23 replies to this topic

#1 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 01:35 AM

Happy Thanksgiving/Black Friday everyone. Now, here is something to ruin it.

Summary Time: Chapter 29: Kage Bunshin no Jutsu...Naruto going to teach Nail that move isn't he? 

The cover is Nail with his seal going off looking like a jack ass. That Boy...Spells Trouble the cover says. Kishimoto still credited as the editor despite someone else doing the actual work. The rest of the cover is going on and on about how popular Boruto is. Well, seeing the sale for the latest volume, I increasingly doubt that.

Barbarian hair infiltrates the village undetected. The female member (her name is delta) wonders how he was able to do this. He calls out another evil toad.

Back to Nail we see him starring at his vase, thinking about Bolt's deal. Naruto comes in and asked Bolt if he wants to train. You know spend time with him? The thing Bolt's been kittening about for over four years now! He tries playing it cool because he playing that video game...no wait it looks like Mario...moving on. The daughter pops in for a second... to say nothing of importance. Naruto invites  Nail to join. No. Sorry, watch it seem, along with the daughter. After a few wasted panels of Naruto and Bolt sparing Nail orders him to use Karma so they can figure out more about it in a safe environment. Since, their seals are connected he forces Bolt to use it. Apparently it both adsorbs chakra, and enhances a person physical abilities. God, the daughter looks awful. Naruto seems shocked by how strong it made Bolt, and after another few pages of sparing they do that finger shake thing that leaf ninjas supposedly do after sparing. Nail has a flashback to karma's leader beating the kitten out of him. The boss goes on and on about hollowness how karma will fill him, complete him yada yada.

Then Nail sits in Naruto's study and asks about Bolt. Naruto gives a lecture about the connective power of chakra. Nail wants to learn the shadow clone so he could punch himself when he frustrated with himself. Naruto says Nail just like him when he was a kid, and suggest he get himself a rival...for kitten sake they mess up the picture:038.png

I do like that the photos are Naurto and Gaara as kages, Konohamaru disguise as Naruto becoming hokage, and the team 7 picture. Also friends and rivals are not the same thing. And in the end after Naruto's speech Nail starts working on the vase, and barbarian hair found him.

And the ending credits mention that the next chapter will be out 12/22, and that every one of their volumes have been super popular since their release.

Again, this is too slow for a monthly manga.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 25 November 2018 - 04:25 AM.

#2 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 05:50 AM

Summary Time: Chapter 29: Kage Bunshin no Jutsu...Naruto going to teach Nail that move isn't he? 

The cover is Nail with his seal going off looking like a jack ass. That Boy...Spells Trouble the cover says. Kishimoto still credited as the editor despite someone else doing the actual work. The rest of the cover is going on and on about how popular Boruto is. Well, seeing the sale for the latest volume, I increasingly doubt that.

Barbarian hair infiltrates the village undetected. The female member (her name is delta) wonders how he was able to do this. He calls out another evil toad.

Back to Nail we see him starring at his vase, thinking about Bolt's deal. Naruto comes in and asked Bolt if he wants to train. You know spend time with him? The thing Bolt's been kittening about for over four years now! He tries playing it cool because he playing that video game...no wait it looks like Mario...moving on. The daughter pops in for a second... to say nothing of importance. Naruto invites  Nail to join. No. Sorry, watch it seem, along with the daughter. After a few wasted panels of Naruto and Bolt sparing Nail orders him to use Karma so they can figure out more thing about it in a safe environment. Since, their seals are connected he forces Bolt to use it. Apparently it both adsorbs chakra, and enhances a person physical abilities. God, the daughter looks awful. Naruto seems shocked by how strong it made Bolt, and after another few pages of sparing they do that finger shake thing that leaf ninjas supposedly do after sparing. Nail has a flashback to karma's leader beating the kitten out of him. The boss goes on and on about hollowness how karma will fill him, complete him yada yada.

