negative ftw), but it'll be hard on Sony. They're losing money and their stock is tanking due to slow HDTV sales(among other things) and the rumor is that they'll be shutting factories and closing a major division next month because the holiday season COMPLETELY FAILED to spur Blu-Ray, HDTV, Digital camera and PS3 sales. So at the same that they can't afford NOT to drop the price you have to wonder if they're even financially able to.

Edited by NutMan, 06 January 2009 - 04:51 AM.

#36 Chidori Mistress

Chidori Mistress

Lolita of Squack <3

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:56 PM

the best?
I'm sticking with my PS3.

Edited by Chidori Mistress, 06 January 2009 - 08:57 PM.

#37 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 06 January 2009 - 09:14 PM

Mistress, what's your PSN?

#38 Rick (Bonta-kun)

Rick (Bonta-kun)

FUMOFFU!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:46 AM

QUOTE (Chidori Mistress @ Jan 7 2009, 07:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the best?
I'm sticking with my PS3.

lol Chi, I knew you'd stick with your PS3, btw, we need to play some GTA4 again biggrin.gif lol

#39 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:00 PM

QUOTE (AyaMoto74 @ Jan 5 2009, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry dudes, as much as I play everything, I still clicked the PS2 vote up there. PS2 has been taking the cake for me for so many years, I'm sorta wishing it cost $600 instead of the PS3 sleep.gif I love the PS3 and all but alot of these new systems should really . . . bring back what the older ones did. Depth and something besides online gaming sad.gif

100% agreed PS2 is my fave.

Out of the Next Gen I'd say 360, I hate when i got RROD but its got a good price and the best selection of the 3, heck, I may not have gotten a PS3 had I knew Microsoft was gonna swipe so many exclusives.

PS3 has seen some improvement and has some great games comin up so im putting it as 2nd

The wii, the exclusives are superb, but theyve commited to casual gaming, I can't blame them for getting payed, but few games match up to what 360&PS3 last year. I mean GTAIV MGS4 Gears2 Fallout 3 FarCry 2 Fable 2 Resistance 2 LBP Deadspace? No contest

Edited by Illmatic, 08 January 2009 - 11:00 PM.

#40 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:14 PM

QUOTE (AyaMoto74 @ Jan 5 2009, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Depth? All three systems have depth, I have no idea where you're getting at. The games tell wonderful stories, and back them up with beautiful cutscenes and fantastic dialogue (most of the time).

Online gaming is the future. Embrace it. The older systems really didn't offer a lot of that, which disappointed some people. Now that video game creators are bringing online and social gaming together, it brings gaming crowds to one place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users