64 replies to this topic

#41 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 07:30 AM

Either the translation is really crappy or Akamaru's a sexist assh*le dog. "Female humans know nothing" he says, what the kitten? I thought this was fanmade half the time! XD

People laughed at me back in November/December when I said that Kishimoto's mantra was "What? Women are things. They are here to be used by their better."

Back then I was called "salty" by the pro ending crowd. And honestly I'm not one of the people who thinks the label "sexism" is used correctly very often, must people just use it when something mildly annoys them now. But Kishimoto has constantly shown this trait, and not in a "humorous" way either.

#42 dejavu

dejavu

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 08:54 AM

People laughed at me back in November/December when I said that Kishimoto's mantra was "What? Women are things. They are here to be used by their better."

Back then I was called "salty" by the pro ending crowd. And honestly I'm not one of the people who thinks the label "sexism" is used correctly very often, must people just use it when something mildly annoys them now. But Kishimoto has constantly shown this trait, and not in a "humorous" way either.

Aww there there... we all know who is salty now

Edited by dejavu, 03 May 2015 - 08:54 AM.

#43 Don'tMindME

Don'tMindME

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 10:30 AM

There might be some things lost in translation, the word for female dog might not be as heavily used as an insult in japanese. If this was in the perspective of a deer calling all the woman a doe it might not be taken as rudely. Also these translators seem to like the heavy use of cursing in general. The kishi doesn't usually put heavy cursing in his work, but translators like to take liberties with the translation. Manga stream does it all the time.

#44 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 02:19 PM

There might be some things lost in translation, the word for female dog might not be as heavily used as an insult in japanese. If this was in the perspective of a deer calling all the woman a doe it might not be taken as rudely. Also these translators seem to like the heavy use of cursing in general. The kishi doesn't usually put heavy cursing in his work, but translators like to take liberties with the translation. Manga stream does it all the time.

I don't trust those idiot fan translators, sometimes they add heaving cursing just cuz they think it sounds hip. They had Killer Bee saying "motherf*cka" and the N-word at one time. Like, really?? That's racist & stupid. There are a lot of swear words in English that don't exist in Japanese so the translations aren't supposed to be accurate word for word in the first place.

#45 Dario

Dario

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 03:12 PM

Akamaru's lines were all cringeworthy. Not even talking about the sexism but the way they flow or how it's supposed to be funny and falls flat on its face. The usual stuff from Kishimoto.

#46 Lady Lys

Lady Lys

Odore buono del cielo sull'erbe, pioggia di prima sera.

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,360 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 03:32 PM

Oh My God. I just skimmed it, and I couldn't help but wanting to face palm so bad... or maybe I'm past the face palming, I'm definitely nesting in a comfortable and fluffy bed of trolling and sarcasm. :fu:

They felt the irresistible need to push NH even here, in chapter bumkitten nowhere? Really? Really? REALLY?! Lame, lame, lame, laaaaaame. 'How perfect they are together' ---> :lmao: HAHAHAHAHAHA LOL, for this 'perfect' to happen they needed so many retcons it's not even funny, let alone believable.  :zaru:

Honestly IDGAF about Akamaru, it would have been better if this demented chapter wasn't published.....like pretty much the 90% of everything else of this franchise. 

Buuuuut, I love how now I can read everything and make fun of it. Cruelly.  :kukuku:

Keep 'em coming Kishi, so I can laugh and hone my sarcasm some more. 

xoxo.

Edited by Lady Lys, 03 May 2015 - 03:32 PM.

- L'inguaribile ottimismo di un dodo.

Hungry for glory - AS Roma 1927

But they were all of them deceived, for another canon was made. In the land of Japan, in the fires of Studio Pierrot, the dark Lord Kishimoto forged in secret a master canon, to control all others, and into this canon, he poured his cruelty, his malice, and his will to dominate all life. One canon to rule them all.

#47 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 03:36 PM

This whole series has just devolved into romance. Maybe some people like it. But i can't help but think it's all to justify NH.

If NS had been the ending, then the rest of the novels, extra chapters, etc, would have been exploring the futures of the other rookies. Not the romances. There would be no need to harp on everyone's romantic life, because there would be no one to convince that Naruto had made the right decision.

Anyway, sort of disappointing. Always thought Kiba and Akamaru were a fun team. Naruto-ish. Would have liked to have seen more of them acting like themselves — stirring up trouble and the like, fighting with Naruto — and less of them justifying other romances.

#48 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 03 May 2015 - 04:01 PM

lol. Wtf was that???

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#49 DattebayoXShannaro

DattebayoXShannaro

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • Interests:anime/ manga, TCGs, JRPGs

Posted 03 May 2015 - 04:05 PM

When are the guys in the cargo pants going to come and tell everyone the age of ninja is over?  Really, it needs to come soon.

#50 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 03 May 2015 - 04:11 PM

What would the perfect ending to Naruto?

509356167_759751.gif?4

#51 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Boku no Hero Academia is better than Naruto

Posted 03 May 2015 - 04:11 PM

This whole series has just devolved into romance. Maybe some people like it. But i can't help but think it's all to justify NH.