Then Nail sits in Naruto's study and asks about Bolt. Naruto gives a lecture about the connective power of chakra. Nail wants to learn the shadow clone so he could punch himself when he frustrated with himself. Naruto says Nail just like him when he was a kid, and suggest he get himself a rival...for kitten sake they mess up the picture:038.png
I do like that the photos are Naurto and Gaara as kages, Konohamaru disguise as Naruto becoming hokage, and the team 7 picture. Also friends and rivals are not the same thing. And in the end after Naruto's speech Nail starts working on the vase, and barbarian hair found him.

And the ending credits mention that the next chapter will be out 12/22, and that every one of their volumes have been super popular since their release.

This is a running gag. The picture is different at least once in the anime and looked different in the boruto movie too. So I can only conclude the picture the artist drew is different purposefully. It might be more funny as a gag if it didnt end up feeling more like revisionist history

#3 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 07:02 AM

This is a running gag. The picture is different at least once in the anime and looked different in the boruto movie too. So I can only conclude the picture the artist drew is different purposefully. It might be more funny as a gag if it didn't end up feeling more like revisionist history

Out of curiosity can someone look up and post the other photos then. To see if they are all different.

Beyond that I don't think it a joke, or revisionist; they are just lazy. The picture is a symbol in the story. When it is show it used to represent; the good old days of team 7. Now they are still using that even in Boruto but they don't remember what exactly it looked like, and don't bother to double check.

The thing is this photo also shows which characters Ikemoto can actually copy. He can pull off Kakashi, Sasuke and the backgrounds, but he can't do Sakura or Naruto...especially not Naruto, which is another problem since his main character is a clone of him (not literally.)

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 24 November 2018 - 03:07 PM.

#4 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 11:50 AM

To be entirely honest Naruto does come off better in the manga then he does the anime. Granted he comes off less like a father and more big brother. But his moments with Nail while not as strong as Salad in the gaiden are decent. Though it hampered by the fact he keep reminiscing about how Nail is just like Him/Sasuke, and how Bolt and Nail are going to be just like him and Sasuke...you don't need know the first chapter to see how this turn out. So the main problem is his scenes aren't good enough for when his inevitable death to make these scenes bitterly tragic. Their just boring because of it, partially due to the monthly release, but more because you know how this story is going to go. Also the fact that he is so desperate to reach out to this kid it gets kind of annoying. So, you're just waiting for Nail just to turn evil, and kill him already. As hokage, well he can't get worst then what the anime was doing to him in that arc.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 24 November 2018 - 12:03 PM.

#5 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 10:45 PM

Back to Nail we see him starring at his vase, thinking about Bolt's deal. Naruto comes in and asked Bolt if he wants to train. You know spend time with him? The thing Bolt's been kittening about for over four years now! He tries playing it cool because he playing that video game...no wait it looks like Mario...moving on. The daughter pops in for a second... to say nothing of importance. Naruto invites  Nail to join. No. Sorry, watch it seem, along with the daughter. After a few wasted panels of Naruto and Bolt sparing Nail orders him to use Karma so they can figure out more thing about it in a safe environment. Since, their seals are connected he forces Bolt to use it. Apparently it both adsorbs chakra, and enhances a person physical abilities. God, the daughter looks awful. Naruto seems shocked by how strong it made Bolt, and after another few pages of sparing they do that finger shake thing that leaf ninjas supposedly do after sparing. Nail has a flashback to karma's leader beating the kitten out of him. The boss goes on and on about hollowness how karma will fill him, complete him yada yada.

"With friends, your world will change". 

Yeah, for the worst. While you do become Hokage, instead of changing the ninja system you defied, you will uphold it. Instead of marrying your best friend and the girl you loved forever, you will let genjutsu determine your love. So in the end, are friends really that great in the world of Naruto?

#6 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 02:01 AM

"With friends, your world will change". 

Yeah, for the worst. While you do become Hokage, instead of changing the ninja system you defied, you will uphold it. Instead of marrying your best friend and the girl you loved forever, you will let genjutsu determine your love. So in the end, are friends really that great in the world of Naruto?

