JG111580

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 01:16 AM

My thoughts...

AWESOME! a_dance.gif

FTG pretty much confirmed as the jutsu that Naruto must perfect (unless I read it wrong and Naruto was just using super speed), learned it during his training with Jiraya, was unable to use it possibly because he could not stabilize his chakra enough (the greater the jutsu, the more dangerous it becomes for the user... I just think about Naruto's head winding up on one side of a room and his body on the other err.gif )

Now that Naruto's 6 paths form is confirmed to appear in the outside world, it opens up huge possibilities for the battles to come eager.gif

I liked the fact that Naruto did not possess instant mastery over his new abilities = more training and more room for growth

It appears that now that the hatred and will of the ninetails has been seperated from its' chakra that the demon cloak is gone = a good thing!
A. it differentiates Naruto and Bee, more than Naruto having a more advanced seal
B. the hatred and rage that made Naruto loose control are gone and he can now protect everyone with strength that he attained through hard work, courage, and determination
C. awesome possibilities about why Naruto now resembles the 6 paths sage when he accesses the ninetails chakra

YuYu Hakusho pops into my mind... how a demon hidden and dormant within a bloodline only awakened when a strong enough descendant emerged

Maybe the strength that Naruto attained prior to defeating the ninetails prompted the link to emerge, perhaps the love of his mother and father, perhaps the rejoining of the leaf and whirlpool bloodlines... maybe even a combination of them all!!!

Then the question becomes, did the 6 paths sage prepare for all of this to protect the world as the 4th sealed the ninetails to protect the leaf? Did he foresee that one day a special set of circumstances might create the perfect warrioir to seal away the negative energy of all of the tailed beasts for good and bring a sustainable and lasting peace to the world? Someone with control over nature energy, someone that has stripped hatred from their soul, someone with a strong chakra that naturally opposes the chakra of the tailed beasts... who fits that bill I wonder?

Perhaps a direct link to the 6 paths sage is the reason that Naruto was able to master sage mode and surpass Jirya so quickly...

Perhaps the markings that appear on Naruto reflect a technique that sealed the 6 paths chakra into his son so that it would be passed on from one generation to the next, only to be awakened when the chosen one, a child of prophecy would emerge!!!!

Um... sorry, getting a little too excited sweat.gif

Anyway, if there is a link between the sharingan and the raw hatred of the tailed beasts, does this mean that Sauske will no longer be able to cut off Naruto's chakra supply?

A few more questions for everyone, what if Madara implanted the rinegan in Sauske rather than Itachi's sharingan as requested? Would the rinegan then upgrade to 6 paths sage level? Would Sauke then be synced to Gedo Mazo as Madara had preiously mentioned? If Naruto's new abilities not only allow him to sense hatred, but to erase it some how, does he now have the final piece to the puzzle that is redeeming Sauske. Will Naruto defeat Madara, then along with Sauske, seal the tailed beasts for good?

Again... AWESOME possibilities!!!!!!!

Can't wait for Guy vs. Kisame round three! Odds are very low that Kisame escapes this one.

As for Kishi snubbing the pairings reference, I really didn't mind. I think that it will be addressed again for the last time when the moment is right for an epic emotional conclusion, appropriate for the manga.

Side Note:

A thought occured to me the other day. With all the games that Kishi has played with pairings fandoms, wouldn't it be wicked if it came down to Naruto saying his farewells to the rookie 9 before the final battle and Kishimoto ending a chapter with Naruto telling Hinata that he loves her... trailing off to the next week. down.gif There would be a wild celebration in NaruHina land. Then coming back the next week Naruto concludes his sentence "as a friend and fellow leaf shinobi." She smiles and says "I understand" flashing to various points in time where Hinata had been observing NaruSaku interaction. Then Naruto heads off to the final person he has to see. I don't know, a medical ninja with pink hair maybe. Possibly to make a remark about her forehead... Now that would be a wild ride! woot.gif

Sorry for the long post, but this chapter really got me going.... yes.gif

#42 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 05 August 2010 - 01:28 AM

Good God, what is wrong with you guys? You see shipping everywhere, no matter if it makes sense or not! There weren't any hints in this chapter! You all complain about the Naruto/Hinata fans making up reasons for their pairing being canon, but it's okay when Naruto/Sakura fans do it?!

#43 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 01:29 AM

Of course what did you expect from me out of this chapter? fu.png

Edited by Uzumakikage, 05 August 2010 - 01:30 AM.

#44 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 01:32 AM

QUOTE (KungFuTruffle @ Aug 4 2010, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good God, what is wrong with you guys? You see shipping everywhere, no matter if it makes sense or not! There weren't any hints in this chapter! You all complain about the Naruto/Hinata fans making up reasons for their pairing being canon, but it's okay when Naruto/Sakura fans do it?!