If NS had been the ending, then the rest of the novels, extra chapters, etc, would have been exploring the futures of the other rookies. Not the romances. There would be no need to harp on everyone's romantic life, because there would be no one to convince that Naruto had made the right decision.

Anyway, sort of disappointing. Always thought Kiba and Akamaru were a fun team. Naruto-ish. Would have liked to have seen more of them acting like themselves — stirring up trouble and the like, fighting with Naruto — and less of them justifying other romances.

Exactly! Literally everything is about romance now! From the novels, to the mini chapters like this. Why would you change an entire story to a soap opera when you couldn't even add romance to the original. This is all ridiculous.

Edited by Pix, 03 May 2015 - 04:11 PM.

Squad Roll call :

tumblr_ngv9unJacL1qhmbkio1_r1_500.png

#52 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 04:14 PM

What would the perfect ending to Naruto?

The perfect ending to Naruto: The ninja world's reform, Konoha's reform, Naruto as the Hokage, open-ending. (Of course I would like NS but open ending would have saved a lot of further issues). 

Squad Roll call :

#53 HuskyLover

HuskyLover

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Interests:KibaHina
    NaruSaku
    EdXWinry
    Kiba Inuzuka
    Sakura Haruno
    Edward Elric
    Monkey D. Luffy

One Piece
    Fullmetal Alchemist
    n̶a̶r̶u̶t̶o̶ (not anymore)
    HXH
    Some others too

Posted 03 May 2015 - 04:36 PM

Honestly, I thought it was alright. :happy:

I facepalmed when I read the non-translated verision because I thought that Kishi forced Kiba into finding romance by making him jealous of the other couples.

But in the end of this translated version, It kinda showed that Kiba's love for Akamaru was greater than that for any other random Konoha b*tch

I liked how it was narrated by Akamaru ( imo best character left in the series). He has an interesting personality.

But you guys are right about how this is just another opportunity to glorify NH couple even more  :hm:

Cute-Husky-Puppies-3-dogs-30206500-500-3

#54 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 08:56 PM

This chapter sucked.

#55 Dario

Dario

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 09:20 PM

I liked how it was narrated by Akamaru ( imo best character left in the series). He has an interesting personality.

By having an interesting personality, you mean being an unlikable doucheturd? Like a lot of other characters in this manga actually, l sense a pattern!

#56 HuskyLover

HuskyLover

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 318 posts
    NaruSaku
    EdXWinry
    Kiba Inuzuka
    Sakura Haruno
    Edward Elric
    Monkey D. Luffy

One Piece
    Fullmetal Alchemist
    HXH
    Some others too

Posted 03 May 2015 - 10:41 PM

By having an interesting personality, you mean being an unlikable doucheturd? Like a lot of other characters in this manga actually, l sense a pattern!

Lol, Still better than what happened to most of the other characters in the ending  :pimp:

That's why I'm fine with this Akamaru.

#57 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 03:31 AM

Lol, Still better than what happened to most of the other characters in the ending  :pimp:

That's why I'm fine with this Akamaru.

Lol nah. This Akamaru sucked. He was sweet and adorable Part I. Now he's just jealous and pretty much very rude. And pretty sexist. 

A normal dog would have just whimpered about their master not paying attention to them anymore. Not calling every female an undeserving b*tch. 

Btw I love those huskies in you signature. I'm a huge fan of dogs so...

Squad Roll call :

#58 HuskyLover

HuskyLover

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 318 posts
    NaruSaku
    EdXWinry
    Kiba Inuzuka
    Sakura Haruno
    Edward Elric
    Monkey D. Luffy

One Piece
    Fullmetal Alchemist
    HXH
    Some others too

Posted 04 May 2015 - 12:50 PM

Btw I love those huskies in you signature. I'm a huge fan of dogs so...

Oh Thanks  :D

#59 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 10:55 AM

Hmmm....
History of Naruto

Naruto part 1: My name is Naruto Uzumaki and I want to be Hokage cause I want people to like me, but soon I learn that people can like for who I am and not what I am.

Naruto Shippuden:
Pre-Pein Arc:
"I have to end the circle of hatred and change the ninja system from the corrupted people. The damage is too great.

Post-Pein Arc:
SASUKEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Naruto manga post end:
Couples couples couples....kids kids kids kids....couples couple couple couples.....kids kids kids kids.....parents parents parents parents.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 05 May 2015 - 10:56 AM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#60 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 02:41 PM

That's what stood out to me the most. Like wow Akamaru is a very unlikable character if this is the real him. Also this extra chapter was extremely boring. Wasn't pleased.

That's how I felt. I was bored and I didn't care about anything that was happening. It was a slog and all I could think was, is it over yet?

That said, I think people's expectation of this are too high in terms of writing quality. It's a chapter from Akarmaru. I don't think much was intended when it was written. Still, it didn't work as a chapter because it was boring and it couldn't make me care about anything it was..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........oh. I feel asleep thinking about it again,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users