Your seeing a glimpse into what wrong with Naruto trying to help Nail; he too blinded by nostalgia that he has blocked out all the negatives of what he is implying. Team 7 was a barely functional mess of incredibly lonely people, then one left this group, so they spent years trying to get him to return to them, and when they finally reunite they barely spend any time together or even interact with each-other despite two getting married and even having a child. That's the negative aspects Naruto is blocking out.

Now tell me if you heard this before: there is this group of ninja kids that are in a group a team if you will that consist of a loud mouth brat, a hothead young girl the wants to be seen as responsible, a emotionless boy, a boy with a dark past that gives him lots of psychological issues, and they all trained by a Man who has connection to a former leader of the village is consider powerful as well as well respected, but is treated as an ineffectual teacher. One day the boy with psychological issues get a seal that grants in enormous power at a cost. Also the loud mouth boy also has a seal that grants him power at great cost as well. A dangerous criminal organization wants dangerous powers that are sealed away in people. There is a man that wants to use boy with dark past for nefarious purposes. Now then, how much of this sounds like Naruto? Because other then a few aspects they are so in-common you start seeing comparison even if you try to ignore it.

Not only that but Naruto's weird interest in Nail is suppose to be; he is so empathetic and understanding that he know the boy's plight because he also went through similar circumstances, and wants to help him out. Instead, he comes off as if he wants his own New Sasuke to train -Salad doesn't count because she is a girl, and is too much like Sakura- just like Sasuke got a New Naruto to train through Bolt.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 25 November 2018 - 04:32 AM.

#7 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 03:29 AM

Your seeing a glimpse into what wrong with Naruto trying to help Nail; he too blinded by nostalgia that he has blocked out all the negatives of what he is implying. Team 7 was a barely functional mess of incredibly lonely people, then one left this group, so they spent years trying to get him to return to them, and when they finally reunite they barely spend any time together or even interact with each-other despite two getting married and even having a child. That's the negative aspects Naruto is blocking out.

Now tell me if you heard this before: there is this group of ninja kids that are in a group a team if you will that consist of a loud mouth brat, a hothead young girl the wants to be seen as responsible, a emotionless boy, a boy with a dark past that gives him lots of psychological issues, and they all trained by a Man who has connection to a former leader of the village is consider powerful as well as well respected, but is treated as an ineffectual teacher. One day the boy with psychological issues get a seal that grants in enormous power at a cost. Also the loud mouth boy also has a seal that grants him power at great cost as well. A dangerous criminal organization wants dangerous powers that are sealed away in people. There is a man that wants to use boy with dark past for nefarious purposes. Now then, how much of this sounds like Naruto? Because other then a few aspect they are so in-common you start seeing comparison even if you try to ignore it.

Not only that but Naruto's weird interest in Nail is suppose to be; he is so empathetic and understanding that he know the boy's plight because he also went through similar circumstances, and wants to help him out. Instead, he comes off as if he wants his own New Sasuke to train -Salad doesn't count because she is a girl, and is too much like Sakura- just like Sasuke got a New Naruto to train through Bolt.

Nail sounds like an edgier Sasuke. Is he gonna try and murder Sarada and then marry her and then neglect the kitten out of them and their child? Since he's edgier, he will also cheat on her and abuse their child.

#8 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 03:48 AM

Nail sounds like an edgier Sasuke. Is he gonna try and murder Sarada and then marry her and then neglect the kitten out of them and their child? Since he's edgier, he will also cheat on her and abuse their child.

Depends. You forget, Bolt is Hinata's son. So she already has strong feelings for Bolt (because how can anyone not fall on their knees & worship what Hinata created,) but last chapter they started the interaction between Nail and Salad. Then we all remember that she is Sakura's daughter so she may be removed as Bolt's default love interest for SP's favorite OC character, and then it is like you said.

#9 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 25 November 2018 - 11:07 PM

You know while I don't like the Last Jedi what Luke said here is this clip means a lot when you look at Naruto.

You see to me Naruto is like the Jedi, he is romanticized and deified as some great hero when he is not many on the site have already talked that Naruto used people to get what he wanted hell he used Sakura.