I just asked a question, Sakura and Shikamaru seemed different in the photo to me because of aspect ratio. It doesn't have to mean anything. I thought it was great that they didn't bring up the someone like your mother personally. Kisame has to come out, IT'S SHARK WEEK!!! argh1.png

Edited by Insurrection, 05 August 2010 - 01:42 AM.

#45 TheBerserkMoogle

TheBerserkMoogle

Cute and Fuzzy. Deadly too.

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 01:33 AM

That week would probably be torture, but it'd be worth it if that happened. biggrin.gif

#46 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 05 August 2010 - 01:34 AM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Aug 4 2010, 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, the picture of his friends...

I'm struck again by how Sakura is drawn in his personal space. The composition here has him sandwiched between Shikamaru and Sakura, the two who are arguably the closest too him right now. (Wasn't Shikamaru slated to be a confidant of sorts to Naruto? Or am I remembering bits from the interview where it was mentioned that Kakashi and Sakura were supposed to have an arc? I'll file that under "Wait and See.")

Anyway, time and time again, Sakura is drawn in his core area. The time with the Kumo nins where he catches her and squats behind her. Him catching her after the Sasuke debacle, her hair so close to chest in the corner of the panel. And the intimate angle she's drawn with her looking up and saying his name. There was a cover or poster where they were both leaping but her angle was coming up through his legs (not sexual. seriously!). It was done with the manga, not a show or movie, otherwise I wouldn't have referenced it. I'll have to find it, though.

But this one has her facing him, and him turning to her. No, it's not confirmation of anything. But it is the most overt illustration of mutual acceptance they've had so far. The line about what kind of girl he'd like has not been played yet, but the visual buildup is there.

Good chapter. The Guy/Kisame thing at the end was a hoot.

This is exactly what I was saying in my first post. Sakura drawn in close proximity to Naruto, and more importantly facing towards him. in drawing this is used to denote a personal closeness and connection ((not neccesarily romantic Ill grant)) but always a closeness.

Hinata meanwhile is drawn looking away and her face in shadow this again is used as a sign of distance and moving away from someone.

the picture shows from Kishimoto senseis perspective how Naruto views his bonds. and Sakura and Shikamaru and Sai are drawn closest to him. Sakura is shown full body and her eyes are directed at him this most clearly denotes the close connection between them.

Shikamaru is turned away from him but slightly towards him and theyre practically shoulder to shoulder. this is as has been pointed out the foreshadowing to their closeness as friends and Shikas possible role as advisor.

Sai is also turned bodily towards him but is in the background denoting some distance and is also looking away the general eye line is down and slightly towards Sakura and Naruto this is a statement of his role as a friend but still ((quite possibly self imposed)) slight outsider.

Neji, Lee and Shino are all in the middle Lee loud and proud up front and center. Neji is in the background behind Hinata but also over her head.

Poor Shino is hidden and almost invisible in the background just as per Narutos perspective as he almost didnt know who Shino was when they saw eahc other again.

Hinata is dead center but most importantly as stated before is turned away her face is practically in shadow quite frankly if she turns anay more then she is shell be looking at Neji.

while Ill grant this isnt iron clad proof positive. This is to me as close as Kishimoto has come to date in stating out right who at the very least Naruto prefers.

and its Sakura.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#47 Grace

Grace

I am Johnlocked. Formerly known as "Kushina".

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 01:36 AM

QUOTE (KungFuTruffle @ Aug 4 2010, 06:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

confused.gif

Having fun tossing speculation back and forth between each other means there's something wrong with us?

#48 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 01:56 AM

Were just doing what shippers do xD. You don't have too pay much attention to our rants, as this chapter clearly shows what Naruto thought about his mother's final wishes for him.

They didn't showed the girlfriend part because technically Naruto doesn't have a girlfriend, he only has a friend that so happens to be a girl...i guess that falls in the line of girlfriend.

Anyways this chapter was about that, and the Sage of the Six Paths Naruto, considering he is a sage...and he has the 6 paths seal, not to mention new found powers, i have never seen Naruto use the Flying Thunder God before.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#49 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 05 August 2010 - 02:08 AM

QUOTE (KungFuTruffle @ Aug 4 2010, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have to agree with you. I mean, look at the recent topics: Hair colors, blood-type, relation between Kushina and Minato, and so on. This isn't admiration, it's obsessiveness at a disgusting order.

#50 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 02:09 AM

QUOTE (catsi563 @ Aug 4 2010, 09:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what I was saying in my first post. Sakura drawn in close proximity to Naruto, and more importantly facing towards him. in drawing this is used to denote a personal closeness and connection ((not neccesarily romantic Ill grant)) but always a closeness.

