• This topic is locked This topic is locked
80 replies to this topic

#1 Kag19

Kag19

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Interests:I have a degree in Film and TV and am working on obtaining a masters degree in screen writing. I spend most of my time reviewing scripts at work and at home. Yup, I'm the lucky person who gets to sort through all the submitted screenplays and ends up reading them and providing script coverage to the producers. I enjoy working in development but I hope one day to branch out and work in other areas of production. For example, post production, I love to edit films and I wouldn't mind working on set either. My ultimate goal is to one day become a producer/writer.

Posted 14 February 2009 - 12:35 AM

The 13 year old boy is only 4ft tall. His girlfriend is 15 and way taller than him. He looks like her little brother. They both have a daughter. Amazing and really sad!!

http://www.thesun.co...icle2233878.ece
Naruto Live action is here

#2 Dark

Dark

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Interests:I like writing, reading, working out, and being online. :3

Posted 14 February 2009 - 12:42 AM

I really can't say I have a specific reaction for this. I'm horrified and intrigued at the same time. More than anything I'd love to speak to the parents about just what these kids are being taught, or if their actually aware of what they've done. It's babies making babies.

It's just...

wrong.

#3 Chivalrysae

Chivalrysae

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Interests:Flag Football, Anime, Indoor Wall Climbing, Hiking, Running

Posted 14 February 2009 - 12:47 AM

At 13 I couldn't even talk to girls. Let alone have a kid. I hope they both have very supportive families. Being parents at that early of an age could negatively effect their personal growth. It's a lot of responsibility to put on kids that young.

#4 psycho666

psycho666

wub

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 12:51 AM

And to think they are our future...

#5 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 14 February 2009 - 12:53 AM

As much that this disturbed everyone, but this kind of news is happening. I'd known that since the beginning of my high school years that kids my age were having sex and girls became pregnant at least the age of 13 or have an STD.

This is a reason why all schools in the US should talk about Sex Education.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#6 peanutbutter126

peanutbutter126

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Interests:Writing fanfiction, ignoring homework, eating, sleeping, being a pig

Posted 14 February 2009 - 12:56 AM

Well, already we can see that there are financial problems and stuff. I still don't think the boy understands the weight of everything, but right now he seems to be pretty alright with the kid. Still, this sort of stuff is going to impact heavily; they'll probably have fights and end up breaking up sometime. Looks like their parents will have to help them out.

#7 Unknown Entity

Unknown Entity

Abandoned

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 01:03 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ Feb 13 2009, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As much that this disturbed everyone, but this kind of news is happening. I'd known that since the beginning of my high school years that kids my age were having sex and girls became pregnant at least the age of 13 or have an STD.

This is a reason why all schools in the US should talk about Sex Education.

This.

QUOTE (peanutbutter126 @ Feb 13 2009, 05:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, already we can see that there are financial problems and stuff. I still don't think the boy understands the weight of everything, but right now he seems to be pretty alright with the kid. Still, this sort of stuff is going to impact heavily; they'll probably have fights and end up breaking up sometime. Looks like their parents will have to help them out.

And obviously this. The kid doesn't even know what he's gotten himself into. It'll essentially be up to the grandparents to take care of the little kid. Hopefully, they're good people and the baby won't turn out too bad.

By the way, my first thought when I saw the photo of the boy and the girl was... "that girl would have grown up to be a pedophile". I mean... even though the boy is 13... he looks like an elementary kid.
Pretty bored.

#8 trivia212005

trivia212005

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 01:17 AM

And that's why they should watch Maury or Steve Wilkos.

#9 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 14 February 2009 - 01:26 AM

this...is... kittened up and thats putting it lightly.

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#10 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 14 February 2009 - 01:27 AM

QUOTE (Unknown Entity @ Feb 13 2009, 08:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
even though the boy is 13... he looks like an elementary kid.

The boy looks like he's just 5-8 years old. I almost screamed, "WTF?! err.gif There's no way in HELL that boy made a baby. He haven't past puberty." It's just scary...

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#11 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 14 February 2009 - 01:32 AM

wow the dad looks like a baby hisself.

Least he baby will have someone to play with growing up
\

#12 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, eating, and sleeping =]

Posted 14 February 2009 - 01:39 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ Feb 13 2009, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The boy looks like he's just 5-8 years old. I almost screamed, "WTF?! err.gif There's no way in HELL that boy made a baby. He haven't past puberty." It's just scary...

You can say that again. There's a difference between having a baby face and looking like a kid himself! He looks like the older brother that's just 7 or 8!

Fanfiction.net C2: Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#13 Ashley

Ashley

JUST KEEP MOVING FORWARD

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Otakus, Video games, It's a Trap!, Colorguard, Cartoons, Epic Fail Guy, Ace Attorney, Professor Layton, Ouendan, Vocaloid, drawing, Gainax, shojo, shounen, Evangelion, Gurren Lagann, pairings, anime figures(Otaku desires?), movies, Tegaki, South Park, Hikaru Utada, etc.

Posted 14 February 2009 - 01:50 AM

They had sex while the boy was 12? huh.gif

That's so twisted and wrong in many ways. I mean, I like how the baby was brought to this world, but having sex before the age of 18 and marriage?! Our world changed a lot, hasn't it?
I am still pinky-ash

#14 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 02:00 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ Feb 13 2009, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

he really does look quite young, morals continue to fly out the window

#15 Unknown Entity

Unknown Entity

Abandoned

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 03:09 AM

QUOTE (Ashley @ Feb 13 2009, 06:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They had sex while the boy was 12? huh.gif

That's so twisted and wrong in many ways. I mean, I like how the baby was brought to this world, but having sex before the age of 18 and marriage?! Our world changed a lot, hasn't it?

Hasn't it always been like that? I'm pretty sure I read a study somewhere that said more than half of the students exiting high school (so around 17-18 years old) have already had sex... and that number (of students who have had sex) is actually going down.

Sure, 13 is a little bit on the odd side... but it's not too surprising.
Pretty bored.

#16 Pite

Pite

I'm a cat with glasses and a piece of chalk in my hand!

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Too long to write about.

Posted 14 February 2009 - 04:44 AM

._. Wow... I mean 13 and a dad. I imagine how the little kid will do in High School. Here's my dad, he's barely 20 years old...
The meaning of life is to find your own meaning of life.

#17 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 14 February 2009 - 04:50 AM

I don't see a problem with sex itself, more like the problem is stupidly getting her knocked up.

#18 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 06:11 AM

In my own opinion... 15 IS the minimum age of being "accidental parents"

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#19 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 06:29 AM

I almost literally facepalmed at the kid's remark about his allowance.

The kid does seem to be handling it about as maturely as a 13-year old that's become a father could possibly be expected to, but I think the parents are going to do the lion's share of the rearing and it'll be more like he and his girlfriend are babysitting the kid a lot. The mother also sounds relatively together. But the parents of both don't sound like the most likely to be able to be as supportive as needed.

The mother's parents has five (or six) kids and her father is unemployed and they live off of benefits. The boy's parents are separated and his dad fathered nine kids of his own.

#20 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 14 February 2009 - 07:50 AM

I really couldn't believe it when the news broke here.

The boy doesn't even look 13! They're both FAR too young to be having children. Children having children! We do have sex education in our schools, unfortunately there is a kind of irresponsible attitude towards sex and having babies. I remember reading a story about two 15-year-old sisters who decided to have a race to see who could get a baby first. It's stories like this that make me despair for the future of this country.

The odds are really stacked against them. Will they be responsible parents? Will their relationship last? Can one or both parents be able to find work when they leave school?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users