When in the end Naruto's legacy will be nothing more than failure showing his hypocrisy and hubris.

Edited by TheFirstEvil100, 25 November 2018 - 11:13 PM.

#10 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 04:54 PM

Is it just me or are they trying to make it all seem different by doing the reverse?

Let me explain. So Boruto is actually being more like Sasuke and Nail here is more like Naruto...so to speak. So does that mean that Boruto is basically the Naruto story, but instead it is Naruto who turned evil and Sasuke was the good guy? I am getting this vibe with it. Unlike Sasuke though, Nail will actually succeed in destroying the village and not just conveniently distracted by events that some how change his view point.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#11 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 02:43 AM

You know while I don't like the Last Jedi what Luke said here is this clip means a lot when you look at Naruto.

You see to me Naruto is like the Jedi, he is romanticized and deified as some great hero when he is not many on the site have already talked that Naruto used people to get what he wanted hell he used Sakura.

When in the end Naruto's legacy will be nothing more than failure showing his hypocrisy and hubris.

naruto used sakura? am i missing something. I know everyone has a opinion but I don't know why you would think naruto uses people. If you're basing it on boruto and the naruto ending maybe I can see that because of how out of character naruto is but I don't see that as being consistent with his character

#12 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 07:22 AM

naruto used sakura? am i missing something. I know everyone has a opinion but I don't know why you would think naruto uses people. If you're basing it on boruto and the naruto ending maybe I can see that because of how out of character naruto is but I don't see that as being consistent with his character

Canonically he did, yeah, since the Last is canon. Hinata also used her so that she could be with Naruto. Then for some reason Sasuke also used her to produce a kid even though Karin who he greatly preferred was still available. So I don't make it a point to say that because Naruto is hardly alone in doing so. Sakura in canon is just a tool.

#13 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 08:18 AM

Is it just me or are they trying to make it all seem different by doing the reverse?

Let me explain. So Boruto is actually being more like Sasuke and Nail here is more like Naruto...so to speak. So does that mean that Boruto is basically the Naruto story, but instead it is Naruto who turned evil and Sasuke was the good guy? I am getting this vibe with it. Unlike Sasuke though, Nail will actually succeed in destroying the village and not just conveniently distracted by events that some how change his view point.

"I am getting this vibe with it. Unlike Sasuke though, Nail will actually succeed in destroying the village and not just conveniently distracted by events that some how change his view point." It be more then just a vibe if you look at the first few pages of the manga, or watch the first scene of the anime.

What they are doing is trying to justify why Sasuke is teaching Bolt, and why Nail will eventually be the student of Naruto. When you look at the kids they are pretty much clones Bolt/Nail to Naruto/Sasuke respectfully. So it should be just them training their copies since they would have a better understand of that kids plights, but that wasn't interesting to Kishimoto who wanted Bolt to be taught by Sasuke to make him a Piccolo, and they decided to the same thing with Naruto and Nail. So in the movie had Naruto keep insisting the Bolt is this generation Sasuke, somehow? Maybe because he the popular gifted natural born genius. And Nail is like Naruto? Maybe because he was made into a human weapon. That honestly the best excuse I can think of.

However, no matter what Bolt will never be evil/the bad guy of the situation; One he is a shounen main character, and two he is Hinata's son.

Naruto used sakura? am i missing something. I know everyone has a opinion but I don't know why you would think naruto uses people. If you're basing it on boruto and the naruto ending maybe I can see that because of how out of character naruto is but I don't see that as being consistent with his character

Well according to the last, he used her in his rivalry with Sasuke. Its all but outright stated in it that he never had any feeling for her, and was just being nice to her because it made him look better then Sasuke the guy that actually did have feeling for her. Don't believe it, I agree this isn't in character with the Naruto we know from the manga, but this is what bull kitten excuse the last was trying to make to justify the last minute nH. This is also why the Last was so damaging to the series as it completely destroyed people understanding of who the main character was, and connection to said main character. 