Hinata meanwhile is drawn looking away and her face in shadow this again is used as a sign of distance and moving away from someone.

the picture shows from Kishimoto senseis perspective how Naruto views his bonds. and Sakura and Shikamaru and Sai are drawn closest to him. Sakura is shown full body and her eyes are directed at him this most clearly denotes the close connection between them.

Shikamaru is turned away from him but slightly towards him and theyre practically shoulder to shoulder. this is as has been pointed out the foreshadowing to their closeness as friends and Shikas possible role as advisor.

I completely agree with your thoughts about the positioning of everyone. You're right on the nail about it, especially Sai.

I think the image is visual buildup on Kishimoto's part. He's done a few of these group shots before, but I think this one has been staged. Composed differently. Each position, each person has significance. It's from Naruto's pov, and he's thinking of them as individuals.

And in that vein, Hinata is in the shadow of Sakura. There's so much you can read into that positioning. But to sum all of that up, it can't have been chance. He's put her as a smaller second on purpose.

Remember, visual is the primary communication here. It transcends translation. Kishimoto knows this.

At this same time, I agree with KungFu (I'm finding this happens a lot! wink.gif ). This is simply an illustration, and factually it means zip, zilch, nada.

But this is one of the elements that makes this manga so readable, tantalizingly so. You can take it either way. There is drama, friction, suspense in all of it. And if you choose to read into it, then it's there. If you chose not to, then it's not.

For my part, I think it is a visual buildup. Like I said, this is the first illustration from his pov that reflects an acceptance from her. So yeah, I guess I'm shippin' it. Sakura ftw! Shannaro!

#51 jason voorhees

jason voorhees

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 02:18 AM

QUOTE (Miss Soupy @ Aug 4 2010, 11:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There is no absolute, undeniable proof that it is Sakura, that is the thing. To us it seems obvious, but at the same time it could mean completely nothing. The fact that out of all the things Kushina told Naruto that the one revolving around pairings was specifically left out says a lot to me. It says Kishi is quite happy with stringing everyone along without actually confirming anything, which is what I hate the most about the romance. At some point he will have ruined all the pairings unless he can get serious about the one he intends. I understand why he does it, but that doesn't make for very good or consistent writing, in my opinion.

i c but thats were we differ in opinion i for one believe in plot lines that each writer follows kish is no different an can be easy to follow.
kish has all but ben very forward to me

but hey everyone is different time will tell xD but i would make you a bet

Edited by hypno toad, 05 August 2010 - 02:31 AM.

#52 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 05 August 2010 - 02:18 AM

QUOTE (Kamina-Yoshi @ Aug 4 2010, 09:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have to agree with you. I mean, look at the recent topics: Hair colors, blood-type, relation between Kushina and Minato, and so on. This isn't admiration, it's obsessiveness at a disgusting order.

Well its reaching. It happens in anything concerning a fandom, of anything. Sports and politics as well. Looking and seeing things that aren't even there, and every little subtle detail sometimes makes a world of difference. At the same time, keep in mind, this forum IS a founded on shipping. Though obviously we are incredibly diverse cool.gif
\

#53 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 02:19 AM

No worries everyone, That part was saved just like Yamato's unfinished speech, you better believe it! a_thumbs.gif

#54 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 02:29 AM

QUOTE (Kamina-Yoshi @ Aug 4 2010, 07:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Careful with that--it can be turned around right back at you from anyone else's P.O.V. There are many anime fans out there who don't give a hoot about pairings, and joining a site dedicated to a pairing and looking for evidence for said pairing and fighting over pairings would be "obsessiveness at a disgusting oder". You and Truffle should maybe find a nicer way to point out hypocrisy instead of going right into insulting everyone in general. I agree with what you're saying, but there are better ways of saying it, you know?

My thoughts on the chapter: Can't wait for this to be animated--with hopefully good animation, and to get to hear some awesomely bad?/good? rap from Killer Bee regarding Naruto's badassary.

Bro-fist telepathy? Props to the one who mentioned it XD Poor Yamato, they really are doing it on purpose. ;D Payback for the scary-faces, maybe?

#55 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 02:44 AM

QUOTE (hypno toad @ Aug 4 2010, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i c but thats were we differ in opinion i for one believe in plot lines that each writer follows kish is no different an can be easy to follow.
kish has all but ben very forward to me

Easy to follow?

Alright. Tell me what's gonna happen when this arc finishes and he decides to write the next one. If Kishi's so forward, you should know! kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

#56 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 05 August 2010 - 02:48 AM

I don't know why, but this power looks cool then any Nine tailed cloak. To me, Naruto looks like he actually became his own chakra. Great chapter, glad were finally to the story again. As for the couple thing, I still have my eyes on it being Sakura, it's hard to believe in anything else.

