Close

Kal Penn to Work for Barak Obama!?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Kodachi Claws_*

Guest_Kodachi Claws_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:29 AM

Someone already posted a topic regarding Kal Penn's current status in acting, but the fact that he's quitting for a job at the White House...well, click here and see for yourselves

Well, I'm not particularly thrilled nor appalled, I just cannot help picturing him becoming Kumar in the middle of his job. The good news will be that chances are he will continue to entertain us all. The bad news is that entertainment will come from the Daily Show and Colbert Report airing clips of him in a not-so-flattering light.

#2 Tahaji

Tahaji

MoneyPenny

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 07:07 AM

he left HOUSE MD TO DO THIS!?!?!
IDIOT!

tahajiXcloud (MY AZN)

#3 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 08 April 2009 - 07:41 AM

That's a very... odd reason. I don't think anyone could have predicted Penn would ever be interested in something like this. I mean, the guy doesn't really have "White House" written on him, ya know? More like "White Castle".

#4 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 08 April 2009 - 10:10 AM

QUOTE (Tahaji @ Apr 8 2009, 03:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
he left HOUSE MD TO DO THIS!?!?!
IDIOT!

It's his life. He can do with it whatever he wants. He can always come back to acting. The Obama administration might only be in power for 4 years, so Kal is taking this opportunity while he can. I don't begrudge the guy for doing what his heart and soul asks him to do. Everyone has dreams and desires, and it was probably better for him to at least try, than to always ask himself "what if.."

#5 Tahaji

Tahaji

MoneyPenny

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:28 PM

I know I know... He was just my favorite character, second to house, on the show. I was reading up on his reasoning and it seems he's really pumped to do it. With his background, I hope his voice will be heard though, It might be tough for him to shake the entire...stoner...image out of peoples head.

However, I am looking forward to hearing what he has in part of helping the administration...

tahajiXcloud (MY AZN)

#6 Chivalrysae

Chivalrysae

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Interests:Flag Football, Anime, Indoor Wall Climbing, Hiking, Running

Posted 08 April 2009 - 09:49 PM

I'm disappointed. Not at him, but the fact that it's going to be a blow to one of my favorite shows. It's going to be hard to find a replacement for him on the show. I was actually hoping he could take a couple years off and then come back, but doesn't look like that's going to happen.

#7 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 09 April 2009 - 01:05 AM

Lol he'll always be Kumar to me...

But hey good for him. Let's just hope he isn't press secretary or something.

#8 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 01:12 AM

I can imagine him doing some Kumar things in the White House now...

XDDD

#9 Tahaji

Tahaji

MoneyPenny

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 01:23 AM

XDDDDD

Cheetah riding with barack maybe?

tahajiXcloud (MY AZN)

#10 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

Sun Tzu said whaaaaaaaaat?

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • Interests:Your mother.

Posted 09 April 2009 - 03:46 AM

Am I the only one worried that an Actor is playing Politician?

*reads some of the posts*

Yup.

#11 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 09 April 2009 - 04:54 AM

QUOTE (Yakatsu @ Apr 8 2009, 11:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Am I the only one worried that an Actor is playing Politician?

*reads some of the posts*

Yup.

Just because he's an Actor doesn't mean that he's stupid rolleyes.gif

He's been actively involved in the Obama campaign before, and seemed to do a good job of it while he was, so that helped influence his decision to go back into it, and give it a concentrated effort.

#12 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 04:54 AM

*Still favours the Kumar and Barack cheetah moment*

#13 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 07:02 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Apr 9 2009, 05:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just because he's an Actor doesn't mean that he's stupid rolleyes.gif

You want an Actor to take care of your economies?
You want an Actor to take care of your health when you're almost dead?
You want an Actor to plan the way your country will work?

I have the right to be cynical.

Hey wanna know who also helped Barack Obama?

http://en.wikipedia....Jeremiah_Wright

HEY , LET'S ASK JEREMIAH TO OFFICE. HE'S A NICE GUY.

Oh wait. He screwed up. Didn't he?

CYNICALLLL MAN SHOOTS.

HE SCORES!