Canonically he did, yeah, since the Last is canon. Hinata also used her so that she could be with Naruto. Then for some reason Sasuke also used her to produce a kid even though Karin who he greatly preferred was still available. So I don't make it a point to say that because Naruto is hardly alone in doing so. Sakura in canon is just a tool.

Well now she all used up by Boruto it seems, and isn't even worthy of screen time anymore.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 30 November 2018 - 09:01 AM.

#14 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 01:53 PM

Boruto does not have any volumes in the top 50 selling volumes of 2018. The lowest of the 50 sold around 470,000. So, any Boruto volumes this year have sold less then that. *looks* Before dropping off on the third week volume six sold about 182,700.

They don't have the top 50 manga series yet...though I hoping it is not on there. 

So, super popular volumes of a super popular manga of a super popular series?

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 30 November 2018 - 01:57 PM.

#15 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 11:36 PM

Boruto does not have any volumes in the top 50 selling volumes of 2018. The lowest of the 50 sold around 470,000. So, any Boruto volumes this year have sold less then that. *looks* Before dropping off on the third week volume six sold about 182,700.

They don't have the top 50 manga series yet...though I hoping it is not on there. 

So, super popular volumes of a super popular manga of a super popular series?

"Thanks for making it super popular!!"

#16 hisaberpie

hisaberpie

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 10:12 PM

I got this vibe too. Its still unoriginal as beck though. And man, do i hate the whole tribal tattoo designs on nail and boruto. You can see how theyre apeing the cursed seal thing as well.

#17 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 07:23 PM

"Thanks for making it super popular!!"

1430vae.jpg

I got this vibe too. Its still unoriginal as beck though. And man, do i hate the whole tribal tattoo designs on nail and boruto. You can see how theyre apeing the cursed seal thing as well.

"You're so mean"
33c7ou8.jpg

Jokes aside, yeah. Even the "new age pairings" are unoriginal. It is just NS vs NH all over again. Unless they try to do gay undertones with Boruto and Kawaki.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#18 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:52 PM

Jokes aside, yeah. Even the "new age pairings" are unoriginal. It is just NS vs NH all over again. Unless they try to do gay undertones with Boruto and Kawaki.

I'd say the anime is to blame for Neo-nH, the manga had one chapter saying that it exist, and the way they went about it was something hinata would never do in a million years. Neo-SS started last chapter even if its barely there; it is inevitable. As for Neo-SNS with Bolt and Nail; scroll up. This entire arc is based around making that a thing. As for Neo-NS it been there since the start, and its close to the core of Boruto as you can get. Since, Bolt's dream is to be Salad's supporting shadow.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 07 December 2018 - 02:15 PM.

#19 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 02:05 AM

I'd say the anime is to blame for Neo-nH, the manga had one chapter saying that it exist, and the way they went about it was something hinata would never do in a million years. Neo-SS started last chapter even if its barely there; it is inevitable. As for Neo-SNS with Bolt and Nail; scroll up. This entire arc is based around making that a thing. As for Neo-NS it been there since the start, and its close to the core of Boruto as you can get. Since, Bolt's dream is to be Salad's supporting shadow.

"It's a red herring"

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#20 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 03:07 AM

"It's a red herring"

Which is a problem. NS was not the entire core of Naruto; really what killed Naruto was the Last/SP trying to force nH into being "the core." However, for Boruto BS is the core. The story is in-theory; Bolt training under Sasuke to take his place, and be the supporting shadow for Salad who dream is to be the next Hokage. Since that is the dream/goal of the main character. However, that has not been the focus on the manga (or the anime but we are focusing on the manga here). What has been the focus of the manga has been setting up the next generation's SNS conflict. Why are they doing this? Like I say, because Bolt nearly completed his dream in movie. So they should now be focusing on Salad's journey to become hokage, but because she is the daughter of Sakura they don't. So instead, just in case she becomes unpopular and replaced by the clone they started up Neo-SNS to replace it as "the core of the story."

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 13 December 2018 - 03:45 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users