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

#57 jason voorhees

jason voorhees

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 02:50 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Aug 5 2010, 02:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Easy to follow?

Alright. Tell me what's gonna happen when this arc finishes and he decides to write the next one. If Kishi's so forward, you should know! kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

i was to forward with that post i ment pairing wise i figure this was a pairing fandom everyone would understand guss my bad sorry happy.gif i read to much manga for my own good lol im no expert by a long shot romance is a weakness of mine an kish has drama love gult sasuke is nothing but a growing part for both naruto&sakura everything you jest cant help but be captivated by his genius

Edited by hypno toad, 05 August 2010 - 03:05 AM.

#58 Zin

Zin

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 02:50 AM

QUOTE (Miss Soupy @ Aug 4 2010, 11:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There is no absolute, undeniable proof that it is Sakura, that is the thing. To us it seems obvious, but at the same time it could mean completely nothing. The fact that out of all the things Kushina told Naruto that the one revolving around pairings was specifically left out says a lot to me. It says Kishi is quite happy with stringing everyone along without actually confirming anything, which is what I hate the most about the romance. At some point he will have ruined all the pairings unless he can get serious about the one he intends. I understand why he does it, but that doesn't make for very good or consistent writing, in my opinion.

If you consider the amount of development between Naruto and Sakura, and add together the advice his mother gave(Sakura is the only person in Naruto's age group that is similar to Kushina) then if there is going to be any pairing at all it'll be NaruSaku.(of course there's always a chance of Kishi losing his mind and making NH canon with virtually no development at all but...*shrug*) This of course still leaves the possibility of there being no pairing which I won't write off simply because Kishi seems scared to death of making a pairing canon. Honestly, the fact that Kishi included every single answer to Kushina's advice EXCEPT her advice about women makes his writing seem...disjointed... and it's because he's afraid to make a pairing canon.

I do agree with you though...if he doesn't make a decision to go through with a pairing or not he's going to ruin it completely and his writing is suffering because of his indecision.

Edited by Zin, 05 August 2010 - 02:53 AM.

"I've always equated "feelings" with "getting caught"...they both get in the way of my money. Unfortunately not everyone is as committed to their work as I am." - Garrett, Thief:TMA

"A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat." - JC Denton, Deus Ex

Anna: "The Maria Narcissa."
Sam: "Sounds like you're setting me up for another blind date."
Anna: "The Maria Narcissa is a boat."
Sam: "So was the last girl you set me up with."
Anna: "Fisher!"
Sam: "Sorry." - Anna Grímsdóttir and Sam Fisher, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

#59 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 05 August 2010 - 03:02 AM

QUOTE (catsi563 @ Aug 4 2010, 09:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is a reflection of how Naruto views his friends. And actually I do see Kishimoto showing Naruto has indeed come to at least some belief that Sakura has romantic feelings for him- take a close look, she's looking at him with a light blush and her hand is clutched over her heart. It's not the fangirl adoration of Sasuke he was picturing in in his mind in 474. instead it is like how we've seen Sakura look at Naruto when she's flirted with him, and when she made her confession. Sakura is also the only one looking directly at Naruto, and their heads overlap with Naruto and Sakura being nearly eye to eye- more subtle symbolism....

Hinata is a friend but basically still a girl strange to him. Her confession didn't change how Naruto felt about her. Thus she is shadowed smaller and turned away from him with a inward thinking look- like you said as well it also symbolizes what we saw a hint of at the post go after Sasuke mission discussion. Hinata, her confession being said, now seems to be drawing away from Naruto. Sakura, on the other hand is drawing even closer to Naruto since she made her confession.

I knew it wouldn't be addressed directly until Naruto and Sakura have their next interaction- that's just the way Kishimoto develops Naruto and Sakura's romance, especially on Naruto's side. Sakura, on the other hand has had several developments in her romantic feelings toward Naruto when they weren't directly interacting (along with ones where they were of course) That's why I wondered if Tsunade would send Sakura to the island to check up on things... It all depends on how fast he wants to basically take Naruto and Sakura to the final step of becoming an official couple.

Naruto though, may return to Konoha soon- now that it's clear the island is not secure, and the training Naruto needed to do on the island is completed.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#60 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 03:09 AM

QUOTE (Zin @ Aug 4 2010, 10:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Honestly, the fact that Kishi included every single answer to Kushina's advice EXCEPT her advice about women makes his writing seem...disjointed... and it's because he's afraid to make a pairing canon.

That's exactly how I feel about it too... I understand he is afraid to give too much to any pairing, but at the same time he recently had these huge pairing moments. If he wasn't ready, he should have never written either of the confessions. All he did was leave them both hanging, unanswered, becoming more and more stale over time.

But anyways...Kushina's comment probably meant very little anyways. Sakura would have gotten her blessing either way.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users