Edited by Yakatsu, 09 April 2009 - 07:14 AM.

#14 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 07:24 AM

QUOTE (Yakatsu @ Apr 9 2009, 03:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You want an Actor to take care of your economies?
You want an Actor to take care of your health when you're almost dead?
You want an Actor to plan the way your country will work?

I have the right to be cynical.

Hey wanna know who also helped Barack Obama?

http://en.wikipedia....Jeremiah_Wright

HEY , LET'S ASK JEREMIAH TO OFFICE. HE'S A NICE GUY.

Oh wait. He screwed up. Didn't he?

CYNICALLLL MAN SHOOTS.

HE SCORES!

Okay Yaka, continue hating and being cynical. Actor or not, he's still a human being with a brain, and every person deserves the benefit of a doubt before they're shot down by every cynical person out there in the world. And that's just my two-cents on the topic. You can continue ranting on about Actors, and Jeremiah Wright who I have absolutely no idea how he even got into the conversation. Considering that he is number 1 not an actor, and number 2 never set out to help Obama, and obviously only ended up hurting him.

#15 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 07:42 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Apr 9 2009, 08:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay Yaka, continue hating and being cynical. Actor or not, he's still a human being with a brain, and every person deserves the benefit of a doubt before they're shot down by every cynical person out there in the world. And that's just my two-cents on the topic. You can continue ranting on about Actors, and Jeremiah Wright who I have absolutely no idea how he even got into the conversation. Considering that he is number 1 not an actor, and number 2 never set out to help Obama, and obviously only ended up hurting him.

Here's the missing link. Sorry I should have placed it : They're both not politicians. They weren't instructed in the stereotypical arts of making strategies that will boost nor the art of argumentation. One of them already failed. The second one is in unknown status.

This why I'm cynical. I'm not in favour of people outside the court of Sociology ( Even though Kal , but via double formation )/Politics in holding political jobs. Same thing you be cynical if an ex-actor had a needle in his hands ready to draw you blood.

Everyone's got a brain. But not everyone can utilize it.

Also...rant? It's not rant. A rant comes from a individual rambling, most of the times spewed in times of emotional hype. My cynical-senses isn't in that much high for me to lose my head and throw knifes and forks at you. It's a discussion. No need to be like that...

#16 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 08:12 AM

List of actors turned politicians

This is not a foreign concept to the world. Actors turned politicians. Kal isn't the first, and he *certainly* won't be the last.

And I apologize if you took offense to my statement of ranting. That wasn't my intent.

#17 Guest_Kodachi Claws_*

Guest_Kodachi Claws_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2009 - 07:20 PM

My state voted actors for governors. Twice. And one of them became president. Granted, I disagreed with Regan with almost all of his policies, but he was not an idiot. And I have to admit, outside of budget policies, Arnie isn't half-bad himself (of course, that's probably because a lot of his views don't match with what his party normally runs on...)

Despite the rather asinine characters he plays, Kal is actually a smart guy, and I'm willing to give him a chance. If he screws up though, by all means criticize him.

#18 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 10 April 2009 - 01:38 AM

Actors becoming politician is definitely not something common but they are certainly not rare. in some countries they have several actors that works inside the government and they do a great job at it. Just because someone is an actor doesn't necessarily means that they are politically inept, heck some of them graduate from politic school with distinction an above, they simply choose not yo pursue that path.

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#19 Leney

Leney

Little Ray of Sunshine

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 03:39 PM

It's not like he's going into a cabinet level position. Now when there was a good chance that Dr. Sanjay Gupta was actually going to be Surgeon General...that should have raised a lot more eyebrows. But I've heard more about this than that...lol
WTF Fanfic Quote of the Moment

"I nearly threw up in my mouth" exclaimed Sasuke, mentally scarred by the experience."You should do that!Except let her try and kiss you whilst you do!"laughed Naruto exitedly."That is WAY funny, and all the same way more creepy that that time at the preliminaries!"retorted Sasuke, remembering."uuughh! I feel so sorry for the shadow clones I made whilst we hid.I hear one of the sound genin got AIDS and CHLAMIDIA from Hayate"said Naruto pulling a face.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users